Old 01-08-2011, 16:37   #301
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
blind hatred has never led to anything gd before. Why would it now
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 16:43   #302
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
blind hatred has never led to anything gd before. Why would it now
What about blind love?
<3

I lub joo
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 18:21   #303
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanad View Post
No, it's Palestine not Israel.
I said i just hate the ones killing arabs, i didn't associate the others did i?
You can't prove that can you?
Hahahaa good one, a muslim believing in a god without having any evidence to support that statement requiring proof for a statement more likely to be true than the one they believe in, that's so rich.
Wayne Brady :( is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 18:23   #304
Wayne_Brady :P
Banned

Wayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Brady :( View Post
Hahahaa good one, a muslim believing in a god without having any evidence to support that statement requiring proof for a statement more likely to be true than the one they believe in, that's so rich.
Religion - faith.
Science - proof.
Wayne_Brady :P is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 18:24   #305
Ahmed.k?
Banned

Ahmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
This is no justification for hating "Jews that kill arabs in Palestine". Firstly, its Israel, not Palestine. Secondly, by hating "Jews that kill arabs", you can easily begin to associate Jews with killing arabs, hence you begin to hate all Jews even if they live on the other side of the world. Thirdly, the conflict in the Middle-East is a two way thing. For every "helpless person murdered", there is at least one suicide bomber and a dozen rockets being fired into Israeli villages.

Anyway, the joke is funny and a tad "racist" (if that's the correct word to use). Well, it brought a smile to my face.
You're right about it being Israel not all "jews" but the history of the Jews wasn't exactly something to be proud of either, so... =p

The joke wasn't racist, it was just not funny. The reason you would find more jokes about Muslims or Islam more than any other religions is, everyone's watching over Muslims in the whole world more than any others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire-demon View Post
Ahh I feel like commenting on ahmed k atm but takes to much time. midnight and I need sleep. I'll see where nordian gets this and reply to ahmeds comments later, since there where a few things I myself was botherd by quite a bit. well, tomorow. now bed.
It's going nowhere.

Quote:
Are you one of the people that believe that Mossad were behind the shark attack on Egyptian seas?

Fact is, neither side is without fault. Israelis and Palestinians have done some awful things.
Anyway, that's not what this topic was about.
Actually, I'm waiting til Israel strikes Egypt, I really am. So releasing a shark near the beaches to scare the crap out of people isn't exactly what I would expect from them, I don't expect them to do something soo kind compared to what they're doing with Palestinians atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Brady :P View Post
Religion - faith.
Science - proof.
Ahmed.k? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 18:30   #306
Jaxx..
Banned

Jaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Also, Jaxx, I don't care if you think what I believe is utter rubbish, or that I've been indoctrinated / brainwashed etc.. etc.. What annoyed me that you immediately thought less of me because I revealed I was religious. Not that I really care what you think. It was silly of me to get annoyed anyway.
Btw Jaxx, ever heard of "Skeptics in the Pub" or "The Skeptics guide to the Universe"?
Yeah heard of both. I listened to some of the podcasts of SGU which I enjoy, but I listen alot more to Brian Dunning's podcast, "skeptoid".

Also I didnt know Jame Randi Foundation was linked to SGU, thats pretty cool.

I heard "skepitcs in the pub" before but googled it again and its an event for skeptics to meet up in your local area and chat. Thought that was wonderful idea to meat people in a controlled environment and be surrounded by people with thoughts etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuu View Post
This has been bothering me for a while anyone know a comedian doing a sketch about humans and their stupidity ?
It went something like:
Humans are just hairless monkeys.
Monkeys killing each other over imaginary lines drawn on the ground.
etc etc
anymore details like if the guy/gal was English or american etc ?

Sounds funny. link me if u ever find out.
Jaxx.. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 18:39   #307
Ahmed.k?
Banned

Ahmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond reputeAhmed.k? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordrian View Post
Same for the bible, then why did you say that the Qur'an was the only book that wasn't ****ed up?
There's a difference between the following;

Writing down what god told the prophet into 1 book to save it from shattering in-case the prophet dies.

and

Writing down what god told Jesus, delete what they don't like from it, adjust it in a way to earn money, add something insensible that Jesus would never do himself.

Quote:
I didn't spend time studying or researching, I just had interests into religions and talked with people, read over the internet, thought about it.
You acted like a hardcore debater, I can do that too lol.

Quote:
I never said you disrespect me in particular, I said that you disrespect other religions, by putting their holy books lower than yours, and yet can't take a joke about your religion.
Nope, I don't. It's just the followers that upset me a little. Holy books were supposed to be the same if humans didn't interfere. And to be specific, they could have been correct as much as the Qur'an is, sounds offensive but I'm sorry it is true.

I do however think (and hope) that the 3 holy books contain the basic rules/morals, the ones you've mentioned before.

Quote:
Yes there is Christians, that's why there's so many current in Christianity? Some Christians give up on the religion, or change religion, without being threatened with capital sentence, some Christians don't follow what they are being said, but actually read the books, to make their own interpretation.
"make their own interpretation"

^ Exactly what I meant in the posts above, the only different thing is, popes or clerics (religion leaders) did it 300 years after Jesus died. And people ended up following it, thinking they're following the original bible.

Quote:
I don't see why there would be on christians if they thought by themselves, it's another form of disrespect toward Christianity.
I'm just stating my opinion that's all. You, yourself, said many Christians bailed on their religion. Does that mean they disrespect the religion too? at least I was just stating an opinion.

Quote:
I am arguing, when I argue, I have to use strong arguments in order to prove my point, I am offensive, but not aggressive, I give argument, but they are respectful of religions, in all my posts, maybe only one part could be taken as disrespectful, even though it wasn't meant that way, but w/e.
Kinda like me lol.

Quote:
That's not true, you can have the utmost respect for a religion, and yet make a joke about it, just because, well because it's funny, you respect your religion, love it, and that's why it's not disrespectful, because you don't say this joke in order to insult someone, but in order to make another person laugh.
Looks like we have our own different definitions of "respect a religion"

Either way this particular argument ends now.
Ahmed.k? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 21:39   #308
~~C~~
Banned

~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~C~~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed.k? View Post
everyone's watching over Muslims in the whole world more than any others.

Well everyone loves fireworks... (I know...was a lame joke)
~~C~~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 22:44   #309
Gh不t
Banned

Gh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond repute
A Muslim walks into his local mosque with a big grin on his face.

"What are you so happy about, Abdul?" Asks the Imam.

"Well, I'll tell you," replies Abdul. "I live by the railroad tracks and on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied to the rails, like in the American movies. I cut her free and took her back to my humble abode. Allah be praised - we made love all night, all around the tent. We did everything, me on top, sometimes her on top, every position permitted by Mohammed, Peace Be Upon Him!"

"By the most Merciful," exclaimed the Imam, "you have been blessed. Was she as beautiful as a desert flower?"

Abdul grimaced, "By the Jinn, I do not know - I never found her head."
Gh不t is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 22:46   #310
Gh不t
Banned

Gh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond reputeGh不t has a reputation beyond repute
A Russian, a Cuban, an Englishman and a Pakistani are on a train.

The Russian takes out a bottle of his best vodka, drinks a bit and throws the rest off the train and says, "There's plenty more of that where I come from."

Everyone is impressed. The Cuban takes out one of the finest Havana cigars, takes one puff and throws it off the train and says, "There's plenty more of those where I come from."

Again everyone is rather impressed. So the Englishman stands up and throws the Pakistani off the train.
Gh不t is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 22:46   #311
Wayne_Brady :P
Banned

Wayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond reputeWayne_Brady :P has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh不t View Post
A Muslim walks into his local mosque with a big grin on his face.

"What are you so happy about, Abdul?" Asks the Imam.

"Well, I'll tell you," replies Abdul. "I live by the railroad tracks and on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied to the rails, like in the American movies. I cut her free and took her back to my humble abode. Allah be praised - we made love all night, all around the tent. We did everything, me on top, sometimes her on top, every position permitted by Mohammed, Peace Be Upon Him!"

"By the most Merciful," exclaimed the Imam, "you have been blessed. Was she as beautiful as a desert flower?"

Abdul grimaced, "By the Jinn, I do not know - I never found her head."
Cool red font.

Just kidding, dumb****.
Wayne_Brady :P is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2011, 03:10   #312
Hellfire-demon
Pirate

Hellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond reputeHellfire-demon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Writing down what god told the prophet into 1 book to save it from shattering in-case the prophet dies.

and

Writing down what god told Jesus, delete what they don't like from it, adjust it in a way to earn money, add something insensible that Jesus would never do himself.

What if it was the will of god that that was changed? Not your right to call it impure, just because you don't like it. It's an opinion that it ain't right, but you don't got the right to call that impure. I see that as an insult for christians, and I'm not even a christian.

Nope, I don't. It's just the followers that upset me a little. Holy books were supposed to be the same if humans didn't interfere. And to be specific, they could have been correct as much as the Qur'an is, sounds offensive but I'm sorry it is true.

again, opinion. You think it's wrong they did that, they beleive different. not your right to call it wrong, you can just disagree with it. And atm you are placing other holy books lower then yours, wich isn;t your right too do. your like "meh, otherbooks are impure cus of something what i beleive and what you think about it is not right. I'm right and your wrong." You should respect other religions more, even if they do not follow the guidliness that you like.

I do however think (and hope) that the 3 holy books contain the basic rules/morals, the ones you've mentioned before.

^ Exactly what I meant in the posts above, the only different thing is, popes or clerics (religion leaders) did it 300 years after Jesus died. And people ended up following it, thinking they're following the original bible.

It might have changed, but again, doesn't have to be a bad thing. Again about the same as I posted in both anwsers above. Your opinion, not a wrong or right. Thats not your right to judge. And If you do, then I'll just call your religion impure for beleiving in somebody that has no prove of existing! Disrepectfull? Hell yes. But about the same your doing here.

I'm just stating my opinion that's all. You, yourself, said many Christians bailed on their religion. Does that mean they disrespect the religion too? at least I was just stating an opinion.

Disrepectfull is disrepectfull. I think teh joke is hella funny, and mulsims suck (I don't bean it, just an bad example), thats just an opinion, a disrespectfull one. And I think you have been way to disrespectfull too other religions and your pissing me off. And I'm not even religous lmao.

Kinda like me lol.

In other words your so bound to your religion, that most things other then in your own religion is wrong, ad everybody saying something wrong about that is disrepectfull and wrong too, when you never are. And thats exactlly what I don't like about allot of muslims. Not all, by far, but too many.

Also if I remember right, you said a few times "I don't care what other people think about my opinion" am I right? or did I misread that somewhere. This also connects to what I said before, you simplly don't care.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:51   #313
nordrian
profb#35

nordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

and

I wonder where you saw that anything was deleted.
Even if anything was deleted, the message is still there, as long as you can read it.
You BELIEVE everything was written down into 1 book, your religion is also based on the Jewish holy book, just like the bible, the Qur'an is an update of it, and I could perfectly said "your book isn't as pure as the bible, since Jesus was the last prophet, so Muhammad was wrong", but since I respect other religions, I wont, you don't show the same respect.

Then get to work?

I don't consider the Qur'an to be correct, as hellfire stated, it's only your opinion, and a utter disrespect for other religions to say that they are wrong, you can believe in God in your own personal way, but you can't go and tell others that they are wrong, unless you consider that you know God's ways?

It all depends of the interpretation, as far as I know, there's multiple readings for every book.

What about the Imam, aren't they supposed to read and interpret the books for their followers? We got 1 religious leader(for Catholics, protestants don't), you've got 100, who disagree with each other, is that any better?

You said there would be no Christians if they thought by themselves, it is a form of disrespect, proof is, I think by myself, I know a lot about other religions, a lot about mine, I thought about religions a lot, I had my times of doubt, and end up being a Christian, all that made my faith stronger, you are incapable to do so, because you refuse to reconsider your opinion, to think "what if I was wrong?", questioning yourself doesn't mean you disrespect your religion, saying that if you do so, you will end up changing your religion is a form of disrespect.

Kinda like me lol.

It is not in my habits to let someone end an argument that way without having answered.
Again, all that because a joke was made, and yet, you show less tolerant than those who made the joke, a joke is supposed to be funny, but you call it disrespect, you go and say that other religions are wrong, based on nothing, and you don't consider it as being disrespectful, this is hypocritical.

I will get less upset by someone who jokes about Christians, than by someone who calls the bible bull****. Someone can say "well, I don't believe in the bible, I don't think it's right", I will respect his opinion, after all, I am not God to go and judge people's opinion, but someone saying "your book is impure, and is wrong", that's disrespectful.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:00   #314
nordrian
profb#35

nordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx.. View Post
I can sure you 99% of all Christians do this, doesnt the bible say stone people if they work on a sunday?
I doubt it does, I would say it's the old testament, the part shared with Jewish, but Jesus said "May he who never sinned throw the first stone", and on another part of the bible, some people are about to stone a woman for being a witch, Jesus steps in and say something like "Only God can be judge of his creation", protecting the woman, and telling her that if she goes and repent, God would forgive her for any wrong thing she might have done.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15   #315
petr08
Banned

petr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond repute
22 pages cuz of a joke bout religionIt's just a joke!
petr08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: