View Poll Results: Did Egyptians affect your decision to stop playing CO?
Yes, the abundence of them made the game almost unplayable without learning arabic. 38 24.05%
They certainly ruined most servers, but there were larger factors that led to me quitting. 28 17.72%
I still currently play but cannot stand them and miss pre-egyptian CO. 64 40.51%
I quit playing before the egyptian invasion. 8 5.06%
The game has become more fun since the influx of egyptians. 20 12.66%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 13:18   #61
Radna
I am Drugs

Radna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nandarie~ View Post
there really is no point to learning arabic. only countries that win wars have languages that should be learned. lets face it, muslims are terrible at fighting. all they do is get their planes shot down, heads shot off and cities firebombed into scorched earth. their only real weapon is blowing themselves up, which is really counterproductive in terms of warfare.

they're also really good at making nonsense videos with flags in the background and ak-47s that they are barely intelligent enough to use.
You are a credit to humans everywhere.
"Oh, I'm not a percussionist, I just like to hit things." Tom Waits
"I entered these novelty rooms to go changed after swimming and was confronted by a lizard that I subdue have confidence in would contain filled a shoe box."
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Old 04-17-2010, 15:37   #62
SE7ENr
I'm Back

SE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond reputeSE7ENr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nandarie~ View Post
there really is no point to learning arabic. only countries that win wars have languages that should be learned. lets face it, muslims are terrible at fighting. all they do is get their planes shot down, heads shot off and cities firebombed into scorched earth. their only real weapon is blowing themselves up, which is really counterproductive in terms of warfare.

they're also really good at making nonsense videos with flags in the background and ak-47s that they are barely intelligent enough to use.
lolz
Super +12 2STG Ears p6 -7
Super +7 2STG Neck -3
Super +12 2STG Spear -5
Super +8 2STG Robe p6 -5
Super +7 2SDG Ring -5
Super +7 2STG Boots -5
Super +7 2STG Fan -1
Super +7 2SGG Tower -1
Super +7 Crop -1
Steed +7

/INCOMPLETE
Old 04-17-2010, 15:53   #63
ImNotEgy
C(O.O)D

ImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond reputeImNotEgy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorax View Post
By the way, is there a way to see the Arabic text with the English CO client? I heard Arabic isn't that hard to learn, and any possibility of communicating with the other half of the server would be kind of nice.
I actually find it easier to just keep the ASCII. Because after playing 4 half years you kinda know what they are saying. But if get the Arabic font installed. i would be completely lost on what they are saying.
Old 04-17-2010, 17:51   #64
Bud Light
Banned

Bud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond reputeBud Light has a reputation beyond repute
For all the ppl who don't know yet : Hemp is Egy (yea, for real)
Old 04-17-2010, 18:08   #65
Sepharius
Nuisance

Sepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't be assed quoting the statement on the first page, which I mostly agree with but heres a few things I've experienced:

1. Egyptians bot.
2. I found out the meaning of "******" or w.e it is when I became friends with one in the early days, he called me all kinds of **** without me realising :/
3. 70% of the time when someone attempted to scam me, they were egyptian.
4. I remember asking one if they were my friends main account, they replied with a lot of abuse towards America, despite me being Welsh. Oh, my mother was dragged into it too :/
5. Most egyptians bot, but so do others so meh

The above made me hate them a little, but what made me hate them the most is when I was minding my own business, scattering at BI when I killed a flasher...
I continued, only to get pked by him, which was fair enough, so I continued, three kills later he didn't give up as well as throwing verbal abuse at me such as "noop" and "kosomak" when I had yet to say anything...
Logged off because I cba, logged on next day to find myself KOS by a few bulkers...
Now you tell me they think its just a game :/

Note: I did PK a lot but only on my fire, my arch was nooby then and no one really knew it.

Last edited by Deveno; 04-19-2010 at 01:00.
Old 04-17-2010, 19:44   #66
Radna
I am Drugs

Radna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharius View Post
Couldn't be assed quoting the statement on the first page, which I mostly agree with but heres a few things I've experienced:

1. Egyptians bot.
2. I found out the meaning of "k*****" or w.e it is when I became friends with one in the early days, he called me all kinds of **** without me realising :/
3. 70% of the time when someone attempted to scam me, they were egyptian.
4. I remember asking one if they were my friends main account, they replied with a lot of abuse towards America, despite me being Welsh. Oh, my mother was dragged into it too :/
5. Most egyptians bot, but so do others so meh

The above made me hate them a little, but what made me hate them the most is when I was minding my own business, scattering at BI when I killed a flasher...
I continued, only to get pked by him, which was fair enough, so I continued, three kills later he didn't give up as well as throwing verbal abuse at me such as "noop" and "kosomak" when I had yet to say anything...
Logged off because I cba, logged on next day to find myself KOS by a few bulkers...
Now you tell me they think its just a game :/

Note: I did PK a lot but only on my fire, my arch was nooby then and no one really knew it.
Video games are serious business. At least to some people.
"I entered these novelty rooms to go changed after swimming and was confronted by a lizard that I subdue have confidence in would contain filled a shoe box."

Last edited by Deveno; 04-21-2010 at 07:28.
Old 04-17-2010, 19:49   #67
Fa1nT1
UberPrinny

Fa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond repute
CO is Egypt's national video game.

Sort of like Starcraft for koreans.
Old 04-17-2010, 21:04   #68
Radna
I am Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa1nT1 View Post
CO is Egypt's national video game.

Sort of like Starcraft for koreans.
Is Diablo for Americans then lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 21:10   #69
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Can't believe people are whining about Egys.

People have been begging for PK fodder, TQ sends us Egys and you still complain.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:53   #70
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is not egys joining en-masse, the problem is english-speakers leaving en-masse.

If we had the brisk growth of pre-lottery CO, we would have a good balance of egy and english-speakers.

Guess what screwed that balance up.....

Last edited by Deveno; 04-21-2010 at 07:29.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07   #71
Thechosenone
Banned

Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
Egys never invaded our server so I don't have to deal with em and good luck if they did because we have plenty of english speaking Max BP people who stay on one side for gw. But they are just taking the place of all the people who came before. Its like how Turks basically took over Knights Online (KOL) because english speaking players all quit. I still play (not really) and would still play if they took over, because in my opinion it gives me someone to pk. But if they were cool I wouldn't mind. And you have to realize Egys didn't **** this game up, TQ did.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54   #72
Buddah*Palm
RubMyBelly

Buddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, just wow. I must say that I've heard and agree with both sides of the arguments presented on both sides of the spectrum.

For those of you against the influx of Egyptian players your reasons were:

1. Communication issues. (They don't speak your language well)
2. Botting issues
3. Scamming issues (The "bait-and-switch")
4. Spam-related (be it on "World Chat" or the [Trade] button
5. There's too many of them

For those that were for the influx of Egyptian players your main reason were:

1. Many of the English speaking players have left your sever(s)
2. Egyptians don't start ****
3. They increased the prospect of PvP (when they call friends over, the more the merrier)
4. They have their own [in-game] culture (Our [in-game] culture is based on respect - theirs on friendship)
5. They're just trying to enjoy the game as much us.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Now when you take it in perspective, you'll see that many of the problems that you thought were there are only superficial. For example, when was the last time you saw an Egyptian screaming on World Chat that their friend hacked their account? The majority of those hack related issues that I've personally witnessed were between English speakers (American/European) who decided to share their equipment with their "friends."

Another example, is when you look at the spam that occurs of World Chat. If it's not the broken English of Egyptian sellers that you see, it's most likely the whiny *****ing of some American/European player who just lost at PvP or something.

I am not going to go into minute detail about everything listed above, you can extrapolate that list and interpret it any way you see fit.However, overall, the main issue that seems to be the pressing one is that of communication. I think that playing a game that doesn't allow for you to understand those around you is indeed a dysfunction of the game itself. I'm pretty sure they can install some form of auto-translate into the system (even at its rudimentary form, it would be effective in some way).

There was more that I wanted to say but I lost my train of thought (but you get the gist)

Accounts:
xero-nin : 120 (trojan) - 120 (trojan) BANNED [Unjustly IMO]
Buddah: 110 (water) - 127 (warrior) - 130 (trojan) Active
Dark: 126 (archer) - 48 (trojan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Of course a newbie like you wouldn't be able to get an original simple name like Buddha, you would have to at least be playing the game for 3 years, not 1 or 2 like yourself.
Lmfao! learn to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
This is funny. I have a wannabe. Does that mean I'm famous?
Far from it brah.
Old 04-18-2010, 15:12   #73
ForumAcc

ForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detergent View Post
Can't believe people are whining about Egys.

People have been begging for PK fodder, TQ sends us Egys and you still complain.
what server do you play on? the only full +12s on my server are egys, and the rest of them seem to bulking too. alont with the fact they fight in a swarm. the top 10 bp players on my server are egys its probably more like the top 20 bp players actually
Old 04-18-2010, 15:22   #74
Detergent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumAcc View Post
what server do you play on? the only full +12s on my server are egys, and the rest of them seem to bulking too. alont with the fact they fight in a swarm. the top 10 bp players on my server are egys its probably more like the top 20 bp players actually
That's TQ's fault.

Back in the day, a full 2-soc +6 player could die to a full 1-soc +4 player in 4 hits max.

If we had full +12 egys back then it would be fun to pwn them because they couldnt fb for ****.
Old 04-18-2010, 18:09   #75
Buddah*Palm
RubMyBelly

Buddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detergent View Post
That's TQ's fault.

Back in the day, a full 2-soc +6 player could die to a full 1-soc +4 player in 4 hits max.

If we had full +12 egys back then it would be fun to pwn them because they couldnt fb for ****.
Their bots can though ._.

Accounts:
xero-nin : 120 (trojan) - 120 (trojan) BANNED [Unjustly IMO]
Buddah: 110 (water) - 127 (warrior) - 130 (trojan) Active
Dark: 126 (archer) - 48 (trojan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Of course a newbie like you wouldn't be able to get an original simple name like Buddha, you would have to at least be playing the game for 3 years, not 1 or 2 like yourself.
Lmfao! learn to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
This is funny. I have a wannabe. Does that mean I'm famous?
Far from it brah.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: