Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10   #2146
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
That really sucks, I'm sorry. I wish the best outcome for you guys though. I hate when people use money like that. In what universe is destroying a beautiful area of history to replace it wish a barren parking lot justice? Ugh, that frustrates me. They recently demolished a historical site here as well. Granted it was smaller, but I had assumed that they would have built around it. I have no idea what they are putting there now.
Thanks. Well, if we win and have to sell this house... if we'd sell it and dad's apartment, we could actually live in a castle like that one since there are some on sale nearby. O.o Smaller ones though.

Uh... in this world, it's like this: if it happened, then it was fair. Everything that happens, is fair. Not to us people, but to the world it's fair because it obeyed the laws of physics. -.-

I guess in the area near you they will build a bank. As if the world hasn't got enough banks already... and all are ripping people off anyway (personal experience).

Today I went for a walk to take some pictures of some other castles, didn't get to the better looking ones though, but this one looks pretty cool, it's right next to the place where they give visas for emigration.

This house is abandoned, but looks almost like a castle:
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16   #2147
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
The demolished castle was home to loads of pigeons. I don't know how this one got wounded, but he ended up in our yard and my mom took him in. I hope he makes it...
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53   #2148
DETONATOAREA
Female

Well, couldn't save him. He died last night due to too much blood loss and not even bandages stopped it... -.- Guess it was a blood feather that got damaged.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-18-2013, 17:41   #2149
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Poor guy. That's just sad. :C

Your houses are so pretty. I walked by that place I said they demolished earlier and they left a couple of the historical buildings up. It looks to be flat though. They're building either an apartment building or a condo building there. They tore down the fish store I got Barry at too. :C

Gavin is doing pretty well. I have to keep an eye on him though. I caught him biting his tail once. I haven't seen him do it lately though. I got him a few ping pong balls to keep him busy.
Maybe tomorrow I can get a pic of that black castle I saw somewhere else near the park.

Good idea with the ping pong balls.

My eldest home-bred fish died at the age of 1.1 years... -.- his name was Sushi lol.
I don't know what he caught, but he was breathing fast and died pretty quick. Water stats was fine though. O_o
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-19-2013, 04:17   #2150
DETONATOAREA
Female

I've seen Ursula on your DevArt before, but lol the squirrel is funny!
Strippersaurus? O.o How would that go?
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-19-2013, 12:51   #2151
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
http://c7colours.deviantart.com/art/...26794098&qo=22

My strippersaurus. She wanted to be a ballerina when she was younger, but she couldn't pirouette because her arms are so short. She became a stripper as well, but still has the same problems.
Lol, she looks at her best in 2nd to last image. But the old her, makes me feel sorry for her. X))
Are those bunny ears? O.o
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-20-2013, 04:51   #2152
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Lol thank you! The second last image was her original character design. That'll be the age she will be in the comic. LOL I love her old look. God, it was so fun to draw this.

This was actually a character design assignment. I had to present this character to my teacher. It was great. But yes. The concept came from taking holiday characters like santa and the easter bunny and crossing them with other animals. Santa ended up being a spider and the easter bunny ended up being a tyrannosaurus rex. I joked around and doodled it. She originally had an easter basket. Then I ended up putting a bikini on her. Then the basket went away. Then before I knew it, I ruined her life and she became a stripper. The bunny ears were a spoof on those playboy bunny costumes instead of the easter bunny.
Cool, a comic!
I'm also planning a comic strip to end my novel with. (kind of an unusual form for an epilogue, since most of the story is in text form).

Lol Santa Spider! X)) Do you have a pic of that one?
Nice, lol I was thinking of the playboy bunny, but also of this: Bunny Ears Lawyer.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-24-2013, 03:36   #2153
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
I don't have a picture of the spider Santa. It was drawn in someone else's sketchbook.

Interesting idea with the comic form ending. That's a cool idea.
Chapter 42 will be that way mostly because it skips like 5 years later, but it also has a rather sad ending, unlike chapter 41 in text form.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 07-16-2013, 02:57   #2154
DETONATOAREA
Female

Working on a rose model. Evolution of it so far...

Needs smoothing once it's done.

Now it's got a stem:

My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 07-26-2013 at 09:04.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:49   #2155
SwichB1ade
20% Cooler

SwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond repute
I figure I can contribute to this wonderful thread with one of my drawings. I really don't draw anymore now that I'm out of high school, maybe I should.

Gonna put White Christmas up my nose

I ain't no weatherman - don't know if it's gonna rain
'Cause I'm a rock 'n roll clown, do a lot of cocaine
One of these days they're gonna take me away
'Cause I'm Dr. Rockso, and I do cocaine
SwichB1ade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2013, 15:30   #2156
DETONATOAREA
Female

I used to draw before creating 2D concept art for 3D stuff I'll make some time in the future, but I figured that it's easier and more economic (no paper used or erasers or crayons / pens) to just draw on the computer, even though an electronic pen would make things easier.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 07-28-2013, 17:32   #2157
SwichB1ade
20% Cooler

SwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond reputeSwichB1ade has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
I used to draw before creating 2D concept art for 3D stuff I'll make some time in the future, but I figured that it's easier and more economic (no paper used or erasers or crayons / pens) to just draw on the computer, even though an electronic pen would make things easier.
I've thought about getting into computer art, but I really don't know how to. My mouse hand really isn't that steady to draw, all I have is GIMP, and I don't want to have to buy an electronic drawing pad. But I don't have a scanner anymore so I can't upload my drawings to the internet without going to the library to do it.
Gonna put White Christmas up my nose

I ain't no weatherman - don't know if it's gonna rain
'Cause I'm a rock 'n roll clown, do a lot of cocaine
One of these days they're gonna take me away
'Cause I'm Dr. Rockso, and I do cocaine
SwichB1ade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2013, 09:12   #2158
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwichB1ade View Post
I've thought about getting into computer art, but I really don't know how to. My mouse hand really isn't that steady to draw, all I have is GIMP, and I don't want to have to buy an electronic drawing pad. But I don't have a scanner anymore so I can't upload my drawings to the internet without going to the library to do it.
In the 2D domain, I'd say either Corel D.R.A.W. (but I am very disappointed that Microsoft Word Office managed to beat it out of the water when it comes to spinning vector images and keeping texture properly!) or some Flash Studio since it works with vectors too. No need for a steady hand there, you arrange the images.

In 3D, I'd say go for Maya. So much to learn about it, and so many angles you can model from...

Rose update. Got the veins of the leaves modeled, now to add the leaves.

EDIT: Leaves added, but not all yet.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 07-29-2013 at 18:11.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58   #2159
DETONATOAREA
Female

I think something is missing... But it's almost done.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 07-30-2013 at 18:00.
Old 07-31-2013, 15:09   #2160
DETONATOAREA
Female

Last chapter's covers, with the 2 roses I've made, red and white variant. The large models will have better textures when I'll figure it out what fits, but there was no point in updating them yet just for the tiny graphics in these:

My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: