Old 03-09-2011, 06:49   #1
Glass Houses

Glass Houses is on a distinguished road
Water. Taoist advice

Just started after years and am a bit overwhelmed with all the new stuff. Anyway I've gone for water Taoist but I've only ever used Trojan so have no idea what to do, I've been getting plvl at hawkings but what kind of skills should I focus on? Also when you reborn do all your skills reset to zero?

Also what's the best way to go terms of doing damage, thunder? Ty for help
Glass Houses is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28   #2
Namso
Dr. PhD

Namso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond reputeNamso has a reputation beyond repute
Water Taoist levels quickest when being pleveled, so you will have to get used to asking for teams. You could self level using magic attacks (when you fix thunder and have enough spirit then learn fire in Market) another option is to level in the training grounds only by getting a level 5 or 10 spear and levelling it in Market and never hitting anything outside.

Or another option is to start a warrior first and reborn into a water Tao as then you will have superman to level with
Old 03-09-2011, 07:38   #3
Glass Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
Water Taoist levels quickest when being pleveled, so you will have to get used to asking for teams. You could self level using magic attacks (when you fix thunder and have enough spirit then learn fire in Market) another option is to level in the training grounds only by getting a level 5 or 10 spear and levelling it in Market and never hitting anything outside.

Or another option is to start a warrior first and reborn into a water Tao as then you will have superman to level with
Hmmm, where can i get the fire spell from? I'm already lvl 66 but all my skills are still 0. I was told to level stigma as archers will like that, when thunder is fixed is it quite powerful? How hard is it to get it fixed and when I rb will it get reset?

The warrior- water idea is good but I ultimately want to make a wat-war-tro.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17   #4
offspring92
Teen Gohan

offspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond reputeoffspring92 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Houses View Post
Hmmm, where can i get the fire spell from? I'm already lvl 66 but all my skills are still 0. I was told to level stigma as archers will like that, when thunder is fixed is it quite powerful? How hard is it to get it fixed and when I rb will it get reset?

The only thing I got to say it good luck..Unless you can get plvled to level 100 and possibly more, you are going to have a hell of a time to get to 110 or 130 if you wanted to get all possible points.

Water Tao's have the weakest defense, lowest hp, only 2 damage spells and they both are very weak. Around the level 90s when your doing the daily 3 monster hunting quest, you will need people to kill them for you. Even when I was level 96 with the Elite Bound gear it would take me 6-7 Fires to kill 1 birdman and by the time you get it down I'm usually Pk'd or some one kill steals.

Thunder is easy to level up, but fire takes a while. Once you get to level 100 and get a hold of some Unique atleast Talis's and use those talis to do the bonus quest for the Super Talis, you should be alright. Currently my Water is level 101 and its doing alright for solo leveling. Still slow because of the lack of AoE but still possible to solo with.

If you cant get plvled all the time, then I'd say make a warrior or some other Melee class or even an archer and get them to level 120s and use them to tank/plvl your water yourself.

xdarkrulerjoex

Level 105 Water Taolist

156 BP

Elite Blue Braclet +2 (Bound)
Super Kylin Boots (Bound)
Super Crane Cap +2 (Bound)
Super Gold Bag +2 (Bound)
Unique Cloud Backsword +1 (RPG)(RPG)
Elite Full Frock +2 (RPG)
Unique Heaven Fan +2
Unique Star Tower +2
Steed +4
offspring92 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2011, 12:03   #5
yesumes
Banned

yesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Go warrior>water>warrior then reincarnate to trojan and you will be water>warrior>trojan, don't buy any trojan weapons yet wait to find out the new weapon skills first.
yesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2011, 12:43   #6
Draconan

Draconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

You can buy fire spell from the seller that sits on the ground between the armourer and shopkeeper in TC, or from pharmacist in market. However you won't be able to learn it until you have fixed your thunder skill (level 4) and have 80 or more spirit. To level your thunder skill you will need to attack MOBs with it or go to training ground (training ground is VERY slow), the fastest way to level is attacking MOBs that are either white named or black named. Shield and stigma will be useful spells to raise, stigma can be raised fairly fast in training ground, shield however can only be raised by casting it a lot and is best imo to just try to keep yourselph constantly shielded.

That said I would recommend the same as Namso....
You are only level 66, in the long run it would be faster and easier to restart and go warrior - water - warrior then reincarnate into trojan

Non-reborn waters are the slowest and hardest class to level, where as warrior raises very fast. Once you have reborn to water the water would be a LOT easier to level being able to combine stigma and superman, as well as having the extra attribute points to be able to wield a wand.
Draconan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2011, 15:39   #7
Glass Houses

wow didnt expect such detailed advice thank you to everyone, i looked into the re encarnation and i read someones guide on it and you guys were right, ive deleted my water and just going to go start now as a warrior and do the re encarnation path, cheers for that, saved me a big chunk of my life there
Old 03-09-2011, 22:53   #8
Teclis
iDrink

Teclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond reputeTeclis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
wow didnt expect such detailed advice thank you to everyone, i looked into the re encarnation and i read someones guide on it and you guys were right, ive deleted my water and just going to go start now as a warrior and do the re encarnation path, cheers for that, saved me a big chunk of my life there
Unfortunately some of the advice was wrong >.>

Once you have lvl 4 Thunder, you can learn Fire from the class trainer. Fire is a universal skill (for both Water and Fire Taoists).

If you want a Wat-War-Tro, I agree the best idea is to go War-Wat-War-Tro. At the water stage, you will have superman which will allow you to level extremely fast using a wand and lvling. Level your water skills before you reborn again.
lvl 117 Archer (TQ deleted this char without warning)
lvl 110-118 Water-Water
lvl 113 Ninja
lvl 125 Warrior
lvl 111 Warrior
lvl 111 Warrior
lvl 110 Warrior

Star Arrow
130-130-92 Pure Water
130-112 Arch-Arch

HTAPAWASOv2.0's: Superman Guide/EXP & Damage Guide
SioKanla's: Elite Warrior Guide
Red or Green's: Warrior Farming Guide