View Poll Results: Item Quality Ident. A Good Idea?
Yes! That would be awesome! 33 51.56%
No! I think that's a bad idea! 20 31.25%
I don't care either way. 7 10.94%
I'm not sure. 4 6.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 19:57   #31
SylvanasWind
Sexy Bish!

SylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanasWind has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glizo View Post
You can identify +1's through mentor system?
How is it that that works exactly?
I've never heard of such a thing..
apprentice yourself, kill monsters, and check to see if +1 point goes up
All fire spells fixed including Fire Met! Woot! Fixed on April 18, 2008. Wepon Skills next to be fixed. Speedgun, WideStrike, Scent Sword Fixed.

WildSwan:
An Upcoming War>Wat?
SylvanasWind is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2009, 19:59   #32
Demonium
Uh.... ok?

Demonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Finally! Someone brings up the +1s! I was waiting for that. And I have a rebutle for you for that. That is EXACTLY why this idea would work. Not having the +1s labeled as anything would still be enough motivation (at least for me) to pick up the unlabeled items. I can ALWAYS use +1s and so can pretty much everyone. So that hits on the point of still taking a gamble and having to pick up items whether labeled or not. Now obviously that would bring up the question "then what's the point in having anything labeled" and my answer for that would be this. Say you're in a hurry trying to get a quest done real fast and you don't have enough time to pick up anything.. then the labeling system would come in handy because it would allow you to see if you're missing something. BUT.. when you're out hunting or just playing at a relaxed pace, then you would be more likely to just pick up everything that drops.. or at least most of the drops.. and that's when you'd get your +1's and negative damage stuff. Thank you for bringing up the point about +1s. It's a very good argument. =)
People are lazy, you and I might not be which is great, but unfortunately the general populace is lazy in conquer. =/
This would definately create market inflation on +1 items.

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
Demonium's rules to follow guide:
#1 Don't touch Himie's Starfish or you will face death by loli.
#2 Feed Himie or same thing will happen.
#3 Everything Demonium says or writes can be used against him.
*scribble scribble* #4 All above rules are void. -signed Demonium.
Demonium is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2009, 03:45   #33
RealMoon

RealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond reputeRealMoon has a reputation beyond repute
No, when the game display th item quality, all player will "STAND" on the good items that the original owner will LOST the items.

If you want to do that, it need to display items (even normal or special item) to the owner only on the first xx minutes (time period just allow owner to pick the item up). If the owner dont pick it up, it will appear to all other player.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56   #34
Demonium
Uh.... ok?

Demonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMoon View Post
No, when the game display th item quality, all player will "STAND" on the good items that the original owner will LOST the items.

If you want to do that, it need to display items (even normal or special item) to the owner only on the first xx minutes (time period just allow owner to pick the item up). If the owner dont pick it up, it will appear to all other player.
Very true, I completely forgot about that issue.

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
Demonium's rules to follow guide:
#1 Don't touch Himie's Starfish or you will face death by loli.
#2 Feed Himie or same thing will happen.
#3 Everything Demonium says or writes can be used against him.
*scribble scribble* #4 All above rules are void. -signed Demonium.
Demonium is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13   #35
Glizo

Glizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMoon View Post

Yeah that's a good point. I think that would be a good idea. To give the owner a certain time limit to pick it up.
Glizo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2009, 13:41   #36
Glizo

Glizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond reputeGlizo has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Bump.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:57   #37
Glizo

Bump!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49   #38
DesertFalcon007

DesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond reputeDesertFalcon007 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah that's a good point. I think that would be a good idea. To give the owner a certain time limit to pick it up.
i agree as well
DesertFalcon007 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2009, 15:49   #39
LucynV

LucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond reputeLucynV has a reputation beyond repute
It seems to me that, once again, everyone is over analyzing the situation here.

One thing I noticed that made Blizzard one of the BEST companies at running an mmorpg was the fact that rather than battling against popular 3rd party programs, they made them obsolete by adding them as functions to the game itself.

TQ would do well to take that example. It's part of knowing what your players WANT.

And on that note, I vote no. Though it would be fun to do battle every time an elite drops.... that's what dragonball drops are for.
LucynV is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2009, 23:14   #40
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I have to say it would be a nice little shortcut for players, but it defeats the whole purpose of dropping different quality items in the first place. Nice doesnt always mean good.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2009, 23:42   #41
runingwolf1980

runingwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond reputeruningwolf1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Okay, now I know right off the bat some of you will disagree and say that it will give archers an unfair advantage, BUT.. it will also give YOU an advantage so before you make your decision think about this..

I think it would be really awesome if there was a way to identify the quality of an Item before you pick it up off the ground. Nothing too fancy, but just a simple changing of the font colors would do just nicely. It could be the same color as the quality of the item. Such as; light blue for refined, dark blue for unique, purple for elite and yellow/gold for super.. white for normal. Along with that, it could be done so that you can only see the quality of the items that you personally drop. That way, to everyone else around you, it looks like just a bunch of normal items or whatever. It would save time picking up garbage, yet it would also help if you're one of those people that just doesn't bother picking things up cause it's too much of a hassle if you pick up nothing but normal stuff. This way it will allow you to not look over any potentially valuable items you might not pick up otherwise.

So, if you agree with this, post a response to this thread and vote! Maybe if enough people agree we could convince TQ it's a good idea!!

Thanks everyone! =)
idk i think to an extent they already did this but i like the idea none the less i mean if botters can do it and get away with it why no......
runingwolf1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38   #42
_dante_

_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute_dante_ has a reputation beyond repute
They(Blizzard) are good, cuz they actualy ban cheaters so game is cleaner for fair players...
dante_no_chi : wat-war-mon(140)

2x sdg +12 cap(-7)
2x sdg +12 neckie (-7)
2x sdg +12 heavy ring (-7)
2x sdg +8 boots (-7)
2x stg +8 fan (-1)
2x sgg +12 tower (-1)
2x sdg +12 frock (-7)
2x sdg +12 beads(-7 and -5)
+12 steed
_dante_ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2009, 02:43   #43
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE
勒茲萬

BanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Okay, now I know right off the bat some of you will disagree and say that it will give archers an unfair advantage, BUT.. it will also give YOU an advantage so before you make your decision think about this..

I think it would be really awesome if there was a way to identify the quality of an Item before you pick it up off the ground. Nothing too fancy, but just a simple changing of the font colors would do just nicely. It could be the same color as the quality of the item. Such as; light blue for refined, dark blue for unique, purple for elite and yellow/gold for super.. white for normal. Along with that, it could be done so that you can only see the quality of the items that you personally drop. That way, to everyone else around you, it looks like just a bunch of normal items or whatever. It would save time picking up garbage, yet it would also help if you're one of those people that just doesn't bother picking things up cause it's too much of a hassle if you pick up nothing but normal stuff. This way it will allow you to not look over any potentially valuable items you might not pick up otherwise.

So, if you agree with this, post a response to this thread and vote! Maybe if enough people agree we could convince TQ it's a good idea!!

Thanks everyone! =)
1- i think every single person on this game use the itemtype alredy
2- i voted yes thinkin that will make legit the itemtype
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2009, 03:06   #44
kvdk[school]
aClone #15

kvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond reputekvdk[school] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanIP%Is%A%JOKE View Post
1- i think every single person on this game use the itemtype alredy
2- i voted yes thinkin that will make legit the itemtype
1) TQ made itemtype useless, only works for weapons/fans now
2) They wont, its TQ, no matter how much we want it, they wont.. period

you cant help but want to see it go down in flames
kvdk[school] is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12   #45
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE
勒茲萬

BanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk[school] View Post
1) TQ made itemtype useless, only works for weapons/fans now
2) They wont, its TQ, no matter how much we want it, they wont.. period
1- i guess u don't have any friend lvl 3 on epvp
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: