Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 20:55   #10711
MyThirdAccount
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 10,142
MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Deathclaw loves panda
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 03:52   #10712
~Ahmed~
1337
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ****hole
Posts: 8,898
~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Deathclaw loves panda
Ily.
__________________
A brief taste of chaos will remind them why they crave obedience.
~Ahmed~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 05:51   #10713
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
You still dont get anything. You say that BF3 is bad although u have not even experienced what BF3 is about. The sole reason that you played deathmatch maps proves that you have no idea. BF is a not COD. Obviously you want to play a shooter that revolves around deathmatch, then go and play something else. BF/PS/etc are the wrong games for you. You could have figured that out by using google in a matter of minutes. Deathmatch was just added to BF3 to have some diversity, it was never supposed to be a feature that sells the game.

I really dont give a **** for your opinion and thats not why i post. Its the basis of your opinion.

And yes the problem sits in front of the pc. It doesnt change anything if your friends are dumb as well. Its coop. The PC of the person that hosts the game acts as the server, so you gonna have to forward the ports in the routers firewall and make sure that no other firewall intercepts anything.

ADHD kids, seriously....
We are going in circles. Can't expect anything else from someone so ignorant. I'll draw it out for you.

My opinion was a first impression on the game. During that first impression, a lot of negative stuff happened, hence my comment.

There is no big sign that says "you didn't play the right mode, so you have no right to criticize the game".

There are what? 20 modes? I played 4 of them and all of them felt underwhelming. I don't know what was supposed to be the main mode and what not, I got the game recently. There is never a statement saying "hey, this is the real modus. The rest are just special modi".

And once more you are wrong. EVERY feature is something that sells the game. I didn't buy it because it had deathmatch, because I didn't even know. All I knew was that it was a first person shooter that takes place on a battlefield. I've played older versions before so I knew what to expect.

If you don't care about my opinion, why comment on an opinion in the first place? Man, you are seriously deluded.

No, it is obvious they broke something with a patch for a lot of people, otherwise there wouldn't be a huge thread on their forums. I forwarded all the listed ports, I got NO firewalls on, hamachi is off, I checked the entire connection. I reïnstalled the game and my friends did the same. Nothing worked, the game kept freezing up in the loading screen. We could only try once every 12 hours too because it still said "playing co-op with friend A" while we weren't playing! We couldn't select eachother from the list anymore either because we were already ingame according to the game. That sir, is one huge load of bugs. If there is an alternative way that could fix this, please do share that fix instead of crying at my adress. I don't know jack sht about programming or coding, I just do what I usually do. If there is something that works, share. If you can't think of anything, scram.

But do go on telling me it's my fault as if I never configured a game for optimal play before. I mean, it's not like you read anything I write anyway. Your motto must be that ignorance is bliss.

ADHD kid? Is that supposed to be something that should offend me? If I had ADHD, I highly doubt I could even stay in front of a computer. Your attempts to insult me become more and more pathetic. Now begone, troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Deathclaw loves panda
Of course he does. Why else would he constantly blabber jibberish in my direction to get my attention.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 08-22-2013 at 05:56.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 07:28   #10714
Erikuasu
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your bed
Posts: 5,311
Erikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond repute
Next comment from that pompous moron will be that he "blocked" you. But secretly he will read your post, print it, and then pin it on his wall along with the others. The refrigerator is full.
Erikuasu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46   #10715
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure, I've never had the honor of being blocked before. In every topic he just stops replying when he has been proven wrong or where he just can't prove his points after I called him out on it. I like doing it over and over again with him. Feels like talking to someone that gets amnesia again and again.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 07:52   #10716
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
My opinion was a first impression on the game. During that first impression, a lot of negative stuff happened, hence my comment.
And yet you still have not experienced what BF is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
There is no big sign that says "you didn't play the right mode, so you have no right to criticize the game".
Of course not, but its pathetic to criticize the game if you have only seen minor and rather irrelevant parts of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
There are what? 20 modes? I played 4 of them and all of them felt underwhelming. I don't know what was supposed to be the main mode and what not, I got the game recently. There is never a statement saying "hey, this is the real modus. The rest are just special modi".

And once more you are wrong. EVERY feature is something that sells the game. I didn't buy it because it had deathmatch, because I didn't even know. All I knew was that it was a first person shooter that takes place on a battlefield. I've played older versions before so I knew what to expect.
You have played the older battlefield games and yet you dont even know what the main game mode of BF is? It has been conquest since BF1942. Also it has been basically the same game since then, yet you didnt know what it was about other than taking place on a battlefield? Either u are very dumb or simply a liar.

Yes every feature matters, but people buy it mainly for conquest and rush. If i had to guess then even less than 10% play deathmatch (excluding the metro cod kiddies). So saying that BF3 is bad, because the deathmatch sucks is simply retarded and the opinion of someone that doesnt know anything about the game at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
If you don't care about my opinion, why comment on an opinion in the first place? Man, you are seriously deluded.
I dont comment your opinion, i comment that basis of your opinion. Get it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
No, it is obvious they broke something with a patch for a lot of people, otherwise there wouldn't be a huge thread on their forums. I forwarded all the listed ports, I got NO firewalls on, hamachi is off, I checked the entire connection. I reïnstalled the game and my friends did the same. Nothing worked, the game kept freezing up in the loading screen. We could only try once every 12 hours too because it still said "playing co-op with friend A" while we weren't playing! We couldn't select eachother from the list anymore either because we were already ingame according to the game. That sir, is one huge load of bugs. If there is an alternative way that could fix this, please do share that fix instead of crying at my adress. I don't know jack sht about programming or coding, I just do what I usually do. If there is something that works, share. If you can't think of anything, scram.

But do go on telling me it's my fault as if I never configured a game for optimal play before. I mean, it's not like you read anything I write anyway. Your motto must be that ignorance is bliss.

ADHD kid? Is that supposed to be something that should offend me? If I had ADHD, I highly doubt I could even stay in front of a computer. Your attempts to insult me become more and more pathetic. Now begone, troll.
Have i said already that i dont play BF3 anymore? If there is such a bug then fine. It worked just fine 1.5 years ago, if you knew what you were doing. Nonetheless coop isnt an important feature aswell. Deathmatch and coop. You should really play something else bro.
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 08-22-2013 at 07:55.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 10:32   #10717
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Before carrying on, I'd like to point it out again because you seem so dense. My opinion which I said to switchblade was a first impression. Not a game review, so stop acting as if I called the game bad. I never did that, ever. So stop trying to say I did. It feels as if you can't seperate people anymore and think that I'm switchblade or something. You are so caught up in trying to discredit me by calling me a liar or stupid that you deviated far from the initial point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
And yet you still have not experienced what BF is about.
That's your opinion, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Of course not, but its pathetic to criticize the game if you have only seen minor and rather irrelevant parts of it.
People are allowed to critize the things they've played. Whether they are minor and irrelevant is purely your personal opinion and means nothing to me. If you add 1 good feature to a game and 200 bad ones, people are allowed to complain about the bad ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
You have played the older battlefield games and yet you dont even know what the main game mode of BF is? It has been conquest since BF1942. Also it has been basically the same game since then, yet you didnt know what it was about other than taking place on a battlefield? Either u are very dumb or simply a liar.
Why would I lie? I played conquest on older games, just like all other moduses. I've had fun playing things like team deathmatch on the old one. Here it is just frustrating with how it is set up. Call me all you want, it doesn't make my opinion any less true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Yes every feature matters, but people buy it mainly for conquest and rush. If i had to guess then even less than 10% play deathmatch (excluding the metro cod kiddies). So saying that BF3 is bad, because the deathmatch sucks is simply retarded and the opinion of someone that doesnt know anything about the game at all.
I never said that. I find it amusing how you take one thing from my post and say that was my entire opinion. I also spoke about the co op that doesn't work. The deathmatch feature I played is badly balanced on most maps, hence my comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
I dont comment your opinion, i comment that basis of your opinion. Get it already.
The basis? If you were commenting the basis, you would realise that my post was a first impression post, not a game review, or are you really that stupid to think that was my entire opinion about the game? switchblade said he got the game and expected much, but got disappointed. I agreed with him, adding a few reasons. I never stated that the game probably didn't have some good features. Selective reading is something narrow minded people do, don't be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Have i said already that i dont play BF3 anymore? If there is such a bug then fine. It worked just fine 1.5 years ago, if you knew what you were doing. Nonetheless coop isnt an important feature aswell. Deathmatch and coop. You should really play something else bro.
Yea, and I didn't care the first time. You said it is completely my fault, yet didn't start the game for one and a half years ago. I'd applaud you in a sarcastic manner but I'm sure you got the point already.

Just because you don't deem to be important, doesn't mean it isn't. Hell, in your eyes the entire game should be deleted apart from rush & conquest I guess. Not that anyone cares about your opinion here.

Stick to arguing about programming stuff, you aren't the best with semantics.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 08-22-2013 at 10:38.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 16:47   #10718
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Before carrying on, I'd like to point it out again because you seem so dense. My opinion which I said to switchblade was a first impression. Not a game review, so stop acting as if I called the game bad. I never did that, ever. So stop trying to say I did. It feels as if you can't seperate people anymore and think that I'm switchblade or something. You are so caught up in trying to discredit me by calling me a liar or stupid that you deviated far from the initial point.
I know exactly what you and what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
That's your opinion, not mine.
Actually its the opinion of DICE and the majority of people that play/played BF3.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
People are allowed to critize the things they've played. Whether they are minor and irrelevant is purely your personal opinion and means nothing to me. If you add 1 good feature to a game and 200 bad ones, people are allowed to complain about the bad ones.
And yet its not even my opinion. Conquest is THE feature of BF. Its a simply a fact not an opinion.

1 good feature and 200 bad ones? More like 200 major good ones and 1 minor bad ones. Its exaggerated, but i hope that you fool get it now. You just sound pathetic if you complain about minor features. Whats next? The game is bad, because you dont like the textures of the tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Why would I lie? I played conquest on older games, just like all other moduses. I've had fun playing things like team deathmatch on the old one. Here it is just frustrating with how it is set up. Call me all you want, it doesn't make my opinion any less true.
You played BF dont even know what BF/BF3 is about? You dont even know what the main gamemode of BF is? Keep on telling your made-up stories. Everyone that has actually played BF knows that. Do you even realize that you do nothing but making yourself look like a liar? Remember when you claimed that you played the press version of D3? Its basically the same situation, except that you try even harder to play into my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
I never said that. I find it amusing how you take one thing from my post and say that was my entire opinion. I also spoke about the co op that doesn't work. The deathmatch feature I played is badly balanced on most maps, hence my comment.
Oh sorry that i was just talking about 50% of your post here!!! Your point that BF3 is bad because the coop doesnt work currently is even more retarded, hence why i wasnt talking about it. Bugs happen. CO would be worst game ever then according to your logic, because of the features that have temporarily not worked in the past. Why do you fool spend few years or whatever playing the worst game ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
The basis? If you were commenting the basis, you would realise that my post was a first impression post, not a game review, or are you really that stupid to think that was my entire opinion about the game? switchblade said he got the game and expected much, but got disappointed. I agreed with him, adding a few reasons. I never stated that the game probably didn't have some good features. Selective reading is something narrow minded people do, don't be one of them.
Oh please. You supplied points to his claim that BF3 is terrible. You didnt literally call BF3 a bad game but you clearly sit in the same boat as him. The rest is just semantics .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Yea, and I didn't care the first time. You said it is completely my fault, yet didn't start the game for one and a half years ago. I'd applaud you in a sarcastic manner but I'm sure you got the point already.
Its still possible that its completly your fault. I have not looked into it. Hell i dont even have BF3 installed anymore and cba to install it therefore i take that back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Just because you don't deem to be important, doesn't mean it isn't. Hell, in your eyes the entire game should be deleted apart from rush & conquest I guess. Not that anyone cares about your opinion here.
Again i dont have numbers but only a minority would actually cry about it if you ignore the people that would do it because the game has less diversity then. Yes it is my opinion. But i have played BF3 long enough to know what the majority of the community likes to play unlike you. If anyones opinion is irrelevant then its clearly yours. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Stick to arguing about programming stuff, you aren't the best with semantics.
Ok?
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2013, 18:06   #10719
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
This is becoming long again so I'll shorten it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
I know exactly what you and what he said.
Obviously not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Actually its the opinion of DICE and the majority of people that play/played BF3.
If it was DICE's, they would have promoted that play. If it was of the majority of people, tdm servers wouldn't be so packed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
And yet its not even my opinion. Conquest is THE feature of BF. Its a simply a fact not an opinion.
1 good feature and 200 bad ones? More like 200 major good ones and 1 minor bad ones. Its exaggerated, but i hope that you fool get it now. You just sound pathetic if you complain about minor features. Whats next? The game is bad, because you dont like the textures of the tanks?
I'll repeat it just like I said it in all our other arguments that went prior to this. Your opinion is not equal to "a fact". Whether they are minor or major is irrelevant, I played what was promoted. Namely the co-op, one of the 3 main options to play this game. Then when that didn't work, I joined the server that came on the top of the search list without filters, which happened to be a team deathmatch. I had negative experiences all the way here, so I'm allowed to complain about them. I never called the game bad, feel free to quote where I said that. I stated before that I didn't call it bad, yet you keep spamming it as if it is a given fact. Stop being childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
You played BF dont even know what BF/BF3 is about? You dont even know what the main gamemode of BF is? Keep on telling your made-up stories. Everyone that has actually played BF knows that. Do you even realize that you do nothing but making yourself look like a liar? Remember when you claimed that you played the press version of D3? Its basically the same situation, except that you try even harder to play into my hands.
Of course I know what it was about. But I expected more out of the game that got numbered "3". It was supposed to present new things, not the old ones I already knew. I couldn't care less if you thought if I was "telling the truth" or "lying". What did I lie about? You keep calling me a liar yet don't even know what about. About me not playing a previous BF? I can show you records if you like, just like I did with D3 . I love it that you brought that up, especially when I have proven in that very thread that I did in fact play the press version of D3.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Oh sorry that i was just talking about 50% of your post here!!! Your point that BF3 is bad because the coop doesnt work currently is even more retarded, hence why i wasnt talking about it. Bugs happen. CO would be worst game ever then according to your logic, because of the features that have temporarily not worked in the past. Why do you fool spend few years or whatever playing the worst game ever?
Uhm, they are only negative because you keep hammering about it. I'm still talking about that first time I played it, which was negative yea. I still never called the game bad. Feel free to quote it to prove me wrong. Just do it. Quote the part where I said BF3 was bad. If you do, I'll get on my knees and officially apologise and admit you won this one.

Of course bugs happen, I'm not even arguing about that. You are the one that are offending me that it is all my fault when it is obviously a game bug. Stop trying to put words in my mouth, you really suck at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Oh please. You supplied points to his claim that BF3 is terrible. You didnt literally call BF3 a bad game but you clearly sit in the same boat as him. The rest is just semantics .

Its still possible that its completly your fault. I have not looked into it. Hell i dont even have BF3 installed anymore and cba to install it therefore i take that back.
I find it amusing that in one quote above you say I called the game bad, and here you are saying I didn't. I'm in the same boat as his first post yes, as his first one was about his first experience, just like I was talking about mine. His second post was his "full review" of the game, but I didn't respond nor agree with that as I had yet to play the other modi. Don't assume I'm as narrow minded as most on these forums and "pick sides". That's what differentiates me from most here, I form my own opinion while people expect you to actually pick a side. I like to discuss pros and cons, not one of them and feel satisfied. I question everything to know the true situation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Again i dont have numbers but only a minority would actually cry about it if you ignore the people that would do it because the game has less diversity then. Yes it is my opinion. But i have played BF3 long enough to know what the majority of the community likes to play unlike you. If anyones opinion is irrelevant then its clearly yours. Sorry.
Ok?
Not everything is as you expect it to be. You're stating that you are a fact junky by always using facts (ahem) to prove your point. Yet what are you doing here? You realise it yourself when you say "I don't have numbers".

And I'm still a bit lost here. Can you elaborate as to why it matters what the community likes to play and what not? If something has less people playing it, can you not comment about it? If I save 10 people and shoot 1, are we not allowed to talk about the person I shot because more people would rejoice about the people I saved? Please verify that this is the type of logic that you are using.

You are still, as always, sucking facts (irrelevant ones too) out of your thumb to try and prove a point. While we're debating the color of the sun, you are saying people prefer a white over a yellow moon. How is any of what you said relevant at all?

If you had this conversation with switchblade, I might have actually agreed with you. But automatically assuming that he speaks on my behalf and taking the things he said out of proportion to use against me is completely not the way to try and argue with me.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE speaks on my behalf. Never. Ever.

I apologise though, at the start of this post I hoped it would be shorter now. After typing this entire post, I realise it probably won't be.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 08-22-2013 at 18:10.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 01:52   #10720
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Obviously not.
Ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
If it was DICE's, they would have promoted that play. If it was of the majority of people, tdm servers wouldn't be so packed.
How many times do i have to tell that you have no idea? The bf3 beta had rush and conquest. Of course they would test the modes that people want to play most.

You want numbers?
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/pol...ts&pollid=4076 Conquest is clearly the favorite game mode. Only a minority likes deathmatch, because its simply not what BF is about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
I'll repeat it just like I said it in all our other arguments that went prior to this. Your opinion is not equal to "a fact". Whether they are minor or major is irrelevant, I played what was promoted. Namely the co-op, one of the 3 main options to play this game. Then when that didn't work, I joined the server that came on the top of the search list without filters, which happened to be a team deathmatch. I had negative experiences all the way here, so I'm allowed to complain about them. I never called the game bad, feel free to quote where I said that. I stated before that I didn't call it bad, yet you keep spamming it as if it is a given fact. Stop being childish.

Someone that played the game way longer that you tells that they are minor features of the game. You played minor features, you dont like them and complained about them. Thats a fact. How many times do i have to tell that BF3 is the wrong game for you anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Of course I know what it was about. But I expected more out of the game that got numbered "3". It was supposed to present new things, not the old ones I already knew. I couldn't care less if you thought if I was "telling the truth" or "lying". What did I lie about? You keep calling me a liar yet don't even know what about. About me not playing a previous BF? I can show you records if you like, just like I did with D3 . I love it that you brought that up, especially when I have proven in that very thread that I did in fact play the press version of D3.
First playing a sequel of a gameseries? Why should they change the basic gameplay if people like? If idiots buy exactly the same game over and over again (COD) then you cannot blame EA for adding only minor features and changing the game here and there. BF4 wont be any different, so stay away of that one.

And no you have not proven ****. Its until nowadays just your word, that doesnt prove anything.

You know BF? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
I don't know what was supposed to be the main mode and what not, I got the game recently. There is never a statement saying "hey, this is the real modus. The rest are just special modi".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
All I knew was that it was a first person shooter that takes place on a battlefield. I've played older versions before so I knew what to expect.

Then why does everyone that played BF know that conquest is and has been the main mode since the first BF? Dont even dare to say that it could have been different in BF3 if it wasnt any different in 6 BF games! Yet you have not even played conquest. You are obviously a liar bro.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Uhm, they are only negative because you keep hammering about it. I'm still talking about that first time I played it, which was negative yea. I still never called the game bad. Feel free to quote it to prove me wrong. Just do it. Quote the part where I said BF3 was bad. If you do, I'll get on my knees and officially apologise and admit you won this one.

Of course bugs happen, I'm not even arguing about that. You are the one that are offending me that it is all my fault when it is obviously a game bug. Stop trying to put words in my mouth, you really suck at it.
You complained about minor features and made it sound as if it was a big thing. Thats why i posted. The basis of your comment is a joke.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
I find it amusing that in one quote above you say I called the game bad, and here you are saying I didn't. I'm in the same boat as his first post yes, as his first one was about his first experience, just like I was talking about mine. His second post was his "full review" of the game, but I didn't respond nor agree with that as I had yet to play the other modi. Don't assume I'm as narrow minded as most on these forums and "pick sides". That's what differentiates me from most here, I form my own opinion while people expect you to actually pick a side. I like to discuss pros and cons, not one of them and feel satisfied. I question everything to know the true situation.
He didnt say what he played when he posted first and yet you backed him up. So you most likely sit in the same boat as someone that calls the game "terrible". As i said the rest is semantics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Not everything is as you expect it to be. You're stating that you are a fact junky by always using facts (ahem) to prove your point. Yet what are you doing here? You realise it yourself when you say "I don't have numbers".

And I'm still a bit lost here. Can you elaborate as to why it matters what the community likes to play and what not? If something has less people playing it, can you not comment about it? If I save 10 people and shoot 1, are we not allowed to talk about the person I shot because more people would rejoice about the people I saved? Please verify that this is the type of logic that you are using.

You are still, as always, sucking facts (irrelevant ones too) out of your thumb to try and prove a point. While we're debating the color of the sun, you are saying people prefer a white over a yellow moon. How is any of what you said relevant at all?

If you had this conversation with switchblade, I might have actually agreed with you. But automatically assuming that he speaks on my behalf and taking the things he said out of proportion to use against me is completely not the way to try and argue with me.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE speaks on my behalf. Never. Ever.

I apologise though, at the start of this post I hoped it would be shorter now. After typing this entire post, I realise it probably won't be.
What part of me being part of the BF3 community long enough to know what the people want to play and what not, did you not understand? Thats where your fact comes from. You behave like a noob that claims that CO isnt mainly about PVP, yet every vet tells him otherwise.

You claim that you know anything about the game,yet in fact you dont. You only experienced minor features of the game. Stop with trying to claim otherwise.
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 08-23-2013 at 01:55.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 05:14   #10721
Promethean
Registered User
 
Promethean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argleton, England
Posts: 3,926
Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Are you made Deathclaw? because it sure looks like it...
__________________
Retired on Storm server.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 06:43   #10722
CornFlakes:o
Désolé
 
CornFlakes:o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 4,924
CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
school starts next week. hopefully graduate with honros
__________________
A man with pleasure does not mind his chains
His desires fulfilled, he walks gladly through Hell.
Am I so different from you?
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 07:32   #10723
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
I'll shorten it for real this time! Cutting the things that don't require a reply. For those still trying to follow, just skip to the bolded part below for a review of the situation. Either way, I'm going to shorten the conversation every time we post from now on so we I finally get him to the main point, otherwise we've written a book within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
How many times do i have to tell that you have no idea? The bf3 beta had rush and conquest. Of course they would test the modes that people want to play most.

You want numbers?
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/pol...ts&pollid=4076 Conquest is clearly the favorite game mode. Only a minority likes deathmatch, because its simply not what BF is about.


Someone that played the game way longer that you tells that they are minor features of the game. You played minor features, you dont like them and complained about them. Thats a fact. How many times do i have to tell that BF3 is the wrong game for you anyways?

First playing a sequel of a gameseries? Why should they change the basic gameplay if people like? If idiots buy exactly the same game over and over again (COD) then you cannot blame EA for adding only minor features and changing the game here and there. BF4 wont be any different, so stay away of that one.

Then why does everyone that played BF know that conquest is and has been the main mode since the first BF? Dont even dare to say that it could have been different in BF3 if it wasnt any different in 6 BF games! Yet you have not even played conquest. You are obviously a liar bro.

You complained about minor features and made it sound as if it was a big thing. Thats why i posted. The basis of your comment is a joke.


He didnt say what he played when he posted first and yet you backed him up. So you most likely sit in the same boat as someone that calls the game "terrible". As i said the rest is semantics.

What part of me being part of the BF3 community long enough to know what the people want to play and what not, did you not understand? Thats where your fact comes from. You behave like a noob that claims that CO isnt mainly about PVP, yet every vet tells him otherwise.

You claim that you know anything about the game,yet in fact you dont. You only experienced minor features of the game. Stop with trying to claim otherwise.
The hell would I care what was in the beta and what not. I don't play the beta, I'm playing the full game which I purchased.

You are serious with that poll? Have you even looked at it? A 2 year old poll with 60 votes on it is you supplying facts to prove your point? If your poll was accurate, 0 people would be playing deathmatch. How come there are servers packed and packed with people then :/. You are also skipping past the point again. I don't care if you think TDM is popular or not, I just gave my first impression about it. Seems you're still being ignorant.

So? Do I have to care whether they are minor or not? Again, you are still missing the point. I played those modi and made my opinion about them. I never spoke about bf3 in a whole. You don't seem to get it. Your opinions about conquest, rush and all other modes I didn't play during my first impression are irrelevant. When will you understand?

I never said they should change the basic gameplay, here you go assuming again. I'm saying that I expected more from their highly prized "next gen game".

I know what conquest is. Where did I say I didn't know? Again, you seem to be mixing my opinion about the things I experienced with an entire game review. I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

I never made it sound like a big thing, that's just your assumption once more. I even expressed that it was the first impression. I guess you are having difficulties with the language barrier again.


Let's review what I backed up for a moment since you seem to be missing the ball entirely here. Switchblade said in his first post, prior to his other "game review", that he got the game and was excited to try the prized battlefield 3. When he started playing, he was really disappointed in the game. I agreed by adding my negative experiences during my first hours of trying BF3. The first impression means everything, and they didn't even come close to "captivate" me. Broken CO-OP, no solution in sight. No proper team balancing on liniar maps when things really get out of hand, game breaking bugs with the friend list menu glitching, etc. Did I say something about conquest or rush? No. I had yet to get to that as that was my first impression. Yet you come storming in, rushing (hah, pun!) to EA's side to start blaming me for everything and pretty much stating that I have no opinion whatsoever. What is this, Germany 1940? It's not. The criticism I gave was completely valid.

For the love of god, I NEVER SPOKE ABOUT OTHER GAME MODES YOU DUNCE. If you are making a CO comparison, I would be complaining about the fact that I have to press login 20x before it actually logs in, that I'm not synced with other players and that monsters I'm leveling on can't be hit. I never stated the PVP was bad because I didn't get to it, but that doesn't mean all the things I just said aren't true. There, now you have your Conquer comparison. Stop deviating from it.

I never claimed I knew the game completely during that first impression. How do you keep pulling crap out of your ass like that. Quote where I said I knew the game. Christ.


Okay seriously, you stopped making sense throughout this entire post. You aren't even fun to argue with anymore because you just keep making things up. You aren't even replying to my questions or reading my posts at all, but instead you make up new statements and discuss that as if we were discussing that before.

Let me summarise the entire situation again for you. Switchblade and I both purchased the indie bundle and played battlefield 3 for the first time. He was largely disappointed with his first try with the game, so was I. I elaborated as to why I was disappointed, namely the co-op and several modi that didn't work well. I never stated the entire game was bad as I had yet to try the rest before I could fully "review" it. I stated the co-op and the modi I tried were really disappointing.
>enter deathclaw, saying metro is not a map.
>I answer that it is.
>You suddenly start talking about how my opinion is void because I didn't play rush & conquest.
>I say that I was talking about the things I did try and how it disappointed.
>You keep talking how my opinion is void because I didn't try rush & conquest first and that I didn't comment about those modi.

So basically, you just stated that people are not allowed to give their opinion or complain about broken features if they didn't play a certain facet of the game. In my eyes, and everyones imo, that makes no sense whatsoever. Whether they have 1000 good ones or 1 is irrelevant, I discussed the ones that I did play. You keep blabbering about the rest of the game while it has literally nothing to do with what I said.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 08-23-2013 at 08:54.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50   #10724
thehempknight
Your Ruler
 
thehempknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,432
thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
I declare this page the Great Wall of Forums.
__________________
sar
c
a
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 08:49   #10725
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
what, how did the color brackets bug out. That's stupid.

edit: there, fixed!?
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 08-23-2013 at 08:54.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29.


You Rated this Thread: