Old 09-16-2017, 10:03   #16
KloacmrotSi

KloacmrotSi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
FYI, just like STGS mdefense is capped I forgot the percentage but it is capped.
how high is it?
Are you 100 pct sure man?
i just did test and put on m defense refineries, i did even less per nado.
if its caped its capped so high that it doesn't even matter if its capped or not, and still helps the fact that others have m defense percentages on every gear piece even weapons now and getting more and more each and every single patch lols
KloacmrotSi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2017, 11:03   #17
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KloacmrotSi View Post
how high is it?
Are you 100 pct sure man?
i just did test and put on m defense refineries, i did even less per nado.
if its caped its capped so high that it doesn't even matter if its capped or not, and still helps the fact that others have m defense percentages on every gear piece even weapons now and getting more and more each and every single patch lols
Mdefense IIRC caps at like 80-85% also the mdefense refineries help against Final mdamage which is not considered in mdefense at all or that cap so it will still help against Final mattack. Basically any class can reach the mdefense cap rather easily so it doesn't really matter all that much.

http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=761506

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2017, 11:39   #18
KloacmrotSi

Quote:
Mdefense IIRC caps at like 80-85% also the mdefense refineries help against Final mdamage which is not considered in mdefense at all or that cap so it will still help against Final mattack. Basically any class can reach the mdefense cap rather easily so it doesn't really matter all that much.
I dont think thats true man, I remember i had a friend who was final mattack build, I was beating him in tornado damage / points because i was m attack build, he put on those m defence pct refineries and beat me every time.
I hope that your right about it being caped, but I have already tested it and thats certainly not the case, the cap has to be atleast 110 pct and the warriors and others with m defence on their weaps hit that indefinitely

if someone can do a test on it and put up pics I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: no those refinery's dont affect the final m attack builds, it affects the added m damage that is already applied with bracelet and backsword regardless of final m attack build. Which is still the same case.

Last edited by KloacmrotSi; 09-16-2017 at 11:43.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:42   #19
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KloacmrotSi View Post
I dont think thats true man, I remember i had a friend who was final mattack build, I was beating him in tornado damage / points because i was m attack build, he put on those m defence pct refineries and beat me every time.
I hope that your right about it being caped, but I have already tested it and thats certainly not the case, the cap has to be atleast 110 pct and the warriors and others with m defence on their weaps hit that indefinitely

if someone can do a test on it and put up pics I would greatly appreciate it.
Like I said, the cap is 80-85% but refineries will help against final mattack (including your fan/wings dmg etc) and also will negate any penetration refineries you yourself have on to lower their mdefense.

If the cap was 100%+ then no one would ever take damage from any magic sources :P

Check out my conquer wikia it's a work in progress and details the pros and cons of builds etc! Soon it will be a database of knowledge for new and old players alike! Conquer Online Wikia

Last edited by Returning; 09-16-2017 at 11:45.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:54   #20
KloacmrotSi

Quote:
Like I said, the cap is 80-85% but refineries will help against final mattack (including your fan/wings dmg etc) and also will negate any penetration refineries you yourself have on to lower their mdefense.

If the cap was 100%+ then no one would ever take damage from any magic sources :P
I dont believe thats the cap, maybe many years ago or somthing it would have sounded right, but any full +12 melee char has 105 or more m defence %.

It's not caped, especially not that low, i think who ever your getting your source from is really out dated.

No those refinery's dont affect final m, they affect m attack. (Edit: i see now that some of those say they do and dont affect final m attack Some just affect M attack damage, those are the ones im talking about. And if the main build isn't final m attack then they still work. thus the cap is much higher than you think)
Thats why the refineries say they affect 8 percent of magic attack specifically. They dont say, It takes away -8 pct of final m attack

Yes you would still do damage surely? because if not
then your stating that fires only do 20 pct of their m attack to all characters as of right now.

Last edited by KloacmrotSi; 09-16-2017 at 12:00.
Old 09-16-2017, 19:11   #21
Lep
Real

Lep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond reputeLep has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a Fire Taoist user hoping to get a good Taoist update with the upcoming updates~

There are different rebirth combinations and some can be more fun than others depending on how you use them. Cyclone is a lot more fun in a PvE environment as oppose to it's uselessness in PvP unless you're walking with FireCircle.

Quote:
Fire Taoist: Solo Player
Monk-Warrior-FireTaoist
  • After rebirth the following are kept: Serenity and Reflect
Serenity: When hit by ToxicFog, Wind Walker XP Skill, Stunned by a Boss &/or player, etc...
Reflect: The reflection of damage to another player.
Quote:
Fire Taoist: Team Player
DragonWarrior-WaterTaoist-Fire-Taoist
  • After rebirth the following are kept: Dragon Roar and XP Revive
Dragon Roar: Restores Stamina to your teammates
XP Revive: Revives your teammates
(Both of these skills may be used fairly quickly due to the XP Skill and Skill reset function from the Perfection system)
A M-Attack FireTaoist isn't as powerful as it used to be back in the Classic days due to the equipment buffs and so forth. A +Final M-Attack fire Taoist might be of more use considering that people don't normally go for -Final M-Attack.

If you want to use a +Final do consider the possibilities that it might still be rendered useless. A Warrior with +Final M-Attack is more PvP oriented than a Taoist.
  • Shield (Extra defense + 20 Block)
  • Skills (Can add extra defense, extra Block, and can nullify all magic attacks.

There's not much I can say to convince people that Fire Taoist is actually a useful or powerful class due to the Chi and Jiang system, but what I will add that the class is actually more fun to play with than a Assassin.

Hope this helped somewhat and I hope TQ finally releases their "Metal Saint" and "Wood Saint" class that they used to have on the Client Profession files before at some point.

Click this link for a quick peek of the updates to new classes. FireTaoists get a nice skill buff. Which will be super useful with the rebirth skills acquired.

Last edited by Lep; 09-16-2017 at 19:30.
Lep is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2017, 05:08   #22
Restruction

Restruction is on a distinguished road
Alright so, From my perspective....Fire Taos can be strong. The Fire Tao that I am following named "the.mofo" was a glass canon Fire Tao. I think recently he just broke 50k M-Attack. His jiang is only M-Strike & M-Attack, Which what my Fire Tao is currently. My Chi is a work in progress but is still alright, At least for my server. My chi consists of M-Strike, M-Attack, Immunity & Break.

A Fire Tao with break can be deadly. No one ever expects to die to a fire tao with SPG. In my case, If I can attack first I can kill them first if they are lower Bp than I. If they are higher BP or if they are running ANTI that is higher than my break then it's tough luck for me.

My build is good for my server, But in other servers, people would probably call it completely useless. But to that, I will say yeah it is, But probably only in team events, Not PVE or for what I call "Hit and run tactics". Fire Taos have insane range on tornado I can off screen them no problem and then people will usually call me a hacker when they die to a fire off screen.

How fast are you other fires doing Dis City? I can complete Dis City in under 4 Mins if I am lucky with the stones. To those that say that a Fire Tao cannot do Dis City fast have any idea what an SPG fire can do for PVE? Since the damage for magic casters have been increased we Fire Taos can kill much faster than we used to, Not to mention faster than some classes, Thanks to Fire of Hell. Keep in mind this applies to monsters, Hence the PVE.

Right now my Fire Tao's stats are abysmal, As is my BP with my Fire Tao. But I will list my stats anyhow.

BP: 326 (W/ Mentor)
HP: 29106
Mana: 950
M-Attack: 37741 (Blue M-Attack in Dragon, Green in Turtle, Purple in Nix, Yellow in Tiger)
SPG: 150%
Bless: 23%
Level: 140
Break: 30%
Counter: 33.4%
Skill Crit: 181.30% (W/O Refinery on BS, W/O M-Attack Boot Soul P7)
Immunity: 82.60% (W/O P7 Souls, W/O Immunity Refinery Boot & Armor)
Penetration: 41% (No Penetration Refinery on Head)
Detox: 72%

Chi:

Nix: M-Strike 19.8 (98), Break (100), M-Attack 1760 (63), Random Gray Stat (10) = 271
Dragon: -Final M-Dmg 203 (61), M-Attack 2140 (82), M-Strike 18.1 (90), Immunity (100) = 333
Tiger: M-Strike 19.1 (95), Anti Break 15.4 (75), Random White Stat (29), M-Attack 2300 (90) = 289
Turtle: M-Strike 19.1 (95), M-Attack 2040 (77), Max-HP (100), Immunity 19.6 (97) = 369

Jiang Stats:

Jiang Score: 68,200
M-Attack: 18795
M-Strike: 73.2%

Btw, I was a Monk>War>Fire, I just reincarnated to Pirate>War>Fire

Last edited by Restruction; 09-17-2017 at 05:09. Reason: Added Class Paths
Restruction is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2017, 10:37   #23
|Shadow|

|Shadow| is on a distinguished road
Hello , Im working to build my fire as glass cannon cuz is more fun than a stg one.Is boring in arena to play 5 mins and win by points or no.
With good chi and jiang can get over 200 m strike witch is more than imunity 99% players on server have ( without tank waters ).
In my opinion , fires should be glass cannon with spg like the old times.
|Shadow| is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2017, 11:12   #24
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Shadow| View Post
Hello , Im working to build my fire as glass cannon cuz is more fun than a stg one.Is boring in arena to play 5 mins and win by points or no.
With good chi and jiang can get over 200 m strike witch is more than imunity 99% players on server have ( without tank waters ).
In my opinion , fires should be glass cannon with spg like the old times.
Glass cannon build is pointless, most people have more imm than crit you can obtain, especially if you're low BP then it's double bad. BT/Imm/HP/Mattack is the build you want and the rely on perfection for crits. If you notice in your Jiang you cannot get mstrike in the hp stages so even if you were to go mstrike there, and mstrike in chi over BT that gives you 3 stages of strike, which gives you 81%, then you get a max of 80 if you roll all stages in chi at max so that's 161. 15 for max crit refinery and p7 soul on brac 176. 10 for p7 bs and 15 for bs refinery. that's 201 or 206 with skill strike boots on. Most anyone who matters will have 190+ immunity that's a 16% crit.

Or, you could instead put immunity up, stage 1 jiang either BT or Mattack and chi BT and do much more damage than a crit no break will ever do. Thus being able to survive and dish out damage.

The only time I'd ever suggest crit as a fire is with at least full +12 duke, anything less and you're wasting your potential of PVP dmg. Even then you might get more out of going for Final Mattack over crit just for the extra sustained damage for those with higher immunity than you can have in crit, and again at high-level fights you're going to want immunity for survivability otherwise it doesn't matter how much you do you'll be 1 shot 50% of the time.

Old 09-17-2017, 13:03   #25
King_Kai
NOSTupidyy

King_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to King_Kai
If ur serious about ur fire,

Goal: 100break/100crit, 2 or 3 stages +final m-attk ur choice...full imm!, all the m-attk u can harvest! torts and tank-up to beast mode.

King_Kai ****140*****FireTao

Active+Legend

Conquer Online Hebby server Top Ranked Fire Tao
King_Kai is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2017, 13:06   #26
|Shadow|

I build it just for fun , I don't care if I die alot.Is great to give 1-2 crit nados.
Old 09-17-2017, 13:08   #27
|Shadow|

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kai View Post
If ur serious about ur fire,

Goal: 100break/100crit, 2 or 3 stages +final m-attk ur choice...full imm!, all the m-attk u can harvest! torts and tank-up to beast mode.
I don't want to kill higher bp chars so bt is not an option and final m is lame , no offence .
Old 09-17-2017, 13:42   #28
Restruction

Restruction is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Glass cannon build is pointless, most people have more imm than crit you can obtain, especially if you're low BP then it's double bad. BT/Imm/HP/Mattack is the build you want and the rely on perfection for crits. If you notice in your Jiang you cannot get mstrike in the hp stages so even if you were to go mstrike there, and mstrike in chi over BT that gives you 3 stages of strike, which gives you 81%, then you get a max of 80 if you roll all stages in chi at max so that's 161. 15 for max crit refinery and p7 soul on brac 176. 10 for p7 bs and 15 for bs refinery. that's 201 or 206 with skill strike boots on. Most anyone who matters will have 190+ immunity that's a 16% crit.

Or, you could instead put immunity up, stage 1 jiang either BT or Mattack and chi BT and do much more damage than a crit no break will ever do. Thus being able to survive and dish out damage.

The only time I'd ever suggest crit as a fire is with at least full +12 duke, anything less and you're wasting your potential of PVP dmg. Even then you might get more out of going for Final Mattack over crit just for the extra sustained damage for those with higher immunity than you can have in crit, and again at high-level fights you're going to want immunity for survivability otherwise it doesn't matter how much you do you'll be 1 shot 50% of the time.
Have you looked? How do you know you cannot get M-Strike in the HP Stages?
Restruction is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2017, 15:04   #29
*~BeLLaDonna~*

*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute*~BeLLaDonna~* has a reputation beyond repute
Hello everyone =)

yes, you can have M-Strike in all the stages in jiang

https://sites.google.com/site/conque...guides/jianghu
Sake - Most noob
*~BeLLaDonna~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2017, 19:05   #30
Returning
ComServant

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~BeLLaDonna~* View Post
Hello everyone =)

yes, you can have M-Strike in all the stages in jiang

https://sites.google.com/site/conque...guides/jianghu
oh my bad the thing is buggy in game has them combined lol without a space didn't notice it. Even so i'd say break build is 1000% better for low bp players.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: