Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 09:39   #1
.FreedomWarrior
Nipah~

.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to .FreedomWarrior
Lottery....worth it..?!

Hi, im consederind to spend my 5 DB's in lotto, so i wanna know what are the chances getting something good. Please post your resoults in lotto (how often u play, do u use some special methods, anything that could help me )

So, I have 5 DB's = 1075/27 = 39 times in lotto, have to buy 5 more CP's for 40. I'm thinking of splitting the Cp's to 4 chars (I have 2 PC's @ home so im gonna go in lotto with my 4 chars together), I heard when many ppl do one thing the luck increases...
So is this method best to get something good...? I'm not looking for something special, just wanna win some equal or better items of 5 DB's.
Oh, and what's with the time is there some special good-luck times ?
Comon say something... is it worth it...or something...cuz i'm not a DB buyer and if i'll get some serios **** in lotto i'll gues i'll .......... quit.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Status: "Quited" for an uncertain amount of time. I have invested far to much time to just forget about this game.
Character: Level 138 Ninja-Warr-Tro around 310 BP
DBs bought: 0 - constant
.FreedomWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 09:46   #2
Calistoo
Banned

Calistoo is a glorious beacon of lightCalistoo is a glorious beacon of lightCalistoo is a glorious beacon of lightCalistoo is a glorious beacon of lightCalistoo is a glorious beacon of lightCalistoo is a glorious beacon of light
as a tao i wont a elite +8 bag now its a super soc spg +8 bag.. but other then that nah not worth it.. spent to many dbs.
Calistoo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 09:48   #3
.FreedomWarrior
Nipah~

.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute.FreedomWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
k thx
anyone else...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Status: "Quited" for an uncertain amount of time. I have invested far to much time to just forget about this game.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:18   #4
Oezu
Rawr?

Oezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond reputeOezu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Oezu Send a message via Yahoo to Oezu
Its the lottery, the odds are greatly against you.

Oezu (***9794;)
Water-Warrior-Trojan ***8801; 130-131-120
241 Potency (221 without mentor)

Server: Basilisk
[Started playing on 09/11/07 || Stopped playing on 26/10/08]
Oezu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 10:46   #5
.FreedomWarrior
Nipah~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oezu View Post
Its the lottery, the odds are greatly against you.
damn... :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01   #6
Red or Green
S.A.K.E.

Red or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond reputeRed or Green has a reputation beyond repute
I have lots of friends who do lotto and buy dbs. I don't lotto, don't buy dbs, market and do quests.

1 year later....

I am full soc and have other non weap soc gears in the +4 to +6 range.

They have +3 to +4 gear and a maybe 1-2 non weapon socs.

Hopefully this will stop you from doing lotto.

If you decide you can afford to lose the dbs, then lotto.

Otherwise don't. You may win something good, but in the long run it's a losing situation.

MacSeoin's: Calculators
HTA/Sumeshi:Lab Guide
HTA:Damage/Exp Superman Guide
SioKanla:War Guide
PhoenixFire:Money Making
Warrior Farm
Mentor Guide/Rules
Red or Green is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01   #7
IslandMan

IslandMan is on a distinguished road
When lotto first started, I won some worthwhile swag; 2 soc ears...some soc tao stuff....+4 stones...etc...etc...

At a certain point I was way ahead In value of winnings to cp's gambled.

I stopped trying about 5 months ago, when my winnings were the pits. Seems like the prizes won, have cooled down considerably. But in saying that, I saw someone win a soc ring and a soc armour in 2 tries.

- Helen Keller
IslandMan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01   #8
buuze
Quit!

buuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond reputebuuze has a reputation beyond repute
Only do lottery if you can afford to lose the dragonballs. If they are all you have, just buy items with them.
Buuze ....... 128-130 ....... Archer-Archer

Quit! Talismans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just|n USA
What does it mean to farm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR-LESS-FACE
When water taos use their magic powers to irrigate crops and grow them to 10ft tall apples that they sell to the black market because it has magical powers to make someone have seven pokemon instead of six but nobody buys it because the apple is too big for circus elephants to remember.
buuze is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 11:36   #9
.FreedomWarrior
Nipah~

Quote:
Originally Posted by buuze View Post
Only do lottery if you can afford to lose the dragonballs. If they are all you have, just buy items with them.
Cant buy much 5 DB's only 200kk and well thats nothin nowdays, and yes 5 DB's is all i have , I'm only asking this because i don't feel like playing CO that much, I just tought that i will win something good and that would save me time getting good gears by hard work.... I gues I'm too addicted to CO to quit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46   #10
Sagar1n

Sagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond reputeSagar1n has a reputation beyond repute
200K might not seem like much, but after a few minutes doing the lottery, the most likely scenario is that you'll only have a few class 1-4 moneybags, a few xp pots and balls, the odd penitence ammy, some fruit baskets and disguise ammys, some +1 to +3 stones one or two different ref gems and a raging desire to smash your computer screen.

Alternatively, you could use that 200k to buy stuff in the market to resell and increase it over time. Or you could buy an item you need to help yourself level. It doesn't have to be the absolute best quality item, just reasonably good. Super items are not essential, and end up draining you of additional resources as you level up.

I think the fastest character to level up to rb at the moment is a warrior. They also have slightly cheaper equipment.
Sagar1n is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 11:51   #11
theRationalOne

theRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by .FreedomWarrior View Post
Cant buy much 5 DB's only 200kk and well thats nothin nowdays, and yes 5 DB's is all i have , I'm only asking this because i don't feel like playing CO that much, I just tought that i will win something good and that would save me time getting good gears by hard work.... I gues I'm too addicted to CO to quit
Too be honest your probably better off selling the DBs and using the money to invest in marketing (buy low, sell high). If you can leave your computer on 24/7 and always have a market char online.. That is probably the way to go.

You could get really lucky in the lotto... Sometimes it pays off. But a lot of times you won't even break even. For example, every time you win an item that is worth less than an exp ball (or how much they charge for 27cps in gold on your server) then you are losing money. Yesterday I played it three times and won a met, +1 stone and a RRG. And a RRG is worth about 500-800k less than an exp ball/27cps on my server. So I basically lost two exp balls worth of cash from doing the lotto. It is a major gamble, I could have won something great.. But I didn't. ^^
theRationalOne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 12:46   #12
.FreedomWarrior
Nipah~

Hmm I see ... well i'll think of something , thanks for your advices I really value them high
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Old 01-25-2008, 12:57   #13
Arcturus1972
Glow Worm

Arcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond reputeArcturus1972 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Arcturus1972
Over time, I've probably spent about 100 db's in lotto... In that time the only things good I won were:

+8 Tao cap
1 soc Tao coat
Class 8 money bag (gone in 1-2 days thanks to upgrading equips)
1 Soc elite necky

Numerous Ref gems
Dozens of Exp pots and balls
A dozen pent ammys - used 1-2, saved 4 and sold the rest for 10-15kk
Countless fruit baskets and disguise ammys...

In all, if your seriously thinking about continuing with CO, level your char with exp balls or sell the db's and level your gear.

Just fyi, if I get a extra db, I might go into lotto once or twice a month, but no more than that... Not even worth it.

If the "bug" costs TQ money, it gets fixed. If it only inconviences the players, it becomes an "added feature".
Arcturus1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 13:30   #14
HmLoser

HmLoser is a name known to allHmLoser is a name known to allHmLoser is a name known to allHmLoser is a name known to allHmLoser is a name known to allHmLoser is a name known to all
Thumbs up My Winnings

I have spent roughly around 80dbs playing the lottery. I started a new character on Pegasus server and luckily made a uni socket coro from upgrading. This happened during the month of May, 2007. Well sold the soc coro for 10dbs cuz it was like a rare socket on a new server =D. I used those 10dbs to lotto.

Here are my winnings from my first lotto experience to now:

Quantity Item
2 1-soc elite tao robe (my first big win)
1 1-soc elite archer coat
1 1-soc elte bracelet
2 1-soc elite bag
1 2-soc elite archer coat (my biggest win)
1 1-soc elite warrior helm
1 1-soc elite boots
1 2-soc elite club
1 2-soc elite sword
1 Elite LongHammer +8
1 Super Attack Ring
1 Super Shield
1 Super Loyal Sword
1 Super Tortoise Gem
1 Class 10 moneybag (300 mil)
6 Praying Stone (small)
Alot Experience Pots, Experience Balls
9-10 Clean Waters
4-5 Black Tulip
1 Dark Wizard
1 Blue Dream

I also won too many penitence amulet, fruit baskets, class 3 moneybag and lower, refine gems and meteors to count

My advice is if you can handle losing 5 dbs then go for lotto. Don't Lotto all at once because I have tried that once and end up losing 4 dbs and the best thing i got out of it was a black tulip. I switch around 5 characters to lotto and I only go in twice and if i dont win anything good from those two tries I go some other time. (Good for me is something that is broadcasted to the whole server and does not include class4 moneybag) I usually play when I see someone go in and play a whole db without winning. In my server I have tons of people that keep goin in till the used up 10 tries within 2minutes. My theory is that if 4-5 people go in and used up 10 times without winning something great then something good is bound to pop up. (Theory works sometimes and fails me poorly at other times) I hope my advice helps you and though 200kk may not get you any socket uber items but it will get you a super item at least and that in my opinion is good enough for a start.

Gambler after all is about taking risks. Some people believe that the odds are always against you, but i happen to be a little too optimistic and believe that I can strike it rich. Lol up to you really.
Level - 119 (in training)
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;

Lotto Freak! =D Addicted and I cannot stop!

Last edited by HmLoser; 01-25-2008 at 13:32.
HmLoser is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2008, 14:01   #15
Rehehelly

Rehehelly is on a distinguished road
I've only ever won exp pots, class 2 money bags and some lifefruitbaskets.

so not worth it imo, if you have 200kk then buy some items at a low value (SDG @ low perhappsss?) then sell high
Rehehelly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: