Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 00:41   #46
Demonium
Uh.... ok?
 
Demonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Why do you want to know stalker-san?
Posts: 2,506
Demonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXenox View Post
Just to point this out. A TOS is in no means law. If you write a TOS that says registering for an account means you must transfer all your assets to TQ and its partners. No1 will EVER be bound by that.

Same goes for the purchase of DB's. When you purchase a "TQ point card" You never receive anything other then a bit of numbers to type in. In reality you are paying for these Dragon Balls and when you buy something, you own it. TQ can put all the BS they want into a TOS but the simple fact remains, they offer both underage and illegal gambling which is punishable by law.

Lets see you do something about it though, cause I DUN CARE and apparently no1 else does either.
this is what i was trying to hit on, by all technicalities do to the dictionary and meaning of words and the official defining by which they are accepted, and by these definings u do own the dbs as a virtual asset
the moment they r sold/traded/used means u lost that piece of property and all rights pertaining to it
tos cannot in the usa at least ever deny this otherwise that piece and by technicallities the remainder of the document is voided
__________________
"The world is your stage and the curtain is drawn! Stride forth and declare yourself!"

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
Demonium's rules to follow guide:
#1 Don't touch Himie's Starfish or you will face death by loli.
#2 Feed Himie or same thing will happen.
#3 Everything Demonium says or writes can be used against him.
*scribble scribble* #4 All above rules are void. -signed Demonium.
Demonium is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33   #47
~Aeo~
Registered User
 
~Aeo~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 541
~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.3 View Post
i guess you cant read. the first one regards to you paying with TQ's property(ie items)
the second one regards you paying with rl money(ie usd)
not blackmail because again your not forced to pay and your still not paying anything of monetary value.

So real life money isn't anything of monetary value?
~Aeo~ is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 13:11   #48
Clenk~V.3
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,169
Clenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Aeo~ View Post
not blackmail because again your not forced to pay and your still not paying anything of monetary value.

So real life money isn't anything of monetary value?
well until tq forces u to pay with dbs purchased from them. they arent making you pay anything of monetary value. cyber items are worth nothing.
Clenk~V.3 is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 13:30   #49
Zah
I loled
 
Zah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 909
Posts: 4,638
Zah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Zah Send a message via Skype™ to Zah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.3 View Post
there is no gambling on co because you are gambling with things tq owns and the prizes tq owns those to. so your not really losing or gaining anything so no gambling. and btw its not mandatory. the antitrojan would be illegal if it accessed anything outside of what is needed to view the ram that conquer.exe was in possession of.



how can you sue for something you dont own? thats like saying your going to sue for custody of ur friends child. it wont work. and ask him, hope you two want to pay for their lawyer fees when they counter sue for them.



agreed but dont forget mention tq owns everything ingame including the characters and items.


its not unlawful in anyway. tq owns the characters and items. they can move every1's char to botjail and there is nothing we can do but quit or pay. the TOS is more or less the same as with every mmo's TOS and yes they are legally binding even though the laws on them are slacked because its always up to the hosting company to choose the punishments unless it breaks one of the cyber crime laws(mainly hacking). so botjailing and banning chars are completely in their power with us as players helpless and defenseless against their power.
People who pay real money to "rent" the items that tq technically owns can still sue them if they have proof of fraud or blackmail, just like a renter can sue thier landlord
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeArconis View Post
Here in america only we would turn our countries birthday into a way to eliminate the dumbest portion of our country by letting them play with explosives while drunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHaPpYxX View Post
Daily Fact: There are 1 million ants for every person in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-X20 View Post
I'd be more interested to know what sort of sad ass counted over 6 quadrillion (?) ants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoW>Co View Post
if(Wonders.Pyramid.Contains(Moderator))
{
Players.do(killMod);
}

~
R.I.P. StopTheKing
~
Zah is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 14:48   #50
tereon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 164
tereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond reputetereon has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I had never given the illegal underage gambling thing any thought. If someone was a lawyer they might be able to make a sleazy case out of this. Hmmm.
tereon is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 15:29   #51
JokerzWyld
Im so high
 
JokerzWyld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: trolling, deal with it.
Posts: 1,854
JokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.3 View Post
well until tq forces u to pay with dbs purchased from them. they arent making you pay anything of monetary value. cyber items are worth nothing.
yep, tq doesnt force u to play, and they aren't makin u play rl money, u can make an arch and hunt till u find the dbs, if u get a popup saying "ur account has been banned, send (so and so amount) to (so and so) and we'll reactivate ur account" then thts a lil messed up, but tq doesnt send u to botjail for no reason, i think this person was botting or speeding or w/e, got caught, and now hes crying, and thinks causing drama on forums will get tq to unbotjail him, pay the 2 dbs, make a new char, or go get a life, take ur pick, becuz those are the only 3 avalible for u
__________________
ppl who matter on mercury; Gripfast, Adelmo, Heavens, Evilsis, Shlomi, maikeda, GOW
Retired from CO to devote my life to booze, weed, women, and money...

i'll pop on forums from time to time

Thirty minutes dun came by, I didn't even seem high,
until I stood up and looked at the ceiling for some reason
Now I'm tweaking, then I tried to walk but I was SSLLOOWW
I guess I'm floating in ecstasy

Eurochic is a giant flamer
JokerzWyld is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 16:39   #52
Lement
Not a Tao
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 742
Lement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, I think that the people TQ botjails is randomly chosen, expect for the vidsters.
Lement is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 18:19   #53
JokerzWyld
Im so high
 
JokerzWyld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: trolling, deal with it.
Posts: 1,854
JokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond reputeJokerzWyld has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lement View Post
Actually, I think that the people TQ botjails is randomly chosen, expect for the vidsters.
i think that theirs gnomes trying to steal my laughter after i eat magic mushrooms, but it doesn't make it true, also vidsters aren't giving any special privilages on game, they just help regulate the botters/cheaters, and instead of stating stupid theories that may cause predjudice towards vidsters, you should be thanking them since they are volunteers, and they're helping do what u ppl have been complaining for the gms to do for a longggggggg time, and thats help create order and justice on co
__________________
ppl who matter on mercury; Gripfast, Adelmo, Heavens, Evilsis, Shlomi, maikeda, GOW
Retired from CO to devote my life to booze, weed, women, and money...

i'll pop on forums from time to time

Thirty minutes dun came by, I didn't even seem high,
until I stood up and looked at the ceiling for some reason
Now I'm tweaking, then I tried to walk but I was SSLLOOWW
I guess I'm floating in ecstasy

Eurochic is a giant flamer
JokerzWyld is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 19:22   #54
Logus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 264
Logus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond reputeLogus has a reputation beyond repute
Well I was mining in dc mine for gold ore to do RMG quest on my water and using DH when I was transported to bot jail! This is an account that I was only using my archer to do the quest on, never been to ga or jail fighting I mean cmon its a water non rb'd! Conquer never told me what "BOT" I was supposedly using never showed or directed me to a video never even answered my emails! Well I had items in that waters inventory worth way more than 2 dbs so I paid it! Now my warrior who also doesnt do dis, doesnt go to GW, never goes to jail or GA never has even pked anyone! Always been in follow mode with my archer doing quests is also in botjail. I was in a team to go to 2nd rb area and use a 2 X esp pot when I was transported to bot jail! I dont care what you say about legal or illegal cheating or not cheating! I know I don't use any type of bots and conquer has a bug in their system that is glitching and wrongfully accusing people of cheating when they aren't! I don't expect anything to be done other than I can now not use this chars inventory and I will not pay the next time to get him out! I will continue to email co and hope but I bet I win the real world lottery before those lazy (insert expletive of your choce) get off their bum and fix this as it is free money for em!
Logus is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 00:56   #55
Sleipner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DK
Posts: 86
Sleipner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerzWyld View Post
yep, tq doesnt force u to play, and they aren't makin u play rl money, u can make an arch and hunt till u find the dbs, if u get a popup saying "ur account has been banned, send (so and so amount) to (so and so) and we'll reactivate ur account" then thts a lil messed up, but tq doesnt send u to botjail for no reason, i think this person was botting or speeding or w/e, got caught, and now hes crying, and thinks causing drama on forums will get tq to unbotjail him, pay the 2 dbs, make a new char, or go get a life, take ur pick, becuz those are the only 3 avalible for u
Have to agree, he most likely did use some kind of cheat to end up in botjail. I said earlyer i never been botjailed for no reson, thats actually not true, because when i think deeper this poped up; both me and a reallife friend had 1 account botjailed during cristmasevent or the other TCcrowding event just before xmas (we both got jailed from TwinCity for no reson - presume because of HUGE lag due to the quest (like 500+ people in tc)).

And yes TQ dont force you to play or pay, but still not legal to offer gambling to children (lottery, marketgambling, making 2sock all variations of gambling). If i sell cigarets to a 14 YO in my store police will fine me, even if that kid used fake ID to prove he was old enough - Not enough to try and follow national laws....YOU HAVE TO DO IT. I dont see alot of diffrence here to be honest. TQ cant hide behind their TOS if they are breaking the law NOMATTER what they write or what you agreed on. ALSO remeber if you are underaged and agreed to the TOS you actually dident agree because your words are not legaly binding at that age.
Sleipner is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 05:58   #56
SolarEvolution
Zombie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A land down under
Posts: 1,345
SolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond reputeSolarEvolution has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
  1. My grandmother's attorney (has 39 years experiance with law) says yes, it's partially illegal and can be taken to court for refund of any money spent on this UNLESS TQ has proof you were jailed for a good reason.
  2. My friend (7 years in law) says the exact same thing.
  3. My brothers attorney (14 years in law), same thing.
  4. Points? i got a few.
  5. Bot detection should be reprogrammed to be AT LEAST 90% accurate.
  6. Those who cannot be proven guilty should be let out without charge.
  7. Unless TQ plans to fix the detection system, remove it.
  8. They CAN/COULD be taken to court for this.
  9. Fix it, or remove it. End of story.
  10. Is Clenk~V.3 TQ's legal adviser?

I've seen companies sued for far less, with FAR more coverage then TQ has in place. So whatever anyone wants to say about it doesn't really take place in my mind, I have the opinions of too many legal professionals to be told that this isn't serious enough.

1.) TQ could be sued, their TOS isn't bullet proof
2.) The cost in legal fees alone would be minimum $10k to be successful
3.) Their US subsidary has no money, thus can be sued for very little

From a corporate law point of view, its not worth sueing them. They lose more money if people stop playing. As long as the potential payout is below 10k dollars its not worth sueing them.

The only scenario maybe if they closed the servers, and everyone sued them, but don't think we'd get anything rofl.


What I find funny is that TQ's downsizing of customer support and GMs has mass backfired on them. Now "illegal" account, DB and item real money trading in Egypt is cutting into their profits.
SolarEvolution is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:23   #57
minimobster5
minimob0!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UNITED STATES!
Posts: 68
minimobster5 is on a distinguished road
My warrior was Botjailed, and I don't even know how to use bots, if I did, I still wouldn't use them, it's cheating, and I myself plan to be an mmo developer someday, but all I did was bring him into the AC mine cus my friend told me, for every 3 gold ores rate 3 or higher he would pay me 30k, because I was poor.

I plan to get my DBs for him in-game, because I'm only 15, and the current DB purchasing methods are out of the question for me.
__________________
Aries
minimobster3 - lvl 102 Trojan, guild Velious-Devil

minimobster2 - lvl 61 water

minimobster4 - lvl 64 archer

miniman - lvl 71 Warrior guild, Velious-Angel - wrongfully bot-jailed

minichick - lvl 2 water- merchant

littlemobster - lvl 50 fire

Red_Ether - lvl 2x Trojan


I know, a lot of characters huh?
minimobster5 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34   #58
mittens02
Registered User
 
mittens02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 497
mittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant futuremittens02 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXenox View Post
Just to point this out. A TOS is in no means law. If you write a TOS that says registering for an account means you must transfer all your assets to TQ and its partners. No1 will EVER be bound by that.

Same goes for the purchase of DB's. When you purchase a "TQ point card" You never receive anything other then a bit of numbers to type in. In reality you are paying for these Dragon Balls and when you buy something, you own it. TQ can put all the BS they want into a TOS but the simple fact remains, they offer both underage and illegal gambling which is punishable by law.

Lets see you do something about it though, cause I DUN CARE and apparently no1 else does either.
i only relised this now i think that is why TQ changed it to the TQ p[oints card, dont forget you dont buy dbs anymore you buy either the 15.99 or 7.99 points card which you THEN SWAP FOR EITHER DBS OR IF YOU WANT EP,ZP TP's
but i wuold love to see it in court and for TQ to lose but i think they will be well prepared for to get out of it
__________________
server:greatwall
Mittens 130-131-131 pure archer
234 potency (baron) (since merge i cant afford duke )
super +5 1 soc (sdg) ears -3
super +5 1 soc (sdg) necky
super +6 1 soc (sdg) ring
super +6 2 soc (sdg)(sdg) bow -5
super +6 2 soc (sdg)(sdg) coat -3
super +6 2 soc (sdg)(sdg) boots -1

few months will be full 2 soc +7 -3/-5

dodge arrows for pure 2nd rb archers FTW

TEAM GREATWALL
mittens02 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 16:04   #59
~Aeo~
Registered User
 
~Aeo~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 541
~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute~Aeo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.3 View Post
well until tq forces u to pay with dbs purchased from them. they arent making you pay anything of monetary value. cyber items are worth nothing.
Oh yes, that explains why TQ charges you for them and is able to make loads of cash off them. Because they're worth nothing.

They're basically forcing you to pay. Emphasis on 'basically'. With the lowered rates, if you don't have a merchant account or anything (say the character botjailed is your main) you basically have to pay because it's going to be hell starting a new character, making enough money to buy the DBs or to hunt for them. It's not entirely impossible to obtain DBs in game without purchasing them, but if you've been playing as long as I have you'd know that rates have significantly decreased, all in an effort to keep DB sales up.

Besides that, it's WELL KNOWN that the automatic botjail system botjails people for no reason. You're clearly not retarded like many people that play this game, so you should know that. Don't try to argue and say, "If it botjails you, you were doing something wrong" or any crap like that. There have been confirmed reports about it, such as new merged servers botjailing people for training Herc in TG.
~Aeo~ is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 10:24   #60
Dr. Fuzzlekins
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Dakota, the frozen hell hole of the USA
Posts: 529
Dr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Fuzzlekins has a reputation beyond repute
part 5 says they arent responsible for you being bot jailed and having to pay for it because of a glitch making it perfectly legal for them to bot jail you even if your standing still and doing nothing it might still count as blackmail though for saying just pay it

5. SERVICE FEE

The Game is free to play. You do not need to pay any service fee to play the Game. However, the Company is not responsible for any other fees or costs you paid or may have to pay in order to play the Game, including, but not limited to, fees to access the internet; fees charged by a location such as a cyber caf¨¦, arcade, or other location; or costs of computer hardware or software.


oh and here is something cool

part 12 says that if during server matenince happens and accedently deletes your dbs they wont refund it

12. INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE

(a) The Company reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance.

(b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of The Company, and The Company cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Service or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. The Company shall not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond its reasonable control.

(c) The Company shall not be obligated to refund any and all portion of any Game Item Purchases or Account fees (if any) by reason of any interruption of the Service and by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b) of this provision.


the anti trojan thing might still be illegal and also happens to be transiting or receiving information from the ip address 216.93.167.128:80 (found out from AVG) so i deleted it here is how

go to your conquer directory(defalt is C:\program files\conquer 2.0)

delete the directory(folder) zftqat

and thats all

p.s.

holy frick read part 12 it says that there is no waranty on in and if it breaks your computer or the install file from the site contains a virus its not their falt also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
  1. Bot detection should be reprogrammed to be AT LEAST 90% accurate.
it does work 90% of the time 90% of the people didnt do anything and wrongly have to pay tq. exactly how they want it.

Last edited by Dr. Fuzzlekins; 08-01-2008 at 09:20. Reason: oops wrong ip that was another one i had written down
Dr. Fuzzlekins is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:00.