Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 01:58   #1
ChaosDealer73
Heh.

ChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond repute
Windows 7 Help/FAQ Thread

Windows 7 Help Thread
Conquer Online does NOT support Windows 7. Use at your own risk! This thread is to help users, if possible!

Hello! This is to help people that have problems with the new version of Windows, Windows 7. Some users might find ways around the problems and this will be the place to help out other users.

If you have any problems or questions, please post here. As problems are solved, we will update this list so that you can easily find the answers if they exist.

PLEASE remember that Windows 7 is a new version of the Windows operating system and therefore not completely compatible with our software. There WILL be bugs with compatibility and you should have known that when you installed the operating system. Please do not get angry or frustrated, as CO was not made for Windows 7 and it will take some time before it is all squared away.

As per usual, there will be no spamming tolerated.

Hi guys, after the 5180 patch, some of the players still reported that they cannot play CO on win7. Fortunately, a warm-hearted player provided us a solution. So I wanna share it with all the players here. Please note that it might not work for all the palyers. Just hope it does some help.
Go to the CO2 folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Conquer 2.0\zftqat
DELETE the file TQAT.exe
Copy the file NOTEPAD.exe from C:\Windows
Paste it to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Conquer 2.0\zftqat
Rename it now to TQAT.exe
(This lets CO fine the TQAT program but its not the same one so it does not execute the Anti-Trojan that crashes win7)
(Now CO2 Runs but lagss TERRIBLY BAD, the following fixed this)

2. Freeware Download
Download and install the program CCleaner from:
http://www.ccleaner.com
After installation run the REGISTRY "Scan for Issue" and let it fix all errors it finds.
As long as you have it, it's not a bad idea to clean the temp files too, but I do not think it's necessary.

I thought this was free but I forgot I bought the program PC Pitstop Optimize3 (My mistake saying earlier it was free, sorry)
After installation run this program and allow it to fix all optimizations and registry fixes.

Reboot your PC
I now play daily with Win7 and no lag.

Last edited by ChaosDealer73; 01-04-2010 at 22:53.
ChaosDealer73 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2009, 03:14   #2
ahmed_69
Banned

ahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond repute
I get BSoD(blue screen of death) whenever I try to open CO.

Applies to both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 beta. My ATI 4850 drivers are updated to the windows 7 8.12 catalyst drivers. I don't get BSoD with other games.

EDIT: Bypassed autopatch and it works fine now...

Last edited by ahmed_69; 01-13-2009 at 03:47.
ahmed_69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2009, 14:41   #3
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
It's not the autopatch that causes problems.
It's the Anti Trojan program that the issue.
Close it as soon as you see it start up (gotta be fast or BSOD will happen) and the game will run just fine, even with autopatch
Conondrum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2009, 15:12   #4
ahmed_69
Banned

ahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond reputeahmed_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Well either way...multi fixed it.
Old 01-13-2009, 20:27   #5
Hidewarrior
:):D:(:P:/

Hidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond reputeHidewarrior has a reputation beyond repute
that anti tojan program is one problem after another...
they should just get rid of it.

But this program is aiming at protecting your account, man. :P--------Cindy

the countless bugs, and annoyances. in any other legit company they would be embarrassed at their errors. but tq just pretends like they dont exsist.
-hidewarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
Live support and GM's have both told me no. So the answer is most likely yes.

Last edited by CindyZ; 01-14-2009 at 03:45.
Hidewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2009, 00:04   #6
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
We haven't known much about this Windows 7 yet. So if you guys have any question or news about this, please post it here and I will keep an eye on it. Thanks. :0
Old 01-15-2009, 01:58   #7
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidewarrior View Post
that anti tojan program is one problem after another...
they should just get rid of it.
Yeah I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post

But this program is aiming at protecting your account, man. :P--------Cindy
It doesn't really do anything that any other antivirus program can't do.
Most of the hack cases can be narrowed down to:
Account sharing/selling.
Sold accounts can easily be taken back, thus leaving the buyer thinking that he or she got hacked.
Besides.. If people are using hacks/bots, they really deserve to get hacked.
No need to use other programs like TQAT to prevent that.
Common sense is the best anti trojan program out there
Old 01-15-2009, 04:44   #8
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conondrum View Post
Yeah I agree

It doesn't really do anything that any other antivirus program can't do.
Most of the hack cases can be narrowed down to:
Account sharing/selling.
Sold accounts can easily be taken back, thus leaving the buyer thinking that he or she got hacked.
Besides.. If people are using hacks/bots, they really deserve to get hacked.
Well, I agree with you on this part, man :P
No need to use other programs like TQAT to prevent that.
Common sense is the best anti trojan program out there
But for this part, I cannot agree with you. Yeah, I have to admit that common sense is a quite good way to avoid being hacked. But sometimes, you cannot sense the virsus. :P Anyway, I will forward your suggestion to our decision maker.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:33   #9
Enima

Enima is on a distinguished road
BsoD is not something related with CO its a bug related to Win7 itself , it could also happen even tough u closed the anti troj program of CO
-Unique necky
-Unique Ring
-Elite Club / -Unique Blade 1soc
-Unique armor
-Normal boots xD

Godsjira : Fire-lvl 90
Gear :
-Elite Cap
-Elite bag
-Normal Bracelets
-Unique +1 1Soc BS
-Elite +1 Robe
-Normal boots

Meeeeh i need better gear O_o

Server : Wild Kingdoms / Lion
Enima is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2009, 10:20   #10
Conondrum
Fading..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enima View Post
BsoD is not something related with CO its a bug related to Win7 itself , it could also happen even tough u closed the anti troj program of CO
I've only experienced BSODs when running CO with Anti Trojan.
No other game or program has caused BSODs on my installation of Windows 7.
Old 01-15-2009, 22:30   #11
ahmed_69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conondrum View Post
I've only experienced BSODs when running CO with Anti Trojan.
No other game or program has caused BSODs on my installation of Windows 7.
Same for me. I'd say it's more of a CO problem than a Microsoft problem...
Old 01-16-2009, 05:33   #12
Enima

Enima is on a distinguished road
ah ok cool =D , as ive read here it was a known issue for the time beeing of win 7 itself ( yes the magazine ive read is reliable as im an IT person and the magazine is from IT company aswell )
-Unique necky
-Unique Ring
-Elite Club / -Unique Blade 1soc
-Unique armor
-Normal boots xD

Godsjira : Fire-lvl 90
Gear :
-Elite Cap
-Elite bag
-Normal Bracelets
-Unique +1 1Soc BS
-Elite +1 Robe
-Normal boots

Meeeeh i need better gear O_o

Server : Wild Kingdoms / Lion
Enima is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2009, 19:20   #13
Shirou

Shirou is on a distinguished road
i been having problems with it after i patch the game it will do a memory dump and when i reboot my system it will not play the game
Shirou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2009, 13:17   #14
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou View Post
i been having problems with it after i patch the game it will do a memory dump and when i reboot my system it will not play the game
the memory dump is the blue screen of dead (notice how its all blue =o) try doing the fix of closing the antivirus before it appears or if you know how to rename the folder where it is located you probably wont get more BSoDs

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 12:10   #15
Imperial_Legion
AkA ŠNinja

Imperial_Legion is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Windows 7 Fix

Here is a link to the Fix for the anti-trojan BSoD..Please note this is fix was released by the Windows 7 Beta Group and is not made by TQ or Microsoft. But if ur having problems with Windows 7 and Conquer it fixes it. Make sure u run the program as administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows Vist. I'm not sure if u have to run in compatibility mode.. i did just incase lol.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wnmmm...-Fix-08933.exe

Was fun but no more...

Come Join Us in (Perfect World) Were we play now.... that CO Days done...
Perfect World International (Lost City)
Devinous Lvl 27 Cleric [Heritics Leader]
Imperial_Legion is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: