Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04   #46
totoro32

totoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond reputetotoro32 has a reputation beyond repute
What boxer holds the record for youngest professional debut?

A: Teddy Baldock, B: Kid Laredo, C: Baby Arizmendi, D: Jack Dempsey

Correct answer is C: Baby Arizmendi
totoro32 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2009, 04:30   #47
Computron-Kylin

Computron-Kylin is on a distinguished road
2 wrong answers

1st question: what is the name of the helper of santa Claus in the Netherlands, who helps him checking his list.

SantaClaus has elfs who help him make toys and a wife who makes his clothes and his hot-chocolate but Mr Claus checks his lists and doing it twice... so the answer should be Himself (not an option)

2nd Question: in wich COUNTRY will the olympics be held in 2012
answers: [a]new york [b]london [c]paris [d]South africa
the answers ABC are wrong because thóse are cities and D is wrong, the correct answer (the UK or Great britain) is not listed
Computron-Kylin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45   #48
SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computron-Kylin View Post
1st question: what is the name of the helper of santa Claus in the Netherlands, who helps him checking his list.

SantaClaus has elfs who help him make toys and a wife who makes his clothes and his hot-chocolate but Mr Claus checks his lists and doing it twice... so the answer should be Himself (not an option)

2nd Question: in wich COUNTRY will the olympics be held in 2012
answers: [a]new york [b]london [c]paris [d]South africa
the answers ABC are wrong because thóse are cities and D is wrong, the correct answer (the UK or Great britain) is not listed
In the Netherlands it is Black Peter...
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2009, 21:02   #49
Computron-Kylin

Computron-Kylin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
In the Netherlands it is Black Peter...
thats is a common mistake in the US

we have Sinterklaas, who has an aid called black pete, he also brings gifts to young children, but leaves them in thear shoes in stead of their stockings. also Sinterklaas is hold on the 5th and 6th of december. SantaClaus, in the netherlands refered to as "de kerstman"/"christmas-man" is the person connected to Christmas and is hold on the 25th of december.

Trust me, I'm from the netherlands, and although I'm 40 years of age and considered a "non-believer", I do have my facts straight.

Sinterklaas
Kerstman#Santa_Claus
Computron-Kylin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2009, 06:39   #50
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucynV View Post
2 correct answers for this one:

What is the name of the point where matter changes from a gas into a liquid?

Correct answers are Condensation Point AND Boiling Point (since they are the same thing)

Science Dictionary: condensation point
Top Home > Library > Science > Science Dictionary
The temperature at which a material changes from a gas to a liquid; the same as the boiling point. (See phases of matter.)

Umm, no...
Boiling point is the change from liquid to gas. Condensation point: Gas to liquid
(and, not nesecarily same temperature... but, that gets into some wonky physics, special conditions, special substances...)
Draconis71 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51   #51
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
TQ questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The right answer was Quickbeam (according to TQ), I remember Treebeard carrying them but there may have been another one who knows. When you search that on google Quickbeam is the answer that comes up.
http://www.usefultrivia.com/movie_tr...via_index.html If you follow the link for quickbeam... it shows as WRONG....

MANY of the questions come from http://www.usefultrivia.com and many of the wrong answers TQ has are answers that pop up on the google search (even if you follow the link it says that you've chosen WRONG answer) TQ researchers: FAIL!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52   #52
DragonZord

DragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond reputeDragonZord has a reputation beyond repute
whats the longest river? i think i answered Nile....@_@..Wrong..!!!
DragonZord is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2009, 06:54   #53
Draconis71
Banded

Planet, planetoids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavens_fury View Post
what is the smallest planet in the solar system?

quiz answer is pluto real answer is mercury (pluto hasn't been a planet for ages now)

edit: can we get this stickied?, i'll try and keep it updated
DOH!!! I technically got this question wrong... That's correct: Pluto is now qualified as a plutoid / dwarf planet, not a planet.

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary...plutopage.html
Old 05-08-2009, 06:59   #54
Draconis71
Banded

question with NO right answer

Which~of~the~following~is~not~one~of~the~events~of ~Olympic~Games~water~sports?

We had a choice of rowing, swiming, diving, and waterpolo. there IS no right answer... They're all official Olympic aquatic events...
Old 05-08-2009, 13:28   #55
SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis71 View Post
Which~of~the~following~is~not~one~of~the~events~of ~Olympic~Games~water~sports?

We had a choice of rowing, swiming, diving, and waterpolo. there IS no right answer... They're all official Olympic aquatic events...
It's rowing, which is a boating event not a water sport.

Last edited by SunnyBoi; 05-08-2009 at 18:47.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2009, 16:14   #56
Adrienne
Bored

Adrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienne has a reputation beyond repute
Ill add the rest of my list later but to start. (and no i didnt read the entire thread yet if its been posted so whine about it if its repeated)

The smallest planet is not pluto anymore(officially). Outside of a few retarded scientists OPINIONs the object is in a stable and constant orbit and still qualifies as a planet however to be 'officially' correct we have to use the wrong answer....

MERCURY
There was once a time Where I longed for pretty things
But now that's changed. I long for murder.
How long shall I wait to celebrate my unforgiving hate?
I can't wait to be brutal.
I can't wait to wield a hatchet covered with blood.
Becuase youre the maggots in my eye
You're a piece of rotten pie to me

OMG STFU EZ GG NT
Adrienne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2009, 06:59   #57
Ampear

Ampear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond reputeAmpear has a reputation beyond repute
Am I the only one who thinks questions like thoose are stupid?

Leveling up in Online Training Ground will be:
Slow
Fast
Very Slow
Very Fast

It's a matter of opinion, it can't have a right answer!

Setsuna | Water-Warrior-Ninja | 130-130-131
Retired

Kaolla | Ninja-Ninja-Ninja | 130-130-128
Fixed Katana, first on Dark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobotjazz View Post
but Ampear is right
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKnife :]. View Post
Ampear has a point..
Super Katanas
Ampear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2009, 14:43   #58
Draconis71
Banded

Bad answer.

Had a question yesterday (I didn't bother copying it, cause I knew the answer)

How many enemys can be on the enemy list.
I chose the minmum (either 15, or 20)... There was no answer for 10... which is the correct answer.. I know that cause, I scroll thru my enemy list nearly daily.

Where~in~the~world~have~no~rainforest? europe, and north america both have temperate rainforests. South america, and africa both have tropical rainforests
http://www.mbgnet.net/sets/rforest/where.htm http://www.mbgnet.net/sets/rforest/index.htm Only continent not to have rainforests is Antartica.

Last edited by Draconis71; 05-14-2009 at 14:48. Reason: 2nd error
Old 05-15-2009, 22:24   #59
-Yana-

-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute
How many Academy Awards did the first Godfather movie win?
The correct answer is three

What is the name of the Ent who carries Pippin and Merry through Fangorn Forest?
The correct ans is Treebeard
-Yana- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2009, 10:28   #60
-Yana-

-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute-Yana- has a reputation beyond repute
TQ really needs to check the qn they got from a particular website.
I found 3 of them in a single quiz.

Who was the first golfer to win more than $1 million in official earnings in a single year?
Correct ans is Curtis Strange

What player set a record by pitching in seven games of the 1973 World Series?
Correct ans is Darold Knowles

What weapon has become known as "the gun that won the west"?
Correct ans is Colt Peacemaker
-Yana- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: