View Poll Results: Which interface do you like?
Picture One 131 48.52%
Picture Two 52 19.26%
Picture Three 34 12.59%
Picture Four 12 4.44%
The current one 24 8.89%
Others 17 6.30%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2009, 07:50   #16
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
definitely 1.

I like it. It will actually change the whole feel of the game i reckon.

And number and f keys are okay. If you think about it, its more functional, since they're closer together.

what would make it perfect, is if we changed crtl (jump button and other stuff) to space bar (or something near there, like 'v')

It's just a lot more ergonomic and functional.

Think about it. With the current hotkey system, you have to move your whole hand to reach the f5-10 keys. And as most people have ctrl+z as sit for fb-ing and stuff, it makes it really awkward to hit the f-keys for potting and changing skills etc.

F1-4 and numbers 1-4 actually makes a lot of sense i reckon.

But in any case, it would be best if it was fully customizable. Can set any key for jump, and then have 10 hotkey spaces, where we can assign an action/skill, and assign a key on our keyboards.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 07:59   #17
Lement
Not a Tao

Lement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond repute
Just let the players choose. If not, then 1.

@CheekyPunk27:

You may be left handed and so using left side of the keyboard, but I am righthanded and so use the right side(ex: jump with right ctrl, pot on F9, scroll on F10, sit on F7 and so on....)
Lement is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02   #18
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Location: Suomi prkl!!!!!!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 113 = 11628
ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
definitely 1.

And number and f keys are okay. If you think about it, its more functional, since they're closer together.

what would make it perfect, is if we changed crtl (jump button and other stuff) to space bar (or something near there, like 'v')

Think about it. With the current hotkey system, you have to move your whole hand to reach the f5-10 keys. And as most people have ctrl+z as sit for fb-ing and stuff, it makes it really awkward to hit the f-keys for potting and changing skills etc.

But in any case, it would be best if it was fully customizable. Can set any key for jump, and then have 10 hotkey spaces, where we can assign an action/skill, and assign a key on our keyboards.
there's few practical problems with 1,2,3,4 compared to rest of f-keys.

One of them being, imagine a scenario:

You're chatting in guild chat, just typing something normal like "ananta i love you, you're my greatest inspiration. You're pure awesome".

Suddenly, someone attacks you and you notice you have skill Cure instead of fastblade on the skills.

You have potions on 1, bundles on 2, fb on 3.

you click 1 to pot up, 2 to open up new bundle and 3 to select skills.

Only to notice that you're dead, because instead of using pots and selecting skills, you check your chat bar and curse, what you see is: "ananta i love you, you're my greatest inspiration. You're pure awesome1122111133".
ananta...~v.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44   #19
XiahouDun
Banned

XiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond reputeXiahouDun has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananta...~v.4 View Post

You're chatting in guild chat, just typing something normal like "ananta i love you, you're my greatest inspiration. You're pure awesome".

Suddenly, someone attacks you and you notice you have skill Cure instead of fastblade on the skills.

Only to notice that you're dead, because instead of using pots and selecting skills, you check your chat bar and curse, what you see is: "ananta i love you, you're my greatest inspiration. You're pure awesome1122111133".
Win again.
XiahouDun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 09:20   #20
UCANTSEEMEE
Buckets

UCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
definitely 1.

wtf space or v? we type with that ctrl is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinks View Post
Arguing who's the most skillful pirate lol. Whats next, most skillful Assassin? or maybe even Fire tao.
^ sums up co pretty much
UCANTSEEMEE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 09:31   #21
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Location: Suomi prkl!!!!!!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 113 = 11628
ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
My normal grip on keyboard... I got...

ctrl, a, w/s, d, space.
>------------------>
from little finger to thumb in that order. So control is perfect for jumping.
ananta...~v.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24   #22
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
One. But question: Where will the chat bar be?
And... could you make it so that broadcast would be somewhere out of the screen? Like anywhere on the bottom of it so we will not click on it when we jump.

And the icons to be put where the player portrait is sounds ok.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 14:04   #23
Shikona

Shikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananta...~v.4 View Post

I had that problem all the time on EO lol except the ananta part then.
Shikona is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 21:00   #24
Hand
Counter

Hand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond reputeHand has a reputation beyond repute
The first one is interesting but I still quite prefer darker schemes >.>
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 04:59   #25
randeh
☺☼۞۝۞☼☺

randeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to randeh Send a message via Yahoo to randeh
well since 2 and 4 are both nearly identical in every way except for 2 differences, and 3 is poopcakes, ill vote for number 1 ...but not very enthusiastically x_x;

Casually playing CO again between work & Tera (Randeh - 60 Sorc MT 168 iLvl - hit me up) :3

Great Wall
randy- 140 pure water (formerly wakeke)
wham - 137 tro-tro-tro-water-war-tro-war-water-war-archer
randeh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41   #26
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lement View Post
Just let the players choose. If not, then 1.

@CheekyPunk27:

You may be left handed and so using left side of the keyboard, but I am righthanded and so use the right side(ex: jump with right ctrl, pot on F9, scroll on F10, sit on F7 and so on....)
^, except the fact I use my left hand for the right side. Rights on the mouse
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22   #27
Bryan1987

Bryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bryan1987
i think i speak for everyone when i say,
  • we don't want ur crappy interfaces from your other games
  • we don't like stuff cluttering on the screen
  • and we like things to be transparent

stop giving us crap,

y change the chat system to a box in game? it just GETS IN THE *** WAY

y change where the health bar is and putting it in the middle of screen with a picture of your char? it just GETS IN THE *** WAY

y change the hotkeys to 1-4 instead of F1-F10? it just GETS IN THE *** WAY (interferes with chatting where as F1-F10 does not)

so to conclude, stop trying to revamp the interface, if u want to change it, just change the skin, not the interface itself, it's FINE THE WAY IT IS

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	120849  
Bryan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 10:28   #28
SlayerZv2
hai ๏̯͡๏

SlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really care.
If I end up not hating it, I'll make adjustments to my liking.

S> GEAR
Classic - Liberty

Challenge Accepted

-----------------

The best there ever was.
SlayerZv2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 11:13   #29
randeh
☺☼۞۝۞☼☺

randeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to randeh Send a message via Yahoo to randeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1987 View Post
i think i speak for everyone when i say,
  • we don't want ur crappy interfaces from your other games
  • we don't like stuff cluttering on the screen
  • and we like things to be transparent

stop giving us crap,

y change the chat system to a box in game? it just GETS IN THE *** WAY

y change where the health bar is and putting it in the middle of screen with a picture of your char? it just GETS IN THE *** WAY

y change the hotkeys to 1-4 instead of F1-F10? it just GETS IN THE *** WAY (interferes with chatting where as F1-F10 does not)

so to conclude, stop trying to revamp the interface, if u want to change it, just change the skin, not the interface itself, it's FINE THE WAY IT IS

translucent* would be fine =o) i agreedz

Casually playing CO again between work & Tera (Randeh - 60 Sorc MT 168 iLvl - hit me up) :3

Great Wall
randy- 140 pure water (formerly wakeke)
wham - 137 tro-tro-tro-water-war-tro-war-water-war-archer
randeh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 11:18   #30
Lement
Not a Tao

Lement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
^, except the fact I use my left hand for the right side. Rights on the mouse
I do too, just post read wrong. Right is on the mouse.
Lement is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: