View Poll Results: Lotak
Yes, maybe. 55 71.43%
NO! 22 28.57%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33   #406
heavens_fury
Banned

heavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteh View Post
What makes me laugh is those women who have a diet coke, you know, to help them lose weight, while they're shovelling McDonald's down their gob.

It's about as useful as diet water.
yeah lol there's a woman at my work who everyday has a slab of chocolate cake with cream after her dinner while sitting with a diet coke xD

i don't like soda :x if it's the only option though i'd drink sprite, used to drink alot of irn bru but if i have too much of one thing i start to hate it x.x so i stopped drinking it a long time ago.
heavens_fury is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36   #407
Morteh
Banned

Morteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavens_fury View Post
yeah lol there's a woman at my work who everyday has a slab of chocolate cake with cream after her dinner while sitting with a diet coke xD

i don't like soda :x if it's the only option though i'd drink sprite, used to drink alot of irn bru but if i have too much of one thing i start to hate it x.x so i stopped drinking it a long time ago.
Well iuno. It doesn't bother me if someone likes the taste of Diet Coke (although seriously now, what taste?) and so drinks it, but goddamn ignorant people who think it helps lose weight or something, bah!

Sprite is lame. It's just like lemonade. It's alright when it's ice cold, but ehhh. I like fizzy vimto. ****'s hot. Same as vimto chew bars. Oh man yes.

Dr.Pepper makes me ****. I lose control of my bowels for about 30 minutes after I drink that ****. Doesn't stop me though. Just makes for some awkward social moments.
Morteh is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2009, 12:19   #408
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
yeah, I had a diabetes scare not long ago. Doctor thought I might have had diabetes so had to have a urine sample. Turns out I didn't have it though, so I just carry on with my bad eating habits. x_x

Isn't acid reflux where the stomach acid just gets up your oesophagus? Like what most people call heartburn, but a bit more severe? Was that to do with the coke? Or is it just like aversion ****. Because it happened when you was drinking coke you don't like it anymore? aha

No idea who Mike is. Hot and mature.
That's what the Doc said it was. And yes that's pretty much it, but it felt like something trying to burst out of my stomach and my back. It was by far the most painful thing ever. The only way I can describe it is that its like that scene from Alien 2 where a baby alien bursts out of a guy's stomach. That is what it felt like.

Well I guessed that it might have been from all the coke I drank and coke is pretty acidic, so I decided from that day to drink no more non-alcoholic fizzy drinks. Since that day, I think the only time I've not touched coke or an alcoholic drink with coke.

Quote:
What makes me laugh is those women who have a diet coke, you know, to help them lose weight, while they're shovelling McDonald's down their gob.

It's about as useful as diet water.
What really made me go crazy is when someone bought a sandwich or w/e from Greggs and when the woman asked him if he wanted a drink, he asks for a coke. When she asked him what kind of coke he replied "full fat". Wtf is "full fat" coke?!
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46   #409
heavens_fury
Banned

heavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well iuno. It doesn't bother me if someone likes the taste of Diet Coke (although seriously now, what taste?) and so drinks it, but goddamn ignorant people who think it helps lose weight or something, bah!

Sprite is lame. It's just like lemonade. It's alright when it's ice cold, but ehhh. I like fizzy vimto. ****'s hot. Same as vimto chew bars. Oh man yes.

Dr.Pepper makes me ****. I lose control of my bowels for about 30 minutes after I drink that ****. Doesn't stop me though. Just makes for some awkward social moments.
i like lemonade lol i used to like the little poem things you got on vimto cans xD

thanks for sharing the dr pepper thing x.x i really needed to know that lol
Old 12-15-2009, 14:47   #410
Morteh
Banned

Morteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
That's what the Doc said it was. And yes that's pretty much it, but it felt like something trying to burst out of my stomach and my back. It was by far the most painful thing ever. The only way I can describe it is that its like that scene from Alien 2 where a baby alien bursts out of a guy's stomach. That is what it felt like.

Well I guessed that it might have been from all the coke I drank and coke is pretty acidic, so I decided from that day to drink no more non-alcoholic fizzy drinks. Since that day, I think the only time I've not touched coke or an alcoholic drink with coke.

What really made me go crazy is when someone bought a sandwich or w/e from Greggs and when the woman asked him if he wanted a drink, he asks for a coke. When she asked him what kind of coke he replied "full fat". Wtf is "full fat" coke?!
Done some of that **** in biology/chemistry. Figured it was just something that naturally occured, oh well. :3

Rofl. I supposed it's technically correct, if you assume that diet coke has less fat in it that normal coke? D:

Just googled it and this came up.

What diet? Kerry Katona has full-fat Coke and Sugar Puffs delivered to her home (from Iceland, of course)

After undergoing 15,000 worth of plastic surgery, one would expect Kerry Katona to eat sensibly so she wouldn't lose her svelte figure.
But it appears the reality star isn't on a health kick as she received a grocery delivery from Iceland today.

Bit harsh. Someone orders "full fat" coke and cheese puffs; IT MEANS YOU'RE A FATTEH, FATTEH. D:

Quote:
i like lemonade lol i used to like the little poem things you got on vimto cans xD

thanks for sharing the dr pepper thing x.x i really needed to know that lol
I only use lemonade to dilute some alcoholic drinks. (Like beer, I can't handle my beer. Jokes. D:)

I liked the advert. Met his mates, at the pool. Packed his daft pants now, what a fool! Daft pants in the middle of his robe ettttttc. Was that even vimto?

Yee. I'm at College, and it's the only drink left in the fridge. So I get it, and I drink it. 10 minutes later, I'm stood there thinking, "Oh God, I need a ****. **** **** ****. Oh heck, it's just a fart ... just a fart." So I let a little fart out, "****, ****, **** what the **** is that. Shiiiiiiiiit." Run to the toilet, pull down my pants. TO MY SHOCK AND HORROR, RUNNY POO HAS LEAKED. So anyway, I mop that **** up and go commando for the rest of the day. True story.
Old 12-15-2009, 14:54   #411
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Done some of that **** in biology/chemistry. Figured it was just something that naturally occured, oh well. :3

Rofl. I supposed it's technically correct, if you assume that diet coke has less fat in it that normal coke? D:

Just googled it and this came up.

What diet? Kerry Katona has full-fat Coke and Sugar Puffs delivered to her home (from Iceland, of course)

Bit harsh. Someone orders "full fat" coke and cheese puffs; IT MEANS YOU'RE A FATTEH, FATTEH. D:

THERE IS NO FAT IN COKE! Sugar is NOT fat.
What kind of source are they using to get fat in coke? The only drinks that actually have any fat in them are those derived from animals, i.e. milk.

Quote:
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.

Old 12-15-2009, 15:17   #412
heavens_fury
Banned

Quote:
I only use lemonade to dilute some alcoholic drinks. (Like beer, I can't handle my beer. Jokes. D:)

I liked the advert. Met his mates, at the pool. Packed his daft pants now, what a fool! Daft pants in the middle of his robe ettttttc. Was that even vimto?

Yee. I'm at College, and it's the only drink left in the fridge. So I get it, and I drink it. 10 minutes later, I'm stood there thinking, "Oh God, I need a ****. **** **** ****. Oh heck, it's just a fart ... just a fart." So I let a little fart out, "****, ****, **** what the **** is that. Shiiiiiiiiit." Run to the toilet, pull down my pants. TO MY SHOCK AND HORROR, RUNNY POO HAS LEAKED. So anyway, I mop that **** up and go commando for the rest of the day. True story.
Idk that advert :s only swimming pool one i can think of is the one where the guy is bouncing on the diving board trying to impress girls and slips and is hanging from the diving board by his speedos lol think it's for irn bru or something.

that's disgusting >.<
Old 12-15-2009, 15:24   #413
Morteh
Banned

Quote:
THERE IS NO FAT IN COKE! Sugar is NOT fat.
What kind of source are they using to get fat in coke? The only drinks that actually have any fat in them are those derived from animals, i.e. milk.
I didn't say sugar was fat, just that it wouldn't be so bad to assume, given the names, that one has less fat than the other.

Don't they have a trace of fat? Wouldn't really know. Not really sure what products they use in their drinks. Corn syrup? Has cornstarch in it. I'm sure cornstarch has fat in it, even if it is a small amount.

Quote:
Idk that advert :s only swimming pool one i can think of is the one where the guy is bouncing on the diving board trying to impress girls and slips and is hanging from the diving board by his speedos lol think it's for irn bru or something.

that's disgusting >.<
Never heard of that advert either. Maybe it was only aired in England.

But true. Oh so true. Thank god for my arse hairs. Managed to stop the leak spreading downwards, elsewhere.
Old 12-15-2009, 16:00   #414
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Quote:
I didn't say sugar was fat, just that it wouldn't be so bad to assume, given the names, that one has less fat than the other.

Don't they have a trace of fat? Wouldn't really know. Not really sure what products they use in their drinks. Corn syrup? Has cornstarch in it. I'm sure cornstarch has fat in it, even if it is a small amount.

128g of cornstarch contains:

Total Fat
0.1g
0%
Saturated Fat
0.0g
0%
Polyunsaturated Fat
0.0g

The amount of corn starch in Coke is most probably less than 10% and therefore the amount of fat contributed by cornstarch to Coke is negligible.

As well as that, the main ingredients in Coke are:
Water
CO2
Sugar
Phosphoric Acid
Citric Acid
Flavourings (Caramel)
Caffeine

None of which contain ANY fat that should be taken into consideration.

What people mean to say when they say "full fat" or "no fat" is "High sugar" or "no sugar" content.

Quote:

Old 12-15-2009, 17:12   #415
heavens_fury
Banned

Quote:
128g of cornstarch contains:

Total Fat
0.1g
0%
Saturated Fat
0.0g
0%
Polyunsaturated Fat
0.0g

The amount of corn starch in Coke is most probably less than 10% and therefore the amount of fat contributed by cornstarch to Coke is negligible.

As well as that, the main ingredients in Coke are:
Water
CO2
Sugar
Phosphoric Acid
Citric Acid
Flavourings (Caramel)
Caffeine

None of which contain ANY fat that should be taken into consideration.

What people mean to say when they say "full fat" or "no fat" is "High sugar" or "no sugar" content.
one of my friends shakes a bottle of soda to make it flat before she drinks it as she thinks it's less 'fattening' that way
Old 12-15-2009, 17:25   #416
Neko.chan
Assassin

Neko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond repute
All coke, or carbonated drinks make you retain water. The phosphoric acid will eat away the enamel on your teeth, and eat away the lining of your esophagus. It's pretty nasty ****, why they don't have warning labels on coke, I will never know.

You know that stuff eats lime from batteries? If you leave a t-bone steak in a bowl of coke, it'll eat away the meat?

Yes, sign me up for coke.
and death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstar View Post
lolol if i ever meet u in the street ima just be like add man ok or no, and pull out a notebook so i can write your name in it.
Neko.chan is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2009, 17:51   #417
Morteh
Banned

Quote:
one of my friends shakes a bottle of soda to make it flat before she drinks it as she thinks it's less 'fattening' that way
People used to say that drinking flat cola would mean your body burns off fat, rather than using glucose or glycogen or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko.chan View Post
All coke, or carbonated drinks make you retain water. The phosphoric acid will eat away the enamel on your teeth, and eat away the lining of your esophagus. It's pretty nasty ****, why they don't have warning labels on coke, I will never know.

You know that stuff eats lime from batteries? If you leave a t-bone steak in a bowl of coke, it'll eat away the meat?

and death.
In 20 years time, I'll be the case study that will cause warnings to be put on coke bottles. I brush my teeth 3 times a day. Not exactly solving it, but hey, it's a compromise. My oesophagus sucks anyway. I'll just have a fake one put in. Gotta love the advancement of Science.
Old 12-15-2009, 18:48   #418
Neko.chan
Assassin

Neko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
People used to say that drinking flat cola would mean your body burns off fat, rather than using glucose or glycogen or whatever.

In 20 years time, I'll be the case study that will cause warnings to be put on coke bottles. I brush my teeth 3 times a day. Not exactly solving it, but hey, it's a compromise. My oesophagus sucks anyway. I'll just have a fake one put in. Gotta love the advancement of Science.
Well, I'm not sure how much of a great thing being the case study for coke warning labels would be. Yeah, but the lasting damage caused by coke and similar products will overshadow brushing 3 times a day.
._. A fake one eh? I like mine, it works just fine O_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstar View Post
lolol if i ever meet u in the street ima just be like add man ok or no, and pull out a notebook so i can write your name in it.
Neko.chan is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-16-2009, 04:16   #419
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Quote:
What a muppet. Please tell me you are kidding? Carbonated just means its got CO2 in it. That gas is either burped or farted out, most commonly the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko.chan View Post

and death.
The acid is probably dilute enough to only have an effect on your teeth in large quantities. I highly doubt they've got a 5M of H3PO4 in coke. That would be madness. Plus, there is nothing whatsoever beneficial about coke other than that it gives a sugar rush and is quite cheap.

Quote:

Old 12-16-2009, 05:24   #420
heavens_fury
Banned

Quote:
What a muppet. Please tell me you are kidding? Carbonated just means its got CO2 in it. That gas is either burped or farted out, most commonly the former.

The acid is probably dilute enough to only have an effect on your teeth in large quantities. I highly doubt they've got a 5M of H3PO4 in coke. That would be madness. Plus, there is nothing whatsoever beneficial about coke other than that it gives a sugar rush and is quite cheap.
nope i am not kidding lol she does it alllll the time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: