Old 10-29-2008, 02:30   #1
Centennial
Banned

Centennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond repute
GW strategy/How to fix the alliance thread

Feel free to post your suggestions in this thread.

My suggestion:
From wat i've notices, the American/Euro (non-turk) alliance isn't working out because of two major issues
1. too many small taurus guilds and
2. management issues in Legacy

To fix issue #1 I would suggest Taurus ppl making anotehr guild just for GW(with branches repping each smaller guild). Everyone attending that week's GW should join their respective branch for that weekend and rejoin ur regular guild after GW ends. Some advantages I see with this are:

1. You can still keep you own individual guilds.
2. Communication during GW will be alot smoother.
3. Easier to safety the pole or take it back from enemies.
4. Not having the "Big-guild" issue that Legacy faces because leaders will still be able to manage their own guild members during the week.
5. As far as personal pride is concerned, you're still fighting under your own guild's banner (branches).

For this to work out, ppl will have to be able to put the common goal of winning GW and having an enjoyable experience before their own guild funds/contributions.
This fixes 1 of the 2 major issues with this alliance (the other being how to fix up legacy which I havent came up with a suggestion for yet).
I hope you all can take this suggestion seriously or come up with a solution of of your own before the turkish side start winning GW every week. A legacy vs. taurus guilds vs turk side will result in us losing every week, even the American GW that we're supposed to have the advantage in.
Centennial is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32   #2
carcotashu

carcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond reputecarcotashu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to carcotashu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centennial View Post

My suggestion:
From wat i've notices, the American/Euro (non-turk) alliance isn't working out because of two major issues

To fix issue #1 I would suggest Taurus ppl making anotehr guild just for GW(with branches repping each smaller guild). Everyone attending that week's GW should join their respective branch for that weekend and rejoin ur regular guild after GW ends. Some advantages I see with this are:

4. Not having the "Big-guild" issue that Legacy faces because leaders will still be able to manage their own guild members during the week.
5. As far as personal pride is concerned, you're still fighting under your own guild's banner (branches).

For this to work out, ppl will have to be able to put the common goal of winning GW and having an enjoyable experience before their own guild funds/contributions.
This fixes 1 of the 2 major issues with this alliance (the other being how to fix up legacy which I havent came up with a suggestion for yet).
I hope you all can take this suggestion seriously or come up with a solution of of your own before the turkish side start winning GW every week. A legacy vs. taurus guilds vs turk side will result in us losing every week, even the American GW that we're supposed to have the advantage in.
is not just about taurus guilds alliance in general gw has too many small guilds since turks has just 2-3 [3 max] guilds at gw, maybe it's about proud and so on...
carcotashu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2008, 02:40   #3
BeefCake
DisciplE

BeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond reputeBeefCake has a reputation beyond repute
everyone wants to be a leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadence View Post
Sagittarius?! THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/341328208.png

just got a ps3 need games tho
BeefCake is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41   #4
Centennial
Banned

Centennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond reputeCentennial has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcotashu View Post
is not just about taurus guilds alliance in general gw has too many small guilds since turks has just 2-3 [3 max] guilds at gw, maybe it's about proud and so on...
Im well aware and i did addressed the pride issue in my suggestion. I also pointed out that there are problems with the sagi side as well but I'll post a suggestion for that when i actually think of one. With merged servers, compromises are going to HAVE to be made in order to succeed.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:11   #5
Centennial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCake View Post
Im pretty sure all the taurus ppl can nominate at least one person they all respect to get it all started.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:33   #6
SmokeGfx
hai! XD

SmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond repute
good suggestion, though i still say we try it without legacy
EB-NightWolf 130 archer 131 archer

--- currently playing on a Classic server ---

A guild is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship

I love you Jenni.

Phoenix > Eternity > Sunshine > Taurus > Sagitarius

first full 2 soc character on Taurus
SmokeGfx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2008, 04:01   #7
nordrian
profb#35

nordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCake View Post
Lies, people want me to be the GL, but I don't

EDIT: thought I should post about legacy>LoS in itself isn't really a problem at guild war, it has been made a problem, for reasons I barely got, and if I could have the REAL reasons and not just "you aren't disciplined", this is a conclusion, not an explanation.
EDIT 2: just have to read Medi post to see that they aren't willing to change.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:20   #8
SmokeGfx
hai! XD

SmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeGfx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordrian View Post

EDIT: thought I should post about legacy>LoS in itself isn't really a problem at guild war, it has been made a problem, for reasons I barely got, and if I could have the REAL reasons and not just "you aren't disciplined", this is a conclusion, not an explanation.
oh we are, we just want to find the fun in gw again without all the useless drama.
if that means losing gw so be it, though i think we have a pretty good chance

I love you Jenni.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:33   #9
Centennial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordrian View Post

The main problem with Legacy that I got from reading the other thread was that you guys were letting in turks and waters were reving enemies. I remember when NaturalBornKill was GL and i tried to join LoS during a GW, he told me to wait until after it ended so this would be a good way to fix the problem of enemy waters sneaking in. This brings up the issue of how questers can join an allied guild to avoid getting killed.

As far as questers are concerned, there would be a third guild in the alliance designated to take in questers to lower the chances of enemy waters sneaking by. The guild leader for this guild would have to keep constant watch on his guildmates during GW and kick the **** out of any enemies who might have snuck in.

Last edited by Centennial; 10-29-2008 at 04:48.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09   #10
nordrian
profb#35

nordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond reputenordrian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The main problem with Legacy that I got from reading the other thread was that you guys were letting in turks and waters were reving enemies. I remember when NaturalBornKill was GL and i tried to join LoS during a GW, he told me to wait until after it ended so this would be a good way to fix the problem of enemy waters sneaking in. This brings up the issue of how questers can join an allied guild to avoid getting killed.

As far as questers are concerned, there would be a third guild in the alliance designated to take in questers to lower the chances of enemy waters sneaking by. The guild leader for this guild would have to keep constant watch on his guildmates during GW and kick the **** out of any enemies who might have snuck in.
Well, for the people who revive turks, I kicked when I was told about it, of course, if I don't have the name of the reviver, I might have a hard time finding who does.

Now, a while ago, I had a policy that was rejecting any new member until the guild was clean (well, until I would consider it as being clean).
Old 10-29-2008, 05:20   #11
Eurochic
GlobalMod

Eurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcotashu View Post
This is probably true. My guild was made over 4 years ago on Phoenix (server2).

There is another issue for me as I would like to top up my guild funds by having the occasional win. My guild fund was over 50 mil when we merged and I got pked a few times in dis city within the first few weeks and lost the lot. You may not be aware that once your character level exceeds 130 you can loose substantial guild funds (over 35 mil depending on your level) if you are pked.

I would be willing to consider creating a GW guild (I have 3 guilds, of which 2 are fairly inactive). However I will not align to anyone that has hacks or anything else that is against TQ terms and conditions. You may call it lame or whatever but I have reported anyone showing client edits it and will continue to do so.

I have played this game fairly for over 4 years and I donít see why others canít.
Judoka2130-130-131 Monk-War-Fire
Judoka3130-130-131 Pure Water
TaMaU120-130-131 Tro-Tro-Arch
expensive91130-130 Pure Water
Destiny_Angel110-130 Pure Water
Melody_Angel110-115 Pure Water
Symphony_Angel Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ikky View Post
Mods are like underwear, you should change them daily!
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2008, 05:31   #12
nordrian
profb#35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurochic View Post
This is probably true. My guild was made over 4 years ago on Phoenix (server2).

There is another issue for me as I would like to top up my guild funds by having the occasional win. My guild fund was over 50 mil when we merged and I got pked a few times in dis city within the first few weeks and lost the lot. You may not be aware that once your character level exceeds 130 you can loose substantial guild funds (over 35 mil depending on your level) if you are pked.

I would be willing to consider creating a GW guild (I have 3 guilds, of which 2 are fairly inactive). However I will not align to anyone that has hacks or anything else that is against TQ terms and conditions. You may call it lame or whatever but I have reported anyone showing client edits it and will continue to do so.

I have played this game fairly for over 4 years and I donít see why others canít.
Mmmh, one more time what is unfair in having blue weapons instead of purple or orange?

As for the guild found, well, so your guild found should be increased by the guild war? well, I have a friend with a lil guild, but not much guild found, should I join it and ask to win guild war so their guild found go up?

As for the "allows hacks", this is just an excuse you use, why don't you talk frankly for once?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32   #13
SmokeGfx
hai! XD

lets look at the guildwar rewards and how one big guild with branches affect those.

the cps can still be divided equally, so that would not be a problem.
free tg and gcs becomes useless when people leave the gw guild after gw.

anyway we have faced the "too many guilds" problem before.
back then i proposed to let smaller guilds make branches in judges, which was rejected.
i dont remember what the solution was back then but i know we still beat the turks hands down.

so lets sum up the problems we have:

1 - too many taurus guilds.
2 - people letting enemies in the gates.
3 - waters reving enemies.
4 - legacy members not listening to their gl and doing w/e they want.

1 - i can only speak for my own guild, and ill post a list of people that are present at gw.

me - 130 tro or 131 archer (soon also 130 fire)
qt - 130 archer (dl)
shalafi - 125+ war or on a random water tao (dl)
sun - 110 water tao
mino - 126+ archer
fluffy - 131 archer (dl)
florance - 130 warrior
sandman - 115+ fire
rapcat - 130 fire (dl)
udiedby - 129 trojan

then there are a few that dont always show up or im not sure if they will stay in the guild.

giant - 125+ water (no idea why he joined )
shaolin - 120+ trojan (semi-retired as well as retarded )
grath - 131 trojan (seem him a few times, doesnt talk much)
panty - 130+ trojan (only euro gw) (dl)
aker - 115+ trojan (semi-active)
pheadriel - 130 fire (not sure if he is staying)

im sure im forgetting a few names but this is most of them so far.
thats not a small guild when it comes to gw, allthough some that are not 2nd rb or are about to or have just 2nd rbed i have not listed.
i'd love to see a list for legacy, as im sure the list wont be much longer.

now let me give you my definition of an alliance,
guilds allied together fight enemies together, work together as a team and besides being allies are friends.
thats before, during and after gw.

the taurus guilds all have similar rules and values, and that is why we work well together.
i have invited many legacy members to come hang out on my teamspeak server, and even though we are currently not allied they are still welcome.
but instead of doing that and getting to know us they stay away, well their loss.
ryan and lith do come on from time to time though
so if anyone wants to come on and hang out whisper me or any of my dls ingame for the ip.

anyway lets try and keep this all a bit structured and not let this devolve in to another useless discussion

i invite other guildleaders from the old alliance to post their guild background.

I love you Jenni.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:40   #14
smooth

smooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond reputesmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:

My suggestion:

agree.

F.U.C.K Israel Leave GAZA!!!!!!!!!!

Phonex>Eternity>Sunshine>Sagittarius-Taurus.
Guild: ~Turkish Team~ Leader
SmOOtH--->120 lvl Water-Water-Water (2nd Reb)
Smooth -----> 130-130-134lvl Fire Tao(2nd Reb)
Full 2soc-5 +8more (without bulk)
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2008, 05:47   #15
nordrian
profb#35

Ok, want a list of legacy? well I might forget a few:

Drakkuze
Rody
Tipi
x-game
Bornas
Lithium
God Of War
Benassa
Powerfire
Dodo
MayGin I think she goes
DeathStrike
Carpe diem
Galudo
Leca(didn't show up laterly)
+_Saint_+
Dun-Trojan
XLegend
AncientMastor
Arcadian
Phoenix215
saulo2007
MogiLLa even thought I don't remember if he was at last gw
boot
super_star
Ce-Gadalriel
Evo444 I think
Zaylynne
shenronz(usually it's pelon playing it)

Then there's people in the branch, but I don't know every name. All those I listed are at least 126+ second reborn. I might have forgot some, since I don't always pay attention to who come at guildwar.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: