View Poll Results: Item Quality Ident. A Good Idea?
Yes! That would be awesome! 33 51.56%
No! I think that's a bad idea! 20 31.25%
I don't care either way. 7 10.94%
I'm not sure. 4 6.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 17:01   #1
Glizo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 39
Glizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond repute
Item Quality Identification

Okay, now I know right off the bat some of you will disagree and say that it will give archers an unfair advantage, BUT.. it will also give YOU an advantage so before you make your decision think about this..

I think it would be really awesome if there was a way to identify the quality of an Item before you pick it up off the ground. Nothing too fancy, but just a simple changing of the font colors would do just nicely. It could be the same color as the quality of the item. Such as; light blue for refined, dark blue for unique, purple for elite and yellow/gold for super.. white for normal. Along with that, it could be done so that you can only see the quality of the items that you personally drop. That way, to everyone else around you, it looks like just a bunch of normal items or whatever. It would save time picking up garbage, yet it would also help if you're one of those people that just doesn't bother picking things up cause it's too much of a hassle if you pick up nothing but normal stuff. This way it will allow you to not look over any potentially valuable items you might not pick up otherwise.

So, if you agree with this, post a response to this thread and vote! Maybe if enough people agree we could convince TQ it's a good idea!!

Thanks everyone! =)

Last edited by Glizo; 05-17-2009 at 16:23. Reason: highlight important points.
Glizo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 17:14   #2
Nespheratu
Registered User
 
Nespheratu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 287
Nespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up yupperz

I agree 100%. This is an awesome idea. + it would stop all the cheaters using 5Bots item detection in their tracks. I hate when i get a good drop and you know its good because some butt hole sits on it before you even realize its a decent drop. This has happened to me more than once. And Im sure this kind of feature would be easy to code..... example

PHP Code:
<?php
if ($playersDrop $Dropped_by_player) {
include(
"changecolor.asp");
} else {
showNamesWhite($items);
}
break;

?>
See easy huh?
__________________
If its not on google.... Bend over. Cause YOUR SCREWED!
PHP Code:
<?php
$TQ 
mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Botters WHERE Clue > '0'") or die(mysql_error()); 
$RESULT mysql_num_rows($TQ);
    if (
$result == 0) {
        echo 
"They just dont get it!";
        } else {
            echo 
"OMFG!!";
            }
?>
Nespheratu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 18:12   #3
SharpKnife :].
SexyMod
 
SharpKnife :].'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in love
Posts: 4,511
SharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond reputeSharpKnife :]. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glizo View Post
Okay, now I know right off the bat some of you will disagree and say that it will give archers an unfair advantage, BUT.. it will also give YOU an advantage so before you make your decision think about this..

I think it would be really awesome if there was a way to identify the quality of an Item before you pick it up off the ground. Nothing too fancy, but just a simple changing of the font colors would do just nicely. It could be the same color as the quality of the item. Such as; light blue for refined, dark blue for unique, purple for elite and yellow/gold for super.. white for normal. Along with that, it could be done so that you can only see the quality of the items that you personally drop. That way, to everyone else around you, it looks like just a bunch of normal items or whatever. It would save time picking up garbage, yet it would also help if you're one of those people that just doesn't bother picking things up cause it's too much of a hassle if you pick up nothing but normal stuff. This way it will allow you to not look over any potentially valuable items you might not pick up otherwise.

So, if you agree with this, post a response to this thread and vote! Maybe if enough people agree we could convince TQ it's a good idea!!

Thanks everyone! =)
the thing is..

this has been tried several times, but none of those attempts have been able to get past the root problem with this idea.

if it was added, that would mean that when any low lvl jumping around BI sees an item thats labled elite/super ect. they're gonna sit on it. whereas if it wasnt labled, it'd most likley be overlooked. and someone else could pick it up.

it'd create more pking over items, and ppl would follow you, trying to attack you after they see what you picked up. whereas if they werent labled, they probably wouldnt attack you.
__________________
***9825; Darien -Still- Loves Megan ***9825;

Dagger Guide

My Suggestions

Quotes

[Retired]Mod of Arts, Suggestions, Off-Topic, Lion, Honor

[Retired]Avatar/Signature Maker-


-

Quit CO/CO Forums
SharpKnife :]. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 18:19   #4
Glizo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 39
Glizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpKnife :]. View Post
the thing is..

this has been tried several times, but none of those attempts have been able to get past the root problem with this idea.

if it was added, that would mean that when any low lvl jumping around BI sees an item thats labled elite/super ect. they're gonna sit on it. whereas if it wasnt labled, it'd most likley be overlooked. and someone else could pick it up.

it'd create more pking over items, and ppl would follow you, trying to attack you after they see what you picked up. whereas if they werent labled, they probably wouldnt attack you.

I totally agree with what you're saying. That's why I said that it should be labeled in such a way that only YOU can see what YOU dropped. Items dropped by other people would look the way they look now. So someone standing next to you would have no idea what you dropped, and visa versa.
Glizo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 19:40   #5
SylvanasWind
Sexy Bish!
 
SylvanasWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,924
SylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glizo View Post
I totally agree with what you're saying. That's why I said that it should be labeled in such a way that only YOU can see what YOU dropped. Items dropped by other people would look the way they look now. So someone standing next to you would have no idea what you dropped, and visa versa.
LAZY ehh?
__________________
IVE QUIT FOREVER =]
Dragon:
SylvanasWind(126 archer > 129 Fire) Best Hub: ~CanadianArcher
All fire spells fixed including Fire Met! Woot! Fixed on April 18, 2008. Wepon Skills next to be fixed. Speedgun, WideStrike, Scent Sword Fixed.

WildSwan:
An Upcoming War>Wat?
SylvanasWind is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 20:19   #6
Robinhu
Registered User
 
Robinhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 40
Robinhu is an unknown quantity at this point
I voted YES.

Altho i think TQ wants to force you to pick up all the garbage since their idea of the drops is to make it work as a lottery, if you are lucky enough you pick to correct item bahhh :/

It will not stop other from using BOT tho because they will still want to know if you had a good drop, instead since both will know its a good drop you would have to fight for it

sooo if i have to fight for my drop, im ready to do it.
Robinhu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 20:21   #7
SylvanasWind
Sexy Bish!
 
SylvanasWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,924
SylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhu View Post
I voted YES.

Altho i think TQ wants to force you to pick up all the garbage since their idea of the drops is to make it work as a lottery, if you are lucky enough you pick to correct item bahhh :/

It will not stop other from using BOT tho because they will still want to know if you had a good drop, instead since both will know its a good drop you would have to fight for it

sooo if i have to fight for my drop, im ready to do it.
dude everything is easy nowadays. If you go back like 3 years ago everything was hard and getting something super and +3 ways godly and you would be proud

Now its way to easy to get anything, so stop being lazy and just pick up ur items cause it takes less than 1 min to pick and drop
__________________
IVE QUIT FOREVER =]
Dragon:
SylvanasWind(126 archer > 129 Fire) Best Hub: ~CanadianArcher
All fire spells fixed including Fire Met! Woot! Fixed on April 18, 2008. Wepon Skills next to be fixed. Speedgun, WideStrike, Scent Sword Fixed.

WildSwan:
An Upcoming War>Wat?
SylvanasWind is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 20:29   #8
Robinhu
Registered User
 
Robinhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 40
Robinhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvanasWind View Post
dude everything is easy nowadays. If you go back like 3 years ago everything was hard and getting something super and +3 ways godly and you would be proud

Now its way to easy to get anything, so stop being lazy and just pick up ur items cause it takes less than 1 min to pick and drop
Wow how could i not see it? thanks man you just made me realise that i have to pick all my drops while other are using hacks to identify which of my drops they will pick,and that if i get too pissed off then the solution would be to join them and use a hack too. analyze that again please.
Robinhu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 20:32   #9
-DontRead-
<3 Snu Snu
 
-DontRead-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: I never thought id die this way... but i always hoped ^^
Posts: 562
-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to -DontRead- Send a message via Skype™ to -DontRead-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhu View Post
Wow how could i not see it? thanks man you just made me realise that i have to pick all my drops while other are using hacks to identify which of my drops they will pick,and that if i get too pissed off then the solution would be to join them and use a hack too. analyze that again please.
dont stoop to botters lv?
-DontRead- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 20:38   #10
Robinhu
Registered User
 
Robinhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 40
Robinhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DontRead- View Post
dont stoop to botters lv?
We are not talking about botters leveling.
Robinhu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 20:42   #11
-DontRead-
<3 Snu Snu
 
-DontRead-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: I never thought id die this way... but i always hoped ^^
Posts: 562
-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute-DontRead- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to -DontRead- Send a message via Skype™ to -DontRead-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhu View Post
We are not talking about botters leveling.
dont stoop to botters level
as in their way of thinking <,<
-DontRead- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 21:19   #12
SylvanasWind
Sexy Bish!
 
SylvanasWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,924
SylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhu View Post
Wow how could i not see it? thanks man you just made me realise that i have to pick all my drops while other are using hacks to identify which of my drops they will pick,and that if i get too pissed off then the solution would be to join them and use a hack too. analyze that again please.
dude retard you can only see the quality of wepons only according to all my sources
__________________
IVE QUIT FOREVER =]
Dragon:
SylvanasWind(126 archer > 129 Fire) Best Hub: ~CanadianArcher
All fire spells fixed including Fire Met! Woot! Fixed on April 18, 2008. Wepon Skills next to be fixed. Speedgun, WideStrike, Scent Sword Fixed.

WildSwan:
An Upcoming War>Wat?
SylvanasWind is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 22:17   #13
Robinhu
Registered User
 
Robinhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 40
Robinhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvanasWind View Post
dude retard you can only see the quality of wepons only according to all my sources
Did you read the whole thread? Nah i dont think you did.
Robinhu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2009, 23:58   #14
kvdk[school]
aClone #15
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: china
Posts: 108
kvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhu View Post
Did you read the whole thread? Nah i dont think you did.
only attack items still show quality while on the ground [that means fan/weapons]

BUT, it used to be possible to change files and get quality to show on the ground..

THEN TQ PATCHED THAT, they made the quality system for all defense items server-side

THEY DONT WANT THIS, SO IT WONT EVER HAPPEN!
__________________
CO is like a car wreck..

you cant help but want to see it go down in flames
kvdk[school] is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31   #15
Robinhu
Registered User
 
Robinhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 40
Robinhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk[school] View Post
only attack items still show quality while on the ground [that means fan/weapons]

BUT, it used to be possible to change files and get quality to show on the ground..

THEN TQ PATCHED THAT, they made the quality system for all defense items server-side

THEY DONT WANT THIS, SO IT WONT EVER HAPPEN!
True, but still, its' just a suggestion someone made and we are voting. Go Vote and stop telling others what TQ will or not do.
Robinhu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29.


You Rated this Thread: