Old 06-10-2011, 14:24   #1
Infamous~
Seig Heil

Infamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond repute
Cough* r.i.p

London Times Obituary of the late Mr. Common Sense
'Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets theworm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend morethan you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are incharge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Elastoplast to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

I couldn't resist posting this, as I have say to my husband, doesn't anyone have common sense anymore? )

2009 update: At the orginal time fo posting this article I didn't know who wrote it and simply found it online. Since then I have found the writer. She deseves the kudos for writing it.
Note from Lori Borgman: This piece was first published March 15, 1998 in the Indianapolis Star. It has been "modified" and "edited" by others and circulated on the Internet, even sent to me several times. Imagine my surprise to see it attributed to some guy named Anonymous. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I take having my work circulated on the web as a compliment.
You don't really need to become a girl/female if you wanted to look good you know...?

The pic above is disturbing... and whatever in it is slightly disturbing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
You do if you want to win a beauty constest, where 90% of voters are men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
Become a genderbending shemale? or u talking full out peepee demolition surgery.
^- LOL
Infamous~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 14:28   #2
Dandan2
Banned

Dandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond repute
tl;dr
Dandan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 14:31   #3
Infamous~
Seig Heil

Infamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandan2 View Post
tl;dr
My thoughts exactly until i was bored enough to read it. Sad to say was worth my time
You don't really need to become a girl/female if you wanted to look good you know...?

The pic above is disturbing... and whatever in it is slightly disturbing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
You do if you want to win a beauty constest, where 90% of voters are men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
Become a genderbending shemale? or u talking full out peepee demolition surgery.
^- LOL
Infamous~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 14:41   #4
Dandan2
Banned

Dandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandan2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous~ View Post
i couldn't resist posting this, as i have say to my husband, doesn't anyone have common sense anymore? )
homo!!!!!
Dandan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 14:43   #5
Mr.Wiz

Mr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Wiz has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed its worth the read , its only sad because its true , WTF happened to this world

TheRaven arch-tro-arch 130-131-134 - the quest is over -First raven on server
MrWiz arch-arch-arch 125-130-117 finally retired

Quoth the Raven , Nevermore - edgar allan poe

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war - william shakespear (from julius ceaser)

Virtutis gloria merces (Glory is the reward of valour) - my clan motto

evil truimphs when good men do nothing
Mr.Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 14:44   #6
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
I played with Common Sense years ago.

He never understood how spending real money to gamble for pixels was a game and finally he got pushed out by the monied interests.

He said the game became just a shopping game -- Electa Glide must have heard that from him.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 16:24   #7
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous~ View Post
'Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets theworm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend morethan you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are incharge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Elastoplast to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

I couldn't resist posting this, as I have say to my husband, doesn't anyone have common sense anymore? )

2009 update: At the orginal time fo posting this article I didn't know who wrote it and simply found it online. Since then I have found the writer. She deseves the kudos for writing it.
Note from Lori Borgman: This piece was first published March 15, 1998 in the Indianapolis Star. It has been "modified" and "edited" by others and circulated on the Internet, even sent to me several times. Imagine my surprise to see it attributed to some guy named Anonymous. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I take having my work circulated on the web as a compliment.
I remember this! I even saved it in a text file.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2011, 16:42   #8
Angerkev

Angerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous~ View Post

Conveniently forgetting a pregnant woman, who's UNBORN baby, has been given an anti social behaviour order.

Durrrrrrrr.
Angerkev is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: