Old 09-01-2017, 15:12   #1
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Balance overview awesome for a few, a step in the right direction for others.

This post is just to address the upcoming balance patch of the game and what is needed to be done in regards to balance etc. This does not include the many mechanic updates that could be done to make gameplay smoother. Thanks for reading and your support. Again, If you want to see any of the things done in the second post on this thread or want to bring tq's attention to this post please Message the GMS/Helpdesk/Post this link on their facebook. Thank you all, lets continue to improve the game together as a community.

Going through the skills and updates and in-depth analysis of the skills for the upcoming patch with graphics etc. I'll start with the good
  • Water Taoist - This class has just become the epitome of balanced and will receive the most out of the upcoming patch. (that I can see) That said, I hope hp doesn't get a huge increase in the future or we'll be back at where we started with low healing spells not doing enough. I would have preferred they made the healing spells do a % instead of a set number to avoid this, but I digress. That said, this is going to separate the bad waters from the good. Water has just become the most micro intensive class in the game. No more spamming revive, you're going to have to switch from heals to shields, to bombs, to dragon roar, back to heal to revive etc depending on your skill build.

Water Taoist Yuqing tactics (new skills) - To their own as the center of a wide range of attack spells, consumption of 10 points of physical strength
- I have no idea what this means, some kind of shield or something? Honestly no clue.

Cure - Max level heal increased from 400 to 8000

Advanced Cure - Max level heal increased from 900 to 12,000

Healing Rain - Full mana cost reduced from 500 to 50; Max level heal increased from 500 to 8500

Nectar - Full mana cost reduced from 500 to 300; Max level heal increased from 1000 to 12000

Meditation - Mana recovery from 310 to 5000; full mana recovery from 1020 to 10,000

Azura Shield - Stamina Cost from 30 to 20; full effect from 12000 damage absorption to 50000

Water Elf - According to the skill level, after the transformation of the Final Damage bonus from 0 to 2000 ~ 8000; Max Life increased from 1048 ~ 2088 to 50000 ~ 150000

Divine Hare - According to the skill level, after the transfiguration of the life limit from 3000, to 50000 ~ 100000 (May or may not be weak/strong/op depending on the overall defense of DH after the patch).

• Fire Taoist - This patch kills the pure fire build, I just got done hyping it up with the burst combo etc. With no clear upgrade to Heavens Blade and Fire met getting a big cast time buff with accuracy increase Fire Met will now be > Heavens blade due to accuracy, as well as, no stamina cost. Dwar-war-fire seem to be the best builds as of now (Dwar for lower bp players, Pirate possibly for higher).

Fire Meteor - Cast time reduced from 1.5 seconds to 0.6 seconds; hit rate from 75% to 80%

Fire Ring / Fire Ball - Cast time reduced from 1.5 seconds to 0.6 seconds; full level damage from 1010 to 2000 - This doesn't make any sense as fireball has a max damage of 2800 not 1010. The only thing I can figure is tq forgot there as an upgrade version of fire ring called fire ball as before the "evolution" into Fire Ball, Fire Ring has 1010 max damage.

Fire Circle - Casting time from 1.8 seconds to instantaneous - This is one of my suggestions I had on my balance thread and am happy to see it. Fire's are going to do good things in team fights now that are going for points.
  • Pirate

Scurvy Bomb -Stamina cost is reduced from 20 to 0; the CD is reduced from 15 seconds to 5 seconds
  • Monk - Didn't need much of a buff and didn't receive one, got 10% more on their WWK and a pve damage buff with epics.
Wrath of the Emperor - Increases the maximum damage to monsters by 800%

Whirl Wind Kick - Highest damage increased to 100% from 90%.
  • Trojan - Good start, but not far enough. Still not enough to pick em over a WW/DW. I'm not saying they need a damage buff, the little bit smaller damage vs the hp they get is a fair trade. What's not is the Stamina regen WW/Dwar have vs troj. This is why they are still stronger. Not sure who thought by making DragonWhirlWind cost 0 Stam that this would get trojans to go pure. Unless DWW is getting a big damage buff then it won't happen. Stig/reflect etc you have to give up for a 5 second 0 cost 115% max damage skill is not worth it. If they get some kind of passive/active stam regen THEN tro will be on par with ww/Dwar. We'll see what happens.
Hercules - Full-level damage from 90% to 105%

DragonWhirlWind - Stamina Cost from 30 to 0; Max level Cool Down from 0 seconds to 5 seconds

Fast Blade - The attack range is raised from a straight line of 4-8 to a constant 11 grid

Scent Sword - The attack range is raised from a straight line of 4-8 to a constant 11 grid

Spirit Healing - Physical exertion reduced from 100 to 30; life recovery from 1300 to 50000

Golem - According to the skill level, after the transfiguration Max life from 50000 to 280,000 to 500000. - While decent going to need some defense added that's like a 1-2 shot if it has the same defense as the current Golem does.

• Warrior
Speed Gun - Max damage increased from 210% to 300%
  • Assassin
Blistering Waves - Stamina is reduced from 30 to 25
  • Other Updates
Night Devil - According to the skill level, after the transfiguration, the -final Mattack will be enhanced from 0 to 2000 ~ 6000; Max Life from 4000 to 100000

http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=761506

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 09-01-2017 at 18:37.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2017, 15:14   #2
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Balance Issues still needing addressed that were not listed here Translated Balance Patch Notes Coming Soon.
  • Trojan
As I said above trojan needs some sort of passive stamina regen that's not restored when you miss, but over time or activated with a CD. The damage of the class doesn't need a buff anymore as they have the HP the other two classes "Dwar/WW" do not have, however, without stamina they are not up to par with the others. Also, Cruel Shade needs looked at.
  • Warrior

Just going to copy and paste from my other thread, while Epic warrior is strong Pure warrior is still a weak ***** with a VERY bad stamina pool. This needs to be addressed before you start seeing players think about playing that class again.

*For all classes change shield proficiency from +8% attack to +8% defense.

Increase damage of Viperfang/DragonTail from 115% to 135% damage. Range 6 to 11 paces.

Increase damage of Vortex 90% to 115% and stam from 30 to 20.

Charge stamina from 50 to 10.

Block from 50 stam to 0 stam with a 30 second cool down, durations still 60seconds at max.

2hander requirements from 176str to 176 agility<for meles and keeps the hp balance.
  • Fire Taoist

Again step in right direction, still more needed to be done.

Add in 20% max break refinery for backsword, there is currently no break for taoist backsword and this is a big balance issue.

Heaven Blade remove stamina cost & miss chance

Dodge: Needs to be buffed to have a chance to dodge all targeted damage such as mele attack and targeted skills like how it use to be able to dodge archers arrows before the "Final DMG " was added into the game it is now completely useless minus fighting against monks/pirates/ any mele with agility dependent hit. It could also be scrapped and changed into a stigma for magic damage. This would be 100% awesome as there's no stig for mattack and to go this build you have to sacrifice defense "xp shield & reflect".

The Skill Bomb needs to be updated.

Allow hossu to be double socketed.

Change Backsword Proficiency from +8% pattack damage to +16% mattack
  • Water Taoist
The class has everything its needed and wanted. The only few small things that need to be looked at now are Invisibility, prevade, and the Magic Bat Xp Skill.
  • Ninja
Only one thing is really needed to be fixed and that is Poison Star. Especially with the heal buffs this could be a viable solution posted below.

Ninja: Poison Star: Reduces the amount that potions heal/mana regen by half. CP pots go from 10k per potion it goes to 5k. Life pot 7 to 3.5k Mana potions the same.
  • Pirate & Archer

Both have epics still to come, so hopefully, that'll address any concerns.
  • Dragon Warrior, Monk, Windwalker

These classes skills are all useful and great and nothing is needed to be done about any of them.

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 09-01-2017 at 18:20.
Old 09-01-2017, 16:10   #3
*~BeLLaDonna~*

*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute
Hello and thank you Returning =)

You just answered the question I posted in another thread about fire taos ^_^
Sake - Most noob
*~BeLLaDonna~* is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2017, 16:14   #4
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~BeLLaDonna~* View Post
Hello and thank you Returning =)

You just answered the question I posted in another thread about fire taos ^_^
Hey, no problem just trying to help out and give an in depth analysis of what's to come, and what is still needed to be done.

Old 09-01-2017, 16:38   #5
aff

aff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond reputeaff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
[size="4"]FIRST POST.
Just to make sure, this is the upcoming updates, right? Not just speculation?
aff is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2017, 16:41   #6
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff View Post
Just to make sure, this is the upcoming updates, right? Not just speculation?
Correct, you can check the link at the top of the second post there they are confirmed changes.

The second post is what is still needed, but as I said it's a step in the right direction especially for Water Taoist.

Old 09-01-2017, 16:41   #7
talkdjenttome

talkdjenttome is on a distinguished road
Scurvy bomb is the one that gonna be buffed, not gale bomb. ( since they only mentioned one and i've found out it's scurvy bomb).

Feihong printing snow ( Blistering waves ) stamina consumption is reduced to 25.

Stunning shot ( Speed Gun ) damage will increase to 300%.
talkdjenttome is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2017, 16:43   #8
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkdjenttome View Post
Scurvy bomb is the one that gonna be buffed, not gale bomb. ( since they only mentioned one and i've found out it's scurvy bomb).

Feihong printing snow ( Blistering waves ) stamina consumption is reduced to 25.

Stunning shot ( Speed Gun ) damage will increase to 300%.
Ah alright thanks, ill update the post.

Old 09-01-2017, 18:16   #9
Alek3
/fit/

Alek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlek3 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd argue what trojans need more so than the stamina regen is a skill to allow them to chain/combo like ninjas and DWs can to make them more viable. Something akin to airkick, maybe.

edit: I agree with you that it is a step in the right direction, though. The range update on fb/ss is definitely needed and I'm glad it happened.
Old 09-01-2017, 18:25   #10
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alek3 View Post
I'd argue what trojans need more so than the stamina regen is a skill to allow them to chain/combo like ninjas and DWs can to make them more viable. Something akin to airkick, maybe.

edit: I agree with you that it is a step in the right direction, though. The range update on fb/ss is definitely needed and I'm glad it happened.
I don't think they need it. Honestly, if they give them a stam skill they will be balanced to a point where those that are pro at fb chaining can rock them without much of a problem; for everyone else who needs an airkick they can go Dwar. Windwalker has no chaining ability either so it's more of a skill based class with a better xp skill and a bit more pve dmg than Dwar. Tro could use a PVE buff that much I agree with since they're dead last in pve just above Water Taoist.

Honestly, they could change cruel shade and have it steal a percent or set amount of stamina from another player. That would be a good and interesting change for those who wanted to go that route.

Last edited by Returning; 09-01-2017 at 18:27.
Old 09-01-2017, 23:32   #11
USER1_74

USER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond repute
speed gun 300%.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
I don't think they need it. Honestly, if they give them a stam skill they will be balanced to a point where those that are pro at fb chaining can rock them without much of a problem; for everyone else who needs an airkick they can go Dwar. Windwalker has no chaining ability either so it's more of a skill based class with a better xp skill and a bit more pve dmg than Dwar. Tro could use a PVE buff that much I agree with since they're dead last in pve just above Water Taoist.

Honestly, they could change cruel shade and have it steal a percent or set amount of stamina from another player. That would be a good and interesting change for those who wanted to go that route.
very impressive!
also azure shield sound OP 50k
fire circle istant good for glass cannon
sad for HB and nado no buff
ty for post
+12 super 2x STG fan -1
+12 super 2x SGG tower -1
+12 super 2 SDG FISTS -7 (perm P7)
+12 super 2 SDG -7% ring (perm P7)
+12 super 2 SDG -7% armor (perm P7)
+12 super 2 SDG -7% cap (perm P7)
+12 super 2 SDG -7% necky (perm P7)
+12 super 2 SDG -7% boots (perm P7 DS)
+12 super crop -1
+12 steed (zebra) -1
+12 Wings 2super gems
-1 miracolus gourd
USER1_74 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2017, 08:07   #12
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
My thoughts on the balance changes:

Water tao - Has had the most number of "balances" but does not significantly improve the class. Why waste your time casting healing spells when you/your team already use a macropot? The only really significant change here is for the lower level PK action where 50k azure shield may be a bit tough to break. Buffing healing spells are only worth it if you decreased the HP from pots, but then everyone will be straight up one-two hits.

Fire tao - No one uses those skills so it doesn't make a difference.

Pirate - Balancing change only affects pure pirates. Not enough to balance out the class.

Monk - WWK boost is a nice little point scoring addition for team pk.

Trojan - Old schoolers will appreciate the FB/SS changes, but this doesn't make the class viable.

Warrior - 300% is pretty sick. Probably the best change out there if people are still using shield + two handers rather than the epic weps.

Assassin - Skill is only used for PVE so kinda useless.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:57   #13
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post

Water tao - Has had the most number of "balances" but does not significantly improve the class. Why waste your time casting healing spells when you/your team already use a macropot? The only really significant change here is for the lower level PK action where 50k azure shield may be a bit tough to break. Buffing healing spells are only worth it if you decreased the HP from pots, but then everyone will be straight up one-two hits.

Pirate - Balancing change only affects pure pirates. Not enough to balance out the class.

Trojan - Old schoolers will appreciate the FB/SS changes, but this doesn't make the class viable.

Warrior - 300% is pretty sick. Probably the best change out there if people are still using shield + two handers rather than the epic weps.

I agree to most of this except fire no one uses those spells because they're garbage the buff on met might make people use it more I still think it should have 100% accuracy but oh well. I agree no one is still going to use fire ring unless it does something else. Fire circle though will be the new foh with more AOE damage so good when fighting multiple people, also hides shadow from those who use them for fb.

Water I think it's going to change the meta honestly. People are going to be spamming heals and I think teams will run, or should run 2 Waters for sure one with azura shield the other with dragon roar. The better water players will definitely stand out from the ones that are just spamming revive now.

The rest of it I put above but mostly agrees with your condensed version.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:30   #14
talkdjenttome

talkdjenttome is on a distinguished road
I've thoughts of how this update can make melee water taos OP once again.
talkdjenttome is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2017, 10:10   #15
AzNtHuGsTa

AzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post

I agree, waters shouldn't be getting a buff with healing spells. They should probably get a skill that improves defense more than the current magic shield. Also, if tq is going to be buffing healing spells, then they should make it so that it heals for a percentage of the targets health.

I'd say that trojans passive should be the other way around so that they don't lose stamina when they hit with fb/ss, but people are so terrible at fb/ss that they should make it so trojans gain like 20-50 stamina each time they hit with ss. So buff damage to 135 pct and increase range, but when you land a hit stamina doesn't go down but goes up.

I think Wind Walker needs a nerf. Just remove the 100 pct full stamina bar when they get xp skill and they would be fixed. Also remove the stamina bug where you don't run out of stamina ever in cs arena.

Fires should be allowed to use a hossu with a 1 handed weapon. Example: Poison blade. Then they would be more fun. or dual wield weapons.

Last edited by AzNtHuGsTa; 09-02-2017 at 10:16.
AzNtHuGsTa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: