Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 17:13   #16
squidgemelent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,457
squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey2550 View Post
I just find it funny you have "Computer Scientist" in large font as your siggy yet have said nothing valuable.
dont expect anything valuable. he spends his time shitposting anything and everything in the forums of a video game he quit over a year ago to drown out those who want the game to improve. other people who quit CO but not the forums usually stay for the community but this guy legitimately has no friends and stays on the on-topic CO related threads talking trash to anyone who mentions CO lol.

computer scientists know nothing as demonstrated at least once a week by deathclaw. in typical computer scientist pop-quiz ego fashion, hes going to wait until you elaborate something and school you on an unrelated technical definition considering you actually arent wrong. just laugh at him and watch him get frustrated as nobody takes his bait
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clown6000 View Post
oh lisn you say any thing bad about us why we dont say same words? coz allah learn us Tolerance i want all of you keep this words in you mind all time
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2016, 18:03   #17
Mikewhatever
Registered User
 
Mikewhatever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 467
Mikewhatever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrayer View Post
I think he was talking about Promethean's mom
hahahahaha fair enough
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanad View Post
I quit, simply because it sucks, there's no point in playing anymore, everything TQ is making is to milk moar money from the players, the game is boring, new players can not enjoy the game, the old players are quitting or getting outpowered by bulkers.
^hypocrisy at its finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarwaHassan View Post
My brothers ather and moe we suck **** for cps we are currently available
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Satan put me on this world for a reason it was to troll endlessly
Mikewhatever is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2016, 05:04   #18
MorganLeFaye
KylinGem+9
 
MorganLeFaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: London,England
Posts: 99
MorganLeFaye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
dont expect anything valuable. He spends his time shitposting anything and everything in the forums of a video game he quit over a year ago to drown out those who want the game to improve. Other people who quit co but not the forums usually stay for the community but this guy legitimately has no friends and stays on the on-topic co related threads talking trash to anyone who mentions co lol.

Computer scientists know nothing as demonstrated at least once a week by deathclaw. In typical computer scientist pop-quiz ego fashion, hes going to wait until you elaborate something and school you on an unrelated technical definition considering you actually arent wrong. Just laugh at him and watch him get frustrated as nobody takes his bait
100% this.
__________________
DIRTY~XII.

BuD_DiZzLe|Prince|Monk|140
Dirty|3astard|Duke|Dragon-Warrior|140
Dirty|3itch|Duchess|Water Tao|140


Former Server/s: Server 3>Scorpio>Honor>Kylin>Scentsword>Aquarius>Scorpio> TwilightDance

Current Server: ~Kylin~

Celes†ia|AngelS GuildLeader

Active: 2003-2017
MorganLeFaye is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2016, 06:56   #19
Mikewhatever
Registered User
 
Mikewhatever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 467
Mikewhatever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
dont expect anything valuable. he spends his time shitposting anything and everything in the forums of a video game he quit over a year ago to drown out those who want the game to improve. other people who quit CO but not the forums usually stay for the community but this guy legitimately has no friends and stays on the on-topic CO related threads talking trash to anyone who mentions CO lol.

computer scientists know nothing as demonstrated at least once a week by deathclaw. in typical computer scientist pop-quiz ego fashion, hes going to wait until you elaborate something and school you on an unrelated technical definition considering you actually arent wrong. just laugh at him and watch him get frustrated as nobody takes his bait
#rekt
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanad View Post
I quit, simply because it sucks, there's no point in playing anymore, everything TQ is making is to milk moar money from the players, the game is boring, new players can not enjoy the game, the old players are quitting or getting outpowered by bulkers.
^hypocrisy at its finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarwaHassan View Post
My brothers ather and moe we suck **** for cps we are currently available
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Satan put me on this world for a reason it was to troll endlessly
Mikewhatever is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2016, 12:46   #20
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Xen View Post
Not how a DDoS works. You are getting packet spammed, something else entirely. And the easy fix is to turn off your modem for about 30 minutes, then turn it back on. You will have a new IP and unless you give it out again or are on skype with someone you shouldn't be, you'll be fine.


More likely than packet spam is your ISP having stability issues.
Actually you are a moron. Since when is "packet spamming" not a DDoS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
actually youre right and the other people who are calling you a moron are wrong. there are some router settings you can change that can stop certain types of ddos attacks targeted at your own IP. it actually did work for me too. im also targeted specifically since im the only full +12er left on the opposing side (everyone else left because of ddos). just recently an old ally shared my skype to the main guy doing it so i started to get targeted

changing router settings did work, that week was the first week in 3 weeks i managed to play any event at all (in fact i got to play elite pk and team pk without logging out of skype) but unfortunately i won, they regrouped and decided ddosing the entire server is more reliable for the following weeks. i feel bad for the allies who are also being affected though since its not really their problem, so i didnt bother logging in last week. i dont mind getting ddosed all that much, id prefer they target me than ruin it for everyone else
Oh yea your almighty router.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
dont expect anything valuable. he spends his time shitposting anything and everything in the forums of a video game he quit over a year ago to drown out those who want the game to improve. other people who quit CO but not the forums usually stay for the community but this guy legitimately has no friends and stays on the on-topic CO related threads talking trash to anyone who mentions CO lol.

computer scientists know nothing as demonstrated at least once a week by deathclaw. in typical computer scientist pop-quiz ego fashion, hes going to wait until you elaborate something and school you on an unrelated technical definition considering you actually arent wrong. just laugh at him and watch him get frustrated as nobody takes his bait
Thats cute, guess why you can write this bs? That's right solely because us ignorant computer scientists invented it
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2016, 15:24   #21
Mr.Xen
Registered User
 
Mr.Xen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 805
Mr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Actually you are a moron. Since when is "packet spamming" not a DDoS?


Oh yea your almighty router.



Thats cute, guess why you can write this bs? That's right solely because us ignorant computer scientists invented it
A DDoS requires 1000's of PCs, usually infected with some form of malware that doesn't really harm the PC but sends requests to the victim. That is why it is rare to see DDoS in most cases since it takes a lot of prep/luck or a lot of users willingly helping you.

Typically, a DDoS does some form of pinging/connection establishment 100's of times per computer per minute in a several 1000 network of "bot" computers. This adds up to too many requests for a server to handle. The REASON this is not what happened to a single person's computer is that there's no way to get a connection etc to someone's computer unless they freaking host a server themselves. It is also a waste of a bot network to use on a single person's computer even IF they knew an open port, the effort/legality/ineffectiveness is just way too unrealistic for a DDoS to be used on a person's PC.

Packet spamming, requires 1 PC, with a program that acts like an infinite for loop spamming a targetted IP with pings/packets/what-have-you. That is enough to lag someone and possible DC them. It is useless against a server that can handle serious bandwidth.

Keyword is -distributed-

DDoS is untraceable and multiple IPs. Packetspam goes right to the source. So you can find who did it.

You sir, are the idiot.
__________________
- Yin-Yang
- Seigi
- Grím --> Yin—Yang
- <Xen> (Main)
- >Xen<
- -Xen-

Last edited by Mr.Xen; 02-05-2016 at 15:27.
Mr.Xen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 00:56   #22
squidgemelent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,457
squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Actually you are a moron. Since when is "packet spamming" not a DDoS?
muh computer science
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clown6000 View Post
oh lisn you say any thing bad about us why we dont say same words? coz allah learn us Tolerance i want all of you keep this words in you mind all time
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 02:02   #23
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Xen View Post
A DDoS requires 1000's of PCs, usually infected with some form of malware that doesn't really harm the PC but sends requests to the victim. That is why it is rare to see DDoS in most cases since it takes a lot of prep/luck or a lot of users willingly helping you.

Typically, a DDoS does some form of pinging/connection establishment 100's of times per computer per minute in a several 1000 network of "bot" computers. This adds up to too many requests for a server to handle. The REASON this is not what happened to a single person's computer is that there's no way to get a connection etc to someone's computer unless they freaking host a server themselves. It is also a waste of a bot network to use on a single person's computer even IF they knew an open port, the effort/legality/ineffectiveness is just way too unrealistic for a DDoS to be used on a person's PC.

Packet spamming, requires 1 PC, with a program that acts like an infinite for loop spamming a targetted IP with pings/packets/what-have-you. That is enough to lag someone and possible DC them. It is useless against a server that can handle serious bandwidth.

Keyword is -distributed-

DDoS is untraceable and multiple IPs. Packetspam goes right to the source. So you can find who did it.

You sir, are the idiot.
Hahaha. Wow you are actually a braindead moron. As a matter of fact a DDoS is just packet spamming. Multiple sources or not is completly irrelevant.
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 03:29   #24
squidgemelent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,457
squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Hahaha. Wow you are actually a braindead moron. As a matter of fact a DDoS is just packet spamming. Multiple sources or not is completly irrelevant.
a ddos must come from multiple sources
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
there are types of ddos that dont involve packet spamming

its hard to be wrong three times in a single sentence but god damn are we glad to have you back in all your former glory

p.s. kill yourself
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clown6000 View Post
oh lisn you say any thing bad about us why we dont say same words? coz allah learn us Tolerance i want all of you keep this words in you mind all time
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 03:54   #25
Smaehtin
Scientist
 
Smaehtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,166
Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
__________________
Computer scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 09:41   #26
RockSolid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 123
RockSolid is on a distinguished road
HAHAHHA. So, how do we know who is right or wrong? I'm really curious who is the right person. Everyone just calling each other out with no source or actual evidence. Signature with computer scientist don't mean ****. Constructing well developed statements/paragraphs doesn't mean your right also. Posting retarded pictures is funny though hahaha.. This forum is turning into my, "visit for funny moments" section.

Please continue..
RockSolid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 11:28   #27
Mr.Xen
Registered User
 
Mr.Xen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 805
Mr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Xen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
HAHAHHA. So, how do we know who is right or wrong? I'm really curious who is the right person. Everyone just calling each other out with no source or actual evidence. Signature with computer scientist don't mean ****. Constructing well developed statements/paragraphs doesn't mean your right also. Posting retarded pictures is funny though hahaha.. This forum is turning into my, "visit for funny moments" section.

Please continue..
Learn

A DDoS is distributed from multiple IPs and sources.

Packetspam would be a "DoS" but no one uses that term, people just call it packet spam.
__________________
- Yin-Yang
- Seigi
- Grím --> Yin—Yang
- <Xen> (Main)
- >Xen<
- -Xen-
Mr.Xen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 11:58   #28
Smaehtin
Scientist
 
Smaehtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,166
Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Xen View Post
Packetspam would be a "DoS" but no one uses that term, people just call it packet spam.
No.
__________________
Computer scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 12:54   #29
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
a ddos must come from multiple sources
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
there are types of ddos that dont involve packet spamming
Haha. Oh you gotta love all those contradictions in one post. What about the DDoS that don't don't (yes a double negative) involve packet spamming? Do they involve black magic then?

As for the idiots like Mr.Xen: I would really like to know how you DDoS someone if not by spamming packets. As a matter of fact a traditional DDoS attack is the syn flood. It is a special packet of the tcp layer and therefore this attack is simply just "packet spamming".

The actual difference between an attack from a single vs from multiple source is really just the quantity of the attackers.

Uneducated idiots.
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2016, 13:17   #30
RockSolid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 123
RockSolid is on a distinguished road
Ok, Xen won this battle. Evidence provided from legitimate professionals. As both him and the site mentioned the difference in DoS and DDoS attacks. Backing up with evidence from proven professionals. Only retard and uneducated idiots here would be Smaethin and Deathclaw. Both retards are still battling on how to make themself look like the smartest person alive on the CO forum, but turns out to be ignorant uneducated fools.
RockSolid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40.