Old 01-26-2012, 14:45   #1
Fishlet

Fishlet is on a distinguished road
Waters Overpowered - An Honest Opinion

I play a Water Taoist. I've been reborn now and I'm telling it like I see it: The class is ridiculously, horribly overpowered, second to only one other class in the game which you need a lot of skill to play. On top of that, magic caster is always, always the weakest class is a game. Here it's second from the top, and that needs to be changed for a lot of reasons, but also because it's counter to peoples' expectations of what a fantasy MMORPG will be. You want NEW players, don't you? Don't have eggs that crack open to reveal baby mice; people will be surprised, upset, and stop buying the eggs.

The reasons why Waters are overpowered, as I see it, are thus:

1. No Spirit requirements on backswords, allowing Taoists to dump everything into Vitality. Vitality is your god stat; it is the stat you pump up when you've met your requirements. Vitality translates into extra hit points and thus extra staying power, and it is the place where those extra points from sticking it out 'til 130 (I did this, not easy) matters. It is not supposed to be a way to dump your other, less valuable stats and pump your Vitality up high.
2. Buffs. Water Taoists should not be able to buff themselves. Don't nerf the buffs (this is what the class is about after all) but make a Water unable to cast Stigma, Star of Accuracy, or Magic Shield on himself.
3. Azure Shield. It's too powerful and it needs to be removed. Replace it with something that's useful in a team but useless to the solo Water, especially in the arena.
4. Zap. Fire Taoist shares this advantage. To fix it, increase the range and power of all melee ranged skills such as Fast Blade. Decrease the range of Fire and Tornado to below Herc, and nerf the damage to about a fourth or a fifth of what it is. Make Thunder, Fire, and Tornado more like Fast Blade also, so that it requires skill to hit and only hits a 1x1 area.

Now, here's where I feel a little cheated as a Water Taoist. Let me clarify though, none of this should even be talked about until ALL of the above has been done, and probably more yet.

1. Support. Water Taoist loses to Monk as a support class. Monks can remove Fog, and I can't. Soul Shackle beats a rez hands-down. Why not replace Azure Shield with a pure skill that removes Shackle? Now Monk is a powerful fighter and a decent leveler on its own, and a great solo boss-killer. So why would you want a Water in your party to kill the Terrato Dragon or Snow Banshee? You wouldn't. You want a Monk, and after you've got that, you want another Monk. And then, another. Why? Auras. So am I supposed to be a support class or not? If not, I see no reason to power down Waters. But if so, I feel I should outshine the Monk as a party member, a healer, and a buffer because of my low offense compared to Monk.
2. Overworld PK While Taoist shines in the arena, it's hugely gimped on the overworld. Being one-shotted by people half my battle power, because of the low defense on robes, doesn't feel great, and to me, already at a disadvantage farming and hunting, this should be adjusted. Reason being is simply this: It shouldn't be a simple matter of who can or can't one-shot the other person. They can, and I can't, so they win. They have no threat of retaliation this way since by the time they're blue-named I'm dead. Waters are supposed to be the goody-goodies of Conquer right? Well personally I think Water Taoist should have a disadvantage that is exactly the opposite of the Pirate one: Double PK points for killing others, AND double PK points to others for killing a Water. (if 20 is red-name, not sure never went that high, then just make it 15) I also think if you kill a Water you should have a cooldown where you cannot use a penitence amulet for one hour. OR... (not and) Waters should get some kind of defense against overworld PK, something that wouldn't strengthen them in the arena.
• Botting, changes to botjail, ways to catch botters, cheat prevention, fix aimbot, ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
yay i am a retard, woot woot,,,
Fishlet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 16:27   #2
Dannykinz
CoDoctor

Dannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond reputeDannykinz has a reputation beyond repute
put tortoise gems in your gears then you wont get 1 hit, but yeah i kinda agree water and their azure and vit points make them overpowered, i play as a pure water but only because my gears arent strong enough to tank +12s without shield but when i do get good enough gears, ill be reincarnating into monk-war-wat using a spear
Dannykinz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 16:36   #3
Tide.
Banned k?

Tide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond reputeTide. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Tide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlet View Post
I play a Water Taoist. I've been reborn now and I'm telling it like I see it: The class is ridiculously, horribly overpowered, second to only one other class in the game which you need a lot of skill to play. On top of that, magic caster is always, always the weakest class is a game. Here it's second from the top, and that needs to be changed for a lot of reasons, but also because it's counter to peoples' expectations of what a fantasy MMORPG will be. You want NEW players, don't you? Don't have eggs that crack open to reveal baby mice; people will be surprised, upset, and stop buying the eggs.

1. No Spirit requirements on backswords, allowing Taoists to dump everything into Vitality. Vitality is your god stat; it is the stat you pump up when you've met your requirements. Vitality translates into extra hit points and thus extra staying power, and it is the place where those extra points from sticking it out 'til 130 (I did this, not easy) matters. It is not supposed to be a way to dump your other, less valuable stats and pump your Vitality up high.
2. Buffs. Water Taoists should not be able to buff themselves. Don't nerf the buffs (this is what the class is about after all) but make a Water unable to cast Stigma, Star of Accuracy, or Magic Shield on himself.
3. Azure Shield. It's too powerful and it needs to be removed. Replace it with something that's useful in a team but useless to the solo Water, especially in the arena.
4. Zap. Fire Taoist shares this advantage. To fix it, increase the range and power of all melee ranged skills such as Fast Blade. Decrease the range of Fire and Tornado to below Herc, and nerf the damage to about a fourth or a fifth of what it is. Make Thunder, Fire, and Tornado more like Fast Blade also, so that it requires skill to hit and only hits a 1x1 area.

Now, here's where I feel a little cheated as a Water Taoist. Let me clarify though, none of this should even be talked about until ALL of the above has been done, and probably more yet.

1. Support. Water Taoist loses to Monk as a support class. Monks can remove Fog, and I can't. Soul Shackle beats a rez hands-down. Why not replace Azure Shield with a pure skill that removes Shackle? Now Monk is a powerful fighter and a decent leveler on its own, and a great solo boss-killer. So why would you want a Water in your party to kill the Terrato Dragon or Snow Banshee? You wouldn't. You want a Monk, and after you've got that, you want another Monk. And then, another. Why? Auras. So am I supposed to be a support class or not? If not, I see no reason to power down Waters. But if so, I feel I should outshine the Monk as a party member, a healer, and a buffer because of my low offense compared to Monk.
2. Overworld PK While Taoist shines in the arena, it's hugely gimped on the overworld. Being one-shotted by people half my battle power, because of the low defense on robes, doesn't feel great, and to me, already at a disadvantage farming and hunting, this should be adjusted. Reason being is simply this: It shouldn't be a simple matter of who can or can't one-shot the other person. They can, and I can't, so they win. They have no threat of retaliation this way since by the time they're blue-named I'm dead. Waters are supposed to be the goody-goodies of Conquer right? Well personally I think Water Taoist should have a disadvantage that is exactly the opposite of the Pirate one: Double PK points for killing others, AND double PK points to others for killing a Water. (if 20 is red-name, not sure never went that high, then just make it 15) I also think if you kill a Water you should have a cooldown where you cannot use a penitence amulet for one hour. OR... (not and) Waters should get some kind of defense against overworld PK, something that wouldn't strengthen them in the arena.
spirit requirement on backswords wouldn't matter since all classes can pretty much reallot with weapons on for more hp.

suggesting that a water taoist can't buff itself is dumb...it would kill off most melee waters. also, for non melee waters..stig and acc won't do anything to help them so I see no point in taking that away.

azure is one of the main reasons and incentives for people to go wat. also, azure wont help the wat much if it doesn't have stg's in gear. if azure is removed, I'd expect most current waters to just go fire, which is comparably more op. I find it kinda funny that you're talking bout wat taos having low defense but you want azure removed. as for your suggestion for having a cooldown when using pent ammys after you've killed a water...stupid as hell. waters are fine as is.

Price guide for Turquoise V2.0

Great 2nd Rb Guide by KevinT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detergent View Post
Well, Tide is the Fastest working cleaning solution I have ever come across. It Assaults dirt and scum like nobody's business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncnotorious View Post
sword has more agility so its faster ss, blades are stronger than swords....but fb is slower.....

im pro at both, i know.....
kekekeke rinbow munky
Tide. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 16:47   #4
SaintWulfie

SaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond repute
I enjoy the Pk point idea as long as it doesn't affect me trying to kill enemy guild I am fine with it.
But red name should still be 30 or above.
No need to get red name for killing one player lol
After I 2nd Rb Water I most likely will reincarnated into Pure Wat because I will realised fog is a terrible selection now due to detox and what not.
Being Pure Wat already got it disadvantage before they can shine in battle due to Azure Shield.

In term of normal average Water who have no clans or gear, leveling is severely hindered due to lack of Superman. You don't get reflect as well since it very useful. The high tier player might consider reflect as rubbish due to it limit, but weaker player appreciated it usefulness.

You don't own in killing. You can like Fire them for a decent amount but they will pots if off and try to land that one hit on you. Just one hit is all it take to kill you. Azure shield isn't too godly and it required timing as well.
Old 01-26-2012, 17:31   #5
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannykinz View Post
put tortoise gems in your gears then you wont get 1 hit, but yeah i kinda agree water and their azure and vit points make them overpowered, i play as a pure water but only because my gears arent strong enough to tank +12s without shield but when i do get good enough gears, ill be reincarnating into monk-war-wat using a spear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide. View Post
spirit requirement on backswords wouldn't matter since all classes can pretty much reallot with weapons on for more hp.

suggesting that a water taoist can't buff itself is dumb...it would kill off most melee waters. also, for non melee waters..stig and acc won't do anything to help them so I see no point in taking that away.

azure is one of the main reasons and incentives for people to go wat. also, azure wont help the wat much if it doesn't have stg's in gear. if azure is removed, I'd expect most current waters to just go fire, which is comparably more op. I find it kinda funny that you're talking bout wat taos having low defense but you want azure removed. as for your suggestion for having a cooldown when using pent ammys after you've killed a water...stupid as hell. waters are fine as is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintWulfie View Post
I enjoy the Pk point idea as long as it doesn't affect me trying to kill enemy guild I am fine with it.
But red name should still be 30 or above.
No need to get red name for killing one player lol
After I 2nd Rb Water I most likely will reincarnated into Pure Wat because I will realised fog is a terrible selection now due to detox and what not.
Being Pure Wat already got it disadvantage before they can shine in battle due to Azure Shield.

In term of normal average Water who have no clans or gear, leveling is severely hindered due to lack of Superman. You don't get reflect as well since it very useful. The high tier player might consider reflect as rubbish due to it limit, but weaker player appreciated it usefulness.

You don't own in killing. You can like Fire them for a decent amount but they will pots if off and try to land that one hit on you. Just one hit is all it take to kill you. Azure shield isn't too godly and it required timing as well.
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 18:46   #6
ChaoticArcher
~|KhAoS|~

ChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond reputeChaoticArcher has a reputation beyond repute
whats op is azure in stpk and casting azures on other people.... even the fact that the water is nearly immortal with it is nothing compared to that
Started here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_h_Htr3fc
Now we here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CBUaS-qoI egys gonna egg

S>26 EndlessDance garments on snowfall or championsEU server with +2 CS and +2 IMMUNITY expires 30days.
over 2 years of uber immunity or an ace up your sleeve when you need to win that big tourny. PM for details.
ChaoticArcher is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 19:01   #7
randeh
☺☼۞۝۞☼☺

randeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond reputerandeh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to randeh Send a message via Yahoo to randeh
op is the stupidest *** piece of **** in the game. delete.

Casually playing CO again between work & Tera (Randeh - 60 Sorc MT 168 iLvl - hit me up) :3

Great Wall
randy- 140 pure water (formerly wakeke)
wham - 137 tro-tro-tro-water-war-tro-war-water-war-archer
randeh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 19:04   #8
littleboy654

littleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond repute
azure shield is fine.. Although it does get irritating during stpk, and team pk tournies.. There should be some sort of cooldown though..Idk 5 sec before you could cast it again?
littleboy654 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 20:23   #9
Dussel
Fly Strong

Dussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond reputeDussel has a reputation beyond repute
You are saying all of this from the stand point of a magic water, consider the fact that there are melee waters that depend on being able to buff themselves.
If waters are unable to buff themselves (why the hell that would happen I honestly don't know) wouldn't that carry over to every class that uses a water as its basis? That blows the whole water>war>XXX path.
Azure really is not that powerful unless you are past about 320 pot or have 48pct torts on. It is essentialy necessary for any melee water to get close to hercers so to weaken that would result in crippling a melee water.
Fire itself is not over powered, magic waters and fires are what are over powered, if fire was to be made more like fb as you seem to like the idea of that would once again be hurting the melee classes.

I do see some of your argument, however, you need to take into consideration that there are some other fighting styles that need that which you find to be over powered, because to us it is our only chance in a fight against those skill-less noobs who fight with their credit cards.
Dussel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 20:38   #10
sin411
Super ***e

sin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond reputesin411 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Fire Taoist shares this advantage. To fix it, increase the range and power of all melee ranged skills such as Fast Blade. Decrease the range of Fire and Tornado to below Herc, and nerf the damage to about a fourth or a fifth of what it is. Make Thunder, Fire, and Tornado more like Fast Blade also, so that it requires skill to hit and only hits a 1x1 area.
Once i read this, I knew you were full of bad opinions.
Quote:
Originally posted by ™¤VeYrOn¤™
You make as much sense as a squirrel on crack.
Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
sin411 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2012, 21:41   #11
Sancity

Sancity is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:

Taos = Weak to Phy. Dmg Hitters like Troj and others. Try playing as a Taoist with the default allotted stat.

Quote:
Erm, unable to buff themselves? Since when does this considers an OP? Unless you are a melee water tao, Stig and Acc aren't much useful to self. You ought to be joking me, seriously.

Quote:
Yes, its OP, but again, as I said, Taos = weak to phy. dmg (unless theres a ****load of STGs and +ns and -Damages). Also, you don't see many people complaining about it.

Quote:
Very BAD suggestion. Seriously, this is one-sided.

Quote:

Once again, one sided. Monks can cast aura, and deshackles any dead soul, but can they buff (in terms of monks w/o water as previous state)? Can they revive? No? Then thats what the water taos are there for. Even with lower damage than monks or can't tank like them doesn't mean they are good-for-nothing supporters.

Quote:
2. Overworld PK While Taoist shines in the arena, it's hugely gimped on the overworld. Being one-shotted by people half my battle power, because of the low defense on robes, doesn't feel great, and to me, already at a disadvantage farming and hunting, this should be adjusted. Reason being is simply this: It shouldn't be a simple matter of who can or can't one-shot the other person. They can, and I can't, so they win. They have no threat of retaliation this way since by the time they're blue-named I'm dead. Waters are supposed to be the goody-goodies of Conquer right?
As I stated above, STGs, +ns AND -Damage. Seriously.
Quote:
Well personally I think Water Taoist should have a disadvantage that is exactly the opposite of the Pirate one: Double PK points for killing others, AND double PK points to others for killing a Water. (if 20 is red-name, not sure never went that high, then just make it 15) I also think if you kill a Water you should have a cooldown where you cannot use a penitence amulet for one hour. OR... (not and) Waters should get some kind of defense against overworld PK, something that wouldn't strengthen them in the arena.
Water Taoist are never meant to pk as well as the other class, why on earth would there be a need for 2x pkp? Again, bad suggestion is bad.
Sancity is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36   #12
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Also make it cost like 50 stamina and add a hit rate depending on agility so you could miss it?

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54   #13
A|ex

A|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond reputeA|ex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
Also make it cost like 50 stamina and add a hit rate depending on agility so you could miss it?
lold.

Eagle > Mars > Venus

pirate 385 BP
monk pure 384 BP
Fire 382 BP
war pure 384 bp
water pure 374 bp
asasin 383.
A|ex is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48   #14
Renkinjutsu

Renkinjutsu is on a distinguished road
seens like ppl forgot about poison star

waters cant use azure since they cant get mana

zap a water and he cant use azure for so long
Renkinjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2012, 12:40   #15
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is a troll thread.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: