Old 09-16-2009, 13:44   #16
Clenk~V.8
Banned

Clenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
Scatter is not nearly as strong as tfb. You can't get 1 hit with scatter unless you are low level getting hit by scatter. Archers also dont have other skills like ninjas which are a huge advantage.
-I'm using the taos as an example that they do lose durability when they use magic attacks not complaining about the cost. Taos cannot attack without mana so in that case they are currently balanced, so their hp really isnt an issue.

But in the end im talking about tfb not using up dura on the katana. If it is ment to be that way then all other one handed weapons should not use up dura when using herc, fb, or ss.

Anyways I guess i will just bring this up in the suggestion section since few seem to get what I'm talking about. (Would have been nicer if a mod suggested that first instead bypassing a forum rule etiquette by basically saying: the forum above says what I wanna say. People don't see this yet because they have not found out about ninjas realloting this way.
Ofcourse scatter won't 1 hit someone but a good archer will never be within fb range let alone tfb range. Archers have the advantage on almost every class because of their far superior range.

How are taos balanced when all they need is a gourd and then they go all vita? Why don't you argue that all their items should require so much spirit so they cant have more hp than tros?

It is TQ, they run the game how they want. If they want to have tfb not lose dur, it is their choice. If they want tfb to lose dur, that is their choice. They already have made their choice when they designed the skill. You can go to suggestions and make a suggestion and hope they implement it but it is not a bug and this thread should be closed.

Also CindyZ isn't just a mod, she is a GM. She works for TQ and has direct access to the designers. She normally would have said more or less what I said to begin with but I beat her to it so there was use repeating it.
Clenk~V.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2009, 14:03   #17
Neatfreak

Neatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.8 View Post
Ofcourse scatter won't 1 hit someone but a good archer will never be within fb range let alone tfb range. Archers have the advantage on almost every class because of their far superior range.

How are taos balanced when all they need is a gourd and then they go all vita? Why don't you argue that all their items should require so much spirit so they cant have more hp than tros?

It is TQ, they run the game how they want. If they want to have tfb not lose dur, it is their choice. If they want tfb to lose dur, that is their choice. They already have made their choice when they designed the skill. You can go to suggestions and make a suggestion and hope they implement it but it is not a bug and this thread should be closed.

Also CindyZ isn't just a mod, she is a GM. She works for TQ and has direct access to the designers. She normally would have said more or less what I said to begin with but I beat her to it so there was use repeating it.

Yeah, archers have a good range and if they are good enough they can dodge attacks, but when they fight a ninja with Counter kill, what's the use? And I see direct attack from an archer much more useful on 1 on 1 pvp.
-Taos needing spirt to equip their weapon sounds interesting, and like a good idea, but as taos know, 400 or 800 mp from a magic bottle or gourd is not good enough because you cannot revive with 800 hp if you're a water, and you can only use tornado like 5 times with 800 mp, so spending some spirit points is necessary.

Anyways I din't bring this up to argue about any class, only to bring attention to tfb.
I figured it was a bug since it seemed like a mistake, and TQ updates first then asks players to verify bugs later.

In that case you are right, this thread should be closed.
Thanks for your understanding.
Neatfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2009, 14:18   #18
Clenk~V.8
Banned

Clenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
Yeah, archers have a good range and if they are good enough they can dodge attacks, but when they fight a ninja with Counter kill, what's the use? And I see direct attack from an archer much more useful on 1 on 1 pvp.
-Taos needing spirt to equip their weapon sounds interesting, and like a good idea, but as taos know, 400 or 800 mp from a magic bottle or gourd is not good enough because you cannot revive with 800 hp if you're a water, and you can only use tornado like 5 times with 800 mp, so spending some spirit points is necessary.

Anyways I din't bring this up to argue about any class, only to bring attention to tfb.
I figured it was a bug since it seemed like a mistake, and TQ updates first then asks players to verify bugs later.

In that case you are right, this thread should be closed.
Thanks for your understanding.
Equal gear, the ninja will not 1 hit with CK or even 2 hit. If the ninja can survive the minimum of 6000 damage before the next CK can come off and another 6k before the third CK would come off then sure the ninja could win.

Ever heard of mana bs? My fire has 950 spirit, 150 base from however spirit is the minimum and then 800 from gourd. I have yet to run out of mana when fighting. But waters have to put a big bad 2 more points into spirit so they can have 1k mana with gourd.

Sadly if TQ actually does update first then ask for bugs later, the game would not be able to run since no programmer gets it perfect the first time. And even if that was the case, TQ very seldom actually says something is a bug. Normally they say it isn't a bug.
Old 09-16-2009, 17:04   #19
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This really ain't a bug. Scatter doesn't decrease bow durability and TQ have said more than once that it was meant to be like that. So TwoFoldBlade must of been meant to be like that. Go to suggestion section and make a suggestion.
May I have your bow, please? Scatter decreases dura on all the ones I have used! My friends have the same problem. I've been mostly playing archers ever since I started and never found one that didn't need repairing about as much as the other gear after a plevelling session.

I don't see why any type of attack should fail to decrease weapon dura, sounds like a bug to me.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 09-16-2009, 18:35   #20
Clenk~V.8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
May I have your bow, please? Scatter decreases dura on all the ones I have used! My friends have the same problem. I've been mostly playing archers ever since I started and never found one that didn't need repairing about as much as the other gear after a plevelling session.

I don't see why any type of attack should fail to decrease weapon dura, sounds like a bug to me.
When I quit using archers about 6 months ago, scatter did not decrease durability. A bulked archer on my server who scatters like everything, says he hasn't had to repair his bow since his new archer was finished which was 4 months ago.

It really doesn't matter what it sounds to you since the only effing GM here said it isn't a bug.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05   #21
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
FYI this is a bug that is being called a feature. We all know TQ, live with it

/close
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2009, 12:23   #22
krobars
crydeveno

krobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When I quit using archers about 6 months ago, scatter did not decrease durability. A bulked archer on my server who scatters like everything, says he hasn't had to repair his bow since his new archer was finished which was 4 months ago.

It really doesn't matter what it sounds to you since the only effing GM here said it isn't a bug.
Youre as much of a plank as kvdk, if a gm told you a brick wall was an open door you would knock yourself clean out and still wonder why your not inside the building.
Razgriz~speaks~to~G䆆: nice aimbot
Tibor~speaks~to~G䆆: **** man nice hacks
Lilo~speaks~to~G䆆: I zap because you aimbot
~ZortoN~~speaks~to~G䆆: do you aimbot?
South~speaks~to~G䆆: we know you aimbot
Eldiran~speaks~to~G䆆: my vids will be approved
lare~speaks~to~G䆆: even Zortan said you aimbot
krobars is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35   #23
Clenk~V.8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobars View Post
Youre as much of a plank as kvdk, if a gm told you a brick wall was an open door you would knock yourself clean out and still wonder why your not inside the building.
No because I do know better and that situation I can control. I generally don't agree with CindyZ, but really disagreeing with her over something that is a lose-lose situation is being stubborn and retarded.

I am sorry if I don't pride myself on being a retarded forum goer like you do.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:02   #24
Loobylou
me

Loobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond reputeLoobylou has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobars View Post
LMAO, and it's funny coz it's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post
To stop botting I think TQ made an announcement once in bold all caps. Something like this:

STOP ALL BOTTING NOW

That worked as well as any other attempt it seems.
Loobylou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 05:18   #25
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No because I do know better and that situation I can control. I generally don't agree with CindyZ, but really disagreeing with her over something that is a lose-lose situation is being stubborn and retarded.

Thanks for giving me that kind of comments. But actually, I have tried and are still trying me best to help people on this forum. And I admit that I might not be as good as some of you at things related to this game, but I am trying my best.

About the scatter thing. I also tested it on my own archer. I have killed more than 1500 birdmen and the dura is still max.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:02   #26
Neatfreak

Neatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I tried it on my archer too to test it one more time. I understand why it it doesn't bring down dura for archers because if it did archers would probably have to repair their bow every few minutes which would be a big hassle for p-lvling archers, thats probably why there was never a complaint about it. Bow dura still goes down quick enough with the nomal attack. Thats why it seems off for a ninja to have the same benefits, only on a ninja it has better benefits.

Anyways this thread is in the suggestion section now.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:08   #27
krobars
crydeveno

krobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond reputekrobars has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

No, you just denying the truth, and hate the fact I have the balls to tell you every single reason why you get outsmarted by a used tea bag.

I mean do you even know what logic is?

btw dont try that lose lose BS with me, try feeding that **** to someone as mentally dense as you, if possible cos I dont buy that as an excuse or a reason.

let me give you an example, saying tfb not draining dura is part of the game is like a boxer getting kicking in the balls and the ref saying "its all part of the game"

Its just stupid and you trying to justify your reason is pointless, oh and watch out for that brick wall k.

EDIT:
Sorry for getting angry at you cindy, but sometimes I get the feeling you just couldnt care less, but then again I only seem to notice you and lotak so you must be doing something right.

but saying things like "its part of the game" and thats it,

I would expect something like:

"well that does sound very wrong, it should drain durability in all logic and fairness so I will forward this to xxx person and hopefully we can get something done or perhaps a reason as to why it may be a feature"

But thats my own (low to say the least) expectation which im learning to totally abandon.

Final EDIT: colour for the wall of txt =_=
Razgriz~speaks~to~G䆆: nice aimbot
Tibor~speaks~to~G䆆: **** man nice hacks
Lilo~speaks~to~G䆆: I zap because you aimbot
~ZortoN~~speaks~to~G䆆: do you aimbot?
South~speaks~to~G䆆: we know you aimbot
Eldiran~speaks~to~G䆆: my vids will be approved
lare~speaks~to~G䆆: even Zortan said you aimbot

Last edited by krobars; 09-18-2009 at 10:19.
krobars is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 10:56   #28
Neatfreak

Quote:
let me give you an example, saying tfb not draining dura is part of the game is like a boxer getting kicking in the balls and the ref saying "its all part of the game"
Thats how I thought about the problem as well, which is why I got upset at CindyZ. Though, I know CindyZ wishes best for everyone.

-I wish this was a bug, because not many people seem to care about this yet.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:02   #29
randeh
☺☼۞۝۞☼☺

randeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to randeh Send a message via Yahoo to randeh
o_o;

what a whiney thread lol x_x;

1 its always been a fact that an archers bow wont lose dura while scatting; only when directly attacking.

2 katanas will lose dura by directly hitting people/mobs, but not when using 2f (which i honestly didnt even notice and im 130-130-134 pure ninja lol), but it didnt surprise me to hear about it o_o;

theres only 3 solutions to be had here:

1 make the statement that katanas are like bows and are different than other 1handers (which would be a seriously poor cop-out)

2 make it so fast blading and scent swording doesnt lower the dura of the weapons since those are ranged skills like scatter and 2f (yes 2f is ranged - its able to be used farther away than 2hander skills like snow/etc). this sounds more fair to me ;p

3 make scatter and 2f cause dura reduction (also makes sense but will probably piss off a bunch of archers and ninjas, but i doubt it would be that terrible). the only people who would care are people who hp bug since repair costs arent very much to people who can afford the high enough equipment that cost moar to repair.

screw hp buggers, i vote #2. my ninja was katana and it had 11.5k hp with stats all the way correct. i restatted hoping for more hp, so now my ninja is statted as a trojan so i could hold my +10 130 spear for a few more bp than my katanas gave, and after adding all the stats i was dissapointed because it only went up to around 12.5k hp. my servers bulker-bullies have 16.5k+ hp because they can afford the dbs to restat every time they need to, which is bull****.

k my thoughts ;p lol

Casually playing CO again between work & Tera (Randeh - 60 Sorc MT 168 iLvl - hit me up) :3

Great Wall
randy- 140 pure water (formerly wakeke)
wham - 137 tro-tro-tro-water-war-tro-war-water-war-archer
randeh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 11:27   #30
Neatfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeh View Post
o_o;

what a whiney thread lol x_x;

1 its always been a fact that an archers bow wont lose dura while scatting; only when directly attacking.

2 katanas will lose dura by directly hitting people/mobs, but not when using 2f (which i honestly didnt even notice and im 130-130-134 pure ninja lol), but it didnt surprise me to hear about it o_o;

theres only 3 solutions to be had here:

1 make the statement that katanas are like bows and are different than other 1handers (which would be a seriously poor cop-out)

2 make it so fast blading and scent swording doesnt lower the dura of the weapons since those are ranged skills like scatter and 2f (yes 2f is ranged - its able to be used farther away than 2hander skills like snow/etc). this sounds more fair to me ;p

3 make scatter and 2f cause dura reduction (also makes sense but will probably piss off a bunch of archers and ninjas, but i doubt it would be that terrible). the only people who would care are people who hp bug since repair costs arent very much to people who can afford the high enough equipment that cost moar to repair.

screw hp buggers, i vote #2. my ninja was katana and it had 11.5k hp with stats all the way correct. i restatted hoping for more hp, so now my ninja is statted as a trojan so i could hold my +10 130 spear for a few more bp than my katanas gave, and after adding all the stats i was dissapointed because it only went up to around 12.5k hp. my servers bulker-bullies have 16.5k+ hp because they can afford the dbs to restat every time they need to, which is bull****.

k my thoughts ;p lol
If solution number 3 were to take place, only katanas should lose dura not bows. Most archers know about this, while as for katanas, most ninjas don't know that tfb doesn't use up dura, not even you did. So how can this make tons of ninjas angry?

I'm stating it is unfair for ninjas to have 16k hp without having to use up dbs often to reallot while other characters would need to waste a lot of dbs to gor through the process of repairing weapons and then realloting with 16k hp again.

Btw, what do you mean hp bug? Are you referring to 16k hp as being a bug? Because it isn't.

Tfb is not a bug anyways as CindyZ confirmed so this discussion shoud be under the same thread in the suggestion section. We cannot persuade TQ that their own choice was a bug afterall, unfortunately. At least we can try and persuade TQ to change it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: