Old 03-13-2017, 03:11   #1
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Bounty Hunter NPC tweaked idea - Rxin wanna chime in?

I posted this on the thread suggesting the bounty hunter NPC should be brought back. I figure I'd post this here though to get more light to the idea.

"
Part 1: Go to bounty NPC type in players name to set the bounty. A Player can set a minimum amount of 100k - 10million bounty to start. The player will be marked with the title "Wanted Player"

Part 2: A Player Can choose to accept the bounty on the wanted player, and become the "Bounty Hunter". The Player has to pay the Bounty NPC half the current bounty of the wanted player to have the right to hunt him, it is the finders fee. The player can then get a map location and coordinates whenever they wish by talking to the Bounty NPC, or if tq codes it this way it gives them a "magic map" which goes to your inventory that you can right click to tell the player which map they are on and when you're on that map on your minimap it has an X on it indicating the location of the Wanted Player.

Part 3: To kill the wanted player you are either A given a special pk mode called bounty hunter, or Capture mode works to "Capture" the Wanted. "This Mode can be used on all maps except for market, house, cross server. This means even in TC where pk is forbidden is no safe haven, training grounds is no safe haven etc!

Part 4: If the Bounty Hunter kills the wanted player, the wanted player is sent to Jail or a cage by the bounty NPC for 5 minutes something like that, cannot pay out and the time is only counted while logged in so they can't log to avoid the public eye and the bounty hunter collects the reward.

Part 5: If The Bounty Hunter is instead Killed by the Wanted Player he loses the contract. And thus loses his money and his "finders fee" is added to the current bounty pool as the wanted player has killed another "innocent" so his bounty must obviously increase!

Ex: Original bounty 100k, 1st "finders fee 50k" bounty goes to 150k, 2nd finders fee 75k, bounty goes to 225k, 3rd 112.5k, bounty goes to 337.5k etc

Part 6: If the "Wanted Player" avoids being captured the whole day, "the bounty is removed at 00:00" The wanted player gains 3x the whole bounty as a reward for being such a successful outlaw! As well as 20 chi points for every bounty hunter they kill. This encourages Wanted Players to not kill themselves with an alt ACC as it is more profitable to survive and defeat the Bounty Hunters.

Part 7: The wanted player may surrender at the bounty NPC for half of the cost of the current bounty. Surrendering returns the original bounty to the player who issued the bounty + the price the wanted player paid. The wanted player who surrenders is put in the cage/jail for an online time limit of 30 minutes. Obviously, like jail, you are unable to teleport out. The player cannot be issued a bounty for the remainder of the day.

*Note's

* You can only put out a bounty on online players who are not "away, this includes auto hunt"

*If a player has a current bounty on them, the player cannot be issued another bounty but the third party may add an additional reward on the player up to 25% of the current bounty.

*If a bounty is fulfilled by killing the wanted player, the player cannot be issued another bounty for a 2 hour grace period.

*If a bounty is not fulfilled, and the player avoids capture while meeting the required "online time". The player is given a grace period of 1 day before being available to issue a bounty upon them again.

*In order to obtain the reward Wanted Players must be on nonsafe maps for at least 2 hours that day. This is to prevent players from putting a bounty on themselves, then just logging, or just logging when someone else issues a bounty on them. It will be counted in time the same way Jiang does, meaning if you are in twin city you gain that much more "online time" quicker

*If the wanted player was neither captured nor reached the unprotected map time of 2 hours the bounty remains in affect the continuing day and so on until one of the terms are met"

The Wikia. I did mindless hours of work on this, but it will no longer be updated. If anyone takes over most pages are unlocked and can be updated. For those that aren't if you see anything that needs updated send me a message and I'll do so at my convenience. Thank you! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 03-13-2017 at 14:06. Reason: I added more info into the notes section, as well as adding part 7: for conditional surrender.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2017, 06:29   #2
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
I posted this on the thread suggesting the bounty hunter NPC should be brought back. I figure I'd post this here though to get more light to the idea.

"
Part 1: Go to bounty NPC type in players name to set the bounty. A Player can set a minimum amount of 100k - 10million bounty to start. The player will be marked with the title "Wanted Player"

Part 2: A Player Can choose to accept the bounty on the wanted player, and become the "Bounty Hunter". The Player has to pay the Bounty NPC half the current bounty of the wanted player to have the right to hunt him, it is the finders fee. The player can then get a map location and coordinates whenever they wish by talking to the Bounty NPC, or if tq codes it this way it gives them a "magic map" which goes to your inventory that you can right click to tell the player which map they are on and when you're on that map on your minimap it has an X on it indicating the location of the Wanted Player.

Part 3: To kill the wanted player you are either A given a special pk mode called bounty hunter, or Capture mode works to "Capture" the Wanted. "This Mode can be used on all maps except for market, house, cross server. This means even in TC where pk is forbidden is no safe haven, training grounds is no safe haven etc!

Part 4: If the Bounty Hunter kills the wanted player, the wanted player is sent to Jail or a cage by the bounty NPC for 5 minutes something like that, cannot pay out and the time is only counted while logged in so they can't log to avoid the public eye and the bounty hunter collects the reward.

Part 5: If The Bounty Hunter is instead Killed by the Wanted Player he loses the contract. And thus loses his money and his "finders fee" is added to the current bounty pool as the wanted player has killed another "innocent" so his bounty must obviously increase!

Ex: Original bounty 100k, 1st "finders fee 50k" bounty goes to 150k, 2nd finders fee 75k, bounty goes to 225k, 3rd 112.5k, bounty goes to 337.5k etc

Part 6: If the "Wanted Player" avoids being captured the whole day, "the bounty is removed at 00:00" The wanted player gains 3x the whole bounty as a reward for being such a successful outlaw! As well as 20 chi points for every bounty hunter they kill. This encourages Wanted Players to not kill themselves with an alt ACC as it is more profitable to survive and defeat the Bounty Hunters.

*Note in order to obtain the reward Wanted Players must be on nonsafe maps for at least 2 hours that day. This is to prevent players from putting a bounty on themselves, then just logging, or just logging when someone else issues a bounty on them. It will be counted in time the same way Jiang does, meaning if you are in twin city you gain that much more "online time" quicker

*If the wanted player was neither captured nor reached the unprotected map time of 2 hours the bounty remains in a ffect the continuing day and so on until one of the terms are met"
So how is that going to work if I'm using autohunt on my trojan in FG2 to collect millions of silver?
Old 03-13-2017, 06:39   #3
The last stick
Stickman

The last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Buy how do i kill myself if i bounty myself?
The last stick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2017, 08:02   #4
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last stick View Post
Buy how do i kill myself if i bounty myself?
Also, how do you kill that which has no life?
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21   #5
The last stick
Stickman

The last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Also, how do you kill that which has no life?
But pixels have lifespans and die....
The last stick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2017, 08:27   #6
Locky
Boogey

Locky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond repute
#Make conquer great for once
Old 03-13-2017, 12:04   #7
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
So how is that going to work if I'm using autohunt on my trojan in FG2 to collect millions of silver?
Lol, I accidently edited that part out apparently, I was half asleep when I was finishing the post up. I'll put it back in the OP but I added to the notes as well as part 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky View Post
#Make conquer great for once
I'm honestly trying my best here, I think this idea is solid along with a few of my others if they would just listen the gameplay would become a lot more fun. This also brings back being "KOS'd" as now there's not much of a threat behind it as there use to be with items/gold dropping etc when pkd in tc or whenever. At least with this, you have a cage that you get sent to if you're killed and have to "suffer the consequences for 5 min."

The Wikia. I did mindless hours of work on this, but it will no longer be updated. If anyone takes over most pages are unlocked and can be updated. For those that aren't if you see anything that needs updated send me a message and I'll do so at my convenience. Thank you! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 03-13-2017 at 12:26.
Old 03-15-2017, 14:25   #8
aaaa

aaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond reputeaaaa has a reputation beyond repute
That was my favorite feature in CO ._.

No new features... It just need to return for the old style.
And maybe send a little BC to ppl know who killed who.
http://mabskmk.webs.com/
aaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2017, 14:53   #9
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa View Post
That was my favorite feature in CO ._.

No new features... It just need to return for the old style.
And maybe send a little BC to ppl know who killed who.
If we don't change it to the way I included it's not nearly as fun, and more to the point everyone will just kill themselves to claim the reward for themselves instead of trying to survive to get a greater reward.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:30   #10
Angtoria
Weasel War

Angtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond reputeAngtoria has a reputation beyond repute
Whats to stop me from putting money on my noobs head, waiting till the end of the day and making 3x my money back? Feels exploitable by anyone tough enough to fend a few people off
Dark

Never Back Down

RIP pescijr
Angtoria is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2017, 13:26   #11
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angtoria View Post
Whats to stop me from putting money on my noobs head, waiting till the end of the day and making 3x my money back? Feels exploitable by anyone tough enough to fend a few people off
Sure, but if you put a bounty on yourself you're also risking your own money against anyone who wishes to challenge you. And you always run into the possibility of dealing with a group of bounty hunters. So if you're willing to risk your own money and can survive then so be it. It's a risk-reward type scenario.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: