Old 07-29-2008, 12:10   #1
~Catelyn~
AlphaOmega

~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Translators

Since there has been so much unneeded drama here on the forums, and much confusion with translations, I have decided to try (yes, TRY) to help (ZOMG I'm helping!) people find translators.

To start with, www.google.com has a WEB PAGE TRANSLATOR. Translate text and webpages - you can even find google in multiple languages.

(Multiple Languages) to English and vice versa

Arabic to English Translator
Home Page for site
This one you have to register for, no big deal.

Translator - Arabic to English, (other languages) to English and vice versa

As I come across other translators, I will post them in this thread.

I do understand that there will always be a language barrier to those not fluent in either language (or any other language for that matter), but we can at least try to understand each other. For instance - say someone attempts to translate something from Arabic to English and the English translation isn't perfect. Hence it being a direct translation. Well that's ok - most (yes I will say MOST not ALL) fluent English speaking people will be able to rearrange and understand the translation. A direct translation into English from another language will not always come out like someone wants. It is not just with Arabic, other languages have different sentence structures, word types, spellings for common words, punctuation (if any), etc. etc.

Arabic speaking people (or anyone who does not speak English fluently) should not be ashamed to make posts that are direct translations; I assume they don't want to be ridiculed by others because they do not have a perfect translation.

This is an attempt to help people build a bridge and understand each other. We may not always get along, agree, or like each other, but help with communication can certainly give a nudge in the right direction for people to understand situations better.

Let us try to discuss, not argue with each other. Agree that we disagree. Swearing and refusal to try to understand shows ignorance and quite frankly, arrogance - not intelligence. Not everyone is the same. That's what makes us human.
Catelyn (Scorpio - retired)
131-Tro - 132-War - 134-Water
---------------------
Daenerys (Jupiter/Pluto - retired)
130-Tro - 130-War - 131-Water
---------------------

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

Last edited by ~Catelyn~; 07-30-2008 at 14:29. Reason: Grammatical Editing
~Catelyn~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 12:17   #2
henry again
Anti-phils

henry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond repute
henry again is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 12:18   #3
xAcidBurNx
WTFpwndOMG

Location: California, USA Posts: 7694 †††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††
xAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond reputexAcidBurNx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to xAcidBurNx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catelyn~ View Post
Since there has been so much unneeded drama here on the forums, and much confusion with translations, I have decided to try (yes, TRY) to help (ZOMG I'm helping!) people find translators.

To start with, www.google.com has a WEB PAGE TRANSLATOR. Translate text and webpages - you can even find google in multiple languages.

(Multiple Languages) to English and vice versa

Arabic to English Translator
Home Page for site
This one you have to register for, no big deal.

Translator - Arabic to English, (other languages) to English and vice versa

As I come across other translators, I will post them in this thread.

I do understand that there will always be a language barrier to those not fluent in either language (or any other language for that matter), but we can at least try to understand each other. For instance - say someone attempts to translate something from Arabic to English and the English translation isn't perfect. Hence it being a direct translation. Well that's ok - most (yes I will say MOST not ALL) fluent English speaking people will be able to rearrange and understand the translation. A direct translation into English from another language will not always come out like someone wants. It is not just with Arabic, other languages have different sentence structures, word types, spellings for common words, punctuation (if any), etc. etc.

Arabic speaking people should not be ashamed to post translations because they don't want to be ridiculed by others because they do not have a perfect translation.

This is an attempt to help people build a bridge and understand each other. We may not always get along, agree, or like each other, but help with communication can certainly give a nudge in the right direction for people to understand situations better.

Let us try to discuss, not argue with each other. Agree that we disagree. Swearing and refusal to try to understand shows ignorance and quite frankly, arrogance - not intelligence. Not everyone is the same. That's what makes us human.
its no use hun. they will still speak in their native language.. =c

Officer (inactive)
Water-War-Fire 130-130-131

Azwra|th (my new kickas fire)
Ninja-War-Fire (first EVER) completed 1/14/2009 in 3 weeks 130-130-133
RΐgnΐRπK GL

--==: EQUIPMENT :==--

FULL 2soc bless -7
+12 BS
+12 brace
+12 robe
+12 fan
+12 tower
+12 cap

rest +8

-1 DW
-1 MG

GOLDPRIZE
BRONZEPRIZE

323 BP

xAcidBurNx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 12:34   #4
~Catelyn~
AlphaOmega

~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Catelyn~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAcidBurNx View Post
its no use hun. they will still speak in their native language.. =c
Can't say I didn't try. <3

@Henry:
I don't know what you're so frownie about. I'm trying to help people.
---------------------
---------------------

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57   #5
henry again
Anti-phils

henry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond reputehenry again has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can't say I didn't try. <3

@Henry:
I don't know what you're so frownie about. I'm trying to help people.
i know that u wanna help them....but they will continue in their ways and will type in arabic so u hurted urself for nothing and u will say henry was right
Old 07-29-2008, 13:00   #6
~Catelyn~
AlphaOmega

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry again View Post
i know that u wanna help them....but they will continue in their ways and will type in arabic so u hurted urself for nothing and u will say henry was right
Not sure why I would be "hurt" for trying... when people don't want to help themselves it hurts them, it won't hurt me. So I can go ahead and say you're wrong in that I will feel "hurt" but you may be right in the fact that they will continue to ignore warnings and post in their native tongue.
---------------------
---------------------

-Albert Einstein
Old 07-29-2008, 13:04   #7
henry again
Anti-phils

Quote:
Not sure why I would be "hurt" for trying... when people don't want to help themselves it hurts them, it won't hurt me. So I can go ahead and say you're wrong in that I will feel "hurt" but you may be right in the fact that they will continue to ignore warnings and post in their native tongue.
u will see soon if any one typed in english no one will change his mind even if he got banned they will creat a new one and will post in arabic again we tried much
Old 07-29-2008, 15:03   #8
*Athina*
The POOFER

*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute*Athina* has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Right On Sister!

Kudos to u for trying to help! You're right...we should all try a little harder to overcome the language barrier. I don't understand why anyone would not take a little help when they can get it....i hope ppl appreciate your effort to make this game more enjoyable and accessible to all players...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!

~it's not pking...it's tough love!~
*Athina* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 17:08   #9
~~†orch~~
Messiah

~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ~~†orch~~
good job

this one needs to be sticky for this forum server lmao :-)
well anyway to all egyptians there, we do admired you all if you will try to speaks english at this forum so we all can understand each other and have a good community here, unlike if you speak your language and you all can only understand thats bad and we cannot reply to you which is you cant take or recieve our oppinion to your post. so guyz pls. try to speak english. peace to all of yah :-) this thread is helpful to US.
playing CO since 2004 :-P
dont use any bot so you will enjoy the game and dont quit :-) proud not to be a botter/autolvler
the best Screeny i have :P
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=533747
finally i realized that drinking while walking is dangerous than drinking while you driving
~~†orch~~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 03:20   #10
henry again
Anti-phils

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Athina* View Post
Kudos to u for trying to help! You're right...we should all try a little harder to overcome the language barrier. I don't understand why anyone would not take a little help when they can get it....i hope ppl appreciate your effort to make this game more enjoyable and accessible to all players...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!
welcome Athina
Old 07-30-2008, 06:54   #11
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Stuck!

Now no excuse. Post in english!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:28   #12
ukypat
GivEmHell!

ukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond reputeukypat has a reputation beyond repute
Good job
GoldAngel 130->130->135(Water-Warrior-Trojan)
StarMan 110->132(Water-Water)

-Never Bought A DB!!!-
-Quit- -->BACK To Classic Royalty_EU
NightDragon 130-80(Warrior-Warrior)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexy View Post
yeh, i remember ya as well *** 1herced me in GW fkin +7 club =.= .. that was *** .....
ukypat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 10:08   #13
~~†orch~~
Messiah

~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute~~†orch~~ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ~~†orch~~
Ty so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
Stuck!

why do you listen to my suggestion? maybe they think you are my real brother :-) lmao
playing CO since 2004 :-P
dont use any bot so you will enjoy the game and dont quit :-) proud not to be a botter/autolvler
the best Screeny i have :P
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=533747
finally i realized that drinking while walking is dangerous than drinking while you driving
~~†orch~~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 10:24   #14
henry again
Anti-phils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
Stuck!

without angry face we posting in english now
Old 07-30-2008, 15:29   #15
xxDamTroJxx
I R BRUTE!

xxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond reputexxDamTroJxx has a reputation beyond repute
i wonder if Durant saw the person who used his avatar as his own.. lol

Hanging Gardens > Scorpio

Blad3Mast3r
130 water - 130 warrior - 134 trojan

GANGSTER
130 water - 130 warrior - 131 water

Chistine_Jane
110 water - 131 archer (plvling purposes)

Shadow€Fang
first pure 130 ninja on server 1/8/2009

===================================

::winning GL of first SGW and DL of second SGW::
::PuRe AzzKiCkEr::
xxDamTroJxx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: