Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21   #16
DrakeArconis
Ex-Player

DrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrakeArconis Send a message via MSN to DrakeArconis Send a message via Yahoo to DrakeArconis Send a message via Skype™ to DrakeArconis
there has been this arguement for a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time now and on EVERYOTHER anti-virus its NOT a virus, from the big names like norton and mcaffee to the cheap free ones like ad-aware they don't find a trojan in co. ONLY people having problems with this are the avg or whatever the stupid program is called. ITS YOUR ANTI VIRUS screwing up!!! get a real anti virus program that you had to pay for so you know its gonna work and then you can play your game. depend on the the shareware/freeware bs that everyone complains about.

just cause its cheap or free don't mean it works. TQ does NOT have a trojan in it!!! Even the mods off the forums have posted lists of their anti-virsus' that show co.exe as being fine so when you see a list of 20 different antivirus programs showing it to be fine and one that says its a problem (ever think its that anti-virus thats the problem?)
generally i find people who actually have lives don't get very worked up when some internet random makes humourous remarks about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooblyGoobly View Post
Good job, you just gave us the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I" as a defense. Simply astounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:JaK:. View Post
Most of the idiotic posts in this thread are becuase some people just don't have the attention span to read. I however, read the whole thread.
Life is Meaningless
T.Bear
DrakeArconis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35   #17
KissMyA$$

KissMyA$$ is on a distinguished road
just go into avg control and add it as an allowed programme its stopped by the residential shield

this will work go try it
i did it worked

lol you just need to learn about avg its a good programme try installing zone alarm as an alternative. as for norton and mcafee they are hell to get rid of and the messed my comp
KissMyA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 13:00   #18
Warlock011
09-16-06

Warlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Warlock011
i've tried so many ways of trying to fix this problem but i still can't get in, i'm just really overall frusterated.

i need help on this.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kaktiuo - 104 ~ Water-
Server-Pieces/Leo

Don't you see their bodies burning?, Desolate and full of yearning, Dying of anticipation, Choking from intoxication.
Empty Walls - Serj Tankian
Warlock011 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 13:04   #19
Winddancer
Byes

Winddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock011 View Post
i've tried so many ways of trying to fix this problem but i still can't get in, i'm just really overall frusterated.

i need help on this.
Try uninstalling AVG completely, then go get one of the other anti virus programs I listed above, then reinstall CO and patch manually.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Winddancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 13:06   #20
Warlock011
09-16-06

Warlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond reputeWarlock011 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Warlock011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winddancer View Post
Try uninstalling AVG completely, then go get one of the other anti virus programs I listed above, then reinstall CO and patch manually.
love to try that, but ain't my computer. i guess i'm stuck off conquer >.<
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kaktiuo - 104 ~ Water-
Server-Pieces/Leo

Don't you see their bodies burning?, Desolate and full of yearning, Dying of anticipation, Choking from intoxication.
Empty Walls - Serj Tankian
Warlock011 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 13:09   #21
Winddancer
Byes

Winddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond repute
Then try what is posted in the top post. Restore the files from the virus vault and turn off the resident shield.

Old 09-08-2008, 13:14   #22
luckychick27

luckychick27 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy having the same problem

all how i try nothing seems to work cause of this patch
luckychick27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 13:21   #23
Winddancer
Byes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychick27 View Post
all how i try nothing seems to work cause of this patch
Please try turning off AVG and reinstalling and patching manually.

Old 09-08-2008, 13:24   #24
luckychick27

luckychick27 is on a distinguished road
i done that same thing no matter what i did
luckychick27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 13:26   #25
Winddancer
Byes

It would be helpful if you posted what happens when you try and what you have done to try and get it to work, as wll as your computer specifications. Just saying it doesnt work doesnt help me help you.

Old 09-08-2008, 15:37   #26
Sir.Boss

Sir.Boss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Sir.Boss Send a message via Skype™ to Sir.Boss
Thumbs up

2 MOUNTHS LAST I HAVE TYHIS SAME PROBLEM WITH NEW PATCH AND I SEND E-MAIL FOR TQ AND SUPPORT CONQUER AND INFORM PATCH HAVE THIS TROJAN HORSE, BUT TQ OR SUPPORT CONQUER INFORM PATCH'S NOT HAVE PROBLEM, PROBLEM IS MY ANTIVIRUS AVG Internet Security Original version not free version.
Sir.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 15:39   #27
Winddancer
Byes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Boss View Post
2 MOUNTHS LAST I HAVE TYHIS SAME PROBLEM WITH NEW PATCH AND I SEND E-MAIL FOR TQ AND SUPPORT CONQUER AND INFORM PATCH HAVE THIS TROJAN HORSE, BUT TQ OR SUPPORT CONQUER INFORM PATCH'S NOT HAVE PROBLEM, PROBLEM IS MY ANTIVIRUS AVG Internet Security Original version not free version.
Correct, email AVG instead.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:20   #28
yellowbutterfly

yellowbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
...i see your point winddancer, thanks. again, it's all speculations, no one's a liar. but as for me, i might just rest playing until this issue is resolved. i'll just let these TQ people explain themselves.

PIZ
Old 09-09-2008, 02:05   #29
мєgz«3
- ღ-»

мєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond reputeмєgz«3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofbears View Post
This is the current solution for users that has AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0:

If your .exe file has been detected by AVG and placed into the Virus vault, i would recommend that you re-install your client.

Please remember to Delete the Conquer.exe found in your Virus Vault before you proceed to re-install your client

Having reinstalled your client, before proceeding onto starting your Conquer client, please do the following steps below to prevent AVG from capturing the .exe and isolating it

To overcome this virus being detected, all you have to do is follow this couple of simple steps:

1. Click on the Overview tab located on the Left side of the AVG interface
2. Upon clicking the Overview tab, the right side will be changed accordingly
3. Either Double-click on the Resident Shield icon or right click its icon and select open
4. Now, you would have entered the Overview -> Resident Shield
5. Locate the Manage exceptions button at the bottom left of the interface
6. Clicking the button will open up Advanced AVG Settings
7. Select the button Add Path and locate your Conquer 2.0 folder and add the whole folder in, and dont forget to click the Apply button upon adding the folder

This is just a temporary measurement until AVG has found a solution to the fix as this problems only seems be conflicting with AVG.

Take note: Once AVG has fix the problem, dont forget to un-do the steps and remove the Path that you have added previously for security purposes.

I hope this would help out the AVG supporters out there. Cheers

YAY it work'd !! thx heapz !! =D
мєgz«3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2008, 02:51   #30
darkrosey17
Best Tro!!

darkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond reputedarkrosey17 has a reputation beyond repute
thanx bunch dude

now i can kill every1 again, b4 i go out
-Ninja-Ninja-Ninja- -131-110-???-
-First Ninja w/Lvl 20 Katana Prof On SW-
-Sword Prof Lvl 17 18.4 Pct-
-Pr0-

~Samonosuke~
-RetireD-
-Gave To Mum-
-Pure Tro- -130-131-132-
-Used 4 Pct Stealin-
-Pr0-