Old 05-09-2010, 13:28   #1
SaoriOx
Scatter...

SaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SaoriOx
xxx-xxx-water? (not a pk char)

Well, i've never really played this game but have watched my gf playing a few years ago. anyhow, i'm been playing for about a month now and is starting to get the hang of it.

I LOVE waters and no matter what people say about waters being weak, i think that's gonna be my mean account. I'm gonna have a full dual sock sdg for pking, archer for hunting, but this water... is gonna be my main account just to hang out with people.

As strange as it sounds, i don't really like having a char with the 2rb glow around me. I like it on other people, but i think it's gonna be annoying if it's on my own char. can i choose to turn it off on my screen? (i always felt that it's impossible to pk aka jump and etc if i have the glow around me. it's just so distracting)

so, i'm not too sure about 2nd rb since pking enemies won't be a top priority on this char. however i do need to be able to defend myself and my friends on the spot if a pker comes up. My ss is ok but fb is much more to my taste, so i'm prolly gonna use spear with an optional bs for simple ss'ing.
blades and swords on my ninja when pking for real (who gives a damn about katana, they have no weapon skills lol).

Oh, btw, i'd LOVE to be able to defend/survive in gws to rev as many guildies as possible. so I might get in a few turtles and blesses.

So, what should be the rbing options? like, should i just rb at 110/120 or should I go for higher? and what classes should my char be?

Maybe i'm just going to wait until pure classes come out.

again, pking is not the main goal of this char. but defending myself and teammates is very important.
SaoriOx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2010, 18:51   #2
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
go 130-130-130 or u will regret it later.

probly best to have xx-warrior - water so u get reflect.

i personally use a spear + blade (on alternate equips) - i can swap back and forth as much as i like easily its great. lol

go for 2k mana and the rest in HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMind View Post
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
IluminatI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2010, 21:12   #3
SaoriOx
Scatter...

SaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud ofSaoriOx has much to be proud of
what the approx activation rate for reflect? and when it goes off, do you still take damage or is it really "reflected"?
Old 05-09-2010, 21:21   #4
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaoriOx View Post
what the approx activation rate for reflect? and when it goes off, do you still take damage or is it really "reflected"?
no idea about actually rate lol.
33 pct? lol. not sure.

but when sum1 hits your and it activates - you take zero damage. they take up to 1,700 damage. (if they hit eg: 1234 on you, they get hit 1234, but if they hit 1700 and above, they ge hit 1700, its capped. )
Quote:
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
Old 05-09-2010, 23:18   #5
Lancet

Lancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond reputeLancet has a reputation beyond repute
Make a tro-war-water (cause of cyclone and reflect) or ninja-war-water (cause of fog (it can be very usefull in quest too, not only pvp) and reflect).

Or make a pure water, and hope that the pure skill for waters will worth it.

130-130-130 only!
Lancet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42   #6
Eurochic
GlobalMod

Eurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the nin-war-wat route, whilst the fog effect is somewhat reduced, it is still handy. I have choosen a BS over a 2-hander and I have over 16k health. It is full two soc with 4 STGs and the rest SPGs. I still do some serious damage as evidenced by my 7th place in the Arena on my server.
Judoka2130-130-131 Monk-War-Fire
Judoka3130-130-131 Pure Water
TaMaU120-130-131 Tro-Tro-Arch
expensive91130-130 Pure Water
Destiny_Angel110-130 Pure Water
Melody_Angel110-115 Pure Water
Symphony_Angel Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ikky View Post
Mods are like underwear, you should change them daily!
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2010, 06:22   #7
DenShie

DenShie is on a distinguished road
cyclone isn't a big help, and since waters have DivineHare who cares about that damn cyclone, go for ninja-war-water
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23   #8
IluminatI
I<3Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenShie View Post
cyclone isn't a big help, and since waters have DivineHare who cares about that damn cyclone, go for ninja-war-water
have u seen how much DAMAGE a 2h-user (wand.... especially) does in a busy place with CYCLONE?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2010, 11:22   #9
(S)mash

(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluminatI View Post
have u seen how much DAMAGE a 2h-user (wand.... especially) does in a busy place with CYCLONE?
^ this, or you can use that cyclone to run around GA revving allies without getting hit. Divine hare isn't very useful for pvp, since you can't do anything else when you're in that form + if you get hit you lose a lot of hp.

I'm a full STG war-war-water, really like it ^^ making a pure water in case the pure skill is worthwhile :P

and what they said, 130-130-130. You'll get used to the 2nd rb effect - if you stop at 130-130 you'll be missing like 30 attribute points and probably some other things I can't remember atm.
Old 05-12-2010, 19:49   #10
SaoriOx
Scatter...

i really like the idea of cyclone + rev. Now, i'm wondering, just how much do STG's help? I really wanna be able to take a ck from a pure nin and not get killed. my jumping's pretty good so ss/fb/herc/2h won't work that well on me unless the other side's cycloning or it seriously lags.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:13   #11
DenShie

DenShie is on a distinguished road
well don't forget cyclone lasts a bit and you have to wait for it.. and not get killed.. so good luck
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16   #12
mistressyesumes
Knightmare

mistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Okay if you making your main account a water in last life then go trojan>warrior>water and use a two hand such as long hammer or glaive somthing to increase your range with the swing might be good best melee water I know uses a long hammer

now before you even think of what the trojan and warrior are for No I did not say go warrior for reflect people who go a class for one skills such as reflect usually die first in gws tho yes you will have reflect don't rely on it to win fights the reason I said warrior in it is cause of warriors shield xp skill is kept during rebirth and its very useful if you a water cause they have so little defense reason for trojan being you will have cyclone and golem. golems more jsut so you can say you have all transformation but the cyclone helps alot cause you can get thru gws pretty fast for reviveing make sure you have at least 80 spirit and don't hesitate to zap just cause you have a two hand

and yes 130 130 130
Guild:|Pur3BlooD|
Guild Position:Deputy Leader
Battle Power:300
Bless:28%
My Anime List

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer6 View Post
stoped reading there, as full +12 ninja, i was hit 25k by a nado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ
We listen but we don't care.
Change arena point system
Give Longhammers, and Hammers a new skill
mistressyesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 06:40   #13
(S)mash

(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaoriOx View Post
i really like the idea of cyclone + rev. Now, i'm wondering, just how much do STG's help? I really wanna be able to take a ck from a pure nin and not get killed. my jumping's pretty good so ss/fb/herc/2h won't work that well on me unless the other side's cycloning or it seriously lags.
Well, I have 50% torts (50% is the cap) and -30% bless. BP 234 (Classic server), and I can survive a direct hit from terato dragon (I'm just so proud I have to keep repeating it). No one can one hit me, player wise. That all said, I'm a GW water so I don't do a lot of pvp - you'd want to use a different char/build for pvp unless you try going 40% torts 60% SDG/SPG. o yeah and best way to avoid ck while revving gw is not to attack them, just rev ^^
Old 05-13-2010, 09:59   #14
Autumn20
Winter

Autumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond reputeAutumn20 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
Okay if you making your main account a water in last life then go trojan>warrior>water and use a two hand such as long hammer or glaive somthing to increase your range with the swing might be good best melee water I know uses a long hammer

now before you even think of what the trojan and warrior are for No I did not say go warrior for reflect people who go a class for one skills such as reflect usually die first in gws tho yes you will have reflect don't rely on it to win fights the reason I said warrior in it is cause of warriors shield xp skill is kept during rebirth and its very useful if you a water cause they have so little defense reason for trojan being you will have cyclone and golem. golems more jsut so you can say you have all transformation but the cyclone helps alot cause you can get thru gws pretty fast for reviveing make sure you have at least 80 spirit and don't hesitate to zap just cause you have a two hand

and yes 130 130 130
Wow. People that go warrior for reflect die first in GW? I dont see how 90pct of a server can die first in GW. Just because we go xxx-war-xxx doesn't mean we don't have skill. Chances are, people that go xx-war-xx still have tons of pots in their invent for GW and are NOT relying on reflect to save them every time. You should really stop flaming on a skill just because YOU don't want to go war second life and think you're better then everybody that did. Also, you seem to know nothing about why people go war second life, even though I know its been explained to you before, but here we go. War is a fast level for second life and most people just want to get it over with so they can get to their last life. Sure reflect is a nice skill, but its not the only reason why people go war.

Spring - 127-110 Ninja-War

Bemers - 95 Water Tao

Mars - 120-78 War-War

Zipp - 112 Archer

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Suggestion about removing external chat: http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=679598

Suggestion to change how to get to 4th stage of dis: http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=684924
Autumn20 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 10:53   #15
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
I think that any xxx-war-wat keeps superman, which I far prefer to cyclone. I'm not experienced in GW, why is cyclone more useful there than superman?

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: