Old 03-11-2017, 17:08   #31
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenraiden View Post
having instant revive for people under 350 bp is utterly retarded, good waters don't even need to be above 350 bp, the billion egy assassins that show up are all under 350 bp, im not saying its difficult to deal with them its just annoying
Ah, well I mean getting rid of the function altogether would be a downside. However, I understand that point perhaps make it a minimum 10sec "instant revive" for CTF. Gw is pretty decent in how it does it, sends you to TC so it takes you a good 10-15 seconds to get back to the gated area.

http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=761506

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2017, 17:13   #32
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRekt View Post
I see what you mean. But with that logic, getting rid of Offline TG for Gw would be pointless then.

So lets take a look at it this way. Example: You're on the weaker side with hardly any monks and waters. You can't fight back because the other side is extremely overpower, what do you do? You offline TG near pole where you have a "chance" to maybe win. This is what the mast majority of the weaker sides do.

Also IMHO, Random revive doesn't really bring back competition when some ppl can instantly revive lol. That just makes monks shackle completely useless for Gw/CTF and what it was intended for. Only way I would see this as fair is if everyone has cooldown for random revive. Not it being bp based.
I agree for lower bp didn't really think of it like that, like I said in post above I think for GW it's done pretty well. For CTF 10 sec minimum would be a good number.

It's not really "winning" if you aren't fighting for it, it's pretty much cheating at that point using offline tg. If the server is that unbalanced your options are to admit defeat or recruit people from other servers/people that aren't currently participating to come fight with you. That's how it use to be, and how it should be. People can charge in using bombs if they want to get through last minute that was what tq made them for.

As for monks, I never liked the change when they added shackle into the game as I said before it just killed pvp. For pk tournaments it makes sense, however, they could have just given waters a CD on revive for pk tournaments or an increasing CD each time they use it the cd increases, instead of adding shackle to the game and given monks something else.

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 03-11-2017 at 17:18.
Old 03-12-2017, 00:53   #33
Zenraiden

Zenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
Ah, well I mean getting rid of the function altogether would be a downside. However, I understand that point perhaps make it a minimum 10sec "instant revive" for CTF. Gw is pretty decent in how it does it, sends you to TC so it takes you a good 10-15 seconds to get back to the gated area.
yeah exactly where as in CTF base 1 is literally a 3 second run on a horse, so in this sense if you have less people and are able to kill all your enemies you get fkd anyway
Zenraiden is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2017, 00:57   #34
GetRekt

GetRekt is on a distinguished road
[quote=Returning;11961085] I agree for lower bp didn't really think of it like that, like I said in post above I think for GW it's done pretty well. For CTF 10 sec minimum would be a good number.

10sec or long possibly

It's not really "winning" if you aren't fighting for it, it's pretty much cheating at that point using offline tg.

I wouldn't call it "cheating" but to each to their own. I just know from the past (meaning few years ago) that it has been used. And still being used today.

If the server is that unbalanced your options are to admit defeat or recruit people from other servers/people that aren't currently participating to come fight with you. That's how it use to be, and how it should be.

Some people don't give up that easily or know people who can actually help them. Maybe people who they know can't help them. As you know, besides CS CTF. SGW is one of the most competitive events

People can charge in using bombs if they want to get through last minute that was what tq made them for.

True, but bombs hardly dmg the gate as it is. Most people I seen only get a chance to use 1-2 bombs before pole is changed and gates fully healed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes 4 bombs to destroy the gate? ( I never tried but don't remember)

Last edited by GetRekt; 03-12-2017 at 01:02.
GetRekt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2017, 12:14   #35
Returning
ComServant

[quote=GetRekt;11961103]
Quote:
I agree for lower bp didn't really think of it like that, like I said in post above I think for GW it's done pretty well. For CTF 10 sec minimum would be a good number.

10sec or long possibly

It's not really "winning" if you aren't fighting for it, it's pretty much cheating at that point using offline tg.

I wouldn't call it "cheating" but to each to their own. I just know from the past (meaning few years ago) that it has been used. And still being used today.

If the server is that unbalanced your options are to admit defeat or recruit people from other servers/people that aren't currently participating to come fight with you. That's how it use to be, and how it should be.

Some people don't give up that easily or know people who can actually help them. Maybe people who they know can't help them. As you know, besides CS CTF. SGW is one of the most competitive events

People can charge in using bombs if they want to get through last minute that was what tq made them for.

True, but bombs hardly dmg the gate as it is. Most people I seen only get a chance to use 1-2 bombs before pole is changed and gates fully healed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes 4 bombs to destroy the gate? ( I never tried but don't remember)

I just think offline tgs kills the spirit of gw, and bombs AFAIK it only takes 2 bombs to kill the gate and you can coordinate between each other using ally chat. Before ally chat even existed people would put their guild & allies in secret locations to discuss the war plan, stacking etc at the gate who would use the bombs. Usually in either someone's house or, how my old guild would do it would be at lunar platform.

I'm sure there are more ways to fix it but as far as I can see there has to be a balance. Offline tg destroys the balance and should definitely be removed. Making gw fresh every week like CTF would help with some underlying issues 1 hour. No one has the pole at beginning lockout of gw area and then add 10+sec instant revive to lower bp players would be a good balance imho.

Last edited by Returning; 03-12-2017 at 12:24.
Old 03-12-2017, 19:17   #36
ibsdarlians

ibsdarlians is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove bound items... it will just kill the market.. or make a little advantage for non-bound items
ibsdarlians is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2017, 20:31   #37
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsdarlians View Post
Remove bound items... it will just kill the market.. or make a little advantage for non-bound items
I would be against that, sounds like p2w. TQ needs to introduce more farming things into the game, that you're not able to buy from the shopping mall or lotto. PVE exclusive items that then, people can buy from those who farm them. Sort of like how dragon souls are but more of that and less BP-dependent. More instance / quest based type. They could also upgrade mets to give like 1 perfection per met or something to then make mets more useful as people are becoming more and more perm on their gears and the need for mets falls off.

Last edited by Returning; 03-12-2017 at 20:37.
Old 03-12-2017, 21:40   #38
GetRekt

[quote=Returning;11961106]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRekt View Post

I just think offline tgs kills the spirit of gw, and bombs AFAIK it only takes 2 bombs to kill the gate and you can coordinate between each other using ally chat. Before ally chat even existed people would put their guild & allies in secret locations to discuss the war plan, stacking etc at the gate who would use the bombs. Usually in either someone's house or, how my old guild would do it would be at lunar platform.

I'm sure there are more ways to fix it but as far as I can see there has to be a balance. Offline tg destroys the balance and should definitely be removed. Making gw fresh every week like CTF would help with some underlying issues 1 hour. No one has the pole at beginning lockout of gw area and then add 10+sec instant revive to lower bp players would be a good balance imho.
I don't think it does entirely. As for bombs you said AFAIK it takes only 2. If so then I can see that working.

But as of now, I disagree with the statement above in bold for 1 particular reason. Getting rid of offline TG wouldn't change the fact that most US Server are generally one-side. As I said before, it goes back to 1 major point, the side that is normally outnumbered and can't even do anything to fight back are the ones who normally go to offline TG to have that "chance" of winning. Whether you agree to it to "cheating" is all opinionated.
If your side is strong enough and plays smart. Taking pole and killing them all shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Somehow, It Quoting got messed up and says, I responded to myself lol

Last edited by GetRekt; 03-12-2017 at 21:43.
Old 03-12-2017, 21:44   #39
Returning
ComServant

[quote=GetRekt;11961120]
Quote:

I don't think it does entirely. As for bombs you said AFAIK it takes only 2. If so then I can see that working.

But as of now, I disagree with the statement above in bold for 1 particular reason. Getting rid of offline TG wouldn't change the fact that most US Server are generally one-side. As I said before, it goes back to 1 major point, the side that is normally outnumbered and can't even do anything to fight back are the ones who normally go to offline TG to have that "chance" of winning. Whether you agree to it to "cheating" is all opinionated.
If your side is strong enough and plays smart. Taking pole and killing them all shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Somehow, It Quoting got messed up and says, I responded to myself lol
That's another problem altogether, tq needs to merge server groups as one server honestly, we don't need 50+ servers. EU number of servers would be much better and drive up competition.

Old 03-12-2017, 21:47   #40
GetRekt

Quote:

That's another problem altogether, tq needs to merge server groups as one server honestly, we don't need 50+ servers. EU number of servers would be much better and drive up competition.
Them problems still go hand to hand, though I agree TQ needs to address them and stop making 50+ new servers. They are only good for so long til they die out and TQ merges them with 1-3 other servers.

Add on: IF TQ Merges the older servers. That way there is more competition and so servers are not all completely 1 side. I would see No problem removing offline TG from GW.

Last edited by GetRekt; 03-12-2017 at 21:53.
Old 03-12-2017, 21:57   #41
YاHiiK
HateCreW

YاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

10 seconds sounds decent; instant revive is a little too chaotic(although non stop action is great) & it negates shackle hahaha cool...?(shackle needs to be reworked)
Gw I guess is okay? I haven't played one recently; camping offline tg is pretty lame. Pole changes too fast.. map design isn't cool...
I do like that it gathers people together LOL

It's not really "winning" if you aren't fighting for it, it's pretty much cheating at that point using offline tg. If the server is that unbalanced your options are to admit defeat or recruit people from other servers/people that aren't currently participating to come fight with you. That's how it use to be, and how it should be. People can charge in using bombs if they want to get through last minute that was what tq made them for.

. If people admit defeat then the gm must come in scope out the server and have them somehow prove all others have surrendered. Then the loser can join or get free transfers outta there and that server is marked "conquered*
They get reward blah blah mad cps to share between all members something..(they're needs to be an easier way for everyone to get +12. More +12 people more fun)

The bomb yes coordinate a massive amount of noobs to bumrush the gates and pole haha like 100 literally whoever is online join in..

Another thing we need to occupy these maps and fill it up with active players not bots or a few noobs here n there
Say like make 15 total servers

Half for noobs the other half they have to graduate to make it there either 140 club 350+bp server idk keep it populated but with active players #bringapecityback

As for monks, I never liked the change when they added shackle into the game as I said before it just killed pvp. For pk tournaments it makes sense, however, they could have just given waters a CD on revive for pk tournaments or an increasing CD each time they use it the cd increases, instead of adding shackle to the game and given monks something else.
Just throwing ideas keep it going guys

Moar events and quests teamwork

Pka 5 second revive
Cross server arena no lag
Fb ss animation length for those who are still Trojans (fc fb) ftw

What else what else

Evolution IX
YاHiiK is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2017, 22:00   #42
YاHiiK
HateCreW

YاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond reputeYاHiiK has a reputation beyond repute
Huge server merge

Yes you guys are onto it now huge server merge but handle the lag that'll probably come with it (all those extra millions of noob chars/accounts useless bots)

Evolution IX
YاHiiK is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2017, 22:31   #43
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YاHiiK View Post
Yes you guys are onto it now huge server merge but handle the lag that'll probably come with it (all those extra millions of noob chars/accounts useless bots)
Well tq can do that on their side, less servers = use resources on stabalizing and maintaining bigger servers. Other companies do it all the time, as for fps there's literally no reason we should be getting that much lag from players when I can run counterstrike smokes/h1z1 etc on high/ultra and maintain 100+fps. Hopefully they'll address that in the graphics update.

Old 03-13-2017, 00:29   #44
-gemini-
nublet? ♥

-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really like the Offline TG into GWA strat.. I mean, I get that it benefits the "weaker" side but it's really... anti-fun.

I just played an sgw where we ('stronger side') sat around for 3 hours defending the pole and rotating it constantly. The enemies didn't show up till last 5 minutes. They dropped in from offline tg, tried to take the pole, and then we fight MAYBE for 10-15 mins in total (around :05 to :10 after gw ends, most ended up leaving). Like.. what's the fun in that? We wait 2 hours, 55 mins for 5-15 mins of fun. And this is fair because the other side is weaker and thus should have an even chance of getting the pole via offline tg strat?

Maybe a solution is to make wider gates and weaken them a bit? The biggest impediment to the attacking side is having to break the gates (before rotation) and funnel through the gates (bottleneck that, with current AOEs, make it hard to cross through alive). However, I don't think we can just say "because servers are one sided, there should be no advantage to the side that won the pole and is defending it" (either due to fighting and winning or investing 3 hrs into GW).
-gemini- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2017, 00:38   #45
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -gemini- View Post
I don't really like the Offline TG into GWA strat.. I mean, I get that it benefits the "weaker" side but it's really... anti-fun.

I just played an sgw where we ('stronger side') sat around for 3 hours defending the pole and rotating it constantly. The enemies didn't show up till last 5 minutes. They dropped in from offline tg, tried to take the pole, and then we fight MAYBE for 10-15 mins in total (around :05 to :10 after gw ends, most ended up leaving). Like.. what's the fun in that? We wait 2 hours, 55 mins for 5-15 mins of fun. And this is fair because the other side is weaker and thus should have an even chance of getting the pole via offline tg strat?

Maybe a solution is to make wider gates and weaken them a bit? The biggest impediment to the attacking side is having to break the gates (before rotation) and funnel through the gates (bottleneck that, with current AOEs, make it hard to cross through alive). However, I don't think we can just say "because servers are one sided, there should be no advantage to the side that won the pole and is defending it" (either due to fighting and winning or investing 3 hrs into GW).
Honestly, like I suggested would solve this situation. Prohibit offline tg in gw area, remove previous winners from gw pole day of GW "during the maint on saturday", lock everyone out of the map 10 minutes before gw starts anyone who is on the map gets sent to tc, anyone who dcs on the map ever gets sent to tc. Lock Gw Gates. Have gw last 1 hour not 3, then everyone goes in fresh against each other like in ctf fighting at the gates while fighting to break them down and get to the pole first before the other side to take control of the castle. Increase HP on pole and defense by a lot, it should be 3x stronger imho.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: