Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54   #1
the_awesome

the_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond repute
Hijacked Community Thread

My question is:
Do you guys have annoying dumb**** marketers in your server? Lightning server is so ****ing irritating.
For example I would say
"SELLING>> EXEMPTION TOKEN 999 CPS"

And as soon as I try to market ANYTHING I get heaps of whispers from presumably arabic players with:
"Exemption token for"

And that's it. That is all they ****ing say.
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****

Any further response from me either makes them repeat themselves or they start talking in their own language.
Seriously, 100% of my whispers are from people like this. And it may be around 20 people every hour trying to buy my stuff. Either that or they will say
"Exemption token offer"

And again, no matter what I say, whether it is the price or whatever, I get some stupid ass response. They don't say "no thank you" all they say is "thank you". Again, WHAT THE ****.

And to add further insult to injury I get these dip**** offers like "30kk". Let me explain...30kk is worth about 500 cps in my server. That's only half the price. I'm seriously going insane trying to sell stuff. No English buyers whatsoever.

So I'm wondering, what is the best way to deal with them? Are there any translators available? How can I get my message across? Seriously the lack of english players in my server are haunting.
lol ill try but i cant help but use numbers ive been typing like this 4 so long that now its become instinct
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
So, what your are saying is...

You trained yourself to be a retard?

Last edited by the_awesome; 11-05-2013 at 04:57.
the_awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 05:33   #2
USER1_74

USER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond repute
In Light server (EU) we have another kind of annoying ppl

When you enter in the market some noob start trade you for show his stupid (and useless) items (dragon soul for shield, +1 items, refined gems......)
he try to trade again and again and follow you for the whole market.....
we need a button for forbidden trade.
question: if you blacklist a char (chat filter) i know that he cant whisper you but he can try to trade or it's forbidden too?.
Full +12-7P7 P12 anima
NewChallenge EU server
USER1_74 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 05:35   #3
Gentleman
~Khaled-

Gentleman is on a distinguished road
the reason of make me log in game only at events is ****ing moron eggys
Old 11-05-2013, 05:36   #4
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by USER1_74 View Post
question: if you blacklist a char (chat filter) i know that he cant whisper you but he can try to trade or it's forbidden too?.
Can still trade and spam team invites.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 05:42   #5
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
"item" for , is fill in the blank WITH the price. if you already said your price and they still do this, they are asking or hoping you would lower your price.

marketing, is what i do all DAY.

it is really interesting interacting with people of different cultural background.

you really have to have an open mind and try to figure what they are trying to convey to be able to close a deal.

it is fun.

Last edited by sundancerx; 11-05-2013 at 06:00.
sundancerx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50   #6
Gentleman
~Khaled-

Gentleman is on a distinguished road
tq made a button for team spams, they should make new one for trade spams + another one for block like 300- bp noob's spams whisper, team inviting etc thats better than type their name then add black list etc... also sometings wrong with black list u still get whisper from dumb noobs who you re black listed''which has arabic letters in their name''
Old 11-05-2013, 06:05   #7
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_awesome View Post
And to add further insult to injury I get these dip**** offers like "30kk". Let me explain...30kk is worth about 500 cps in my server. That's only half the price.
The buyer must have planed to sell it for 1500CPs
So I'm wondering, what is the best way to deal with them? Are there any translators available? How can I get my message across? Seriously the lack of english players in my server are haunting.
Put your items for the price you want and ignore any whispers.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 06:12   #8
phreak~neptune

phreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, ALL the time. As others have said.. they want a lower price. The best part is when you tell them 999 cps, they say 500 cps or "bb" and you tell them "bb" and then they say "ksomok" whatever that is.. I think kos?

I just remember to myself that, the market in this game.. that is egy everyday real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerx View Post
it is really interesting interacting with people of different cultural background.
not only when trying to sell stuff.... I killed somebody the other day because they killed me when I was autohunting. We exchanged some words after, most of his being in arabic (which obviously I can't read, but I do talk to a couple egys though, and I figured out that if you copy and paste whenever they say something to you [just for a small example a7a] if you know an egy that speaks english, you can copy this and paste it and send it to the person and it turns it back into arabic for them. I don't think it would work if you were to "type" a7a, but if it is sent to you from an egy and you copy + paste it, it works..) in the end, he told me the equivalent of "my father is with your mother!". Man, those cultural differences lol.. that wouldn't really be that big of a deal here, and it means nothing if you tell me it on a game. There in egy? maybe you'd kill his father or something because it would be bad.. lol.. but to me? "well, okay.. sounds good bro. I hope they have a good time together!"

Last edited by phreak~neptune; 11-05-2013 at 09:41.
phreak~neptune is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 07:04   #9
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak~neptune View Post
Yes, ALL the time. As others have said.. they want a lower price. The best part is when you tell them 999 cps, they say 500 cps or "bb" and you tell them "bb" and then you key "ksomok" whatever that is.. I think kos?

I just remember to myself that, the market in this game.. that is egy everyday real life.

not only when trying to sell stuff.... I killed somebody the other day because they killed me when I was autohunting. We exchanged some words after, most of his being in arabic (which obviously I can't read, but I do talk to a couple egys though, and I figured out that if you copy and paste whenever they say something to you [just for a small example a7a] if you know an egy that speaks english, you can copy this and paste it and send it to the person and it turns it back into arabic for them. I don't think it would work if you were to "type" a7a, but if it is sent to you from an egy and you copy + paste it, it works..) in the end, he told me the equivalent of "my father is with your mother!". Man, those cultural differences lol.. that wouldn't really be that big of a deal here, and it means nothing if you tell me it on a game. There in egy? maybe you'd kill his father or something because it would be bad.. lol.. but to me? "well, okay.. sounds good bro. I hope they have a good time together!"
like i said, jst have an open mind and chill. realize that some of them are jst kids. kids do what they do.

9yrs and only now i figured what fdp means :P
Old 11-05-2013, 10:33   #10
~C10uD~M4n~
Panda Bear

~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute~C10uD~M4n~ has a reputation beyond repute
The Egys are always looking for a lower price... no matter what you have something priced at. You could be selling it for 2k cp one day and an Egy will offer you 1,500 "or bb"; you refuse and come back another day, unable to sell it, and list it at 1,500 cp, an Egy offers you 1k "or bb". The solution is to overprice it by 25-100% to begin with and wait for one to offer you around (or more than) what you want.
~C10uD~M4n~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 11:46   #11
ilsu333

ilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond repute
For some reason most people on my server sell stuff illegally for real money ("bara el game" to be more specific)...For that reason i always turn off the world chat,to bad you can't turn off broadcast as well...

Yeah and for the whisper spammers there is the block button :P
Old 11-05-2013, 11:47   #12
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you just respond quoting a higher price every time they message you? That's what I do if someone pisses me off. They quickly realise that you are not about to sell your item for the pittance that they have offered you.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:00   #13
phreak~neptune

phreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond reputephreak~neptune has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsu333 View Post
For some reason most people on my server sell stuff illegally for real money ("bara el game" to be more specific)...For that reason i always turn off the world chat,to bad you can't turn off broadcast as well...

Yeah and for the whisper spammers there is the block button :P
They do on my server too.. except it's usually "I need money out game" uhm.. money for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Why don't you just respond quoting a higher price every time they message you? That's what I do if someone pisses me off. They quickly realise that you are not about to sell your item for the pittance that they have offered you.
I do this haha, all i get back is the ksomok and a bunch of arabic crap

Also, while we are kind of on the subject: What about the people that spam friend request? They always spam you like 10 of them, I've even had like litterally 50 friend request from the same person. Luckily, you can keep clicking the button for the request and just keep clicking no instead of clicking the button, no, clicking the button, no, etc.
phreak~neptune is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2013, 12:05   #14
sundancerx

glad people find humor into all of this.

if you really try to understand how people behave the way they do, its kind of amusing.
Old 11-05-2013, 14:27   #15
Karyn
iR Lysa

Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Well most servers the egys try get everything half price and then sell it at double the cost. I knew someone on crystal went from +6 to +12 doing that...

Typical conversation with an egy in the market:

S>+12 blade, leave a fair offer.
blade +12 offert
Simply tell me your offer and I'll get back to you
ok
so?
offert blade +12
YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY
30db ok LL
err?
ok or no
no
bb noop *** yuu
bye.....

an hour later...

blade +12 offert..

Also I LOVE how egys have "buying" prices and "selling" prices... normally 50db difference on a +12. It's crazy!
Server = Colombus / Faith
Crystal player for 10 years.
--------------------------
<3 Katrina, one of my bestest friends in the world =D
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

Cyber bullying needs to stop. Now.
RIP sweet Rachel <3
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: