View Poll Results: Would you be intrested in instituting "Trial by Jury" ?
Sounds like fun - Sure im in. 2 33.33%
Maybe with some fine tuning something could work. 1 16.67%
Nah...sounds too far-fetched to be feasible. 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 20:13   #1
VendettaEUP
Polizei

VendettaEUP has a spectacular aura aboutVendettaEUP has a spectacular aura about
Trial by fire..

Here's a proposition. Everyone whines about getting botjailed unlawfully or without reason, but it is a fact that there has to be video evidence to convict someone to send them to botjail. So why not have a trial of peers on each video? TQ wants to make the game more fun to everyone, but everyone is leaving because they believe that they are unlawfully botjailed. So heres my proposition:

1 - Judge [ Moderator ]

10 - Jury Members: Elected by polls on forums, anyone who wants to be a member of the jury posts to the messege saying that they are running. If there are 10 running canidates then there will be 1 post as the maximum ammount of choices in a poll is 10. If there is more then ten then there will be another poll added.

The video is posted in the forum, and the winners of the Jury polls will view the video. A annonymous decision by each Jury Member is mailed via private messege to the moderator as "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" who then transfers the decision to the GM's.

Appeal: The subject of the video will be given the opportunity to appeal if it is a split decision or a 6/4 decision to the GM's. The GMs will further review the movie and decide "Guilty" or "Not Guilty".

The verdict will be posted in Evelyinn's botjail post as well as the Jury post.

Side Notes: It wouldnt be so much more difficult to have them let us decide wheather or not the suspect has used proxy or not. The Jury poll's ensure that the best canidates for the Jury will be elected and not just the "friends" of the suspect thus giving it a lawful judgement. This could save alot of people from being sent to botjail, but then again it could just be all a scam to get players money via Dragonballs to pay themselves out..

Thoughts / Opinions ?

Vulto Ramierez - Knight - L5X
----> Full Legendary Polaris Set +1.
DigitalHitmann of RAZE - Summoner - L11X
----> Full Legendary Picaresque Set +4, Rhapsody+4, +7 Blizzaya's.

" If all you learned was Bier ( Beer ) in German 100 then my mission is complete. " - Professor Leo Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Starshine says:
every time you post, I get nervous. =P
" I am da mutha f***in po-leece " - Denzel Washington
VendettaEUP is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2007, 20:27   #2
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Kitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting and good idea, belongs in Suggestions, knowing TQ will not be implimented.

Also doesn't help the people getting BJed for dropping items on the move, intentional or not.

<3 Friends ~ Gemini server

Quote:
There are more "Kitsu's" out there
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=616722 <-- When your Db disapears to a bug... what does TQ do??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HELPFUL cos anything that screws up... ISN'T IN OUR LOGS While we're at it we'll also accuse you of trying to scam customer retention FTW
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2007, 20:30   #3
VendettaEUP
Polizei

VendettaEUP has a spectacular aura aboutVendettaEUP has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Interesting and good idea, belongs in Suggestions, knowing TQ will not be implimented.

Also doesn't help the people getting BJed for dropping items on the move, intentional or not.
Supposedly you need video to convict. Therefore if they stuck to what they preach..Then those people should be let go freely if its for dropping items, ja?

I moderated for Aeria Online for about 7 months. All you need to do to see if someone is proxying is open up a single file. They know when people drop items and how, so they know exactly who is put into botjail for a dropped item.

" If all you learned was Bier ( Beer ) in German 100 then my mission is complete. " - Professor Leo Gruber

Quote:
Starshine says:

Last edited by VendettaEUP; 11-01-2007 at 20:32.
Old 11-01-2007, 21:02   #4
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Kitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond repute
In reality we know it's different. You get sent first, then they decide what to do with your char. Agree with you though, IF they stuck to it... but what can we players do? Sue them?

Quote:
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=616722 <-- When your Db disapears to a bug... what does TQ do??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HELPFUL cos anything that screws up... ISN'T IN OUR LOGS While we're at it we'll also accuse you of trying to scam customer retention FTW
Old 11-01-2007, 21:10   #5
VendettaEUP
Polizei

Quote:
In reality we know it's different. You get sent first, then they decide what to do with your char. Agree with you though, IF they stuck to it... but what can we players do? Sue them?
You dont think its been done already my dear?

Quote:
Starshine says:
Old 11-01-2007, 21:13   #6
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Hehe.. what happened?

Quote:
Old 11-01-2007, 21:18   #7
VendettaEUP
Polizei

Quote:
Hehe.. what happened?
Along time ago someone was banned for botting ( Im pretty sure ) when it first came availible and they threatened to sue the company because the player had spent money on DBs to buy sockets in game.

Quote:
Starshine says:
Old 11-01-2007, 21:34   #8
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Threatened, I've seen that post.. but I don't think the case went anywhere :/

Quote:
Old 11-01-2007, 21:39   #9
VendettaEUP
Polizei

Quote:
Threatened, I've seen that post.. but I don't think the case went anywhere :/
TQ unbanned the person. Thats why.

Oh - And I was banned before. An unbanned.

Quote:
Starshine says:
Old 11-01-2007, 22:58   #10
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

^^" Won't work till they get in trouble... Tsk, but if they did listen to what us players have to offer, they could make CO into one of the most popular games...

Quote:
Old 11-02-2007, 02:38   #11
~Damien~
I Pk U Plx

~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendettaEUP View Post
Here's a proposition. Everyone whines about getting botjailed unlawfully or without reason, but it is a fact that there has to be video evidence to convict someone to send them to botjail. So why not have a trial of peers on each video? TQ wants to make the game more fun to everyone, but everyone is leaving because they believe that they are unlawfully botjailed. So heres my proposition:

1 - Judge [ Moderator ]

10 - Jury Members: Elected by polls on forums, anyone who wants to be a member of the jury posts to the messege saying that they are running. If there are 10 running canidates then there will be 1 post as the maximum ammount of choices in a poll is 10. If there is more then ten then there will be another poll added.

The video is posted in the forum, and the winners of the Jury polls will view the video. A annonymous decision by each Jury Member is mailed via private messege to the moderator as "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" who then transfers the decision to the GM's.

Appeal: The subject of the video will be given the opportunity to appeal if it is a split decision or a 6/4 decision to the GM's. The GMs will further review the movie and decide "Guilty" or "Not Guilty".

The verdict will be posted in Evelyinn's botjail post as well as the Jury post.

Side Notes: It wouldnt be so much more difficult to have them let us decide wheather or not the suspect has used proxy or not. The Jury poll's ensure that the best canidates for the Jury will be elected and not just the "friends" of the suspect thus giving it a lawful judgement. This could save alot of people from being sent to botjail, but then again it could just be all a scam to get players money via Dragonballs to pay themselves out..

Thoughts / Opinions ?
You have way too much time on your hands.
Goyem 120 Trojan -> 130 Archer

Colar Pop Hat Tilt Combo
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=42078911

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7x...eature=related

Rest in peace Missy aka Oracle, we miss you
~Damien~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 06:57   #12
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Starshine
James, it's not a practical solution in this case. That would create way too much overhead to pay people to look at each jailing case. This is a game we're talking about, and the creators of the game have the right to do what they want (within reason).

This suggestion isn't suitable to the direction the company is going towards (which, in my opinion is down because of their poor service). They dont need another level of jurisdiction here because their way of detecting cheaters is 98% proof in their eyes.

I dont know what TQ plans on implementing in the future to deter cheating... maybe it's nothing, maybe it's what you suggested with the log system... but until then, we'll just have to wait. This suggestion is one of the millions that are among the suggested, but never come to fruition.

Starshine -- Level 124 Fire Tao (All spells fixed - Heading for 130 now!)
Psyche -- Level 130->129 Water->Warrior
xxGemZ0xx -- Level 110->130 Water->Archer
ScYlLa -- Level 110->117 Water->Water
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2007, 07:23   #13
VendettaEUP
Polizei

Quote:
James, it's not a practical solution in this case. That would create way too much overhead to pay people to look at each jailing case. This is a game we're talking about, and the creators of the game have the right to do what they want (within reason).

This suggestion isn't suitable to the direction the company is going towards (which, in my opinion is down because of their poor service). They dont need another level of jurisdiction here because their way of detecting cheaters is 98% proof in their eyes.

I dont know what TQ plans on implementing in the future to deter cheating... maybe it's nothing, maybe it's what you suggested with the log system... but until then, we'll just have to wait. This suggestion is one of the millions that are among the suggested, but never come to fruition.

Where did I say anything about paying people to do it?

Quote:
Starshine says:
Old 11-02-2007, 07:24   #14
VendettaEUP
Polizei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Damien~ View Post
You have way too much time on your hands.
If you have nothing helpful to say, then stay off my thread. Simple as that.

Oh, and atleast its not spent in-game but rather thinking outside of a virtual world. Sorry that you arent enabled to think outside the box.

Quote:
Starshine says:

Last edited by VendettaEUP; 11-02-2007 at 07:34.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33   #15
~Damien~
I Pk U Plx

~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute~Damien~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendettaEUP View Post
If you have nothing helpful to say, then stay off my thread. Simple as that.
Actually what I said is quite helpful, you have too much time on your hands if your spending it trying to set up something lame like that it'll never work. By telling you this you may realize you could do something more constructive with your time, simple as that.
Goyem 120 Trojan -> 130 Archer

Colar Pop Hat Tilt Combo
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=42078911

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7x...eature=related

Rest in peace Missy aka Oracle, we miss you

Last edited by ~Damien~; 11-02-2007 at 18:23.
~Damien~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: