View Poll Results: Do you like to attend Eid ul-Fitr Online Event?
Yes. I'd like to. 36 52.17%
No. I'm not interested in it. 24 34.78%
Because of my religion, I won't do that quest. 9 13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 00:08   #1
Ryan_2008
( ̄ε( ̄) ∑(╯▽╰)╭ ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

Ryan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile About August Online events

Perhaps you don’t know that every day our players are from about 128 countries! As far as I know, there are only 193 countries in the world. Thanks to the internet, the CO community is becoming a “Global Village”.

So far we have received quite many ideas and suggestions about the online event quests. And it is really amazing to see those interesting stories written by our players from different countries.

We will try our best to make more and more interesting events for our players, and also we are willing to introduce other countries’ culture and customs to our dear players.

Recently as the Islamic Ramadan is coming near, quite many players request that we shall hold such festival for the Eid ul-Fitr that marks the end of Ramadan. It is a big holiday and a happy festival for 23% of the world population.

It is not only a religious event nowadays, but also the holiday that symbolizes the happiness and tolerance.

Do you like this holiday to be held in CO, or you would not like to attend it. Leave your opinions here.

Pros or Cons***65311;
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51   #2
phini4eva
lovedbyall

phini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond repute
im sorry, but id rather not do this. Not because of mpersonally, but there are too many rasist people on CO, and doing something islamic will bring out the worst in the community, this is not what I would do, but what, unfortunalty, will happen. NOTE: i pressed the wrong buttom in thw poll, i meant to press the secou nd option, not the third!

Server: Dreams-Dreams
Chara: fatboyslim

"Religious freedom is not based on the freedom to proselytize, but the right to retain one's religion and not be subject to proselytization" -Belief of Hinduism
Ex-Vidster-Phini, RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
We don't need to reach deeper into your wallet. You do that for us. ha
The Official and absolutely amazing fan group of the god/goddess that is Infamous~!
Liverpool FC FTW
Css Player
Suggestion for Warrior(recommended by mods)
Apparently, I have offended someone.

Last edited by phini4eva; 07-22-2009 at 01:53.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:04   #3
TmT-sibrand
Banned

TmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond reputeTmT-sibrand has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_2008 View Post
Perhaps you don’t know that every day our players are from about 128 countries! As far as I know, there are only 193 countries in the world. Thanks to the internet, the CO community is becoming a “Global Village”.

So far we have received quite many ideas and suggestions about the online event quests. And it is really amazing to see those interesting stories written by our players from different countries.

We will try our best to make more and more interesting events for our players, and also we are willing to introduce other countries’ culture and customs to our dear players.

Recently as the Islamic Ramadan is coming near, quite many players request that we shall hold such festival for the Eid ul-Fitr that marks the end of Ramadan. It is a big holiday and a happy festival for 23% of the world population.

It is not only a religious event nowadays, but also the holiday that symbolizes the happiness and tolerance.

Do you like this holiday to be held in CO, or you would not like to attend it. Leave your opinions here.

Pros or Cons***65311;
No.

Do it on arabic co or something (even though they share our servers, right?)
Old 07-22-2009, 02:48   #4
isti37
Tigger

isti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond repute
We don't know too much about Islam, it would worth a try.
Btw most of us don't want to get dbs for a day long quest, we want a lot of free blessing and saddles for a little walking.

Pros : Atleast it's a new quest
Cons :
We don't like Egys/Turks and other people who can't learn a lil English.
I wonder what you will actually have to do.

My idea is to celebrate it by adding to luckytime a HP regeneration at random with a bigger chance then reflect when you are attacked (100% of your maximum HP) to people who completed the quest.

The basic ninja :
Who needs fastblade ? I have Twofold Blades
Who needs superman ? Fatal strike is way faster.
Who needs poison blade,tornado ? I have toxic fog and poisonous shuriken !
Who needs reflect ? I can do a counter kill faster than a blink of an eye.
Who needs dodge ? It's a waste of a skill ! I like to bane the archers and make them run to their mommies.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:02   #5
DaManFromNoWher

DaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond reputeDaManFromNoWher has a reputation beyond repute
There have been religious Holiday quests before (Valentine's Day and Easter Day), so I'd say either go for it, but be prepared to give every religion in the world their own quests.

Or stick to just Chinese culture.

Also, TQ has a way of making innocent language errors and such. I would highly suggest you hire a Muslim Cleric, or two, to go over your quest before you release it. The rest of the world seems to understand mistakes, they have followers who don't.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:05   #6
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Location: Suomi prkl!!!!!!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 113 = 11628
ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
wait... someone cares about what the quests are for?

Just hold the quests and name them what ever you name 1/10th of the people who do it might read the dialogues.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10   #7
lukas
looking

lukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond reputelukas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananta...~v.4 View Post
wait... someone cares about what the quests are for?

Just hold the quests and name them what ever you name 1/10th of the people who do it might read the dialogues.
So true.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:34   #8
Carnifex
Mista Luck

Carnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond reputeCarnifex has a reputation beyond repute
i would love to have a quest based on another country

i like keeping an open mind :3

Semi-Quit

Carnifex Warrior 127 > Warrior 81 (merchant now)

Gílgamesh Trojan 130 > Warrior 130 > Water 111(main)
Old 07-22-2009, 11:43   #9
*~Ahmed.ftw~*
Banned

*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute*~Ahmed.ftw~* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Pros or Cons***65311;
before going into this......

im Muslim and arabian, IM BEGGING YOU not to release this in-game, i have had enough of every little kid who says racist comments now and then

let alone that you ppl dont know **** about islam, surrounded by fake and untrsuted media everywhere you go, even the rewards we get from quests like that are useless i'd go to pray in that time rather than doing some quests for 1/12 exp ball lol

Old 07-22-2009, 18:06   #10
johnpriest
Priest

johnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond reputejohnpriest has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Perhaps you don***8217;t know that every day our players are from about 128 countries! As far as I know, there are only 193 countries in the world. Thanks to the internet, the CO community is becoming a ***8220;Global Village***8221;.

We will try our best to make more and more interesting events for our players, and also we are willing to introduce other countries***8217; culture and customs to our dear players.

Pros or Cons***65311;
and why didnt we do the 4th of july? :-p

seems american players are overlooked for the holidays lol, we do thanksgiving but not 4th of july?.. seems a bit odd imho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
I'm in your shadowz, lootin your DBz

Last edited by johnpriest; 07-22-2009 at 18:09.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:28   #11
Zepy
ImmortalMe

Zepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

as loong as events are IN-game most players will join for the rewards !

not in-game then smart people with proxy if needed or internet cafe will make so many contest entrance to win untill u guys really belive u got players acctually playing your off co activity

Water 130 . Trojan 130 . Archer 137
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608; 95%

IceDragon working
Ninja 132 ___ War 134
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608; 35%

Let Go of your hate !
Old 07-23-2009, 02:36   #12
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Why would any of you be arguing against any event anyway, is what I want to know. Who cares what it's about?
And for the guy that said a small minority when referring to Muslims, Islam is the 2nd biggest religion in the world (based on number of followers), so I would hardly call it a small minority. But that isn't the point of putting a Ramadan event in CO anyway. Its just another excuse to make an event.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:06   #13
Kazirem
@g-gate

Kazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond reputeKazirem has a reputation beyond repute
I say go for it, but please please please please make it have rewards that are actually worth doing..

As hemp said, i dont think anyone honestly cares less about what the event is celebrating, sure if its for Islamic people then they might get an erection over it, hooray for them. I for one couldnt care less what the quest is about as long as the rewards are worth even patching for, not 1/6 of an exp ball every hour or so.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:50   #14
Ryan_2008
( ̄ε( ̄) ∑(╯▽╰)╭ ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

Ryan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRyan_2008 has a reputation beyond repute
This quest haven't been decided yet. We are still thinking about what kind of festival is proper to be held as an online event.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions. I think I have collected what I want.

And now, let this thread down.

====================

You are welcome to contact me if you have any good ideas/suggestions about CO.

I'm here waiting for your PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: