Old 08-30-2014, 01:13   #1
Karyn
iR Lysa

Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Any Ruby / Rails devs on this forum?

If so where a good place to learn? I need to do some backend work n fancy learning it.
Server = Colombus / Faith
Crystal player for 10 years.
--------------------------
<3 Katrina, one of my bestest friends in the world =D
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

Cyber bullying needs to stop. Now.
RIP sweet Rachel <3
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2014, 01:57   #2
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2014, 02:23   #3
Karyn
iR Lysa

Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
hahaha
Seriously what. Why troll.
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

RIP sweet Rachel <3
Old 08-30-2014, 02:47   #4
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
1.) This is a game forum. Good luck with finding someone that knows how to program and is willing to help you let alone knowing ruby/ruby on rails, therefore i dont know why you dont just google the answer

2.)Web programmers are funny. Learn a real language pls.
Computer Scientist
Old 08-30-2014, 10:00   #5
Sepharius
Nuisance

Sepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond repute
Ignore the trolls and keep asking, make sure to belittle hemp too.
Old 08-30-2014, 13:36   #6
Karyn
iR Lysa

Quote:
1.) This is a game forum. Good luck with finding someone that knows how to program and is willing to help you let alone knowing ruby/ruby on rails, therefore i dont know why you dont just google the answer

2.)Web programmers are funny. Learn a real language pls.
There are people with skill sets everywhere on the internet. I asked here because I have a previous relationship to people here. Of course I'm also looking elsewhere, I'm not an idiot.

Also I'm developing web apps.. choices are pretty much ruby/rails, php/laveral, python/django or javascript/node... what you want me to learn C or something which would be entirely useless for me? lol

All those languages are just as capable as each other. I'm not a php fan at all, and ruby has the 2nd biggest base and therefore help when I get stuck. nodejs and stuff have a huge base too.. but javascript is just horrible to work with imo.

RIP sweet Rachel <3
Old 08-30-2014, 14:28   #7
Sepharius
Nuisance

Sepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh she took the bait, Deathclaw lives for this ****.
Old 08-30-2014, 15:21   #8
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
There are people with skill sets everywhere on the internet. I asked here because I have a previous relationship to people here. Of course I'm also looking elsewhere, I'm not an idiot.
LOL. "A previous relationsship". Maybe u should ask your buddies from kindergarden. You have a previous relationship to them as well. It is just highly irrational that you ask here.

A simple "ruby tutorial" google search is WAY more efficient than asking here.

Quote:
Also I'm developing web apps.. choices are pretty much ruby/rails, php/laveral, python/django or javascript/node... what you want me to learn C or something which would be entirely useless for me? lol
Yea you are a web dev and of course you need your crap languages for amateurs for your job. Nonetheless this does not change what they are.

Quote:
All those languages are just as capable as each other. I'm not a php fan at all, and ruby has the 2nd biggest base and therefore help when I get stuck. nodejs and stuff have a huge base too.. but javascript is just horrible to work with imo.
Yea? You are comparing languages for web development. I was not talking about those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharius View Post
Ikr. Karyn always does that. If i was a psychologist then i would prolly call it stockholm syndrome.
Computer Scientist
Old 08-30-2014, 15:21   #9
Karyn
iR Lysa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharius View Post
Sowwi >.<! Well I don't doubt DC is smart, would just help if he was more helpful and not an ******* towards me lol

If I really wanted to feed him I'd simply say web dev is the future.. no one installs applications anymore lol

Also I know I can google anything... Except I'm asking peoples opinion on ones here.. there are 1000's of ways to learn ruby and thousands of tutorials, are all equal? No. Same way I could google how to get fitter and see 10,000 different ways.. how do you choose? I'm asking if anyone has previous experience and to guide me to one they recommend. That is all.

So almighty DC what would you use for the job? What language? Considering this is for the backend of a web app and also requires some database parsing and commands to do processing (also in ruby) on a second server. You're living in the 90's, come to 2014 and use languages people are actually using to create stuff. Only applications I install on my PC now are Conquer, Chrome, Photoshop. Rest is all based in web apps or commandline... oh and a text editor

RIP sweet Rachel <3

Last edited by Karyn; 08-30-2014 at 15:26.
Old 08-30-2014, 15:23   #10
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
Sowwi >.<! Well I don't doubt DC is smart, would just help if he was more helpful and not an ******* towards me lol

If I really wanted to feed him I'd simply say web dev is the future.. no one installs applications anymore lol
Here is my help

http://bit.ly/wy58hW

You welcome

And no you have no idea. Almost every idiot can be a web dev .
Computer Scientist
Old 08-30-2014, 15:28   #11
Karyn
iR Lysa

Quote:
Here is my help

http://bit.ly/wy58hW

You welcome

And no you have no idea. Almost every idiot can be a web dev .
Sigh you're a waste of time aren't you. And no they can't.

And stop quoting me before I finish my customary 100 edits.

RIP sweet Rachel <3
Old 08-30-2014, 15:30   #12
Karyn
iR Lysa

End of the day I'm using the tool for the job. You can't see that so you're an idiot. Simple as that.

You don't use a hammer to twist a screw.

RIP sweet Rachel <3
Old 08-30-2014, 15:37   #13
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
Also I know I can google anything... Except I'm asking peoples opinion on ones here.. there are 1000's of ways to learn ruby and thousands of tutorials, are all equal? No. Same way I could google how to get fitter and see 10,000 different ways.. how do you choose? I'm asking if anyone has previous experience and to guide me to one they recommend. That is all.

AH! Sorry. My modified my help

http://bit.ly/1puzxJY

Quote:
So almighty DC what would you use for the job? What language? Considering this is for the backend of a web app and also requires some database parsing and commands to do processing (also in ruby) on a second server. You're living in the 90's, come to 2014 and use languages people are actually using to create stuff. Only applications I install on my PC now are Conquer, Chrome, Photoshop. Rest is all based in web apps or commandline... oh and a text editor
Lol. Ruby is prolly fine for what you want to do, but then again i have just used javascript back when i was a student assistant.

I am living in the 90s? Embedded Software in C++. Artificial Intelligence. Robotics. Yea 90s.

Quote:
End of the day I'm using the tool for the job. You can't see that so you're an idiot. Simple as that.

You don't use a hammer to twist a screw.
Dude you just dont get it. Languages for web devs are simply kindergarten from my point of view.
Computer Scientist
Old 08-30-2014, 15:41   #14
Deathclaw
Soon™

Stop with smoking stuff plz

Oh and by looking at the features of ruby on rails. This kinda reminds me of spring. Spring is actually a fancy framework, but it is not that simple either.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 08-30-2014 at 15:44.
Old 08-30-2014, 16:20   #15
Karyn
iR Lysa

Quote:
Stop with smoking stuff plz

Oh and by looking at the features of ruby on rails. This kinda reminds me of spring. Spring is actually a fancy framework, but it is not that simple either.
and its java.. i dont like java.. not friendly syntax compared to ruby lol

RIP sweet Rachel <3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: