Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 13:13   #1
wynn
Sagacity~

wynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to wynn Send a message via MSN to wynn Send a message via Yahoo to wynn
Pureblood Skills

Alright, so since 2nd reborn came out there have been a great deal of class combonations introduced within the game that were once thought stupid, or useless (such as trojan>warrior is now commonplace, but before 2nd reborn it was considered stupid) While this is a very interesting aspect of the game to mix class abilities and/or "pureblood"(being the same class after rebirth) first reborn abilities. My personal view is that x>x>x y>y>y z>z>z characters should recieve a passive skill or active skill to better balance out the class since every one of the "pureblood" classes has a first rebirth skill but the classes still have distinct weaknesses that will still stickout even as a second reborn, furthermore the amount of effort required to be a 2nd reborn and chosing to be a pureblood should be rewarded just like mixing classes to offer a bit more balance...

Archer>Archer>Archer:

(Passive) Skill: Hawk Eyes- Intensify charges twice as fast and damage done with a bow weapon is above the average power (the number between the minimum attack and maximum attack with a bow

What makes this skill fair?:
Hawk Eyes allows an archer to deal more damage with their bow and intensify much faster so that may use Intensify with Rapid Fire quickly without getting locked up in the same place, combining this with freezing arrows makes Archer>Archer>Archers more of a threat in PvP while not unbalancing or overpowering the archer.

Trojan>Trojan>Trojan:

(Passive) Skill: Cursed Prince(ss)- Offhand weapon adds 75% of weapon power as opposed to the 50% had by other Trojans. The closer to death a Trojan becomes the more likely they become to strike in the higher range of their attack (less than 1/100th of their HP guaranteeing a maximum damage blow)

What makes this skill fair?:
It reflourishes the idea of a Trojan being a pure offensive character. Not being able to stigma themself like a Water Taoist>Trojan or use reflect like a x>Warrior>Trojan makes the Trojan>Trojan>Trojan class seem weak as their only special skill is Cruel Shade, this would even it out and make a Trojan-type that sticks out offensively amongst the others but still not make the Trojan have a skill that makes them defensively supreme like reflect.

Where does the name "Cursed Prince(ss) come from?:
Like many things that are neglected to be mentioned by TQ about the game's lore having Greek influences. The "Trojans" is referance to the grandchildren and greatgrandchildren of Zeus and other gods who mingled with humans, who while mortal has extraordinary bravery and might. However many of the heroes of the Trojan war were opposed to the people of Troy (such as Ajax). In the end Zeus had destroyed most of the bloodline by making the people fight one another and even the Gods, some of the heroes of the Trojan War gave the gods much difficulty while others played into Zeus' hands and were puppeted onto the path of genocide. Thus the name simply depicts the idea that most of the heroes of the Trojan War were cursed and illfated.

Warrior>Warrior>Warrior

(Passive)- Dragonheart- A warrior who is sitting will regenerate HP (has a skill delay like praying for Lucky Time so that it can't be abused in mid battle); When the warrior is below roughly 1/10th of their maximum HP their attack and weapon skill activation increases by 30% (like a Stigma) and x2 (meaning skills like Stranded Monster, Snow, Rage and Speedgun will go off almost everytime a hit is made)

Why is this skill fair?:
Warriors have no manner of selfhealing accept for potions, this gives them a way to recover on their own and also gives them a great boost against the odds when battling a fire taoist. A 2nd reborn warrior will probably have atleast 7000 health when they are 120+, the 50pct damage reduction and reflect to protect them however they will still be terrorized by guards and fire taoists, so the ability for more attack power and the more chronic use of a skill evens out a Warrior>Warrior>Warrior's inability to cyclone and ironshirt like a Trojan>Warrior and stigma/magicshield like a Water Taoist>Warrior while also not giving it another massive defensive skill like reflect to make it broken.

Fire Taoist>Fire Taoist>Fire Taoist:

(Active) Prana Ritual: (only unlockable apon becoming a Fire Saint) Consumes stamina initially, for 30 seconds or until mana is drained the given FireTaoist's magic power is increased by 2x and all spell delays are removed (IE all spells become instant casts for the duration) After the skill is used the user recieves half of their maximum HP as damage (instantly killing the user if they are below half HP), mana and HP backsword's abilities become inactive for this period. This technique has a 5 minute cooldown (does not dissapear through disconnection or waiting offline, kind of like EXP pot, you have to do your 5 minutes before you can reactivate the skill).

Why is this skill fair?:
This is simply a kamikaze/burnout skill that allows the user to sacrifice themselves for a burst of power to take down their target, perfect for a desperate Fire Taoist getting blown away by a high level archer. Naturally the penalties of stamina and half of the user's maximum health with a cooldown will make them think before using it, making it a move all about timing and precision (something Fire Taoists should be pretty good at).

Water Taoist>Water Taoist>Water Taoist

(Passive): Manipura Pulse-(Unlockable only apon becoming a Water Saint) This skills allows the user to generate stamina at double speed while sitting and at normal sitting speed while standing but not moving, The meditation skill also recovers health (like SpiritHealing)

Why is this skill fair?:
The most obvious reason is that Water>Water>Water taoists only have support spells, Fire, Pervade, WaterElf and Weapon Skills at their disposal, most of which become outclassed by other class abilities, whereas melee variations involving Trojans and Warriors inherit skills such as Superman, Cyclone, SpiritHealing and Shield. The ability to quickly and efficiently recharge stamina for the use of Meditation and skills like ScentSword and Pervade would truly benefit Water taoists of any type and give them the ability to support their allys much more proficiently. The effect of Meditation also activating the SpiritHealing effect is simply because it will give the Water>Water>Water of any kind an edge of it's own, specifically because in conjunction with the quick stamina recovery it makes water taoists more capable of survival. It also adds a balance to Pervade giving the Water taoist both an offensive option and defensive option to keeping themselves alive to support allys and/or trade blows as melee players (whether it be a backsword scentsworder or twohanded user).

Before I get someone's 2 cents on this realize that I am not TQ, this is a concept I believe would make things more balanced amongst the 2nd reborns, but in essence it is still just a concept, I'm open to other ideas about pureblooded skills but the idea is to keep it for the most part simple but handy for the class as "pureblood" characters lack the favored skills such as a cyclone or superman or shield thus the skills need to be potent but they must also have limits and play to the classes' nature, so they don't upset the game by making everyone have to have a pureblood character (like how everyone wants a Trojan>Warrior>X).

Signed By...

1.Frajola (awesome Heath Ledger's Joker avatar)
2.Munsie
3.SpartanWarrior
4.mittens02 (didn't actually say signed but he seemed to like the idea)
5.Deathsbane
6.Zero-The-Hero
7.Wolf-X20
8.minimobster5
9.SquirrelO.o
10.Dance4Life
11.MisticElf
12.geeksquadkid
13.RottenEggs
14.Sheela
15.Mr.Plow
16.Kissxgoodbye
17.Theorytro1
18.SunnyBoi
19.SharpKnife
20..:JaK:.
21.TheSaint
22.Liu Kang
23.#iiman!
24.Conall/Kill3r
25.Jokakorn (several times)
26.Cpt. Curtis
27.X-Shorty
28.LordofWings
29.FattyFatFat
30.imaleftyyy

PM me if you'd like to sign without posting or would like me to remove you from the signed list.
\---------┐Blister░Sis?-Trojan\\====o>
<o====//Llendar-Fire----------------/
Pureblood Skills (Suggestion Thread)

Last edited by wynn; 03-15-2009 at 22:46.
wynn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 13:30   #2
Frajola
Banned

Frajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond reputeFrajola has a reputation beyond repute
i dont read all but is of Pureblood Skills, i am a pure, so signed.
Frajola is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 15:22   #3
Munsie
Banned

Munsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond reputeMunsie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Munsie
*Applause.*

I love the idea. This is a very nicely presented post and it is apparent that you've put a lot of thought (and possibly research) into this. Definitely signed.
Munsie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 15:26   #4
Spartanwarrior
One of 300

Spartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

signed i like the ideas and they are fair all around and do not favor db bulkers over non db bulkers, and btw add a poll

Element group
Light server
Grimlock War lvl 7x

"Spartans! prepare for glory!"

Proud member of LiveOrDieHard
Spartanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2008, 15:27   #5
wynn
Sagacity~

wynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond reputewynn has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to wynn Send a message via MSN to wynn Send a message via Yahoo to wynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munsie View Post
*Applause.*

I love the idea. This is a very nicely presented post and it is apparent that you've put a lot of thought (and possibly research) into this. Definitely signed.
Many thanks, I've played 100+ variations of all of the classes and the goal was to make a presentable, practical approach to this that didn't just benefit one style of character in the said class (like many people like to suggest FB/SS range increases or whatnot if they tend to use FB/SS alot, or Hercules being less stamina absorbing if they like to Herc alot, but both would get as much help from better offhand offensive and sufferage buildup)
Old 07-29-2008, 15:32   #6
wynn
Sagacity~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanwarrior View Post
signed i like the ideas and they are fair all around and do not favor db bulkers over non db bulkers, and btw add a poll
I will add a poll when more people sign and I am able to tie up any loose ends in my concept. The idea of rebirth skills isn't to choose sides with bulkers or not, it's about having the ability to match other 2nd rbs with unique skills that benefit your pure class of choice within enough of a limit. I did research for each of them and tried to carefully tailor the themes (for example Prana is your "breath" energy or "life evergy" and Prana Ritual makes the Fire Taoist sacrifice half of their maximum HP, whereas your Manipura is your chakra in your solar plexus, it represents balance and the Manipura Pulse balances out Pervade while enabling a water to do their job just a little easier)

Thanks for the support ^^
Old 07-30-2008, 03:01   #7
mittens02

mittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant future
excellent work, well thought out

reps for you (i still want my dodge arrwos for pure archers)
super +5 1 soc (sdg) ears -3
super +5 1 soc (sdg) necky
super +6 1 soc (sdg) ring
super +6 2 soc (sdg)(sdg) bow -5
super +6 2 soc (sdg)(sdg) coat -3
super +6 2 soc (sdg)(sdg) boots -1

few months will be full 2 soc +7 -3/-5

dodge arrows for pure 2nd rb archers FTW

TEAM GREATWALL
mittens02 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 08:59   #8
wynn
Sagacity~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens02 View Post
excellent work, well thought out

reps for you (i still want my dodge arrwos for pure archers)
Thanks =D got some other ideas but I want to see this one unravel and develope them a bit more before I present them.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14   #9
DeathsBane
at work

DeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond reputeDeathsBane has a reputation beyond repute
Signed Pureblood skills would defintely make my day.
BlackPestilence 130-130-130 Pure Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SioKanla View Post
The question is not what can warriors do but, what can you do with a warrior?
Veni, vidi, vici.
Julius Caesar
If you Rep me leave your name I'll Rep you back.
DeathsBane is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 09:26   #10
BeaverWeaver

BeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverWeaver has a reputation beyond repute
theres already a poll for each individual class on which skill to have in reccomended so good idea jus Veryyyyyyy old and said already idea
Rydia#17 Lv 120-120 Rb War-War Emerald
*Rydia* Lv 112 Warrior (Redoin to 130)
+rep me and I +rep you

Officially quit after tail's to much unbalance
BeaverWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37   #11
wynn
Sagacity~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverWeaver View Post
theres already a poll for each individual class on which skill to have in reccomended so good idea jus Veryyyyyyy old and said already idea
Yes, it's an old but still valid idea that still hasn't been put through, these are simply my ideas for pureblood skills because I found alot of other "suggested" items surrounding new skills or characters to be verymuch so broken (such as the concept for the Dark Tao.) My point was simply to bring a balanced, simple and handy set of pureblood skills to the table, as opposed to everyone trying to push any forms of godskills or class style partizan skills like those that can be found by searching the forum.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:07   #12
Zero-The-Hero

Zero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond reputeZero-The-Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I would like to see how these skills would play out, but it sounds dang good on paper.
Zero-The-Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 14:29   #13
Wolf-X20
K-ON! <3

Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Oh, **** it...
Wolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Wolf-X20
I like the idea a lot. It makes up for not having a really good combination of skills from different classes very well. Much prefer it to the ones in recommended :x
PS3 User ID: Wolf-X20
Formerly Wolf-X20
><>Lionheart<><
R.I.P Rimik

Quote:
Did you ever look at a picture of yourself and see a stranger in the background? It makes you wonder how many people have pictures of you, how many moments of other people's lives we've been in.
Wolf-X20 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 18:03   #14
wynn
Sagacity~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-X20 View Post
I like the idea a lot. It makes up for not having a really good combination of skills from different classes very well. Much prefer it to the ones in recommended :x
=D Glad to hear that from a fellow water ^^.
Old 07-30-2008, 18:14   #15
Wolf-X20
K-ON! <3

Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Behind you. Location: Oh, **** it...
Wolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond reputeWolf-X20 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Wolf-X20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynn View Post
=D Glad to hear that from a fellow water ^^.
Hehe Water taos tend to get the worst options for a pure skill imo D:
But yours is nice xD
PS3 User ID: Wolf-X20
Formerly Wolf-X20
><>Lionheart<><
R.I.P Rimik

Quote:
Did you ever look at a picture of yourself and see a stranger in the background? It makes you wonder how many people have pictures of you, how many moments of other people's lives we've been in.
Wolf-X20 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: