Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 05:56   #61
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
DC, do you really think I'd have the know-how to change/hide my IP?
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01   #62
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Did I? I don't think I said someone reported my account as hacked. But that's maybe another possibility I could add to my list.

This is what I know:
  1. GM said that the hacker is from Egypt, and that "He knows the registered email, the registration year and country, and the birthday you filled out when creating this account."
  2. GM said that "The hacker tried to retrieve this account with the information recently."
    (Note: I do not know why this is relevant, as you should not be able to retrieve an account with this information)
Sorry can you explain this to me. I didnt get it. You sau that some hacker from Egypt tried to retrieve your account with insufficient information? Maybe someone did.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 07:04   #63
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
Sorry can you explain this to me. I didnt get it. You sau that some hacker from Egypt tried to retrieve your account with insufficient information? Maybe someone did.
Hmm? What's do you mean?

That's just what the GM said to me, direct quote from the emails I got from them.

It didn't make sense to me either.

edit: Oh wait, I see what you mean.

It's in the technicalities.

I never said that "someone reported that my account as hacked", as some people here think I have 'assumed'. ("Who said that it was reported as hacked? This is the assumption of the OP. As I said you argue based on assumptions.")

I've said what the GM said - that someone ('the hacker') tried to retrieve my account. I don't know what reason the hacker gave.

You can try to retrieve an account for various reasons.
eg. "Someone hacked my account" - as I have said to the GMs now, though I don't need to retrieve the account cause I already have, because I have my full security info.

Or another reason could be simply because you've forgotten your account information and want to access it again. This is what I'm suggesting may have happened. (eg. Konker2020 in post #24)

Maybe 'the hacker' did try to claim that they were the true owner, and that someone has hacked it. I don't know, and I've never said that this might have happened prior to post #59. The GM never said what reason 'the hacker' gave for trying to retrieve the account. But maybe this is another alternative to what happened. I don't know.

Regardless, fact is (fact because the GM said it) that:
1. Someone that the GM is calling 'the hacker', is from Egypt.
2. 'The hacker' tried to retrieve my account recently (I don't know how recently this is - the GM didn't specify).
3. 'The hacker' has some useless details about my account.

Last edited by CheekyPunk27; 03-26-2015 at 07:27.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:30   #64
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hmm? What's do you mean?

That's just what the GM said to me, direct quote from the emails I got from them.

It didn't make sense to me either.
I believe it is possible that someone collected some information about your account. Found some helpful naive GM and retrieved your login information without giving sufficient information to prove that he is the real owner of the char. If that is the case (though i doubt TQ would admit their failure) TQ should get your gears back or provide you with equal gears to the lost ones.

If there is no direct failure of TQ they are not really obliged to help.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:32   #65
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerx View Post
took me almost a year to convince tq that im the real owner of an account with similar name of my main account and i have some of the info except security and email. and this with another 2yrs prior of email exchanges on my main;s email.

so i didnt change password for a year and nver put good gears until tq decided to give me email.
Wait - they told you what registered email was associated with the account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
I believe it is possible that someone collected some information about your account. Found some helpful naive GM and retrieved your login information without giving sufficient information to prove that he is the real owner of the char. If that is the case (though i doubt TQ would admit their failure) TQ should get your gears back or provide you with equal gears to the lost ones.

If there is no direct failure of TQ they are not really obliged to help.
I think this is possible too. Thanks.

And you are right - TQ has no obligation to any of us, even if they did make a failure. Digital goods which all belong to them anyway.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:41   #66
Deathclaw
Soon

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Did I? I don't think I said someone reported my account as hacked. But that's maybe another possibility I could add to my list.

This is what I know:
  1. Haven't logged into my account since before 19th of March 2015, from around July 2014
  2. In December 2014, my friend noticed my account had been online and was without gear. He emailed me. I did not check that email. He messaged me on skype recently and I checked my email and found out.
  3. I tried to log in, and my password was changed.
  4. I reclaimed my account through the self service system and using my registered email.
  5. I logged on to my account and my gear was gone.
  6. I filed a ticket. GM said they couldn't do anything about the gear since it was ages ago. I said I have no idea how I got hacked, do you?
  7. GM said that the hacker is from Egypt, and that "He knows the registered email, the registration year and country, and the birthday you filled out when creating this account."
  8. GM said that "The hacker tried to retrieve this account with the information recently."
    (Note: I do not know why this is relevant, as you should not be able to retrieve an account with this information)
  9. Registration year, country and birthday were easily available on the forum (so go change it now everyone!! ) Though i don't know how they would have got my registered email.
As far as I am aware, I haven't made any assumptions. I've made some suggestions as to what I think could have happened, based on what I personally know I've done. Of course, no one could really verify this, you just have to take my word... but this is what I suggest might have happened:
  1. I could have been keylogged - but I think this highly unlikely, given I haven't clicked anything or even logged into the account for a long time.
  2. The one time I did input my login details was through an offline event on the official website. Could I have been keylogged before that? I doubt it. Possible, but unlikely. Maybe the event was compromised and they got my details from there?
  3. Maybe the hacker skimmed some details from the forum and other places, and managed to convince the GMs that they are the owner and they just forgot the details, and then the GM gave them the account details?

It could be any of these. It could be that I sold the items and blah blah blah - people can add that to their own personal list of what they think could have happened if they would like. For me, it is not on mine because I didn't do that.

There is one thing I do want to know, that maybe the GMs could help me with.

How did my password get changed?

This is one simple thing I want to know, and it should not be that hard to verify, right???

Was it through the self service system? In which case, the hacker somehow already knew my acct name and password, which would most probably be my own fault somehow.

If it was, case closed. TQ can decide to help me or to not. It seems in the past they have helped hopeless cases like that. But that is their decision, I won't hold my breath.

But if it was not through self service - then how else?
What part of it has been too much time did you not understand? TQ don't have to do anything no matter what happened.
Cindy told you already what they can do for you.
Oh and you might want to read the internet 101 guide before you even consider visiting the internet again. You can find way too many informations about you just by googling your user name. And you wonder how people get ahold of those informations.

Quote:
DC, do you really think I'd have the know-how to change/hide my IP?
Would you fools please understand already that is no such thing as AN IP unless you have a static one?
As for the rest it is still the internet. But keep on pretending that you are a moron. You don't have to be smart in order to get ahold of another IP.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 08:30   #67
LitasLTL

Quote:

I think this is possible too. Thanks.

And you are right - TQ has no obligation to any of us, even if they did make a failure. Digital goods which all belong to them anyway.
You might try to contact TQ and try to retrieve login info of any of your other chars by giving insufficient info. Just to see what happens.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:49   #68
Moonfall

Moonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond repute
Sry to hear about this Mits.
Old 03-26-2015, 13:21   #69
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

after almost 3 yrs, prolly because they realized it;s almost same as my main;s email, with only 1 letter difference. it was prolly typed wrong when i made the account.

also the account was basically naked. for years i didnt put anything on it.

it was level 133 and had good chi so i wanted to level it.
Old 03-26-2015, 14:36   #70
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Yes mate I know what you wrote. How would you check that? Spoiler: If you mention IPs then I will call you an ignorant fool.

This was a question for you. Only you and the OP talk about hacking although there is not even any evidence for it.

So whats up with this bs? The possible case "someone bought the gear" is completly independent of what the OP assumed. The OP assumed that someone reported his account as hacked and got access to it this way. There is no evidence for what the OP assumed beside that it is very unlikely as I stated already. Anyways why do you mix those 2 independent cases like a moron?

Oh I read your post. The seller and the buyer should be punished if they sell gear. Why do you try to make the seller look like a saint that should get his gear back?

Just some quotes from the ToS:

Seriously stop with this IP bs. It is only possible to prove that the owner was using the account by checking the IPs. It is not possible to prove that the owner was NOT using the account. You keep on arguing based on the latter and the former is useless in this case, especially because he claimed that he did not log in.

God are you naive.

I'm not going to bother going line by line wasting time quoting everything but here is the response to your statements.

1. "Why are you arguing useless points? Yes he can hide his IP if he wanted to, but then he would still have to use that IP or another IP to trade either the gear or the CPS he got from selling it back to a character he logs with his normally used IP." If he is lying then that can be easily seen by tracing the gear.

2. What I replied to hemp when he asked why he would return items that he sold prior "If indeed he did trade them of his own free will, then you wouldn't. If he didn't though, and someone else logged his account there is no way of knowing if he did or did not sell the items; therefore you should return them or give him the same stat same equipment." And yes, if he DID sell them then yes both buyer and seller should be punished VIA the ToS. How are you going to prove that he did or not though? It's nearly impossible unless he posted in game that's why I wrote it in the way I did originally.

3. Exactly he claimed he did not log in. Therefore his IP should not be shown trading the gear over to someone, or the cps to another account he was active on and still playing. Yes IP, yes you can change it but you can't change the accounts he was playing up until that point unless he completely ditched them. There is such thing as an IP RANGE to determine if the gears are being used / were traded to a SIMILIARLY BASED LOCATION or a location from where his character was last logged IE his new home. Unless he stayed off of it for a year, and used a proxy somewhere increasing his ping this whole time time just for this "seems a bit farfetched doesn't it?" or moved to different states/countries twice in the span of 6months-yr "again highly unlikely"

So if none of the above factors are true, and can be determined as true. Then A. The person who took his gear should be banned again if the IP was not in the IP Range of the OP's prior. This would assume he did not give his gears away. This leaving either scenario one he was indeed hacked, or scenario B he sold the gears but since B is not provable then yes he should get a set of gears back of the exact set of what he lost. There is of course option C he gave his account away to someone but again that seems farfetched to go through the trouble of trying to get someone you were friendly enough with to give away all your gears to banned. Tq can also see who exactly did get his gear and determine if they were on his friends list I assume to kick that theory out. So that leaves A or B in which case you cannot prove the OP at fault and should help him out.

Last edited by Returning; 03-26-2015 at 14:40.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 20:50   #71
Konker2020
God

Konker2020 will become famous soon enough
To provide a little clarity, the first two times I emailed TQ I did give every bit of information I knew about the account, a rough idea of when it was registered, any previous passwords I could remember, but I never had any idea what the security code or security information was. This resulted in them GIVING ME THE REGISTERED EMAIL but not the account, telling me that if I wanted the account back I would have to login to the email(which was deleted)

The third time I emailed them which was from a different email than the past two attempts, I thought maybe anonymity would help me and it did I gave them the registered email address which they gave me in our previous conversation and told them I forgot my password. They asked me to provide my most recent password I remembered (which was the one I used when it was registered in 2010) and they responded saying that not only did they reset the password, but they included all of the security info they had readily accessible.

An account name, one of the registered emails the account has used, and ANY password the account has ever used is all it takes to get into an account.
Konker2020 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 22:30   #72
LitasLTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
So if none of the above factors are true, and can be determined as true. Then A. The person who took his gear should be banned again if the IP was not in the IP Range of the OP's prior. This would assume he did not give his gears away. This leaving either scenario one he was indeed hacked, or scenario B he sold the gears but since B is not provable then yes he should get a set of gears back of the exact set of what he lost. There is of course option C he gave his account away to someone but again that seems farfetched to go through the trouble of trying to get someone you were friendly enough with to give away all your gears to banned. Tq can also see who exactly did get his gear and determine if they were on his friends list I assume to kick that theory out. So that leaves A or B in which case you cannot prove the OP at fault and should help him out.
So anyone who sell their gear or just give away it freely can bann the recipient at will and get back their gears as long as they use different IP at transfer moment (and buy DBs. This might be needed for TQ to help you)? Actually it does happen.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:08   #73
Deathclaw
Soon

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
I'm not going to bother going line by line wasting time quoting everything but here is the response to your statements.

1. "Why are you arguing useless points? Yes he can hide his IP if he wanted to, but then he would still have to use that IP or another IP to trade either the gear or the CPS he got from selling it back to a character he logs with his normally used IP." If he is lying then that can be easily seen by tracing the gear.

2. What I replied to hemp when he asked why he would return items that he sold prior "If indeed he did trade them of his own free will, then you wouldn't. If he didn't though, and someone else logged his account there is no way of knowing if he did or did not sell the items; therefore you should return them or give him the same stat same equipment." And yes, if he DID sell them then yes both buyer and seller should be punished VIA the ToS. How are you going to prove that he did or not though? It's nearly impossible unless he posted in game that's why I wrote it in the way I did originally.

3. Exactly he claimed he did not log in. Therefore his IP should not be shown trading the gear over to someone, or the cps to another account he was active on and still playing. Yes IP, yes you can change it but you can't change the accounts he was playing up until that point unless he completely ditched them. There is such thing as an IP RANGE to determine if the gears are being used / were traded to a SIMILIARLY BASED LOCATION or a location from where his character was last logged IE his new home. Unless he stayed off of it for a year, and used a proxy somewhere increasing his ping this whole time time just for this "seems a bit farfetched doesn't it?" or moved to different states/countries twice in the span of 6months-yr "again highly unlikely"

Ignorant fool.
Obviously nobody has ever told you how easy it is you get an IP of a specific country/region, especially if we are talking about australia. Any australian proxy/VPN would be sufficient in this case. As I said before IPs don't prove anything. It is very easy to make it look like the OP gave the gears away willingly. Anyone that bothers with pulling off what this egy did could do it.

Then case B. You assume that he sold his gear, which clearly violates the ToS and is punished by banning all involved accounts according to them. Yet here you are and state that he should get his gears back because it cannot be proved? Quite funny how you naive person assume that everything can be perfectly proven. The "hacker" had the login data incl. warehouse pw in this case, so there is your proof.

Fact is the gears are gone. Fact is that it is the fault of the OP unless TQ gave someone else access to the account based on the knowledge of a part of the registration data, which is highly unlikely.
Computer Scientist
Old 03-27-2015, 09:27   #74
*Bushwacker*

*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute*Bushwacker* has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like TQ made a bad error here and should return a comparable set of gears to the party affected. I know your reading this TQ , It's time to fess up, admit your mistake and provide the party affected with comparable gears to what was lost.
*Bushwacker* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2015, 09:39   #75
Deathclaw
Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bushwacker* View Post
Sounds like TQ made a bad error here and should return a comparable set of gears to the party affected. I know your reading this TQ , It's time to fess up, admit your mistake and provide the party affected with comparable gears to what was lost.
More assumptions
Computer Scientist

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: