Old 11-04-2017, 16:17   #1
Elyke~Argosi

Elyke~Argosi is on a distinguished road
This returning player is wondering...

I haven't played conquer in a while but got the mood to redownload the newest client and jump back in for whatever reason. I am not sure if I want to return to a server I had been on before or start fresh. Does anyone have any suggestions for some servers that they play on and could recommend?

Things I am looking for when considering my new(or old home):
  1. How balanced the player marketplace is on CP vs Silver.(I'm a ftp player who very rarely but occasionally might pay into the game. I take pride in working hard for my status.)
  2. How casual is the server's playerbase? Are they laid back and friendly or can I expect someone trying to skin me for what silver I have every 10 minutes once I reach PC? Guess could describe this as asking how friendly the server is as a whole.
  3. What is the guild balance of the server? Is there just 1 top guild that rules over everyone like a mafia crime family or are there a fair number of top dogs who are either welcoming to experienced and/or newer players who are around balanced in power against one another?
  4. Lastly, roughly what is the estimated drop rate of a Meteor when hunting, as well as the server's estimated cp=silver value ratio(silver db price/215=price of 1cp in silver). Would also be handy to know the silver/cp price of Meteors as well if willing to provide such info.

I am also interested in finding a friendly guild who I might be able to join early on and may or maynot stay with long-term or at very least if I leave to make my own I am up for allying when the time comes. Lemme know if you'd be glad to have me. xD I have to checkout this windwalker class but so far my fav build is tro/war/arch as a main. Love learning and making money on the marketplace so I can fund my interests in-game. Thank you for any help...

...and please, I would prefer only relevant replies with genuine helpful responses. Suggesting me leaving the game or the like is not going to help me at all when I'm intentionally returning to the game.
Elyke~Argosi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2017, 18:24   #2
Ladyash

Ladyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond reputeLadyash has a reputation beyond repute
1.Most markets are bad on all servers. Most servers I see sell most items for gold. For gear storm is the server to buy from.

2.I would say most people are not friendly. Look for lots of trade requests and people trying to scam you

3.Pretty much like a mafia crime family.

4. On my server 15kk-16kk for 215 cps. Met scrolls are like 100k each. The new map they came out with has a decent met drop rate, also drops + stones bound. But I think you do need to be 2nd reborn for it. So depending on what level your old account is if you continue it.
If you make a new account on an old server you maybe be able to find some older players that would help you level, give you exp balls and now there's also these new senior exp balls you can take that are really good. It is fairly easy to get an account leveled and 2nd reborn. Or you could start new on a new server that opens, if I was starting over with nothing that is what I would do.
You can make bound gears easily just takes time since you want something ftp. If you do ever credit there is sometimes bound cp exchange in the last one some people were able to exchange 20k cps for 120k bound. but normally its like 4 times and not 6. I also heard another cp exchange will not happen again for awhile, but I don't know.

I won't be one to say don't play or forget it because obviously I still play, but tq does have a lot of bull**** and screw people whenever they can. There I am sure are a lot better games out there that would much be better for a hobby.

Also ofc a lot do not speak English so if you only speak English half the people will not understand you, most will ignore you.

You can play on my server, but it is a crappy market, everyone is antibt and have nobility but my accounts and friends, even in low level all is +12 and anti. A lot do not speak English and are greedy, but now there is like 5 of us that are American playing together and that is more then I have had with me since 2010. Also an old player that quit for a few years just came back to playing a month ago and transferred his account with us and finally made his first 140 account, so he is still getting use to how co is again.

Also for your class you are thinking of warrior is good now for killing bosses, you may look into. Assassins are good but you will want stig.

Goodluck
Old 11-04-2017, 19:02   #3
Elyke~Argosi

Elyke~Argosi is on a distinguished road
I've played on a number of servers and don't care to start fresh. I just logged into the game and got hands on like...4 expballs quick so I am now a 130+/130 tro/war with a 2nd rb exception token at the ready(I had it in my warehouse for a while). I also noticed tc is all sorts of new and fused with market or additional market stalls within the city itself. idk. haven't looked around much yet. new skills for warrior dealing with 'fists'. This is on Dragon server. VIP Lv3. I like to play ftp but doesn't mean I haven't paid in the past. haha So much new stuff.

While ya mention it, TQ has always seemed a bit more than greedy at times in the past and always have. I first played CO back when it was before 2.0. Before talies. Before new classes. Back when if you wasn't 1st reborn you got owned and 2nd reborn wasn't even a concept, nore was BP(potency when first introduced before the rework for balancing). I remember before CPs existed even. lol Played for 8 years nonstop, then 4 years on and off regularly, then again once every year or two since. Regardless of whatever TQ ever does to the game, I don't let any of it get the way of me returning to a game that I have so many fond memories playing and still find myself pulling my ear back to check in on all the new things introduced; broken or not. Last time I logged on and played I started fresh on dragon server and played for 2 months. got to around 131/129 tro/war before stopping. didn't have many friends. doesn't look like any of them still play from what I can tell. Just alone by myself which sucks.

But yeah, i'll have to get use to the new look and all but I might swing by Triumph(I think that's where you're at given your siggy), and at least check things out. I keep vip anyway since its linked to my account so only thing I"d really be upset losing is my first credit bonus perk for hunting loot. I've abandoned accounts in the past on servers that were dead even after investing $500+ into the account(haha and I was still only 1st rb but would own so many 2ndrb since I knew how to actually fight. ah~ the good ol' days~)

Haven't decided where I'm going yet. staying or moving. I just know CO keeps getting harder and harder for me to stick to when I don't have cool people to hang with when I play. Lonely CO is just crap. Its as much a social game as it is a PvP game. Not many people realize that but it really does determine the fun factor overall.

Also, seems market prices on Dragon server atm are 3.5kk for a db and 90k for a metscroll. not sure yet on how many speak english here either anymore. seeing a lot of silver/gold sellers tho too. When I first made an account on dragon was because I jumped about multiple servers with new characters and investigated their marketplaces. Seemed fairly good on the market end for ftp approach.

Last edited by Elyke~Argosi; 11-04-2017 at 19:15.
Elyke~Argosi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2017, 23:54   #4
Xentheo

Xentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond reputeXentheo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyke~Argosi View Post
[list=1][*]How balanced the player marketplace is on CP vs Silver.(I'm a ftp player who very rarely but occasionally might pay into the game. I take pride in working hard for my status.)
You can definitely get decent for free.

CP vs Silver just depends on the server you are on and the way its ran. The main server impervious to this is Storm. Storm server is where the best and rarest is sold.

Farming bosses and drops can help you out a lot. A lot of Egys get full +12 farming consistently.

Quote:
[*]How casual is the server's playerbase? Are they laid back and friendly or can I expect someone trying to skin me for what silver I have every 10 minutes once I reach PC? Guess could describe this as asking how friendly the server is as a whole.
The english speakers are nice but it is hard getting them to talk because they all think you're and Egy or Pinoy or BR trying to beg for something or ask a stupid question.

Quote:
[*]What is the guild balance of the server? Is there just 1 top guild that rules over everyone like a mafia crime family or are there a fair number of top dogs who are either welcoming to experienced and/or newer players who are around balanced in power against one another?

CO has changed massively on this front. Wars are no longer just 1 server. CO recently had a war between ElJefe and Bangroc where is spanned over 4 or 5 servers.

The server you are on generally is a farm server for a king higher up on the pecking order that isn't even on your server.

For example you are on Dragon. Madara is under ElJefe. Madara may run the day to day things but Jefe decides who is on his server who gets a cut of what and how much. Now this may vary from server to server and I am only using Jefe as an example and this example may very well be dated too.

You need to make sure you know who you are joining because they can create enemies for you throughout the entire game.
Is it like the mafia? Sure except the Egys run the show on the top chars while the owners just bull****.
Xentheo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: