Old 03-04-2017, 05:42   #16
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BlacK~WolF~ View Post
My laptop Is plugged in when I play and is set to high performance. The thing is my ping is always around 50-75ping in game apart from twin city and market these areas that are the worse can give me spikes if I scroll into twin city npc's player models and that treasure thing in the middle of tc can take anywhere 5-10 seconds to load up but I can see the names of players and npcs.

It's a good job I have these admins helping me out here I'll be sorted in no time.....
Slow hard drive, get an SSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2017, 08:29   #17
~BlacK~WolF~
The WolF

~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute
back again so i was about to give up trying to find a answer to this problem i downloaded fraps to test my fps i am over 80-200 even in twin city & market so it cant be fps problem my ping is 35-100 also so it cant be that :/

also i downloaded steam and tried CS and im getting 60-100fps on there without tweaking anything for it and it runs smooth.

anyone tech savvy and think they could pinpoint the problem? i was about to contact AMD but do not need to if other games are running fine....

oh forgot even used Razor Cortex still does not help.

Returned back to to classic server Royalty_EU

Sir.Tankzalot Water-Warrior-Warrior
Genocide Work in progress
HellBlaze Work in progress
~BlacK~WolF~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2017, 08:51   #18
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
back again so i was about to give up trying to find a answer to this problem i downloaded fraps to test my fps i am over 80-200 even in twin city & market so it cant be fps problem my ping is 35-100 also so it cant be that :/

also i downloaded steam and tried CS and im getting 60-100fps on there without tweaking anything for it and it runs smooth.

anyone tech savvy and think they could pinpoint the problem? i was about to contact AMD but do not need to if other games are running fine....

oh forgot even used Razor Cortex still does not help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Slow hard drive, get an SSD.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-08-2017, 09:29   #19
~BlacK~WolF~
The WolF

~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute~BlacK~WolF~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
If it was a slow hard drive why don't it cause problems for other games then? conquer ran ok on windows XP with a hdd drive not like the graphics have been improved lol

Any other games to test to to see if it's hdd

Old 03-08-2017, 11:37   #20
Smaehtin
Scientist

Quote:
If it was a slow hard drive why don't it cause problems for other games then? conquer ran ok on windows XP with a hdd drive not like the graphics have been improved lol

Any other games to test to to see if it's hdd
Because the client loads models, textures, and "effects" (particles/glows), let's just call it resources, "lazily", meaning that whenever the clients encounters something with texture A, it checks if texture A has already been loaded, and if not, it then loads it from your hard drive.

Since the Windows XP days, a significant amount of new resources has been added to the game (think of all the new garments, accessories, mounts, NPCs, weapons, armors, wings, auras/halos [or whatever you call them - the ones you get for being like "Top Guild Leader"], etc.).

That's why you experience these "spikes". Whenever you scroll to TC, the client has to load - from your hard drive - all the new resources that it hasn't "seen" (loaded) yet. And because the number of resources has increased so much, you're much more likely to experience these stutters nowadays than you were in the Windows XP days.

You can see this clearly if you open a new client, then go to the Market map. The client will stutter a lot the first time, but if you then leave the map and enter it again, it will stutter noticeably less, since the client has already loaded all of the ugly NPCs and their stupid glow effects.

As to why other games play fine for you, it's probably because of the fact that the Conquer client is more than a decade old, and it most likely never received any optimizations with regards to loading resources ... I guess.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-08-2017, 12:12   #21
TheTrashBag
GarbageMan

TheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond repute
Compare http://hdd.userbenchmark.com/ against http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/ and you will see SSD is double the speed of the fastest mechanical HD...
Also if you read the numbers you can see that the HD is the slowest part of pretty much every computer

You can also download a tool to benchmark your PC
Heres my score http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3041814

Started Conquer Online 01/05/05
Cinderella>SnowWhite >Columbus

~MagicTrashBag~
140 Wat/Dra/Dra

TheShadow
119 Wat/War/Nin

MagicGarbageCan
99 Fir/Fir/Fir

TeaBagged
Taking out the trash one player at a time

Last edited by TheTrashBag; 03-08-2017 at 12:49.
TheTrashBag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2017, 13:18   #22
~BlacK~WolF~
The WolF

WOW..... my laptop sucks i did not think it would be this bad.... i do not feel like putting my hand in my pocket to upgrade this piece of junk would rather throw it away and buy a desktop one that will last me for the future. i have always wanted to have a go at building my own one as i know its cheaper and you can get much better specs for the price of pre built but i would not know how to begin really or what parts would be compatible with each other. guess i should start googling and put some research into it.

here is my score if you would like to have a laugh xD
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3042021

Whats the reason mine is far worse then others who have the same components though?

Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (19th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 81 performed better. The overall percentile is the average of the percentiles for each component in the PC. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.

Old 03-09-2017, 00:19   #23
TheTrashBag
GarbageMan

TheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond reputeTheTrashBag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
WOW..... my laptop sucks i did not think it would be this bad.... i do not feel like putting my hand in my pocket to upgrade this piece of junk would rather throw it away and buy a desktop one that will last me for the future. i have always wanted to have a go at building my own one as i know its cheaper and you can get much better specs for the price of pre built but i would not know how to begin really or what parts would be compatible with each other. guess i should start googling and put some research into it.

here is my score if you would like to have a laugh xD
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3042021

Whats the reason mine is far worse then others who have the same components though?

Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (19th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 81 performed better. The overall percentile is the average of the percentiles for each component in the PC. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.
It also says that your processor was at 93pct usage at the time, so you most likely have bloatware, or adware installed...

The fact your below avg of other users with the same components means your OS, drivers, software, or configuration are slowing you down

Started Conquer Online 01/05/05
Cinderella>SnowWhite >Columbus

~MagicTrashBag~
140 Wat/Dra/Dra

TheShadow
119 Wat/War/Nin

MagicGarbageCan
99 Fir/Fir/Fir

TeaBagged
Taking out the trash one player at a time
TheTrashBag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2017, 13:21   #24
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Haha it is 2017 and our third world friends still complain that they cannot play this game on their crappy PCs.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2017, 11:29   #25
~BlacK~WolF~
The WolF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Haha it is 2017 and our third world friends still complain that they cannot play this game on their crappy PCs.
Since when is England a third world country

Old 04-12-2017, 06:55   #26
lipase

lipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond repute
since brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahana View Post
just wanted to say I like your name....

back to my hole...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Rxin, please
lipase is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: