Old 01-08-2019, 04:28   #1
Etienne1
Bound User

Etienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond repute
Put additional Login Security in the game.

Put like a Mobile Authenticator or something like that, just like from Steam that if when you login, it'll require a random code which you can only get from your phone.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:27   #2
Viceroy

Viceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond reputeViceroy has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yeah that'll be fun. Disconnect before tpk and you have a minute to login. Then you have to wait for a security code to be sent from TQ to your phone. I'll see you online in another two days
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 10:07   #3
Etienne1
Bound User

Etienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Oh yeah that'll be fun. Disconnect before tpk and you have a minute to login. Then you have to wait for a security code to be sent from TQ to your phone. I'll see you online in another two days
Well, they can still program the code to last for 30 minutes, like once you've entered a code and when you disconnect, you can login straight away, you won't need to put another code for 30 minutes.

Last edited by Etienne1; 01-08-2019 at 10:09.
Etienne1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 10:56   #4
SexyAnimalGirl

SexyAnimalGirl is on a distinguished road
TQ knows how to program? On a serious note, good idea but yall know they dont give a **** to take a suggestion on this forum lol.

Last edited by SexyAnimalGirl; 01-08-2019 at 10:58.
SexyAnimalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 11:16   #5
Locky
Boogey

Locky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond repute
It's a pretty good idea. But do send this as a suggestion per mail and not through these forums or the helpdesk.
Old 01-08-2019, 13:10   #6
HitIt!

HitIt! is on a distinguished road
I already see the drama.
TQ sending the codes to the wrong phone numbers

Good idea though but won’t work for a company like TQ.
HitIt! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 18:40   #7
chuchu

chuchu is on a distinguished road
they need to do something. someone was logging my accounts and changing the passwords. after changing one it wasnt 10 mins and someone was on my archer. i redid my pc installed norton and reinstalled co, norton found a trojan.gen.npe.2 in the conquer download
chuchu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 20:36   #8
scoobysnacked
Refreshe

scoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond reputescoobysnacked has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to scoobysnacked
In the installer? Downloaded from the tq website? That's not good..

Full Support Water 350 + BP 198 immunity 58 K hp.

My Little Hitter!
Dragonwarrior-x3 130-130-135-Duke.
still a work in progress

and three other accounts that are currently noobish
scoobysnacked is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 22:04   #9
*Bushwacker*

*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute
Similar thing happened to my char and another char on my server.
TQ said Hacker was able to change my accounts e-mail and password, I was kicked from game Monday morning. I logged my ninja because I could not log my main. Kept getting Password Invalid error. My main char logged in within 15 -20 min , not me and I whispered who was on account and they dcd it. Tried to file Hack case on TQ site, got error password invalid with account ID.
I'm like WTF.... Could not log into VIP , file hack case on Support site or anything because my e-mail for my account was changed by the hacker and did not match my Account ID.
Had do send an e-mail directly to company on this issue.
Serious stuff happening in game. No one has ever had my account info, login etc. My account is over 15 years old and I have no idea what the security info was since I never needed it since I had created it. No idea how the hacker could get that info in the event it was needed to change my e-mail account for my char.

GM's working on it now and hopefully be back in action soon...***8230;
3 people on my server had same thing happen within the last 4-5 days.

Last edited by *Bushwacker*; 01-08-2019 at 22:06.
*Bushwacker* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 23:32   #10
Etienne1
Bound User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bushwacker* View Post
Similar thing happened to my char and another char on my server.
TQ said Hacker was able to change my accounts e-mail and password, I was kicked from game Monday morning. I logged my ninja because I could not log my main. Kept getting Password Invalid error. My main char logged in within 15 -20 min , not me and I whispered who was on account and they dcd it. Tried to file Hack case on TQ site, got error password invalid with account ID.
I'm like WTF.... Could not log into VIP , file hack case on Support site or anything because my e-mail for my account was changed by the hacker and did not match my Account ID.
Had do send an e-mail directly to company on this issue.
Serious stuff happening in game. No one has ever had my account info, login etc. My account is over 15 years old and I have no idea what the security info was since I never needed it since I had created it. No idea how the hacker could get that info in the event it was needed to change my e-mail account for my char.

GM's working on it now and hopefully be back in action soon...***8230;
3 people on my server had same thing happen within the last 4-5 days.
Same thing happened to a friend of mine too and worst part is, he was away when all the hackings happened.

One theory and could be the worst one, A possible DATA Leak. since its happening to many old accounts and yeah, the rich ones.

Last edited by Etienne1; 01-08-2019 at 23:40.
Etienne1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2019, 08:16   #11
noobie.com

noobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond repute
I was not going to comment here since my chr it seems may be also compromised yet I just want to state this here since it is a real big issue and I usually do not comment on this stuff since its always speculation and only TQ knows the facts and they will never tell anyone what really happened.

For those that never shared account info (I do not fall into that class so I am straight up when asked that) it brings into the issue the issue noted of a data leak that is somehow happening either by TQ site and files or by login screen etc. Anyway for those that are current in game you are still not safe like you thought you were just by trying to slow this down by setting up WH passwords. It seems TQ will reset a new email to a hacker thus allowing the hacker to have a legit email to your character and locking out the original owner from the account and support options. That is what TQ did to Bushwacker. They gave the hacker a new email for that account. Luckily this was an active player and having ways to contact GM's other then the actual site a temp ban was performed. Yet there were still losses since the hacker was able to unlock the locked WH password in a couple minutes thru TQ's WH security question stuff and password reset. Since TQ gave the hacker the new email for that account the hacker was now the original owner, had a new legit email attached to the character they just hacked and they were able to log in and receive TQ's email responses, etc. - Enough time to do major harm in minutes.

I have no idea how TQ can just process a new email request for the hacker without serious and clear owner verification, purchase history data and other high end security questions only the creator of the account would know yet they are able to. And by doing that it bypasses most of TQ's security for the character since most all changes get sent for verification or use to the registered email TQ uses which TQ just handed out to the hacker by issuing the hacker a brand new verified email for the account.

This also opens up the bigger questions - DATA LEAK since I know for a fact only TQ and Bushwacker had login info to that chr. FOR A FACT unlike me where I can say I have a crew that has/had access. Now the issue is how to stop TQ from just allowing hackers to change the emails to the email the hacker wants to use.

Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby

Last edited by noobie.com; 01-09-2019 at 08:41.
noobie.com is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2019, 08:44   #12
*Bushwacker*

*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute
Update.

Still not sure how the hacker was able to get my account information or able to change my e-mail associated with my account. TQ always comes back and copy and paste's the rules section of the Game, basically no sharing.

I have never shared my account , ID , Password or anything with my character.

Hacker had all my gears unlocked, a frozen fantasy unlocked and took all my unbound cps and unbound db scrolls.

The hacker also had added himself to my trade partner list.

Good thing I had TQ temporarily ban my char as soon as I noticed this, basically within a few hours of being disconnected from game and unable to log into my account or change anything because they had changed my e-mail account associated with my account.

Anyway GM's and TQ returned most of my stuff. From what I can see I only lost my unbound db scrolls. TQ was even nice enough to return my unbound cps which occurred in game while I was playing by a box that appeared on lower left of my screen indicating I had returned items or something.

Not sure how to prevent this in the future since I have never shared my account or its info with anyone over the 15 years or so I have been playing.
Just glad TQ helped out so quickly in this. Hope everyone else that gets hacked by this guy gets the same good results I got.

I will also not go to the event pages where you gain rewards for purchasing CPs etc. This is the only time the game makes me put my account and ID in other than support and VIP area. This is the only thing I can think of where I would have been at risk and I always entered the event page from TQ's site.

Last edited by *Bushwacker*; 01-12-2019 at 08:47.
*Bushwacker* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: