View Poll Results: What do you think about this idea?
I like it! 108 85.71%
I don't like it! 9 7.14%
I have no opinion. 9 7.14%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 04:33   #1
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
`Regional` Servers: Recent idea that could prove interesting.

Now, we all know that there is lots of talk and strong opinions on the issue of communication in the game world, and how many feel that you lose some of the fun when you don't have such free and open communication with most people in the game. Not everyone would say that it's such an issue, but everyone could agree that not having others you can relate with in a social setting can make things a bit awkward. And it's this issue that has sparked a thought that might be of interest to the community!

What if...... you were given the opportunity to have everyone from your region (for example North America, Europe, Asia/Australia, Middle East, etc) transfer to one server, so that you have more of the opportunity to have that type of localized environment? If a server was selected, and the players from that region were given 1 free transfer chance to go to that server, so that you're now able to play with a better concentration of the people in your area.
Now, these `regional` servers wouldn't be IP locked or anything like that, and others are certainly welcome to play there (CO is an international game, after all), but this provides the players from that region to relocate themselves to one spot, improving the gameplay environment for those on that server by ensuring there is a higher population from their particular regions.
For example, say that the Colombus server is chosen to become the North American `regional` server. All the players from North America (Canada, US, Mexico, etc) would be given a chance to transfer to that server for free, making it the one server with the highest concentration of North American players. People from other regions would still be able to play there, if they wished, but would not get the free transfer chance. This would likely be done with each region, so that Europe would have theirs, Asia/Australia, and so on. You still have the chance to play with friends from other places, still have plenty of competition, but you're guaranteed to know you'll have plenty of locals to socialize with in the game.

This is obviously pretty rough draft stuff at the moment, but there was some interest in that idea, and we're very curious to hear the thoughts and feelings from those in the community about the issue and this recent proposal.

So? What do you think about something like this being done? What could you see as possible positives/negatives?
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 04:43   #2
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Nooooooo. Egys need to stay in US servers with 600 ping so I have an easier time killing them. Why TQ why????
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00   #3
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
I and the players from that region were given 1 free transfer chance to go to that server
That doesnt sound like TQ...
But well it only an idea.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 05:04   #4
Chimozukikaari

Chimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond repute
I Do like that idea, BUT, although this is an international game, These Servers should at least IP based in some points:
-the server MUST be newly opened
-free Transfer for 1 certain region per "Region Server"
-new characters MUST be from this certain Region
-server transer Open for ALL regions (the character MUST be First reborn lvl 100+ and at least 3 months old)
-the region server should be located in that region (e.g. the european server should be in central europe), to also solve the ping problem, because we all know, the farther you are away from your server, the worse is your ping. Me as european, I got a ping of 50-150 on any EU server, while having 350-800 on any US server.

e.g. If the Server is Free Transfer for NA, new characters on that server can only be created by players in that Region, but players from Every Region can join the Server at the cost of the Server Transfer price.
this means, the Server is Open for everyone, but it has some restrictions to "foreign" players so players from a certain Region Won't be overcrowded by players from a "foreign" Region.
Without any restrictions, These Region Servers will become just like our Servers are right now in a very short period of Time.

Aggrognom: 130-131-136 Wat-War-Tro

Sup 2 soc +12 -7 perm p6 ears
Sup 2 soc +8 -7 necky
Sup 2 soc +12 -7 perm p6 ThunderCrossSaber
Sup 2 soc +8 -7 perm p6 armor
Sup 2 soc +7 -5 perm p3 Ring
Sup 2 soc +6 -5 boots
Sup 2 soc +7 -1 Fan
Sup 2 soc +7 -1 tower
Sup +6 -1 crop
+7 horse (-1 Mount armor)
-1 Garment

First CrossSabers on Freedom

Last edited by Chimozukikaari; 06-17-2013 at 16:06.
Chimozukikaari is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03   #5
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds okay. Personally I probably wouldn't move. Already got some good friendship in my server.

Potential problem to think about is server crowding, if only one server is chosen.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39   #6
Raliuga
Banned

Raliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond reputeRaliuga has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up imma share this!

I agree!!! waaaaaahahahaha!!!
Raliuga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 09:47   #7
~FireMaveR~

~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute~FireMaveR~ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ~FireMaveR~
I just want this game to be with a better ping and of course a right time for us to play the events!
God Dammit I work/sleep during ALL the events!
Other than CTF, Team PK and Elite PK..

DuuckJack Monk 140-Monk 140-Monk 140 BP 385
Proud Leader of
2189 << Fanpage

I WANT TO PLAY CLAN WAR,
I WANT TO PLAY GUILD WAR,
I WANT BETTER PING!
ALLOW US TO TRANSFER SERVER AND CREATE AN ASIAN SERVER AND AN ARABIAN SERVER IN ENGLISH! SO WE WILL BE FREE FROM LATENCY PROBLEM!!!
To support that: Conquer Online Asia Pacific << Fanpage
~FireMaveR~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03   #8
GOD†PHISH
Phishy Mod

GOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond reputeGOD†PHISH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Nooooooo. Egys need to stay in US servers with 600 ping so I have an easier time killing them. Why TQ why????
I think you're missing understanding him the server aren't moving or anything they still will be same server we have now. There just going to pick server at random so ppl of that area can move and have more ppl of there language this isn't a ping issue it a communication one
GOD†PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 10:40   #9
TipTop

TipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond reputeTipTop has a reputation beyond repute
My bad. I only skimmed through it and voted. If you guys could switch my no vote to a yes that'd be cool.
TipTop is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 12:24   #10
Rickk
I Hunt you

Rickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond reputeRickk has a reputation beyond repute
SO TQ instead of bringing "final solution to botting", it spends time and resources to make region servers... nice
Rickk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 14:53   #11
ilsu333

ilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond repute
I think he idea is pretty interesting,but,i prefer to play a game with multy cultures (something like co1 used to be were the majorty spoke english even if we had our national languages).

I can't say i don't agree,but i honestly i won't start playing on a european server -____- (its just that diversity makes the game interesting and fun,still its sad because most eggys find it hard to learn a international language for some reason,but that's because they don't have to because they are the majority those days -____- ).
Old 06-17-2013, 15:59   #12
Chimozukikaari

Chimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond reputeChimozukikaari has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot something in my other post:

Please, just create an EU only server, like you did with the NA only server and let ppl transfer there from the VERY start!
>>Communication issue? What communication issue? That would be the result, there WON'T be a huge communication issue on IP based servers, as we have it now on kinda EVERY server.

P.S. This is just another alternative way to solve this problem.

How much would it help, if e.g. 100 players from region (let's call it) A come to a server, populated with 2900 players from region (hm...) E? I'd say... not at all!

Now the thing is: new servers with restrictions (as i mentioned in my post above) would help to keep the variety active, because my alternative does not prohibit players from region B,C,D or E to join the region A server, but it keeps their population low enough to have the majority of ppl being of your very own region. Even if only 100 ppl from A do the free transfer to their new home, and 10 ppl from E transfer for 3k cps to that server, the chances of meeting someone who DOES understand you would be massively higher, than just letting ppl transfer to certain existing servers on which we already have the communication issue, caused by any group of players who DO NOT understand you, you're trying to solve.

Aggrognom: 130-131-136 Wat-War-Tro

Sup 2 soc +12 -7 perm p6 ears
Sup 2 soc +8 -7 necky
Sup 2 soc +8 -7 perm p6 armor
Sup 2 soc +7 -5 perm p3 Ring
Sup 2 soc +6 -5 boots
Sup 2 soc +7 -1 Fan
Sup 2 soc +7 -1 tower
Sup +6 -1 crop
+7 horse (-1 Mount armor)
-1 Garment

First CrossSabers on Freedom
Chimozukikaari is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 22:23   #13
~Ahmed~

~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Potential problem to think about is server crowding, if only one server is chosen.
^

I accidentally disapproved of the idea on that poll. But I personally like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsu333 View Post
I think he idea is pretty interesting,but,i prefer to play a game with multy cultures (something like co1 used to be were the majorty spoke english even if we had our national languages).

I can't say i don't agree,but i honestly i won't start playing on a european server -____- (its just that diversity makes the game interesting and fun,still its sad because most eggys find it hard to learn a international language for some reason,but that's because they don't have to because they are the majority those days -____- ).
And Europe is not ****ing diverse? Shut the **** up.

Last edited by ~Ahmed~; 06-17-2013 at 22:29.
~Ahmed~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 00:45   #14
Kingofbears
||||||||||

Kingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond repute
I like this idea but I know that it will just remain as a fantasy
Old 06-18-2013, 03:16   #15
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Well it is a small solution to both ping and environment, as the servers would be in that area (NA is a US server, EU is EU, possible Aus based server, etc) so that you would have a steadier ping and be able to play with more people from that region.
And other people would be able to play there still, if they wanted, it's simply giving each region a chance to have their own kind of "home" server.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: