Old 09-26-2010, 06:10   #1
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Books that would be banned:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20100924/...banned_books_1

Lord of The Rings? Harry Potter? Srsly? O_o Zealots in berserk mode rofl!
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 06:27   #2
Jaxx.
qq

Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Surely the bible has more voilence in it then stuff like Harry potter.
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 06:51   #3
Farau
Banned

Farau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, ima go crucify someone out on the street just cause the bible taught me so.
Farau is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 06:54   #4
Jaxx.
qq

Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Im gonna blow you up because my religious views are different to yours.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:55   #5
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
I understand why (in a weird way) they say it is satanic (they hate witches / mentions of wizards etc) but anti-family? It shows what a bad family could end up like if the parents don't take care of their kids. (The Dursleys) Like Farau pointed out, just because it mentions in the bible that they used to crucify people doesn't mean the bible says to do so. Same with witchcraft, nobody says do witchcraft or to have a family that way. Sure, the main hero is a wizard but not the evil type of wizard. I also remember how many women in villages were burnt at the stake being accused of witchcraft because of crazy neighbors.

More lolz: http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocac...nned/index.cfm
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 09-26-2010, 08:21   #6
metallica115
IGiveA****

metallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to metallica115
People in the US always ban well written books with good story lines.

Quote:
The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.-Doug Larson
Quote:
"I do not know, why does thou not? Thy words seem plain, a mundane lot. Perhaps a poet's soul's in me... Does that make me a poet tree?" -Grand Oak
metallica115 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 08:25   #7
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica115 View Post
People in the US always ban well written books with good story lines.
They blame the growing violence of their children on the books / TV, instead of blaming the parents for not teaching their children what to do and what not to do.
Why didn't i kill anyone despite watching Terminator, Gremlins, Digimon, what ever the name of that movie with Chuckie the evil doll was etc...?
Or reading books similar to those (romanian ones, some depicting even killing someone with an axe and it is required in school) and didn't act like that.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 09-26-2010, 08:37   #8
Jaxx.
qq

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
They blame the growing violence of their children on the books / TV, instead of blaming the parents for not teaching their children what to do and what not to do.
Why didn't i kill anyone despite watching Terminator, Gremlins, Digimon, what ever the name of that movie with Chuckie the evil doll was etc...?
Or reading books similar to those (romanian ones, some depicting even killing someone with an axe and it is required in school) and didn't act like that.
Seriously...
Old 09-26-2010, 08:48   #9
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Seriously...
Well really, don't you think it's not such a good idea to blame it only on what's on TV or in a book for a child's bad behavior?
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 09-26-2010, 08:49   #10
Costi

Costi has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond repute
WHoo, the romanian stories/ novells I had to learn at school were badass.
Sheppers killing another one with an axe, shovel, guys slaying bears and peeling them alive, tortures with salt and winnegar on wawaweewa
Costi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50   #11
Costi

Costi has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond reputeCosti has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well really, don't you think it's not such a good idea to blame it only on what's on TV or in a book for a child's bad behavior?
blame it on the society
Costi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51   #12
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costi View Post
WHoo, the romanian stories/ novells I had to learn at school were badass.
Sheppers killing another one with an axe, shovel, guys slaying bears and peeling them alive, tortures with salt and winnegar on wawaweewa
Yep ROFLMAO! PETA would go MAD if they'd see Fat Frumos or Praslea X)) And the church would go bananas if they'd see Moara cu Noroc or Baltagul.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 09-26-2010, 08:53   #13
Jaxx.
qq

Quote:
I said "seriously" because you went " if I watched these such films why dont I got around killing people".../facepalm.

And to your question you just asked me.

I have very little knowledge in this particular field however I at first glance I do believe that what children see, read, listen and play with will influence their behavior.

It may not effect every child, tho it may effect say...1-1000 and this kid will go about influenced by what he/she sees and act in such away.

If he/she is raised on games like GTA then yes he/she may become more voilent and hostile.

Thats just my first thoughts on the matter.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01   #14
Jerri~v.2.1
Gawh

Location: SUOMI PERKELE! Total post count on banned accounts: 27 153
Jerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I said "seriously" because you went " if I watched these such films why dont I got around killing people".../facepalm.

I have very little knowledge in this particular field however I at first glance I do believe that what children see, read, listen and play with will influence their behavior.

It may not effect every child, tho it may effect say...1-1000 and this kid will go about influenced by what he/she sees and act in such away.

If he/she is raised on games like GTA then yes he/she may become more voilent and hostile.

I was raised by games like GTA, yet I'm not crazy violent lunatic.

Or am I... hmmm...
***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;
NinjaAnanta ~ [Ninja-Ninja-Ninja][130-130-138][Potency: 301(315)]
***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;

Jerri~v.2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2010, 09:04   #15
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:

I was saying that the movies didn't have any negative impact on me, so i don't see why they blame it. Maybe you're pointing at the sentence that it isn't grammatically correct OR you think i'm asking that and expecting a response.
I'm not respecting a response to the question you're laughing about, i'm just asking that to those who think that all children reading books about demons or watching such movies with violence or playing games would become killers or satanists or what ever their fears could build in their imagination.

It influences their thoughts but if you coordinate the way they should see the information, they will not do the same things as the characters in the books/tv shows. For example if in a book it says X killed Y, a parent should explain that X is bad and why X got punished. Or if X is a demon, the parent has to explain that X is fictional (kinda tough for someone who is into religion that much) and that there is no such thing as a good demon or what ever.

In before they ban Devil May Cry...
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: