Old 04-14-2019, 08:11   #1
-Kirito

-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute-Kirito has a reputation beyond repute
This game is dead and is in need of some server merges

I've been playing on an the EU server for a little while now and it has masked the underling disease that plagues this game over on the NA servers.

Last night I logged onto Babyicey, the very first server I had ever played CO on (well, it was actually arbiter but TQ decided to merge arbiter years ago). I wanted to see if any of those old timers who have a hard time letting go still played there. To my discovery they don't. In fact no one does, this server is a ghost a town.

Columbus, the NA region locked server, has more people playing on it than Babyicey at the moment, which is sad since Columbus always had that reputation of not being an active server for just about the entirety of its existence.

I then logged out of Babyicey and started server hopping. I discovered every other NA server was pretty much identical. These servers are dead.

Years ago, before TQ implemented this server transfer crap, TQ had no problem merging servers. Lots of them, to combat the ever growing dead servers. Quite like the servers nowadays.

Maybe, TQ is in denial. They don't believe their bread and butter, CO, is dying. They don't want to start merging servers because then they'll have to admit that their game is no longer popular. And if they do happen to merge servers I think they'd have to compress it to about 4 or 5. I doubt TQ wants to face that reality. Makes me think of maple story, and how lively that was. Nowadays those servers are dead..

Maybe TQ doesn't want to merge these dead servers because of the transfer fee. TQ wants to keep servers separated for the cost to transfer to them, more servers mean more places to transfer, which i think has gone up right? However, if there's no one on a server, and the server's a complete ghost town not a lot of players are going to transfer to it.

Conquer is dead.
-Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2019, 09:24   #2
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Kirito,

Unfortunately what you say has been true for years. TQ discovered that there was more money to make in opening new servers and letting bulkers go wild competing for control, then after 6-12 months, merging the server with another new server in further competition for survival-of-the-bulkiest. None of the old servers have been merged in years, as these are only useful for serving-hopping guilds to establish control for SGW or similar events, only to leave for something more exciting thereafter.

P
Old 04-14-2019, 12:44   #3
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to trunks006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Kirito,

Unfortunately what you say has been true for years. TQ discovered that there was more money to make in opening new servers and letting bulkers go wild competing for control, then after 6-12 months, merging the server with another new server in further competition for survival-of-the-bulkiest. None of the old servers have been merged in years, as these are only useful for serving-hopping guilds to establish control for SGW or similar events, only to leave for something more exciting thereafter.

P
Honestly that's pretty smart if I'm being honest

[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what colour is your nipples?[21:54]
[Friend]Taggerung speaks to Taunt: wow.[21:55]
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what u got saggy ones[21:55]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
trunks006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-15-2019, 04:57   #4
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Honestly that's pretty smart if I'm being honest
Well at least there's an endgame for all of us. *points to your signature block*
Old 04-15-2019, 07:44   #5
Octavia

Octavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond repute
Just look at all the gameplay p2w bullshit they have kept shitting out. Perfection, runes, anima, etc.
They just keep adding more and more and more garbage to keep bulkers to keep blowing money on their dead game.
Octavia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-15-2019, 08:04   #6
DIRTY~XII
KylinGem+9

DIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTY~XII has a reputation beyond repute
The game still serves some purpose.....

Like laundering drug money.

Former Server/s: Server 3(2003-2016)>Scorpio(2016)>Honor(2016)>Kylin>Scentsword (18hr stay 2016)>Aquarius(2016)>Scorpio(2016)>TwilightDance (2017)>Kylin(2017)>Titan(2018)>Kylin(2019)

Current Server: ~Kylin~
Royal Guild Leader
Active: 2003-2019 (MAKE ME AN OFFER-PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY)
DIRTY~XII is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-15-2019, 10:06   #7
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah games been dead on US servers. The occasional war comes up but it's just dead. TQ is too dumb in their profit making to make a decent game w/ good player base rather than just milking players. Look at runescape that game is thriving and its combat system is way worse than co. The problem with co is they focused too much on the p2w aspect and not enough on people playing. They should have stopped making new servers years ago and just add a noob server (not going to post details it's somewhere in my post history if you're interested) but the tldr of that is they level up there for 1-2 years (better drop rates chi etc so they will be ready for real servers) and then get a free transfer to any server they want.

They won't do that though, because people are ****ing idiots and compete for 100k cps (maybe they spend a little less in the end) but not too much and they keep farming over and over again doing the same thing and then selling the cps on the black market but tq doesn't care because they make a profit from this system. Sooooooo yeah games dead, I gave up on it earlier this year when barrier came out I know they finally released a counter for that but that shouldn't have been introduced in the first place.

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: