Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 04:08   #46
Deathclaw
Soon

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
What point are you arguing against me about? I simply stated they can get the gear back or if it's been too long like in this situation it seems to have been they can make a bound set. I also stated that in a case of a friend of mine instead of getting his gear back knowing that he did in fact get it stolen they gave him gear the guy had that had not been transferred /sold instead of his own.

So it's likely they can check the IP he used a few days ago to see if it's been playing these past few months or to see if he's logged a char that has been in access as the one who logged and took his stuff. And the fact of the matter is if someone bought his gear I doubt he'd report it as hacked months later and tq should not be worried about the person who bought his stuff out of game as that's a banable offense anyway. So once again what I said is 100% legit.
God are you naive.

IPs are irrelevant. Ever heard of dynamic IPs? Even if you have a static one then you can always change the ISP or simply login with your mobile internet. And then there are proxys/VPN.

Who said that it was reported as hacked? This is the assumption of the OP. As I said you argue based on assumptions.

What if the OP sold his gear and now tries to get it back. What if he gave it away? What if it is nothing but his fault that his gear is gone?
And here you are and support the OP without knowing any facts.

Fact is that it way more likely that is his fault than TQ's that his stuff is gone. So unless there is proof for the latter then people like you should be quiet.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 03-25-2015 at 04:10.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 04:59   #47
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
How does one prove he got hacked? How can one prove he didnt? All TQ can check is the movement of gears. They cant track if it was done by free will, if it was sold or what. I wonder how many scammers used TQ go get their sold gears back.

Btw long ago i loged in a different char with my log info. I dont know how or why it happened and if it sometimes happens for others, but if it happened to me i guess can possibly happen for anyone else. If i were an ******* i could have taken all gears of that guy (it was before item lock system) or done something evil.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.

Last edited by LitasLTL; 03-25-2015 at 05:02.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 05:10   #48
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
How does one prove he got hacked? How can one prove he didnt?
Can you even prove that you are real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 05:54   #49
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Can you even prove that you are real?
Depends on what you mean by "real". I type therefore i exist... though you could be in a matrix now and you could read this text only because the program sent signal to your brains to see this text

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
Old 03-25-2015, 13:52   #50
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
How can you make sure that he didn't give out his account info to others, or even sold the account? That's why we need to prove his ownership before we can do anything about his gears, and that's why we made a rule that tickets should be submitted within 10 days. BTW, to be honest, do most of you guys really got hacked ever if you don't share your account info with anyone else?
I am not aiming at anybody, just saying a fact.
That's not my job, all im saying is if his story is true he should be getting some help. TQ has hired people who are supposed to be working on this, are they?

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 16:27   #51
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
God are you naive.

IPs are irrelevant. Ever heard of dynamic IPs? Even if you have a static one then you can always change the ISP or simply login with your mobile internet. And then there are proxys/VPN.

Who said that it was reported as hacked? This is the assumption of the OP. As I said you argue based on assumptions.

What if the OP sold his gear and now tries to get it back. What if he gave it away? What if it is nothing but his fault that his gear is gone?
And here you are and support the OP without knowing any facts.

Fact is that it way more likely that is his fault than TQ's that his stuff is gone. So unless there is proof for the latter then people like you should be quiet.
Omg are you listening to yourself? I JUST SAID to check if he has or has ever logged any of the accounts in which the gear was traded to.

Who said it was reported as hacked? How is the guy posting the thread making an assumption that he himself reported it as hacked that makes 0 sense.

Again you didn't read my post, if he sold it the he's being a scum bag HOWEVER it's against the rules so therefore tq should not worry about this claus and just get him the gear back in which case the buyer got rekt. If it was given away thus his original IP from when he was playing vs another player's IP then yes that's there.

Why are you arguing useless points? Yes he can hide his IP if he wanted to, but then he would still have to use that IP or another IP to trade either the gear or the CPS he got from selling it back to a character he logs with his normally used IP.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 17:11   #52
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Question.

If he sold the items, why would we give them back to the seller?
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 17:50   #53
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
Question.

If indeed he did trade them of his own free will, then you wouldn't. If he didn't though, and someone else logged his account there is no way of knowing if he did or did not sell the items; therefore you should return them or give him the same stat same equipment.

Last edited by Returning; 03-25-2015 at 17:53.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 18:01   #54
FiascoJackson

FiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Hi everyone,

Some of you may know me, or recognise me from around the forums or from years gone by.

This is my petty plea for sympathy and help.

Sometime late last year, around Nov/Dec I was hacked, and lost all my good gear I have no idea how this might have happened, as my account has been inactive at least a year before it happened, so I'd not been thinking about conquer, clicking links or doing anything except checking the forums every now and again.

I'm also on a Mac (so unlikely there's a virus) and am absolutely pedantic and meticulous when it comes to suspicious emails and websites.

So in short, I've got no idea how I got hacked, and this is most likely goodbye from me for good.

10+ years on the same character, countless hours spent fixing skills and proficiencies, time and thought into guides and figuring out game mechanics - all gone to some mysterious, and possibly extremely clever, hacker.

At least the contributions I've made will live on - I would say the greatest contribution to the community was proving the effects of weapon proficiency on attacks. That was fun.

Anyway, farewell friends (maybe). I may still lurk on the forums though.
When I used to to lurk the forums I used to always check out your posts, I especially remember your work on fixed proficiency. You were a good character and very reasonable. It's a big loss for the CO community. Hope you get your character and gear back, TQ you really dedicate some resources to getting you back on your feet.

Best of luck!
Old 03-25-2015, 22:57   #55
LitasLTL

Quote:
Question.

Maybe because TQ might have done it many times in the past?

Last edited by LitasLTL; 03-26-2015 at 00:03.
Old 03-26-2015, 00:12   #56
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't bother with the discussion about selling items.

I didn't sell them.

I am a law abiding citizen.
I'm a sentimentalist, so wouldn't sell them anyway.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 00:42   #57
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Question.

You are deliberately obfuscating the issue.

The complaint is clear. TQ ought to be able to see whether OP's IP has been used in the past 3-4 months to login. If he hasn't logged in, then he clearly hasn't sold the items and made a post on forums asking for these back.

As Litas points out though, TQ have clearly returned items to sellers which have previously been sold out of game in the past, so your track record isn't exactly great.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:48   #58
Deathclaw
Soon

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Omg are you listening to yourself? I JUST SAID to check if he has or has ever logged any of the accounts in which the gear was traded to.

Who said it was reported as hacked? How is the guy posting the thread making an assumption that he himself reported it as hacked that makes 0 sense.

Again you didn't read my post, if he sold it the he's being a scum bag HOWEVER it's against the rules so therefore tq should not worry about this claus and just get him the gear back in which case the buyer got rekt. If it was given away thus his original IP from when he was playing vs another player's IP then yes that's there.

Why are you arguing useless points? Yes he can hide his IP if he wanted to, but then he would still have to use that IP or another IP to trade either the gear or the CPS he got from selling it back to a character he logs with his normally used IP.
Yes mate I know what you wrote. How would you check that? Spoiler: If you mention IPs then I will call you an ignorant fool.

This was a question for you. Only you and the OP talk about hacking although there is not even any evidence for it.

Quote:
And the fact of the matter is if someone bought his gear I doubt he'd report it as hacked months later and tq should not be worried about the person who bought his stuff out of game as that's a banable offense anyway.
So whats up with this bs? The possible case "someone bought the gear" is completly independent of what the OP assumed. The OP assumed that someone reported his account as hacked and got access to it this way. There is no evidence for what the OP assumed beside that it is very unlikely as I stated already. Anyways why do you mix those 2 independent cases like a moron?

Oh I read your post. The seller and the buyer should be punished if they sell gear. Why do you try to make the seller look like a saint that should get his gear back?

Just some quotes from the ToS:
Quote:
You may not sell or auction any TQ Game accounts, characters, items, coin or copyrighted material
Quote:
You agree that any out-of-game transfer of Game Item is not permitted
Quote:
All other trading, sale, or ownership transfers of content included in TQ Games, including without limitations, Account IDs, in-game items, in-game currencies, as well as any and all transfers that are conducted outside of the game world, are strictly prohibited.

The Company is not responsible for any losses incurred by the participation in any activities, whether knowingly or unknowingly, related to any prohibited trading activities. ANY AND ALL PROHIBITED CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE ACCOUNTS INVOLVED IN SUCH TRADING
Seriously stop with this IP bs. It is only possible to prove that the owner was using the account by checking the IPs. It is not possible to prove that the owner was NOT using the account. You keep on arguing based on the latter and the former is useless in this case, especially because he claimed that he did not log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
You are deliberately obfuscating the issue.

The complaint is clear. TQ ought to be able to see whether OP's IP has been used in the past 3-4 months to login. If he hasn't logged in, then he clearly hasn't sold the items and made a post on forums asking for these back.

As Litas points out though, TQ have clearly returned items to sellers which have previously been sold out of game in the past, so your track record isn't exactly great.
Oh look another fool. Stick with your law books and don't talk about technical stuff.

Did those people tell TQ that they lost their gear because they sold it out of game or did they rather give them some made-up bs reason? The latter seems to be way more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Don't bother with the discussion about selling items.

I didn't sell them.

I am a law abiding citizen.
I'm a sentimentalist, so wouldn't sell them anyway.
You said it already: It is the internet.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 03-26-2015 at 03:51.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2015, 05:46   #59
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yes mate I know what you wrote. How would you check that? Spoiler: If you mention IPs then I will call you an ignorant fool.

This was a question for you. Only you and the OP talk about hacking although there is not even any evidence for it.

So whats up with this bs? The possible case "someone bought the gear" is completly independent of what the OP assumed. The OP assumed that someone reported his account as hacked and got access to it this way. There is no evidence for what the OP assumed beside that it is very unlikely as I stated already. Anyways why do you mix those 2 independent cases like a moron?

Oh I read your post. The seller and the buyer should be punished if they sell gear. Why do you try to make the seller look like a saint that should get his gear back?

Just some quotes from the ToS:

Seriously stop with this IP bs. It is only possible to prove that the owner was using the account by checking the IPs. It is not possible to prove that the owner was NOT using the account. You keep on arguing based on the latter and the former is useless in this case, especially because he claimed that he did not log in.

Oh look another fool. Stick with your law books and don't talk about technical stuff.

Did those people tell TQ that they lost their gear because they sold it out of game or did they rather give them some made-up bs reason? The latter seems to be way more likely.

You said it already: It is the internet.
Troll recognises troll DC. Go stick your head in an oven.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:52   #60
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The OP assumed that someone reported his account as hacked and got access to it this way.
Did I? I don't think I said someone reported my account as hacked. But that's maybe another possibility I could add to my list.

This is what I know:
  1. Haven't logged into my account since before 19th of March 2015, from around July 2014
  2. In December 2014, my friend noticed my account had been online and was without gear. He emailed me. I did not check that email. He messaged me on skype recently and I checked my email and found out.
  3. I tried to log in, and my password was changed.
  4. I reclaimed my account through the self service system and using my registered email.
  5. I logged on to my account and my gear was gone.
  6. I filed a ticket. GM said they couldn't do anything about the gear since it was ages ago. I said I have no idea how I got hacked, do you?
  7. GM said that the hacker is from Egypt, and that "He knows the registered email, the registration year and country, and the birthday you filled out when creating this account."
  8. GM said that "The hacker tried to retrieve this account with the information recently."
    (Note: I do not know why this is relevant, as you should not be able to retrieve an account with this information)
  9. Registration year, country and birthday were easily available on the forum (so go change it now everyone!! ) Though i don't know how they would have got my registered email.
As far as I am aware, I haven't made any assumptions. I've made some suggestions as to what I think could have happened, based on what I personally know I've done. Of course, no one could really verify this, you just have to take my word... but this is what I suggest might have happened:
  1. I could have been keylogged - but I think this highly unlikely, given I haven't clicked anything or even logged into the account for a long time.
  2. The one time I did input my login details was through an offline event on the official website. Could I have been keylogged before that? I doubt it. Possible, but unlikely. Maybe the event was compromised and they got my details from there?
  3. Maybe the hacker skimmed some details from the forum and other places, and managed to convince the GMs that they are the owner and they just forgot the details, and then the GM gave them the account details?

It could be any of these. It could be that I sold the items and blah blah blah - people can add that to their own personal list of what they think could have happened if they would like. For me, it is not on mine because I didn't do that.

There is one thing I do want to know, that maybe the GMs could help me with.

How did my password get changed?

This is one simple thing I want to know, and it should not be that hard to verify, right???

Was it through the self service system? In which case, the hacker somehow already knew my acct name and password, which would most probably be my own fault somehow.

If it was, case closed. TQ can decide to help me or to not. It seems in the past they have helped hopeless cases like that. But that is their decision, I won't hold my breath.

But if it was not through self service - then how else?
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: