Old 05-15-2009, 20:19   #1
Novo

Novo is on a distinguished road
Bounty Hunter System

Hey guys, hope this post is in the right spot.

I think conquer needs a bounty hunter system. This would be a system where if another person keeps killing you or insulting you, you can pay 10cps or however much you like to a certain NPC, and then the next person in the server to kill that person gets the 10cps that you paid to the NPC as a reward.

let me know what you think.
cheers.
Novo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2009, 20:54   #2
Darkcloud.
Banned

Darkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond reputeDarkcloud. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Darkcloud. Send a message via AIM to Darkcloud. Send a message via MSN to Darkcloud. Send a message via Yahoo to Darkcloud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Hey guys, hope this post is in the right spot.

I think conquer needs a bounty hunter system. This would be a system where if another person keeps killing you or insulting you, you can pay 10cps or however much you like to a certain NPC, and then the next person in the server to kill that person gets the 10cps that you paid to the NPC as a reward.

let me know what you think.
cheers.
they took it away
Darkcloud. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2009, 15:44   #3
SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud. View Post
they took it away
Wasn't the system brought back but really limited now?
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2009, 15:51   #4
kvdk
Alien #15

Location: In your head, stealing your secrets... oooh, a good one!
kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Wasn't the system brought back but really limited now?
no, its gone permanently, it got abused [people killed themselves for the cash]
kvdk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2009, 13:08   #5
runingwolf1980

runingwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk View Post
no, its gone permanently, it got abused [people killed themselves for the cash]
i think hes talking about you yourself putting a bounty on their head, so whoever it is gets raped by everyone in the server, not that the server or game would pay for it. its still pretty easy to abuse, example some one kills a person several times then brings one of their other characters to kill the one that was killing the person but that would just be a risk to putting the bounty up
also whoever it was would have to compete with anyone else paying attention to the bounty,,, it has its up points and its down points. but i say again be a little more elaborate in your posts people, otherwise people will say no for the stupidest reasons, just because its similar to a previous post or previous function of the game doesnt mean that its the same idea.....

you have my support
-z-
runingwolf1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2009, 13:40   #6
kvdk
Alien #15

kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by runingwolf1980 View Post
i think hes talking about you yourself putting a bounty on their head, so whoever it is gets raped by everyone in the server, not that the server or game would pay for it. its still pretty easy to abuse, example some one kills a person several times then brings one of their other characters to kill the one that was killing the person but that would just be a risk to putting the bounty up
also whoever it was would have to compete with anyone else paying attention to the bounty,,, it has its up points and its down points. but i say again be a little more elaborate in your posts people, otherwise people will say no for the stupidest reasons, just because its similar to a previous post or previous function of the game doesnt mean that its the same idea.....

you have my support
-z-
this is what happened with the old system:

> person1 gets killed a lot by person2
> person1 puts a bounty on person2's head
> person2 has his noob kill him, claiming 70% of the bounty [30% is for the system]
> person1 just paid person2 for PKing him

adding it back, would result in abuse again...
Old 05-18-2009, 20:37   #7
Novo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk View Post
this is what happened with the old system:

> person1 gets killed a lot by person2
> person1 puts a bounty on person2's head
> person2 has his noob kill him, claiming 70% of the bounty [30% is for the system]
> person1 just paid person2 for PKing him

adding it back, would result in abuse again...

ahhh yes. i see your point. hadn't thought of that. i'll try to think think of some way around it because i would love to see some form of bounty hunting introduced. cheer for the feedback.
Old 05-18-2009, 20:59   #8
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
How is this any different from the Broadcast? Ex: 1 DB to the person that kills XXXXX
Seems like it does exactly what you would want.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2009, 02:22   #9
Novo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
How is this any different from the Broadcast? Ex: 1 DB to the person that kills XXXXX
Seems like it does exactly what you would want.
Using broadcast etc always requires screenshots of the kill to be emailed to the broadcaster. And then your not guaranteed of getting the reward from the person anyway. Just trying to come up with something a bit simpler that is integrated into the game.
cheers.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:45   #10
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
touche. I guess I was thinking more about when you kill a red/black name and it announces it.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2009, 02:46   #11
kvdk
Alien #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Using broadcast etc always requires screenshots of the kill to be emailed to the broadcaster. And then your not guaranteed of getting the reward from the person anyway. Just trying to come up with something a bit simpler that is integrated into the game.
cheers.
any system that allows anyone to kill, can also be abused [and WILL be abused]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: