Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 02:15   #61
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Oh look, Deathclaw is quoting Wikipedia as a source again.
Cute.

Quote:
What is a Gamemaster/GM?

A gamemaster, GM for short, is a person who acts as an organizer, officiant for questions regarding rules, arbitrator, and moderator for a multiplayer role-playing game. They are most common in co-operative games in which players work together and are less common in competitive games in which players oppose each other.

Gamemasters act as a moderator or customer service representative for an online community. A gamemaster in such a game is either an experienced volunteer player or an employee of the game's publisher. They enforce the game's rules by banishing spammers, player killers, cheaters, and hackers and by solving players' problems by providing general customer service.

Gamemasters do NOT have the power or authority to alter game mechanics such as enhancing, nerfing, adding, deleting, or creating features in the game. However, if given authority, they are given access to tools for events. An example of this was an event here in DN in which the players were in the farm channel and GMs literally dropped epic codes. That is a demonstration of how much power a gamemaster is entitled to, when given authority to do so.
Quote:
Definition:

Administrator: Owner of the Server. I guess you know what his job is.
GM: Game Master, giving Support in Forum & Server, holding Events, hunting Bots.
Scripter: Doing Scripts for the server.
Developer: Doing Modifications [Sources in example, I think] with Computer language (C+, C++ in example) and scripting.

All Staff may punish and do regular GM work.
Quote:
According to Linsey Murdock, (Source)

There is a team of NCsoft game masters; they have limited contact with ArenaNet developers.
Do you need more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
No, it isn't. You have implied that TQ has "extensive DDoS countermeasures", which makes this different from DDoSing Minecraft private servers with no protections. I'd like to see you show some proof.
What part here implies that TQ has servers with extensive DDoS countermeasures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Do you actually think that players can afford datacenters with extensive DDoS countermeasures? If anything then those minecraft servers are more vulnerable to DDoS attacks than the CO servers therefore your argument is null and void thanks to you.
You showed that lizard stresser was used to DDoS minecraft servers, therefore it is irrelevant if the CO servers have any kind of protection.

You ****ed this up .

You might want to follow your own advice and stick with your lawyer stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
It's not sufficient for the reasons posted above. Also "sufficiency" doesn't tend to win you any arguments.
If it stops further attacks then it is sufficient. You only stated that TQ couldn't be sure and/or couldn't prove that IP Stresser actually received their message. As for the former: I think that it is common knowledge even for a lawyer that emails are usually received. As for the latter: It does not matter. It would be highly unlikely that TQ had to sue IP Stresser to stop further attacks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
You seem fixated with the lizard stresser. I merely used it as an illustration of how people seem to like to attack gaming sites/servers. It doesn't matter whether they use a botnet or an IP stresser, both with do the job, so there is no point making a technical distinction.
Says the guy that only presented proof about lizard stresser .
The argument of you guys was that a stresser like IP Stresser would be enough to actually DDoS servers like the CO ones. Lizard Stresser is not a stresser like IP Stresser.
The distinction is essential to this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Technical distinction utterly irrelevant. Both can take down a gaming website/server. I might remind you of your earlier post here: http://bbs.co.91.com/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=31 where you were apparently unaware that people can hire cheap ip stressers to replicate the effects of a botnet (without needing to have one or accessing the dark web).
Where is your proof that a stresser can take down a gaming server? Assumptions assumptions. Again Lizard Stresser is not a stresser.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
It is not as easy to find a botnet from a simple search in google. As I'm sure you are aware, the problem with downloading any software which allows you to DDoS like the low orbit ion cannon for example, is that such software is often fitted out with a backdoor which allows the developer to hax you. Ip stressers won't **** you.
It is not my problem that the tools to efficiently take down a server are not easy to find and/or risky to use. Another irrelevant argument.

Fact is that even botnets are publicly available for use. The lizard stresser was actually very easy to use and prolly even safe.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
facepalm.jpg Do you want me to explain the difference between court proceedings and an arbitration? If you want to bring a case before a court, the claimants and respondent may appoint experts competent in the relevant area pertaining to the litigated issue to give their professional view on certain points. Experts do not decide cases. The judge will still hand down the decision, which may be based in part on one of the expert's considered view, in addition to the relevant facts and applicable law. In an arbitration (which is only available under contract, so is not relevant in this case as TQ does not have a contract with the ip stresser company or DDoSer), parties may elect to refer disputes to arbitration. The arbitration tribunal will be composed of three appointed experts and will apply certain rules. The parties may contractually agree that the decision of the tribunal will be final and binding, however, parties may often still seek enforcement before the courts of the relevant jursidiction.

So tl;dr, you're hopelessly wrong again.
Lots of blabla only to backup my statement that the judge judges based on the expert's view.
What is reasonable or not from a technical point of view cannot be determined by a judge (unless said judge happens to have a technical background (yea likely)).






Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
I didn't submit the link as "proof" of anything other than an illustration of how people can easily access tools to DDoS gaming websites and servers. Even an IP stresser with limited bandwidth can take down a website or server which does not have DDoS protection. Please confirm with TQ what protections they have.
Irrelevant. TQ's protection is at least as good as game servers that are rented by players for a couple of $/month. And again there is no proof that IP Stresser is sufficient.
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 04-23-2015 at 02:17.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2015, 15:26   #62
Infamous~29
Registered User
 
Infamous~29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 222
Infamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~29 has a reputation beyond repute
death claw still writing essays, some things never change l0l
__________________
*****s be ruining my signature and ****, god damnit.
Infamous~29 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2015, 19:55   #63
Karyn
iR Lysa
 
Karyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dreams
Posts: 3,617
Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Jingle bells jingle bells jingle bell rock
__________________
--------------------------
Kensí - 130 Water > 130 Water > 140 Water
Katrína's kickass sidekick ^.^
Server = Colombus / Faith
Crystal player for 10 years.
--------------------------
<3 Katrina, one of my bestest friends in the world =D
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

Cyber bullying needs to stop. Now.
RIP sweet Rachel <3
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2015, 19:59   #64
XShinryuX
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 2,396
XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
Jingle bells jingle bells jingle bell rock
8 more months for that.
A bit out of seasons don't you think ?
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2015, 13:29   #65
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Yep yep:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08...t_six_lizards/

Promethean the "Laywer"
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2016, 00:30   #66
KateSmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
KateSmith is on a distinguished road
Re:

Hi, guys! I'm so thankful to you for the shared information. Should you need any writing assistance, you are welcome to follow: *
KateSmith is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2016, 01:34   #67
ahmedxmada
madamido
 
ahmedxmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 188
ahmedxmada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centora View Post
Lol TQ is the only game I've ever seen such lag and attack on servers. Many other top mmorpg's don't have this problem. Such as WoW, Guild Wars 2, swtor, just to name a few. However, those games are not my style. If you want a game that relies on quests and a story line... play those. CO would be amazing if they fixed all the lag and login issues. And also would be nice for more flexible times for EPK, TPKT, SPKT, etc.... not switching to EU server and be forced to wake up at 5am.
yeah i wake up too i hope all server changed time events
ahmedxmada is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43.


You Rated this Thread: