Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40   #16
Eurochic
GlobalMod

Eurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond repute
Remember the days before the mini map existed. Boy could you get lost.

Handing a noob a stone city scroll and telling them it would take them to a magical place.

voodoo of Phoenix Server being the first player to fix phoenix on an American Server.

Joswylin posting a pic of her newly obtained double socketed item. Only to show that she had an item namer (a hack program) running. The GMs banned her character for posting that pic.

First pic memo hits 130 in a time when people actually levelled themselves. Pic 2 BabyBear composes a +8 (maybe the first one)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5014577.jpg
Views:	1157
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	128354   Click image for larger version

Name:	27396966.jpg
Views:	1157
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	128355  
Judoka2130-130-131 Monk-War-Fire
Judoka3130-130-131 Pure Water
TaMaU120-130-131 Tro-Tro-Arch
expensive91130-130 Pure Water
Destiny_Angel110-130 Pure Water
Melody_Angel110-115 Pure Water
Symphony_Angel Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ikky View Post
Mods are like underwear, you should change them daily!
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59   #17
Attila_123

Attila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond reputeAttila_123 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Attila_123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurochic View Post
Remember the days before the mini map existed. Boy could you get lost.

Handing a noob a stone city scroll and telling them it would take them to a magical place.

voodoo of Phoenix Server being the first player to fix phoenix on an American Server.

Joswylin posting a pic of her newly obtained double socketed item. Only to show that she had an item namer (a hack program) running. The GMs banned her character for posting that pic.

First pic memo hits 130 in a time when people actually levelled themselves. Pic 2 BabyBear composes a +8 (maybe the first one)
Saved this a long time ago. Lol.

Also old mining pictures lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ref Phoenix.gif
Views:	764
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	128356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ref Violet.gif
Views:	736
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	128357   Click image for larger version

Name:	ref rain.gif
Views:	713
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	128358   Click image for larger version

Name:	refined kylin.gif
Views:	693
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	128359  

Last edited by Attila_123; 01-07-2010 at 07:04.
Attila_123 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2010, 00:48   #18
Emilych92

Emilych92 is on a distinguished road
Actually being able to level and not getting Pked CONSTATNLY.
Emilych92 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2010, 04:02   #19
eXquiLLa
*KABOOM*

eXquiLLa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eXquiLLa Send a message via Skype™ to eXquiLLa
Being able to login faster than after 385762845091728503926 tries or being able to login at all And many many other things that are gone now and will never be back...

No nutcracker will help you with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoMick View Post
sometimes the balls are always purple, i dont know why, but mine have been purple since the ninjas were released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstNameEver View Post
I did on some nub acc. Named it "WoRsHiP_AlLaH". Said "DERKA DERKA" then detonated. Got epic lulz from the allies, pissed off the egys tho.

Yes its racist. Yes I shouldn't have done it. No I don't regret it AT ALL.
^One of the funniest things I've ever seen/read bla bla whatever
eXquiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21   #20
Kurasu v.4
AliPro

Location: Zesty's Basement Kurasu - 3869 Kurasu v.2 - 1135 I'm male
Kurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeKurasu v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
My most pleasant memory from the old CO days was when I could go on a map for lvling and meet people. I met good people that way. When I played CO recently people either try to pk or ask for gear and noone speaks english now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurasu v.4 View Post
So whats so classic about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken-chan View Post
it's a classic tq'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune View Post
lol, I'm not that addicted to mangas, you really proved that you are the manga king once again
Quote:
Meggy: well i plans to becomes the manga king! your throne is mine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zesty~ View Post
Free
~Oni~Kage~
Dreams<Freedom
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...ojectsiggy.gif

Anime Lovers Forum Group

Kurasu: dream>freedom: warrior>warrior>warrior: lvl 132: Temporarily on break.
Kurasu v.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2010, 13:03   #21
Nanahira
Nana-chan

Nanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond reputeNanahira has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurasu v.4 View Post
My most pleasant memory from the old CO days was when I could go on a map for lvling and meet people. I met good people that way. When I played CO recently people either try to pk or ask for gear and noone speaks english now.
I second that notion. I miss when things were done the good old way of leveling yourself actually and not buying your way into glory.
Hear it burst..*boom*
I lost my bubble
Nanahira is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2010, 16:13   #22
Delta

Delta is an unknown quantity at this point
lol seems like conquer is a dead piece of sh*t now. i remember when there was only the animal kingdom server, and l33th4x0r was the first one to hit 120 non-rb. when 120 was still the limit. before all that 130 rb and 2nd rb bullsh*t.... now that was a long time ago...
Class: GoldWarrior lvl 100

*sucks at making siggys*
Delta is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2010, 01:41   #23
uannaka1996
Polar Bear

uannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond reputeuannaka1996 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to uannaka1996
I missed the archers who helped me lvl up.. when almost everyone was kind and gives you free items... And when everyone was speaking english..
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12   #24
MunKop

MunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond reputeMunKop has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.Marbury!?!? View Post
some guy killed a gm once fbing him in tc and sitting under guard and got a bunch of super +4 soc items LMFAO. the gm didn't even kno who killed him cuz he was afk.
If you played sapphire that was me and my friends.. I didn't land the final blow, but this is back when GMs had like 300k HP or something off the charts. We finally dropped him and he dropped about 5 dbs and a bunch of super socs.. the guy that killed him got a temp ban if I remember correctly and all the items were taken back, the dbs we used immediately and we got to keep lol.

Definately miss old PvP, and how no one could really get past 127. Bulking didn't mean instantly untouchable, like it does now.

Bah, make this game fun again :\

DanKin - 130 130 130 pure nin, rebirthed to Archer since they're lame and 1 hit everything. Leveled through hard work and dedication, not bots.

Unity - Our side always wins.
MunKop is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57   #25
8307c4

8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute8307c4 has a reputation beyond repute
I quit this game for a long time, I must've been gone 2 or 3 years, I wasn't ever coming back.
I am surprised there appear to be more than a few folks in this thread who are truly old school.

When the market consisted of two rows of vendors and if I didn't spam the login around reset
time it was unlikely I'd get a vending spot at all, I do however like the numbering system.

When I could leave a miner afk all day and the off chance that someone would
pk my miner was so small it might happen like once in a month...
More so when that was the only way to get a gem.
When the only way people got elites / supers was through hunting, and you couldn't level with cash.

The bat cave, Dis City, Horses, garments, db / met scrolls, cp's, vp's, Potency
I do, however, somewhat like the talisman thing...

Oh gosh, when folks married for a good (clean) reason...
On that note when most of the game wasn't played for some ulterior motive.
When folks didn't loiter around in the cities like gangs of hooligans, sorry but that's what it looks like.
When I did not wonder how many folks botted, much less constantly wondering about it.
When I didn't have to wonder if someone walking past was likely to pk me for no reason.

That's a fair part of what ruined it because it happened gradually but one day it started,
I'm still not sure what happened but everything changed and then it only got worse.
I figure possibly either CO advertised in the wrong place one day, could've been word of mouth
but apparently the wrong crowd got in.
Maybe it was CO's doing, the changes made players act different, if blame is to be a part
of this I can include myself but perhaps it was a combination or none of the above...

What I do believe is the blame doesn't lie squarely on CO's shoulder but certainly
they're not innocent either, Classic CO appears to be another joke...
Nor is it the first multi-player game I've seen it happen to, more like it appears to be the norm...
Doesn't mean I like it, I can certainly quit again, perhaps this time for good.

I do enjoy somewhat how the crowds are gone, I said somewhat, one hates to be this way.
The upcoming horse races might do some good, only time will tell but we will see...

Sorry to ramble, peace out guys.

Last edited by 8307c4; 01-11-2010 at 11:05.
8307c4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 01:11   #26
ilsu333

ilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by phini4eva View Post
selling a normal fury gem for 15 mill becuase that gem could only be mined at the TC mine
I had like 3 or 4 fury gems those days from lab3 crystal thing and a normal fury gem was like 3 or 4 dbs those days
Old 01-19-2010, 19:56   #27
Thechosenone
Banned

Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
****ing jail. When it was the place to hang out and chat. People didn't take **** in jail even if it was free pk.
Thechosenone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2010, 02:05   #28
amiable

amiable is on a distinguished road
When there were rumors of an item duping hack that some people fell for.

When people took the dice king seriously and actually wrote guides on how to trick him.

When +1 bows, rings, boots, etc were expensive.

When people had respect for skill, and not possessions.

When you actually fell in love with the person playing the character of your spouse.

When you'd be planning money making strategies while in your bed trying to sleep.

R.I.P. good ol Conquer
amiable is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2010, 10:42   #29
Thechosenone
Banned

Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiable View Post
When you'd be planning money making strategies while in your bed trying to sleep.

R.I.P. good ol Conquer
I so used to do that
Thechosenone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010, 07:52   #30
Arien
It's milk

Arien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond reputeArien has a reputation beyond repute
hmm where to start...

I remember when at ape city there were guild wars there, and you had half a server crammed into one city.

I remember when guards were beatable, and when a high level took a guard out you knew they were powerful.

When someone would scatter in Twin city

Watching a red name run for their life as no where was safe, and there were guards in markets too.

When going to phoenix castle cave meant going to get plvled, and watching 120+ characters fight for a spawn.

Starting a new character and pking in the character creation zone, and making friends in there as well.

When most people spoke English, and those who didn't were singled out and killed.

When you could decrease the dura of a botter's gear and it would vanish.

When a friends list was important

When you married someone you did it for the right reasons.

When a guild was powerful by how the members fought, and guild war was insanely fun.

How characters were balanced:

Tao beat Warrior
Warrior beat Archer
Trojan beat Warrior
Archer beat Tao

But Trojan still had a good chance of beating everyone

When the screen was comfortable to look at, not gloomy and covered with crap.

when finding a unique item was a decent find

when levelling to 100 you had a chance of at least finding 3 dbs.

when being lvl 100 felt so good because now you stand a chance with fighting.

when Jail was fun to hang at, and after a GW there was always a jail jam packed. and that was possibly more fun than the GW itself.

When seeing a player with +5 was insane, and you would go to bed at night planning your way to getting there.

When an update was to fix something, not to add new crap. And when an update came out it was always interesting.

The old website Layout was awesome, and the old forums rocked.

When forums were jam packed with people because of how awesome the servers were.

When there were few servers, and they were packed, but it wasn't that laggy.

When training grounds use to start from the bottom right and you had to run up to get to ur posts, and it was small.

When markets only had 2 rows, and people would wait for ages just to get a spot.

when there was only 4 classes, and the only poison was from poison blade or poison arrow.

when divine hare, cyclone and fly was the only quick way to get out of the 7 maps from met zone.

When met zone was the go.

When Reborn was the only thing you could do, and a guard was actually powerful, almost feared by all classes, so gold guard was scary.

When Reborn quest was in a place that u could get pked. and ur friends would have to sit over u so u don't lose anything.

how taos could zap in mid air

how leveling was hard, and worked for, not easily obtained

When at lvl 100 you were respected because u had reached a decent level.

The epic spawn in bird island was at the hawkings.

How GMs came to the game, and u could friend them, talk to them and even make fun of them. It was as if the game makers actually wanted to get to know us.

When someone bulked, they were hated, and could be killed.

When we were listened to (can't remember when the game creators stopped listening)

When you found a Super gem from mining your heart would start racing abnormally fast, and the only thing on your mind was getting to tc, not dying, getting to markets and putting it in the warehouse

When market characters could be killed in TC, and people would pick up the loot.

When having a house meant you worked really hard for it, and you could invite heaps of people over.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. I miss the old game . and when I was told about it coming back, I fell in love, only to be hurt again. And some may think that is really lame, or I'm pathetic for feeling that way, but a game so enjoyable being turned into something so greedy just ruined it. Bring back the pay to play, and make it co1. I dont mind paying a monthly fee to enjoy the hard worked feeling of real achievement.
Arien is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: