Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 14:17   #10336
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
>Implying Tesseract is the state of the art
>Implying the Windows OS (Which is WAY more than the kernel) hasn't changed and will never be changed in the future
>Implying DirectX hasn't been so radically rewritten so that it's incompatible with earlier versions
>Implying all possible ideas have been exhausted and Innovation is irrelevant

I'm sorry bro but innovation is not made by sticking to the beaten path. An engine that has been in development for 15 years in your words, and it still cannot read text accurately, let alone be even the best product on the market. THAT's your example?

My way of programming is not obsolete as long as I can make money out of it, even if it's not the "proper" way for you

Furthermore, you've completely moved my point of the post. You turned my satisfaction of my personal success into an attack on which way research should go. I never wanted to and I'm not going to keep being part of an academic discussion like that because frankly I've got better stuff to do in my free time. You go do upgrade your tesseract to a reliable accuracy and score your papers and big bank. Knock yourself out.
Actually i said that a product that was developed within 1 month is clearly not better than software that has been developed for years. Especially software that is written by someone that is anything but experienced.

But your boss is literally a retard if he doesnt let you finish the software, because other companies have to pay a whole team of devs for a couple of years and millions of $ for software, that is even worse.

Tesseract has also around 100k lines of codes. Quite a lot for a rubbish programm that can be easily beaten by your 1 month development.

Therefore sorry but this sounds rather like bs to anyone that actually knows a bit about programming.

At best someone can develop some basic ocr by using a lib like opencv within 1 month, but even then this would be code reuse again :O. The system has to be also trained. And all that within 1 month from scratch. *clap,clap*.

And please check what code reuse actually is. It doesnt mean that old code remains the same.

Its not even an idea of me, but the standard for any serious software development. Coding from scratch would be simply way too expensive.

Maybe you should apply at some of the bigger IT companies. They could easily fire 90% of their devs if they get you.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2013, 17:15   #10337
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
You really live in your own little world, don't you?

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2013, 17:52   #10338
WTFizzle
BAMF

WTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond reputeWTFizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Took the time to look at my driver's manual. So much maintenance for my car.
What is this wheel rotation every 7miles, air pressure check every month, and all these vehicle fluids check twice a year, and other stuff that I forgot about. Not to mention I need to change my air filter soon, should have done it during my last oil change. @_@

the only reason I took the time was because one of the lights came on, was like... uhh what does that mean?!! Seems the air pressure for tires were low, but then the light turned off. Read about it and apparently its just the really cold temperature thats making it flip out but also a reminder that's its getting low.

Last edited by WTFizzle; 01-25-2013 at 17:55.
WTFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2013, 03:05   #10339
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You really live in your own little world, don't you?
Well i am not the one that claims ridiculous stuff, so you should be rather asked that question.

But im looking forward reading your paper that revolutionizes ocr.
Computer Scientist
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19   #10340
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
You're retarded. You put words in people's mouth and then build a retarded argument with that. Get a sock puppet and argue with that.

This is Bulgaria.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55   #10341
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
You're retarded. You put words in people's mouth and then build a retarded argument with that. Get a sock puppet and argue with that.
If i am retarded then was does make you and your boss then considering you have algorithm that would revolutionize ocr but you arent allowed to finish the software for the price of only few grands salary. Just in case you people didnt notice but this software could make you very rich, only an idiot or a liar wouldnt finish it .

And no i dont just put words in your mouth, i use your own words against you. It only works if you claimed bs, which is obviously the case.
Computer Scientist
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59   #10342
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

LOL love the way the interviewer guy talks
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/25/business/us-dopey-fiscal-cliff-davos/index.html?hpt=hp_c3
anyone knows his name?

This is Bulgaria.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21   #10343
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get a sockpuppet and argue with it. I don't approve of that.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2013, 23:28   #10344
SwichB1ade
20% Cooler

SwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond repute
Today was .45 day at the range. I shot a Glock 21 and a Sig Sauer 1911. Not counting the outlier, that's a 4 shot, once inch group at 10 yards. Later I watched Clerks, which was hilarious, and purchased some wood grips for my S&W Model 10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grouping.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	148333  
Gonna put White Christmas up my nose

I ain't no weatherman - don't know if it's gonna rain
'Cause I'm a rock 'n roll clown, do a lot of cocaine
One of these days they're gonna take me away
'Cause I'm Dr. Rockso, and I do cocaine
SwichB1ade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30   #10345
randa111

randa111 is on a distinguished road
well i did meet my girlfriend today. but nothing accomplished there :P
randa111 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50   #10346
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by randa111 View Post
well i did meet my girlfriend today. but nothing accomplished there :P
Ya know there's a joke about that.

A guy comes back from a date.
-Yes?
-Yes.
-Hero!

This is Bulgaria.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51   #10347
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

85% accuracy.

This is Bulgaria.
Old 01-31-2013, 15:41   #10348
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
Death, don't take away a man's dreams, for that may be the only thing he has left.
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10   #10349
~Ahmed~

~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFlakes:o View Post
Death, don't take away a man's dreams, for that may be the only thing he has left.
If dreams are all I got left in life, I'd rather be dead then lol.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11   #10350
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Dreams ARE life, conversely a person without dreams is not truly alive.

This is Bulgaria.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: