Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31   #61
StupidGirl
|\/|( )|)EP\ /-\ + ( ) P\

StupidGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Pluto is not a planet
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
Level 131
StupidGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2009, 07:10   #62
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Who was the Ent that helped Merry and Pippin in LOTR?
The correct answer is Treebeard.
The TQ answer...I'm not sure.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 15:59   #63
Killecesar

Killecesar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavens_fury View Post
I believe this is only true in the film. In the novel I think it was indeed Quickbeam, since you went onto a movie trivia website then it will support the movie version of the events.
Killecesar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2009, 18:15   #64
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
true, quickbeam was the right answer however only pure fans (like me ) know about this.. tq should change it to treebeard for the sake of it
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2009, 13:26   #65
ZealŪ
Irritated

ZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond reputeZealŪ has a reputation beyond repute
+1
Old 05-22-2009, 14:01   #66
heavens_fury
Banned

heavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killecesar View Post
I believe this is only true in the film. In the novel I think it was indeed Quickbeam, since you went onto a movie trivia website then it will support the movie version of the events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
true, quickbeam was the right answer however only pure fans (like me ) know about this.. tq should change it to treebeard for the sake of it
it's treebeard! lol go find it in the book

the two towers

book 2: chapter 4

Quote:
Speeding through the forest, Merry and Pippin stop to drink water from the Entwash River. Munching on some of their few remaining lembas cakes, they worry about their lack of food and supplies. To their surprise, Merry and Pippin are suddenly addressed by what appears to be a fourteen-foot-tall walking tree. The creature is an Ent, an ancient treelike creature, named Fangorn or Treebeard. He is kind to the hobbits, and he explains his history to them. Treebeard identifies himself as one of the oldest creatures in Middle-earth. He is the shepherd of the other trees in the forest, many of which are Ents like him. Fangorn offers to carry Merry and Pippin to his home and to give them food and drink. On the way, Fangorn provides information about the Ents and their history. Many trees in the forest are simply Ents that have fallen asleep, who must be roused to action by some stirring motivation. The Ents have lost their wives, as the Ent-wives wandered off one day long ago. As a consequence, there are no young Ents in the forest.

Last edited by heavens_fury; 05-23-2009 at 23:02.
heavens_fury is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2009, 17:50   #67
Killecesar

Quote:
it's treebeard! lol go find it in the book
I'm pretty sure if you read on. Treebeard then gives them to Quickbeam to look after whilst they had their Entmoot thing. Then it was Quickbeam who brought them to Isengard.

Last edited by Killecesar; 05-22-2009 at 18:17.
Old 05-23-2009, 17:53   #68
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm pretty sure if you read on. Treebeard then gives them to Quickbeam to look after whilst they had their Entmoot thing. Then it was Quickbeam who brought them to Isengard.
I think you are right!

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Pippin#With_Treebeard

Quote:
Pippin and Merry were left in the care of a 'hasty' Ent named Quickbeam who had already decided to go to battle with the Orcs as many of his tree friends had been killed.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2009, 17:55   #69
heavens_fury
Banned

heavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
the question didn't ask who carried them to isengard it just asks who carries them through the forest >.< lol
Old 05-23-2009, 18:27   #70
Decado

Decado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
the two towers

book 3: chapter 4
heavens fury, wasn't 'The Two Towers' book #2?

I'm not an expert on it, I only made it through 1 1/2 of the books and almost through the first movie.

Decado is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2009, 23:02   #71
heavens_fury
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado View Post
heavens fury, wasn't 'The Two Towers' book #2?

I'm not an expert on it, I only made it through 1 1/2 of the books and almost through the first movie.
uh yeah, sorry didn't read what i typed lol i'll fix it
Old 05-23-2009, 23:14   #72
Tamim

Tamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant futureTamim has a brilliant future
One of the sights in Egypt is Nile ofcourse, Nile was wrong
Tamim is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2009, 17:10   #73
Killecesar

Quote:
the question didn't ask who carried them to isengard it just asks who carries them through the forest >.< lol
Well if thats the case the answer would still be Quickbeam since he carried them around the forest whilst the rest of the Ents had their Entmoot.
Old 05-24-2009, 17:13   #74
heavens_fury
Banned

Quote:
Well if thats the case the answer would still be Quickbeam since he carried them around the forest whilst the rest of the Ents had their Entmoot.
the answer would be treebeard since he was the first ent to carry them through the forest.......

it wasn't till later that quickbeam took up the job of carrying them to isengard
Old 05-24-2009, 17:40   #75
Killecesar

Quote:
the answer would be treebeard since he was the first ent to carry them through the forest.......

it wasn't till later that quickbeam took up the job of carrying them to isengard
He didnt carry them through the forest, only to give to Quickbeam. Then it was Quickbeam who carried them and showed them around the forest. You do realise that film adaptations usually makes a complete hash of the original work right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: