Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 16:33   #1
Natoru
SirDidymus

Natoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Natoru
Arrow [Guide]Running Conquer Online in Windows 7

Conquer Online is not yet fully compatible with Windows 7.This is a compiled guide of hopefully all the problems and fixes running Conquer Online in Windows 7. Just follow the fixes and tips posted here and you should be able to run it fine.

If you still encounter problems please post a new thread and it will try to be fixed.

Windows 7 Guide
  • Please make sure Windows update is turned on, or that you update from the website, because Windows release their are and will be important updates and fixes which will improve compatibility for games and programs.
  • Update your Video drivers to the latest and not the generic ones that come with 7. If your specific device does not have a Windows 7 driver, use Vista drivers as they are compatible with 7.

░║Ą°Blue Screen of Death (Crash and Memory Dump)
This has been fixed you no longer need to delete anything
  • This is caused by the anti-virus program that comes with Conquer. To fix this, remove the zftqat folder from your Conquer Directory or rename it. If you accidently open Conquer.exe with the antivirus enabled quickly hit the X to close it.
    If you get a blue screen you MUST reinstall.

░║Ą°Low FPS and Frequent Freezing Issues
  • Running Conquer in Compatibility mode will drop your FPS to around 1-4, make sure compatibilty mode is turned off.
  • FPS can also be affected by outdated video drivers so update them using vista drivers.
  • Setting Conquer.exe's priority to above normal in the task manager can improve FPS and performance. It can also be set to High but can cause Problems and BSOD on low end systems.
  • FPS can also be improved by hiding the taskbar. This option is in the Taskbar properties.
  • Disabling Aero can also raise FPS and make the game run more stable. It's easily be done by right-clicking the shortcut to CO2, selecting 'Properties' and going to the 'Compatibility' tab.
    Select 'Disable Desktop Composition', then apply the changes.
    Now Aero will be disabled when running CO2.

░║Ą°Direct X Errors
  • You need to update your Video Card drivers from the standard ones that come with Windows 7 to the latest Vista drivers.

░║Ą°In-game Buttons Out of Place
  • Right click your desktop and click Personalise then click on Display down in the Bottom Left. Then set the scaling to 'Smaller - 100%' and Apply.

░║Ą°Performance and Stalling Issues on Quad Core PCs
  • Conquer doesn't seem to like more than 2 cores on some systems.This can be fixed by going into Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), clicking on the processes tab, finding Conquer.exe and right clicking on it then clicking Set Affinity and then set it so that only the first two processors are selected.

░║Ą°The windows just closes with/without error
  • This is most probably caused by outdated codecs first try uninstalling whatever codec pack you have installed and try playing, if you can play without it installed try finding a newer version of it if you are not sure if you have codecs installed try CCCP Insurgent
    If it's not caused by codecs try deleting the conquer folder manually and installing again. if it still doesn't work post a new thread.

░║Ą°My fps suck even tho I have awesomenessssss specs I also tried point 2 this shouldn't happen its your bad coding FIX IT
You should try doing a full reinstallation of conquer yours most probably got corrupted
-Delete the conquer folder MANUALLY, the uninstaller leaves some files behind and can affect the new installation
-Install again, do not run conquer or autopatch
-Rename the zftqat folder to something else
-Patch either manually or auto
-Run the game

░║Ą°Autopatch won't work
Sometimes the autopatch server is down but you will notice this because there are 9000+ threads about it so if you are the only one with this problem do the same as above, reinstall.

More fixes and tips will be added when they are come across.

Last edited by Himie; 07-11-2010 at 11:19.
Natoru is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2009, 20:25   #2
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
Added 1

Just something about setting priority I do not recommend setting it to high at most put it to above normal if you set it to high on low systems it will cause many problems to windows and in some cases even blue screen.

You beat me to it I was going to make a all-in-one since nobody bothers to read the other pages and are always saying we don't help them when the answer is repeated page through page D:

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2009, 20:47   #3
Natoru
SirDidymus

Natoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
Added 1

Just something about setting priority I do not recommend setting it to high at most put it to above normal if you set it to high on low systems it will cause many problems to windows and in some cases even blue screen.

You beat me to it I was going to make a all-in-one since nobody bothers to read the other pages and are always saying we don't help them when the answer is repeated page through page D:
Nice, that's one I didn't know of.
I didn't notice any problems but I guess my computer can handle it on high, thanks. I've changed that in the post.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:23   #4
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
awww, thanks for your help.
Old 09-21-2009, 15:30   #5
Natoru
SirDidymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
awww, thanks for your help.
Lol no problem, I know most of the people on your end don't know much related to 7 yet, and I'm sure you can forward this list to your programmers.
Old 09-21-2009, 16:14   #6
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natoru View Post
░║Ą°Low FPS and Frequent Freezing

- This is caused by running the Conquer.exe in Compatibility mode, so make sure Compatibility mode is turned off.
- Low FPS can also be caused by outdated video drivers so update them using vista drivers.
- Setting Conquer.exe's priority to above normal in the task manager can improve FPS and performance. It can also be set to High but can cause Problems and BSOD on low end systems.
- FPS can also be improved by hiding the taskbar. This option is in the Taskbar properties.
Disabling Aero can also raise FPS and make the game run more stable. It's easily be done by right-clicking the shortcut to CO2, selecting 'Properties' and going to the 'Compatibility' tab.

Nice guide btw, thank you for making it

Edit: Just put a sticky on this treasure

Last edited by Conondrum; 09-21-2009 at 16:21.
Conondrum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2009, 17:54   #7
Natoru
SirDidymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conondrum View Post
Disabling Aero can also raise FPS and make the game run more stable. It's easily be done by right-clicking the shortcut to CO2, selecting 'Properties' and going to the 'Compatibility' tab.

Nice guide btw, thank you for making it

Edit: Just put a sticky on this treasure
Nice, thanks for another tip. This one greatly improves performance, especially when trying to run another client. Added to guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
New update for Windows 7 KB974332
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/974332

A new update has been made by Microsoft on September 22 2009 to improve the compatibility for games, firmware and applications. Some errors include:

• The game, the application, or the firmware is installed incorrectly.
  • The game, the application, or the firmware causes system instability.
  • The primary functions of the game, the application, or the firmware do not work correctly.

If you have problems download the newest update through Microsoft Update.

Last edited by Natoru; 09-23-2009 at 17:21.
Natoru is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2009, 00:43   #8
xanthegreat

xanthegreat is on a distinguished road
Unhappy i have tryed all you said

when i start conquer it shows an empty server list but my game id is still there, i imput my password and the bar loads, when i enter the game everything but the buttons is black, i cant see any 2d or 3d graphics, i can see other player's names bouncing around, and as they jump their name freezes in a trail that they leave as they move... my cursor disappears as soon as i move it inside the CO window.

System

Win7 64 bits
q9650
gtx295 x2 in SLI(have tryed turning sli and physix on/off without results at all)
8gb ram(dunno if giving all this specs will help you help me but i better put them here just in case)

video card driver is 190.38 64 bits version
i have downloaded and installed the latest directx9 from filehippo.com
i have tryed every single type of compatibility modes, deleted log folder, deleted the anti trojan folder + followed all the steps in this thread without seeing the slightest result... and btw i have tryed installing xp 32 and it gives exactly the same issue... any idea buddie?

PD: and all this guy York(helpdesk) said was sit and wait till tq fix it but its been months now and i cant play CO

Last edited by xanthegreat; 09-27-2009 at 00:49.
xanthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2009, 02:40   #9
Natoru
SirDidymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthegreat View Post
when i start conquer it shows an empty server list but my game id is still there, i imput my password and the bar loads, when i enter the game everything but the buttons is black, i cant see any 2d or 3d graphics, i can see other player's names bouncing around, and as they jump their name freezes in a trail that they leave as they move... my cursor disappears as soon as i move it inside the CO window.

System

Win7 64 bits
q9650
gtx295 x2 in SLI(have tryed turning sli and physix on/off without results at all)
8gb ram(dunno if giving all this specs will help you help me but i better put them here just in case)

video card driver is 190.38 64 bits version
i have downloaded and installed the latest directx9 from filehippo.com
i have tryed every single type of compatibility modes, deleted log folder, deleted the anti trojan folder + followed all the steps in this thread without seeing the slightest result... and btw i have tryed installing xp 32 and it gives exactly the same issue... any idea buddie?

PD: and all this guy York(helpdesk) said was sit and wait till tq fix it but its been months now and i cant play CO
Sounds like your problem has nothing to do with Windows 7. It sounds like you have a real dodge install or you have not patched after you downloaded the client did you get the all in one patch 5157-5170. Try downloading that and installing it, if that does not work download the latest client installer, reinstall Conquer and apply that patch again.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:10   #10
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
For me it looks more like a video card error try reinstalling it with the latest driver from the website the latest is version 190.62 which is a bit better than your current one
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...0.62_whql.html

And if i'm not wrong you're using a quad core processor try setting the affinity of conquer.exe to use only 1 or 2 cores max in the taskmanager

MyAnimeList
Old 09-27-2009, 10:52   #11
xanthegreat

Wink downloading that stuff right now

thank you for your help...CO is just a copy i grabbed from my old pc, it was already installed and i just put it in my flashdrive to copy it to the new computer... that might be the problem, lets see what happens after i install co from scratch with the latest patches,i am also downloading the nvidia driver as i type.

i have set affinity to only 2 cores but it resets after i restart co, is there a way to leave it as a fixed selection?

and i guess theres no need to set priority to high since my pc has good resources right?

i'll be back with the results

Last edited by xanthegreat; 09-27-2009 at 11:27.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:01   #12
Himie
Nipah~

I don't think there is a way to set permanent affinity and you probably don't need to change the priority good luck

MyAnimeList
Old 09-27-2009, 13:51   #13
xanthegreat

new problem

i did everything, updated video card driver, downloaded latest client and the latest patch, now when i try to run CO it just closes without any error, i tryed that insurgent thing and it doesnt show any installed codecs...

but now the server list is not empty, everything seems normal until it closes for no apparent reason
Old 09-27-2009, 14:13   #14
Himie
Nipah~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthegreat View Post
i did everything, updated video card driver, downloaded latest client and the latest patch, now when i try to run CO it just closes without any error, i tryed that insurgent thing and it doesnt show any installed codecs...

but now the server list is not empty, everything seems normal until it closes for no apparent reason
do you mind posting your debug files there should be one in C:\Program Files(x86)\Conquer 2.0\debug or just inside the conquer folder wherever you installed it

Also make sure you have all ani's in the ani folder

MyAnimeList
Old 09-27-2009, 14:20   #15
xanthegreat

there you go :/

Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:43:04 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:43:04 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.10 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/23,19:32==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:43:30 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:43:52 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:43:52 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.10 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/23,19:32==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:44:17 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:44:47 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:44:47 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.10 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/23,19:32==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:45:10 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:45:32 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:45:32 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:45:48 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:48:49 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:48:49 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:49:00 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:49:15 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:49:15 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:49:25 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 13:52:23 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 13:52:23 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 13:52:47 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 14:09:30 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 14:09:30 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 14:10:31 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 14:11:14 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 14:11:14 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 14:11:23 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 14:11:41 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 14:11:41 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 14:11:51 2009
Invalid c3.wdb FileID! -- Sun Sep 27 14:14:00 2009
Game DB Pack Update Failed! -- Sun Sep 27 14:14:00 2009
ReleaseVer:E:\CQ2ClientRelease-18.26.8 MsgVer:124 , FileVer:2009.105.0.124, FileTime:2009/09/14,14:41==(MFC42.DLL 00007DED:0) (Conquer.exe 000D0202:1) (MFC42.DLL 00001B05:2) (00001A58:3) (0009847D:4) (USER32.dll 00016244:5) (0001695D:6) (00017DE7:7) (000181C2:8) (MFC42.DLL 0000125A:9) -- Sun Sep 27 14:14:09 2009

PD: everything is on its place, i just installed and patched

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: