Old 03-03-2011, 11:29   #31
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronax View Post
Shut your ****ing face, kid.
Someone's mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR1 View Post
Hey bro, it's been both good and bad. I have changed jobs I don't know how many times. I want to go back to school and get my Ph.d in Psychology but I would have to move to do so. My favorite school has the worst Psyh department around. So I would have to go to UGA (University of Georgia) or USC (University of South Carolina) both 2 hrs away.
Come to Mississippi State. I don't know how good the psych department is, but you would be at the same school as me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaXOX View Post
whats happening?
How's Canadia?

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2011, 11:53   #32
THOR1

THOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
Someone's mad.

Come to Mississippi State. I don't know how good the psych department is, but you would be at the same school as me
I would love to come there. I just need an Accredited University that will help me get the position I am looking for after graduation.

How's Canadia?
I would love to come there. I just need an Accredited University that will help me get the position I am looking for after graduation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENSHIN666 View Post
Welcome to TQ games! The Slum lords of the MMORPG world!
I follow the terms of service, why can't TQ?
QUITas of the "mount" patch. TQ has mounted us all enough.

Leykis 101 Graduate

Thorlock
Trojan>Warrior>Trojan
130>130>131

Working on my Ninja>Warrior>Trojan
Ninja currently 110

Chris is the reason I keep coming back. And I miss you terribly.
I lost 28 lbs during my divorce...well that's what a soul weighs.
-Christopher Titus (oh so true)
THOR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2011, 17:40   #33
The_LP
Pure Newb

Location: Tempe, AZ where girls go into the stores in bikinis :cool:
The_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to The_LP Send a message via AIM to The_LP
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that you'll find accredited universities pretty easily. I don't know of any schools that have university status, without having accreditation.

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +5 sdg sdg -3 boots
super +8 sdg sdg -3 sword
super +7 sdg sdg -3 armor
super +8 sdg sdg -3 club (selling)
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +5 sdg sdg -3 necky
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +8 sdg sdg -3 psn blade
super +5 sgg sgg -1 tower
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

297 BP currently (with Ben on)
The_LP is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2011, 08:20   #34
THOR1

THOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond reputeTHOR1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LP View Post
I'm pretty sure that you'll find accredited universities pretty easily. I don't know of any schools that have university status, without having accreditation.
The one closest to me is accredited....but it has an awful rating. So it would be like going to Harvard to be a janitor. Not exactly the right path to get where you are going, but at least with Harvard you can throw out that name. With this University (Clemson University) I can't even use the name to my advantage. I am hoping for a satellite school is close by for eiter UGA or GT. Maybe I will move to Utah and go to BYU
Quote:

Leykis 101 Graduate

Thorlock
Trojan>Warrior>Trojan
130>130>131

Ninja currently 110

Old 03-05-2011, 13:10   #35
The_LP
Pure Newb

The_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond reputeThe_LP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The one closest to me is accredited....but it has an awful rating. So it would be like going to Harvard to be a janitor. Not exactly the right path to get where you are going, but at least with Harvard you can throw out that name. With this University (Clemson University) I can't even use the name to my advantage. I am hoping for a satellite school is close by for eiter UGA or GT. Maybe I will move to Utah and go to BYU
You mormon? lol

If anything, check the U of U out, or possibly ASU or U of A. If you decide that moving is your best option, scour the western US for what seems to be the best that you can afford.

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

Old 03-05-2011, 16:16   #36
THOR1

Quote:
You mormon? lol

If anything, check the U of U out, or possibly ASU or U of A. If you decide that moving is your best option, scour the western US for what seems to be the best that you can afford.
No I am not Mormon. However, I was out in Utah this past summer for about 4 days. I would have looked you up while I was out there but it was a family emergency (on my wife's side). She has family out there. I will say the approach to get into Utah is interesting. It's like the plane takes a nose dive. My favorite thing was the downtown mall that is an outside mall. That was pretty sweet. Plus the weather was like 80 degrees with no humidity the entire time. I really enjoyed myself while I was there.
Quote:

Leykis 101 Graduate

Thorlock
Trojan>Warrior>Trojan
130>130>131

Ninja currently 110

Old 03-06-2011, 10:07   #37
The_LP
Pure Newb

Quote:
No I am not Mormon. However, I was out in Utah this past summer for about 4 days. I would have looked you up while I was out there but it was a family emergency (on my wife's side). She has family out there. I will say the approach to get into Utah is interesting. It's like the plane takes a nose dive. My favorite thing was the downtown mall that is an outside mall. That was pretty sweet. Plus the weather was like 80 degrees with no humidity the entire time. I really enjoyed myself while I was there.
Well, that would have been moot, as I moved to AZ almost a year ago... in late April.

Yeah the gateway is pretty dope. The weather is excellent when it IS nice, but I hate the snow and the cold.

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

Old 03-08-2011, 02:35   #38
Neko.chan
Assassin

Neko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond repute
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b7735a26-0e2d-4629-9e04-88e0be902010.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	141990  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstar View Post
lolol if i ever meet u in the street ima just be like add man ok or no, and pull out a notebook so i can write your name in it.
Neko.chan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2011, 17:39   #39
The_LP
Pure Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko.chan View Post
OK, so this guy Hitler was a total chode. Got it?

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

Old 03-08-2011, 20:59   #40
Neko.chan
Assassin

Neko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond reputeNeko.chan has a reputation beyond repute
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	140acb79-95f6-4612-9a5b-1842ab52596c.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	142003  
Quote:
lolol if i ever meet u in the street ima just be like add man ok or no, and pull out a notebook so i can write your name in it.
Old 03-09-2011, 17:38   #41
The_LP
Pure Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko.chan View Post
OK. don't sit on my lap.

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

Old 03-09-2011, 19:08   #42
Neko.chan
Assassin

Quote:
OK. don't sit on my lap.

Haha, nice try. I'm immune to that sort of trickery!
Quote:
Old 03-10-2011, 06:07   #43
Illmater
Nemo

Illmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond reputeIllmater has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
That wasn't his argument. Oil costs the same for every country buying it. Do you know why your gas costs so much more than ours?

Taxes, bro.

Who decides tax rates?

The government.
I decided to do some research on that.

It pretty much boils down to this "Gasoline costs roughly the same to make no matter where in the world it's produced, according to John Felmy, chief economist for the American Petroleum Institute. The difference in retail costs, he said, is that some governments subsidize gas while others tax it heavily."

So what you are saying is mostly true except you left out that the us government subsidizes the oil industry.

"TAX SUBSIDIES

The federal government provides the oil industry with numerous tax breaks designed to ensure that domestic companies can compete with international producers and that gasoline remains cheap for American consumers. Federal tax breaks that directly benefit oil companies include: the Percentage Depletion Allowance (a subsidy of $784 million to $1 billion per year), the Nonconventional Fuel Production Credit ($769 to $900 million), immediate expensing of exploration and development costs ($200 to $255 million), the Enhanced Oil Recovery Credit ($26.3 to $100 million), foreign tax credits ($1.11 to $3.4 billion), foreign income deferrals ($183 to $318 million), and accelerated depreciation allowances ($1.0 to $4.5 billion).

Tax subsidies do not end at the federal level. The fact that most state income taxes are based on oil firms' deflated federal tax bill results in undertaxation of $125 to $323 million per year. Many states also impose fuel taxes that are lower than regular sales taxes, amounting to a subsidy of $4.8 billion per year to gasoline retailers and users. New rules under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 are likely to provide the petroleum industry with additional tax subsidies of $2.07 billion per year. In total, annual tax breaks that support gasoline production and use amount to $9.1 to $17.8 billion."

Sources:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price1.htm
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/
http://www.progress.org/2003/energy22.htm

Kthxbai

~Kits
Illmater is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2011, 17:36   #44
The_LP
Pure Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmater View Post
I decided to do some research on that.

It pretty much boils down to this "Gasoline costs roughly the same to make no matter where in the world it's produced, according to John Felmy, chief economist for the American Petroleum Institute. The difference in retail costs, he said, is that some governments subsidize gas while others tax it heavily."

So what you are saying is mostly true except you left out that the us government subsidizes the oil industry.

"TAX SUBSIDIES

The federal government provides the oil industry with numerous tax breaks designed to ensure that domestic companies can compete with international producers and that gasoline remains cheap for American consumers. Federal tax breaks that directly benefit oil companies include: the Percentage Depletion Allowance (a subsidy of $784 million to $1 billion per year), the Nonconventional Fuel Production Credit ($769 to $900 million), immediate expensing of exploration and development costs ($200 to $255 million), the Enhanced Oil Recovery Credit ($26.3 to $100 million), foreign tax credits ($1.11 to $3.4 billion), foreign income deferrals ($183 to $318 million), and accelerated depreciation allowances ($1.0 to $4.5 billion).

Tax subsidies do not end at the federal level. The fact that most state income taxes are based on oil firms' deflated federal tax bill results in undertaxation of $125 to $323 million per year. Many states also impose fuel taxes that are lower than regular sales taxes, amounting to a subsidy of $4.8 billion per year to gasoline retailers and users. New rules under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 are likely to provide the petroleum industry with additional tax subsidies of $2.07 billion per year. In total, annual tax breaks that support gasoline production and use amount to $9.1 to $17.8 billion."

Sources:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price1.htm
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/
http://www.progress.org/2003/energy22.htm

Kthxbai
so basically, he DID get it right. Saying the government subsidizes something and saying the government taxes something are pretty much equivalent.

A2M_StinkFinger(Earl):
130-130-131 war-war-tro

Gear:
super +6 sdg sdg -3 ring
super +8 sdg sdg -3 ears
super +5 stg stg -1 fan
-1 gourd
-1 royal dignity

Old 03-20-2011, 20:30   #45
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
so basically, he DID get it right. Saying the government subsidizes something and saying the government taxes something are pretty much equivalent.
Yeah, I don't understand how he did the research, read tax multiple times in the paragraph, and then tried to say it wasn't government taxes which determine gas price variations by country.

Anyways, if you want lower gas prices, bust your government's ass about it. The oil business is one of the lowest profit margin businesses out there.

http://everydayecon.wordpress.com/20...er-industries/

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: