Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 15:12   #1546
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroooo~ View Post
Sounds exciting! Do you have any concept drawings? I want to seee
Not yet, but I could draw them tomorrow.
They're supposed to be the first aliens (named Zriganz) in that movie I'm working on. The main char steals their ship after scaring them out of it.
They'll also be the antagonists later on (once the main char figures out what's really going on and that he's no longer on Earth...) and they will be doing DNA experiments on different alien races / also act like the mafia at times, but they are all one mind. If one gets killed, the whole race knows it.

Their female version (which won't be present in that movie) would look way different though, I'm thinking of making the females look almost like no animal that's on Earth, with almost shark-like head but feather-like things growing from the sides and two long tails.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03   #1547
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
I know. Xd I've used it...since it was owned by Macromedia. xD But for Pans, it doesn't have all the camera options that AE has. For example in AE, you can move the camera in 3D space.

Yes, making animations in Flash is really simple and it has a lot of features, but for doing a simple background pan, AE is more efficient. It moved everything for you. In Flash, every component would have to be moved separately and it does not have the 3D camera option, which makes everything look flat. To do more complicated actions in Flash, script is used instead. The same effect may be attained, but it takes longer, thus a slower work flow. So in class, when we work with an animation, we take it into several programs. Paper, Flip Book, Toon Boom Harmony or Flash, After Effects, Premier Pro, then Encore. Sometimes more.

Flash animation is easy, but provides less. It's getting there though. As for an animation program, sure, it's good. I wouldn't compile backgrounds with it though. That's all I was saying.
You CAN move everything in flash . And i was only talking about the chains and gears animation (I did not see anything flash could not do).. But for more complex scenes (like the 3d camera you mentioned) and graphics Flash is useless ofcourse.

www.3dkiwi.webs.com/images/Untitled2.gif

Last edited by Kuroooo~; 12-22-2011 at 09:10.
Kuroooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2011, 15:52   #1548
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh yea, definitely, never said you couldn't. The whole point of Flash is to make things move. I, personally wouldn't use it for backgrounds though.

Lol, I thought you were talking about the whole thing. Flash can do it, it's not hard. But why strain flash to do more work, when AE is more adept to it and do an equivalent job?
Flash can also be used to just make paintings. Though mostly cartoonish stuff. Though really, I prefer 3D to flash's 2D any time. I even deleted my 1st and only flash animation because it annoyed me + I gave up continuing to write the novel I made it out of. There was just too much mindscrewing.

And still didn't get to draw that shark alien today. Pff, been lurking on youtube, playing a game, then working on Maya, also did some stuff for my job (still wondering if it's worth it... i don't seem to be getting anywhere and the website's still not on the green light, darn it).
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-23-2011, 03:04   #1549
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh yea, definitely, never said you couldn't. The whole point of Flash is to make things move. I, personally wouldn't use it for backgrounds though.

Lol, I thought you were talking about the whole thing. Flash can do it, it's not hard. But why strain flash to do more work, when AE is more adept to it and do an equivalent job?

Actually you did say that things have to be moved separately in Flash which is not true. And like I said there is nothing that flash cant do in that gears animation (not even straining it).. I was so sure you made it in Flash because it looks like vector graphics. Flash can handle normal bitmaps too ofcourse but you cant really edit them in Flash.

Anyway.. We all have our own work flows and I personally would have used Flash for the animation then i would have edited the animation in AE to add light effects and stuff.

Detonatoarea:
I too prefer making 3d animation but you can't really compare Flash and some 3d software since Flash is mainly meant for interactive 2d animations and not frame by frame hand drawn animations (you can do that too ofcourse but there are better software for that).

However there is a 3d engine for Flash that allows you to put simple 3d content into your Flash animation (http://www.flashsandy.org/). I once created a Flash animation that lets the user rotate around a 3d building freely. Ill put a link here if i can still find it.

Im alone at work now. everyone else has left already to spend their holidays . I am kind of working because im rendering a 3d scene (2475x3525px) and it takes forever to render.. Elapsed time 47min and not even half rendered..zzzzz

I propably wont be able to check the forums for a while because im going to my parents place for xmas and new year.

Merry xmas and happy new year!

Last edited by Kuroooo~; 12-23-2011 at 04:17.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:26   #1550
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Actually you did say that things have to be moved separately in Flash which is not true. And like I said there is nothing that flash cant do in that gears animation (not even straining it).. I was so sure you made it in Flash because it looks like vector graphics. Flash can handle normal bitmaps too ofcourse but you cant really edit them in Flash.

Anyway.. We all have our own work flows and I personally would have used Flash for the animation then i would have edited the animation in AE to add light effects and stuff.

Detonatoarea:
I too prefer making 3d animation but you can't really compare Flash and some 3d software since Flash is mainly meant for interactive 2d animations and not frame by frame hand drawn animations (you can do that too ofcourse but there are better software for that).

However there is a 3d engine for Flash that allows you to put simple 3d content into your Flash animation (http://www.flashsandy.org/). I once created a Flash animation that lets the user rotate around a 3d building freely. Ill put a link here if i can still find it.

Im alone at work now. everyone else has left already to spend their holidays . I am kind of working because im rendering a 3d scene (2475x3525px) and it takes forever to render.. Elapsed time 47min and not even half rendered..zzzzz

I propably wont be able to check the forums for a while because im going to my parents place for xmas and new year.

Merry xmas and happy new year!
I saw Alvin Earthworm using simple 3D stuff in flash. (such as 3D pipes)
In my 1st flash animation, I made the background in 3D (on 3ds max) and a 3d ship but only kept them in 2D pics / video of the 3D stuff and used as background for the characters of my video. So all bg was initially 3D.
The characters were flash-made but i didn't want to put outline on them, to make them look almost 3D-ish.
The water effects were made with squirlz water effects.
Didn't use any voices, made it more like a trailer, composed some sad but eerie music to fit the theme of the animation, but it ended up a total mind****, almost similar to groundhog's day: the main char keeps getting killed and wakes up in the same day, but his memories change till he finally sticks to one existence of his life and stops the bad guys (some pirates that used a clock called the Time Warper that they connect to the 7 clock towers of the world, to keep the day to Sunday night at 7 pm) only when his best friend tricks the pirate leader to shoot him but puts the clock in front so that the clock dies with him and the pirates too (since the pirates were actually ghosts and the clock kept them alive as well).
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 12-23-2011 at 04:31.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38   #1551
Kuroooo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
I saw Alvin Earthworm using simple 3D stuff in flash. (such as 3D pipes)
In my 1st flash animation, I made the background in 3D (on 3ds max) and a 3d ship but only kept them in 2D pics / video of the 3D stuff and used as background for the characters of my video. So all bg was initially 3D.
The characters were flash-made but i didn't want to put outline on them, to make them look almost 3D-ish.
The water effects were made with squirlz water effects.
Didn't use any voices, made it more like a trailer, composed some sad but eerie music to fit the theme of the animation, but it ended up a total mind****, almost similar to groundhog's day: the main char keeps getting killed and wakes up in the same day, but his memories change till he finally sticks to one existence of his life and stops the bad guys (some pirates that used a clock called the Time Warper that they connect to the 7 clock towers of the world, to keep the day to Sunday night at 7 pm) only when his best friend tricks the pirate leader to shoot him but puts the clock in front so that the clock dies with him and the pirates too (since the pirates were actually ghosts and the clock kept them alive as well).
Using rendered 3d images in a 2d animation is a nice technique. But something like that would most definately work better in AE because you can put the images on planes and rotate and move them in 3d space. It is actually a pretty pro way to do stuff. I want to hear some of your music I am totally tone deaf and cant really make any kind of music

Old 12-23-2011, 06:24   #1552
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Using rendered 3d images in a 2d animation is a nice technique. But something like that would most definately work better in AE because you can put the images on planes and rotate and move them in 3d space. It is actually a pretty pro way to do stuff. I want to hear some of your music I am totally tone deaf and cant really make any kind of music
Yeah but I didn't need to rotate stuff, everything was already animated in 3ds max when I needed bg animation (such as boat moving or clock tower rotation or ground moving as chars walk).
Meh, I deleted the video with the nice/ sad string songs, but still have some industro/techno (what ever) stuff left on youtube + will be posting my latest song in the solar system vid once it's done (if i can get those damn particle clouds showing in the scene...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbXjc...Lz5u9b1ShAGWjB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qMG...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shqZ5...9vq08EtiWNatCW <--- no idea why it's not working for me, wonder if youtube screwed the vid, I can't see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FKty...l0tTaLJLmBtZMx Weirdest effect ever: Mirrored camera bug turned out pretty nice here. 4D view of stuff.

And yeah, I know, models suck. They were made long ago anyway. I'll be way better in Maya once I get the stuff done.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 12-23-2011 at 06:27.
Old 12-23-2011, 15:37   #1553
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Agreed. We both have our work flows, and I guess it all comes down to what you're more comfortable with. I, myself have issues with vector-based programs. I much prefer bitmap-based.

Deto: Flash isn't really designed for 3D things, but if you render and compile it in another program to be exported, Flash can read it, but at that point it is easier to do the 2D animation in flash, export it then bring it all together in AE. You can do frame by frame animation in flash, it has every capability to do so, but it is definitely more time consuming, but it looks better than that tweened crap. There are better animation programs out there though. My teacher is working with Adobe to make it better, but in the end, the others usually win out. Once again, more camera options in other animation programs.

If we don't see you for a while, Kuro, happy holidays and new year.
I never said I used raw 3D, I rendered the background movies on 3D and imported the .avi that resulted into Flash MX studio. Then, I used the characters I made in Flash and placed them over the video of the 3D background.
Sometimes I just rendered pics for still backgrounds, other times I used the water effects on both animated and still bgs.
But one thing I hated about flash: too much work when needing to turn a character around and only being allowed a single camera view. Cannot do a 360 spin...

And happy holidays to everyone X)
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-31-2011, 12:35   #1554
DETONATOAREA
Female

I wish you all a Happy New Year for 2012.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-31-2011, 20:02   #1555
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I wish you all a Happy New Year for 2012.
See yah 2012, Happy New Year!
Electra_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2011, 20:08   #1556
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra_Glide View Post
See yah 2012, Happy New Year!
Well, this year started off great. Unlike Christmas, i didn't expect it to be so good. Hope it won't be as **** as 2011. X))
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-31-2011, 21:35   #1557
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, this year started off great. Unlike Christmas, i didn't expect it to be so good. Hope it won't be as **** as 2011. X))
Happy new year especially to you and I wish you all the best!

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2012, 15:50   #1558
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
Happy new year especially to you and I wish you all the best!
Thanks X)

Now I'm just being a TARTlet but this is the Zrigan alien (shark-like creature) i said i'll draw.
It's the male of the species.

Looks like a shark, turtle, salamander and crocodile merged into one. I wonder if I'd have to modify some shades or not.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-02-2012, 17:46   #1559
DETONATOAREA
Female

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09k_...layer_embedded
Finally managed to add the dust to simulate the galaxy. Now to do scene 2 and mix them, then doing scene 3.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-02-2012, 19:03   #1560
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09k_...layer_embedded
Finally managed to add the dust to simulate the galaxy. Now to do scene 2 and mix them, then doing scene 3.
Liked it, very well done

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: