Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 11:45   #16
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev|L View Post
I done that last night >
Welcome to the club

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2009, 17:37   #17
FallenPrime

FallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond reputeFallenPrime has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
I'm not that stupid but seriously I don't know what happened one day I came back from playing Brawl with some friends, turn on the computer but the boot screen would suddenly mutate into a blue screen and restart the computer I'm like WTF o_O the cycle never ended it would always do the same so I tried recovery console to try and fix the boot files, could login and enjoy my laptop again, few days later its time to restart it but suddenly I would get "Cannot find boot record. press any key to continue", go back to recovery console mess with it again keep getting the message, decide to back up everything using parted magic live cuz I wanted to format but it would say Disk C: 0% used disk is empty or corrupted *eye twitch twitch twitch* ...............................*long sad disturbing silence while my eye keeps twitching*........................................ ... desperately go find my old ubuntu 7.10 live installer CD to see if it can find my disk but not even ubuntu live would find it D: tried everything but ended up formatting D:

It was sad... really sad of all that 500gb I had of anime I probably only watched 300gb~ I blame everything on recovery console!! I decided never to mess with it again.
I like to use a linux distro called Knoppix for recovery, I have an ancient copy... but it works amazingly.

I pop in the disk and it boots from it, then I save all my stuff to a flash drive and reformat with windows again. =) Hopefully you never lose your stuff again =)

Gears:
Elite -3 +5 2SDG Veil
Super -3 +5 2SDG Necky
Super -3 +6 1SDG H.Ring
Super -5 +6 1SDG Vest
Super -5 +5 2SDG Boots
Super -5 +5 2SDG Katana x 2
Super -1 +5 1RTG Fan
Super -1 +5 2RGG Tower
Garmy -1
Gourd
Nobility - Baron, soon to be Earl

Eliminate Auto-Level Thread:
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=639080

Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.
FallenPrime is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15   #18
DarkRage
StealthMod

DarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond repute
lol himie, all you had to do was run fixboot from recovery. That usually sorts it ok.

Windows XP/Vista/7 have a lot of duff services running. Theeldergeek.com has a useful guide to what they all do in XP and Vista/7 aren't too much different.

In this life you can hate/love. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you're at peace with yourself morally.

By overdose to Stellios:

and how is it going with the nose, Pinocchio? Has it explored any new universes yet?

By Shifter:

A Fire's essence is the anger that burns in a Trojan when he runs out of pots and flees like a MOFO to get more...

EX-MOD OF COMMUNITY, TORNADO, TIGER & DARK
REGIONAL MOD OF CONSTELLATIONS
DarkRage is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2009, 22:51   #19
Neplayscooppy

Neplayscooppy is on a distinguished road
How to get rid of s

for some reason I get a very low FPS. It isnt down to poor hardware nor is it down to poor internet my brother does not get the problem. The only difference is that hes on XP and Im on Win7. How can I raise my FPS? Ive tried Gamebooster and turning off Aero.
Neplayscooppy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2009, 15:33   #20
asd_541

asd_541 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info and program
asd_541 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45   #21
Michael_vx

Michael_vx is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this program i will test it i hope it work so good because the game also to slow here on my network
Michael_vx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23   #22
Linxx
Lin Wang

Linxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
I'm not that stupid but seriously I don't know what happened one day I came back from playing Brawl with some friends, turn on the computer but the boot screen would suddenly mutate into a blue screen and restart the computer I'm like WTF o_O the cycle never ended it would always do the same so I tried recovery console to try and fix the boot files, could login and enjoy my laptop again, few days later its time to restart it but suddenly I would get "Cannot find boot record. press any key to continue", go back to recovery console mess with it again keep getting the message, decide to back up everything using parted magic live cuz I wanted to format but it would say Disk C: 0% used disk is empty or corrupted *eye twitch twitch twitch* ...............................*long sad disturbing silence while my eye keeps twitching*........................................ ... desperately go find my old ubuntu 7.10 live installer CD to see if it can find my disk but not even ubuntu live would find it D: tried everything but ended up formatting D:

It was sad... really sad of all that 500gb I had of anime I probably only watched 300gb~ I blame everything on recovery console!! I decided never to mess with it again.
For the future.. if you ever have to format again, install the smallest operating system you've got and use any data recovery program (reads data off hard drive not from it's FAT table)... the scanning takes long, but you should be able to recover most of data.

PS: Thnx for "How to become a computer expert" guide

Last edited by Linxx; 10-21-2009 at 11:27.
Linxx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26   #23
CheaChea

CheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond reputeCheaChea has a reputation beyond repute
How can I figure what's my ping and fps? What is average?
CheaChea is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2010, 03:04   #24
djinnwolf
Clubber

djinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond reputedjinnwolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by isti37 View Post
These days I searched for a method to improve the performance of Windows 7 and I tripped over on Game Booster. It's a free software developed by IObit.
After I tried it I can say that it really improves the performance if you got an old windows installation and you are lazy to delete all useless crap running in the backround or you got Windows Vista or Windows 7 which has useless crap from the start. Game Booster will close them and re-open them with just one click. A friend could save almost 649 mb of ram with it. I saved only 117 on Windows 7 but it worths it.
(If you got only 1 gb or 512 mb of ram probabilly this is a blessing for you)

It's working on Windows 2000,Windows Xp,Windows Vista and Windows 7. I recommend it especially for Windows Vista and 7.

You can download it and get more info on the official website :
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I hope I helped some of you to get a smoother gameplay.
You can ask questions here...
But I think that even the dumbest of the dum dum salad can understand it.

GL & HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslickman26 View Post
Im using Vista with the Game Booster, plus I went into Control Panel \ System and Maintenance \ Performance Information and Tools, to adjust visual effects for the best performance of vista, then changed power settings and that has seemed to make a big difference for me. I can stay logged in alot longer than when this leak first started 4-8 hrs. Now I'm in from maint. to maint. Hope I gave useful info, otherwise disregard. I forgot to mention I am using a memory optimizer also. Its nothing special just something I found on Download.com
Thx to both, especially the 2nd tips for laptops, it does a huge diference.

Anyone got problems of scratching or freezing since the arrival of artefact? Is there any solution for it?

Well, be fair and don't blame anyone who is as fair as you are...

Just because I sucked in PVP, it does not mean that you don't use bots!

djinnwolf : trojan 131 - warior 132 - caveman 136
rogue: ninja 130 - warior 130 - water 137
willows: ninja 130 - 131 - 137
glory server
djinnwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2011, 02:21   #25
Kanux

Kanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond reputeKanux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neplayscooppy View Post
for some reason I get a very low FPS. It isnt down to poor hardware nor is it down to poor internet my brother does not get the problem. The only difference is that hes on XP and Im on Win7. How can I raise my FPS? Ive tried Gamebooster and turning off Aero.
I think I had the exact same problem as you.
On my old trashy desktop PC 4 years ago, I had no problem with FPS.
Now on my laptop (Windows 7), hardware is much better and stuff I get FPS lag when I jump into a large spawn (FPS drops to like 0-2).

Even with gamebooster it was still terrible. Only difference gamebooster made was the FPS in empty maps, was up by about 10 FPS.

Got it fixed now.
Go to your CO and right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode"

This fixed all my FPS issues and I got no problem with screen lag.
Kanux is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2011, 02:25   #26
anath
hedonist

anath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond reputeanath has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to anath
I use the older version of Game Booster and keep running all the time.
Smart Ram can sometimes come in handy. So can rebooting your computer before opening the client and running ccleaner on bootup.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:37   #27
kingrum2

kingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond reputekingrum2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
These days I searched for a method to improve the performance of Windows 7 and I tripped over on Game Booster. It's a free software developed by IObit.
After I tried it I can say that it really improves the performance if you got an old windows installation and you are lazy to delete all useless crap running in the backround or you got Windows Vista or Windows 7 which has useless crap from the start. Game Booster will close them and re-open them with just one click. A friend could save almost 649 mb of ram with it. I saved only 117 on Windows 7 but it worths it.

It's working on Windows 2000,Windows Xp,Windows Vista and Windows 7. I recommend it especially for Windows Vista and 7.

GL & HF
Speed up your computer and lag issues please shut off limewire/frostwire shut off bit torrent. and if you have windows vista and 7 shut off Aero make it Windows Standard and if you want to fee up a few resources and take some load off the GPU put your performance setting to best performance makes it look like windows 98.

Server Saturn (Retired)
~Renegade_Evo~ $lacker$ DL/Member

~Renegade_Evo~ water-troj-troj 110-130-127
-evo- water-fire 110-122
kingrum warrior-warrior 121-61

F
(_)
C
K

You all.

..!.. {;..;} ..!..
kingrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24   #28
KrAzY
Infamous K

KrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond reputeKrAzY has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

GL & HF
If ya have to use this on windows 7 then your computer is garbage to begin with. Who in there right mind runs windows 7 with only 512mb or 1 gig of ram ? They don't need gamebooster they need a brain first then a new non fossil of a computer lol. Windows 7 isn't designed to run on that low of ram to begin with if ya want high fps then get more ram and a better gfx card and a better computer period.
Were talking about TQ Conquer here a 20 year old technology 16 bit game that even a damn voodoo3 gfx card from 20 years ago will run it and you can't get the capped 40 fps and low on resources? Super Nintendo had 16 bit gfx back in the 80's and you need a booster to play conquer? ROFL!! Hell 1 of my 6 year old laptops with onboard gfx card nothing fancy still gets 40fps on conquer and doesn't have any resource issues doing it either.

Any decent pc now days running windows 7 uses x64 and usually 4 gigs of ram standard and 8-16 gigs when upgraded and you won't need to complain about performance. You need to stop worrying about performance boosters and start worrying about buying a new pc because if you can't run conquer of all games in the world and hit a lousy capped 40 fps you have bigger issues then just needing a booster lol and that goes for ANY Operating System not just windows 7.

"The only thing necessary for the Triumph of evil is for good men and women to do nothing!!"
KrAzY is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2011, 03:13   #29
Dr.Trojan

Dr.Trojan is on a distinguished road
I used that . Very useful
Dr.Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2011, 03:14   #30
Dr.Trojan

Dr.Trojan is on a distinguished road
I used that. That's very usefull for me
Dr.Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread