View Poll Results: Would you like to see this being implemented in-game?
Yes 37 66.07%
No 14 25.00%
With a few modifications maybe 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 12:59   #1
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
A different type of reincarnation?

One that'll fix your attribute points, for people who reborned their characters early for 1st and 2nd rebirths.

With this reincarnation, you can basically level up your characters from level 15 to 130 to recover the attribute points that you've lost by reborning your character in haste. Your level won't jump when you hit level 110, like it is with the regular reincarnation. Instead, you'll have to level it up all the way to 130.

So, let's say for instance, you had a trojan that you reborned at level 120 into a warrior. You reborn that warrior into a trojan again at level 125. And then you level your trojan to 135. So basically, its a tro-war-tro that's 120-125-135.

With this reincarnation, you'll basically be rewriting your levels. So, let's say that the same guy reincarnated into a pure warrior. When he signs up for this reincarnation, he'll be level'd down to level 15 and into a warrior again(without him choosing since his reborn combo is war-war-war at the moment). Now, he'll basically have to level up to 130 and reincarnate again. So, the system would give him the attribute points he lost from reborning at 120 the first time. Then, he levels up to 130 again. System would give him the attribute points he lost for reborning at 125 just before 2nd rebirth. Then, he reincarnates again and levels up to 110 normally, in which case, his level would jump back to 135.

You won't lose your max level.

You won't lose the level of your skills or your weapon proficiencies. They'll remain intact.

Your reborn combination won't change. You'll automatically be reincarnated into the reborn combo that you already have. If you're a tro-war-nin, you'll first be turned into a tro, then a war and then finally a nin.

Once you accept this reincarnation, you'll have to level up to 130. System won't allow you to reincarnate again before that.

Once you accept this reincarnation, you won't be able to use regular reincarnation until you've finished this.

You're also barred from entering PK tournaments if you're in the middle of this quest.

EDIT: This quest can only be done once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshyFishy ><> View Post
I believe it would be easier if you put 'The entire process of reincarnating - leveling - reincarnating again, leveling and reincarnating once more needs to be done in one go.' or just altered the 'This quest (to me it initially felt like this referred to just one rebirth) can only be done once' to 'This process can only be done once'. I do feel that it could mislead readers otherwise.

Last edited by MyThirdAccount; 02-24-2013 at 07:39.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 00:52   #2
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Why do I always have to bump my threads?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:21   #3
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Why do I always have to bump my threads?
Maybe TQ arent only ones that doesnt care And as game is dieing these forums are slowly dieing too.

So is this about fixing mistakes of the past and geting back some atribute points or is it about being able to get back to lvl 111-129 and staying there for tourneys?

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 05:09   #4
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is an excellent idea.

[Edit] was going to rep you but apparently I have to spread it around a bit first.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 08-23-2012, 05:38   #5
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Hey awesome idea...
I could then maybe fixed my Pure ninja from the past.
That time I was so impatient that I lv 120-130-115 >.>

+1 rep
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43   #6
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
Maybe TQ arent only ones that doesnt care And as game is dieing these forums are slowly dieing too.

So is this about fixing mistakes of the past and geting back some atribute points or is it about being able to get back to lvl 111-129 and staying there for tourneys?
lol wow. Didn't think of that.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:48   #7
n00dlez
n00blez

n00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond repute
No limitations, otherwise, I like the idea.
n00dlez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50   #8
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Missed that bit, lol.

If this were used for for getting a character back to L111-129 and staying there for tourneys, they'd still be short of attribute points, wouldn't they? So they wouldn't be as good as a 130-130-nnn. But I guess someone who had a load of study points or some good Chi might still consider it worthwhile.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 08-23-2012, 09:54   #9
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
Missed that bit, lol.

If this were used for for getting a character back to L111-129 and staying there for tourneys, they'd still be short of attribute points, wouldn't they? So they wouldn't be as good as a 130-130-nnn. But I guess someone who had a load of study points or some good Chi might still consider it worthwhile.
I guess. But if they're on the third part of the quest, basically after 2nd rb, then it might be a little troubling.
Old 08-23-2012, 15:23   #10
Khev

Khev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond reputeKhev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
I guess. But if they're on the third part of the quest, basically after 2nd rb, then it might be a little troubling.
Just have it two parts? If they're already 130+ in their third life, then the third part would just be a regular reincarnation. Ie, once they hit 110, then they jump to 130 or whatever level they used to be. If they were already camping tournaments, then that would be the only problem.

Or make the requirements being 130+ 2nd rb with imperfect rb levels.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 15:53   #11
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Just have it two parts? If they're already 130+ in their third life, then the third part would just be a regular reincarnation. Ie, once they hit 110, then they jump to 130 or whatever level they used to be. If they were already camping tournaments, then that would be the only problem.

Or make the requirements being 130+ 2nd rb with imperfect rb levels.
Done.
Old 08-23-2012, 16:05   #12
Moonfall

Moonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond repute
Horrible idea. Why? I worked hard, yes it was hard back then, to get my accounts to 130. 130-130-130 is something you achieve by planning ahead, thinking about the future, investing time in your account.
Old 08-23-2012, 19:07   #13
IshyFishy ><>
NubArcher

IshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond repute
Sadly, no. I am not in support of this idea. I feel that characters who have made the effort to have gone 130-130-* in their first time deserve to be unique in their putting in that effort the first time.

As to the logistics of the idea, I feel that more time would be wasted actually trying to get the full 130-130-130 and it would be more simpler to make a new character.

ALSO:

The OP mentions that the quest can only be done once, but in the example he shows that the character has to reincarnate twice using that given method.

Perhaps, you meant 'one try per life' aka if you were <130 in your first life, you get one chance, and also <130 in your 2nd life you get another. After being given those two chances to reincarnate to 130, you won't be able to do it again. This may be implied, but clarity is in order.
Old 08-23-2012, 19:15   #14
Song_2_16
Perma-Noob

Song_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfall View Post
Horrible idea. Why? I worked hard, yes it was hard back then, to get my accounts to 130. 130-130-130 is something you achieve by planning ahead, thinking about the future, investing time in your account.
At first, I did agree with you. I kind of felt the same way when reincarnation was first added. But this idea came from a current player not from TQ. I think at this point, with the game dying so badly and really no miracle recovery in sight, finally giving players what they would like see isn't such a bad idea after all.

I voted yes. Good luck MyThird. Hope you get to see this feature in game.

100% Water, made the hard way...got my pure skill and loved it a bunch. Had a great time with all my guild and friends in game. Thanks for the memories guys Diva out

"Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it" -- Kermit the Frog, as Bob Cratchit. A Muppet Christmas Carol, 1992

Each day....work a little...play a little...laugh a little...pray a little....love alot
Song_2_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 22:10   #15
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
For people who vote not because they put in efforts to reach high lvl back then.
Back then when you leveled hard having good rebirth was a diference between having 10k and 8.5k HP. Big difference. Now its about having 20k-18,5K or 30k-28.5k. Not that big diference anymore. Times changes, things changes. I think its time to alow people to fix their mistakes, especialy when making new char now means mising days, weeks, months of free chi.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: