Old 07-09-2017, 16:15   #1
TDB|BlaZinG

TDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond repute
Absolute joke TQ.

Just got banned for suspected bot activity...I was using the auto-hunt feature, so yeah, that may be it.

At least show a modicum of intelligence before banning players for using YOUR OWN AUTO FEATURE.

****ing retards.
TDB|BlaZinG is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2017, 19:40   #2
Kachun

Kachun is on a distinguished road
Did you get a 1 day ban or a permanent one?
Kachun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2017, 22:57   #3
TDB|BlaZinG

TDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond reputeTDB|BlaZinG has a reputation beyond repute
Thankfully just one day. Thought how am I supposed to believe it won't be a longer ban next time I use the auto-hunt?

Makes me realise how much this game has gone to ****.
TDB|BlaZinG is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2017, 03:49   #4
Kachun

The one day ban means a cheating tool or behaviour was found on your pc.

Its best to make sure your conquer install was fully clean (by deleting the folder after uninstalling)

Also make sure to scan your computer with various virusscanners, emsisoft and comodo provide free portable scanners.

It could also be caused by having macro apps installed
Old 07-10-2017, 07:02   #5
Shimek

Shimek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachun View Post
The one day ban means a cheating tool or behaviour was found on your pc.

Its best to make sure your conquer install was fully clean (by deleting the folder after uninstalling)

Also make sure to scan your computer with various virusscanners, emsisoft and comodo provide free portable scanners.

It could also be caused by having macro apps installed
Bull****, few days ago i got 1 day ban for my useless noob who sitting at the market 24h/7days, meanwhile i had opened 2 accs on hunt and i got this only on noob seller. So don't tell me i should scan computer/laptop to find any viruses, or just reinstall game 1238192381 times, cause this anti-bot system is joke =>
Old 07-10-2017, 11:19   #6
Kachun

Disclaimer: there is some guesswork here as only ND knows how i really works.

TL;DR there might be false positives but in my experience something happend on the pc that caused the ban. Corruption, virus, maybe even the antivirus doing some unwanted behaviour.

Main post starts here:

1 day bans are most likely the result of a heuristic trigger instead of a signature trigger.

So the system detected something that looks like cheating but its not confident enough to issue a perm ban. It does this probably because of the risk of false positives.

That said in the 13 years i have played this game it has not occured on the many systems i played it on. I do however always make sure the system is stable and as malware free as possible.

Some have said that if the computer gets really busy lagging out the client that has the least activity around it might trigger an input burst that the anti-bot system flags as a macro cheat. I have tested this myself by opening 3 clients on a very old and very slow pc, with 2 chars on autohunt and 1 on market framerate can down very low and the auto hunters might disconnect leaving the market char connected. It didnt ever ban me so i cannot say.

PS: Open a ticket with tq to tell them the ban is bogus if you really believe that.

Last edited by Kachun; 07-10-2017 at 11:23.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:47   #7
Master_Zero
Flavio

Master_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDB|BlaZinG View Post
Thankfully just one day. Thought how am I supposed to believe it won't be a longer ban next time I use the auto-hunt?

Makes me realise how much this game has gone to ****.
i got the same banned.. in 3 accounts for no reason.. i opened a ticket and they told its AUTOCLICK haha.. this is a ****ing joke... i reinstalled the game and all fixed.. but i lost 2 days to figure that out.. and lost 2 tournaments.. TQ is a joke with those anti-bot system.. they cant get the botters and **** us

EDIT: THAT MAY HELP>>>My folder date is 2010 so that maybe the problem (old version always updated).. or its because when i upgraded my windows i just used the same folder to play conquer so i dont have the game on control panel..

Anyway TQ should really be a lil more careful with those anti bot system and hire a good security company coz they sucks on that job.
fire-fire-fire
130-130-140

------------------
------------------
Old Server Phoenix - Venus/Mars

Last edited by Master_Zero; 07-10-2017 at 11:54.
Master_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2017, 12:05   #8
Kachun

Thanks Master_Zero for reminding me why most of or maybe all of the non malware related false positive bans occur.

When the client gets updated the updater blindy throws the new/changed files into the conquer folder.
-It does not check if the files are written at all
-it does not verify integrity of any files
-it does not delete unused old files

This leads to corruption over time just by updating. Then on top of that there is bitrot that slowly damages files too.

The client has no self-verification outside of whatever the anti-bot checks so the client doesnt know about the corruption either. Some are harmless others trigger a ban.

When anything strange happens in your client or you recieve a ban uninstalling and deleting the conquer folder. Then downloading the newest full client and letting that auto-update itself is pretty much mandatory to ensure corruption was not the issue.

I personally do this at least once every 3 months and sooner if there is any issue in the game ( I always do it before reporting a bug for example)

If nd changed the client and updater to include (self) verification this issue wouldnt be happening so often

Last edited by Kachun; 07-10-2017 at 12:20.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:15   #9
Master_Zero
Flavio

Master_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Zero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Having an old folder is definately part of the issue.

You see the updater adds files but does not delete them, also files can be corrupted over time by bitrot and the game wont know it until the anti-bot detects at some point.

I personally do a full clean install (completely deleting the folder) every few months or sooner if i see any issues in game. I download the latest full client and let that auto update itself.
when do u play a game, u as a "customer" dont have to worry about how mess is the folders or the archives.. if tq screw up like they always do.. they must fix it and not tell we are to blame.

If every update they do we must do a clean install of the game, We'll be spending most of our time installing conquer than playing it.. i download the game in 5min and their ****ty "installer" took around 20min to install it..

i already have to worry about my passwords.. scams in the game.. botters..aimboter.. and like 100 other things if we start to worry about how ****ty is their anti-bot system... its like im doing their jobs and not enjoying the game at all, dont u agree??

(my english isnt perfect but should be enough)
fire-fire-fire
130-130-140

------------------
------------------
Old 07-10-2017, 12:19   #10
Master_Zero
Flavio

Quote:
as you can see from what i wrote the problem is not the anti-bot but with the update system and the lack of an integrity-check.
anti-bot or integrity check.. dont u think that is not our problem?

i mean ok.. the integrity check may be the problem but their ****ty anti-bot system cant even catch the botters (at least not in my server coz we are still full of them there) and they can "catch me" with their ****ty update or with their lack of integrity check?

i want play "safely" without botters and not having to worry about TQ's lack of knowloge on how they do their work...
fire-fire-fire
130-130-140

------------------
------------------

Last edited by Master_Zero; 07-10-2017 at 12:23.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:27   #11
Kachun

I completely rewrote my post, please read it again.

What is known about the anti-bot is that it uses a system quite similar to antivirus.

This means it has signatures for known botting apps and also heuristics for detecting botting behavior.

The bots you are seeing running around on your server are not in the signatures list and are carefully designed to avoid the heuristics detection.

ND doesnt seem to want to make the heuristics check stricter and nobody who has the botting app is letting it leak to ND for inclusion in the signatures.

All that remains is for honest players to use video and screencaptures to report the individual accounts involved
Old 07-10-2017, 12:28   #12
Master_Zero
Flavio

Quote:
Thanks Master_Zero for reminding me why most of or maybe all of the non malware related false positive bans occur.

When the client gets updated the updater blindy throws the new/changed files into the conquer folder.
-It does not check if the files are written at all
-it does not verify integrity of any files
-it does not delete unused old files

This leads to corruption over time just by updating. Then on top of that there is bitrot that slowly damages files too.

The client has no self-verification outside of whatever the anti-bot checks so the client doesnt know about the corruption either. Some are harmless others trigger a ban.

When anything strange happens in your client or you recieve a ban uninstalling and deleting the conquer folder. Then downloading the newest full client and letting that auto-update itself is pretty much mandatory to ensure corruption was not the issue.

I personally do this at least once every 3 months and sooner if there is any issue in the game ( I always do it before reporting a bug for example)

If nd changed the client and updater to include (self) verification this issue wouldnt be happening so often
i agree that if they had an "auto-verification" (integrity check) this might not happen but while that they should at least be more careful with their ****ty anti-bot and dont let ppl get banned for their mistake right?
fire-fire-fire
130-130-140

------------------
------------------
Old 07-10-2017, 12:30   #13
Kachun

Thats why they only ban you for 1 day.
If they are sure about the detection it would be permanent.

All that said i agree they should do a better job.
But this is the reality we have....
Old 07-10-2017, 12:31   #14
Master_Zero
Flavio

Quote:
I completely rewrote my post, please read it again.

What is known about the anti-bot is that it uses a system quite similar to antivirus.

This means it has signatures for known botting apps and also heuristics for detecting botting behavior.

The bots you are seeing running around on your server are not in the signatures list and are carefully designed to avoid the heuristics detection.

ND doesnt seem to want to make the heuristics check stricter and nobody who has the botting app is letting it leak to ND for inclusion in the signatures.

All that remains is for honest players to use video and screencaptures to report the individual accounts involved
i used to report botter but since ND doesnt seen to care about them botting..so i gave up reporting.
fire-fire-fire
130-130-140

------------------
------------------
Old 07-10-2017, 12:34   #15
Master_Zero
Flavio

Quote:
Thats why they only ban you for 1 day.
If they are sure about the detection it would be permanent.

All that said i agree they should do a better job.
But this is the reality we have....
"translating what u just said" >>> ****ty "customer service" for a game that only survive coz egy's wanna play poker coz their country/religion dont let them to play...

that is what i read haha...
fire-fire-fire
130-130-140

------------------
------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: