Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 01:13   #1
Kingofbears
||||||||||

Kingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond reputeKingofbears has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb **Here's the solution to Fixing Virus detected by AVG -->

Edit: It seems like the Virus problem no longer exists as AVG has rectify the problem.
In any cases, if the problem do occur again, its always good to refer back here for the solution

This is the current solution for users that has AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0:

If your .exe file has been detected by AVG and placed into the Virus vault, i would recommend that you re-install your client

Please remember to Delete the Conquer.exe found in your Virus Vault before you proceed to re-install your client

Having reinstalled your client, before proceeding onto starting your Conquer client, please do the following steps below to prevent AVG from capturing the .exe and isolating it

To overcome this virus being detected, all you have to do is follow this couple of simple steps:

1. Click on the Overview tab located on the Left side of the AVG interface
2. Upon clicking the Overview tab, the right side will be changed accordingly
3. Either Double-click on the Resident Shield icon or right click its icon and select open
4. Now, you would have entered the Overview -> Resident Shield
5. Locate the Manage exceptions button at the bottom left of the interface
6. Clicking the button will open up Advanced AVG Settings
7. Select the button Add Path and locate your Conquer 2.0 folder and add the whole folder in, and dont forget to click the Apply button upon adding the folder

This is just a temporary measurement until AVG has found a solution to the fix as this problems only seems be conflicting with AVG.

Take note: Once AVG has fix the problem, dont forget to un-do the steps and remove the Path that you have added previously for security purposes.

I hope this would help out the AVG supporters out there. Cheers

Edit: It seems like the Virus problem no longer exists as AVG has rectify the problem.
In any cases, if the problem do occur again, its always good to refer back here for the solution

Last edited by Kingofbears; 09-13-2008 at 20:52.
Kingofbears is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2008, 03:05   #2
kaxeryo
NIHAO!

kaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond reputekaxeryo has a reputation beyond repute
Kingofbear Rocks! You Best Mentor!

TY VERY MUCH + REP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.Marbury!!!?
lol... its illegal for us to sell our items for usd but its ok for tq to sell items to us for usd....

double standard

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kaxeryo! Water-Warrior-Trojan
kaxeryo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08   #3
yellowbutterfly

yellowbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Question But why do conquer.exe has this malware?

too bad my earlier thread was closed, Tnaks for the replies but ,I still have some questions.

Does conquer.exe really has this malware? or is this programming error?

Thanks for the solution...err..workaround suggested how to configure AVG not to quarantine conqer.exe. but what if i'm not using AVG?

and finally, why is this "virus" or "malware" seems to be accepted as contained in exe file? can't they just remove it?........hhhmmm...(or maybe it has its own purpose for being there)

Thanks CO pipz
Old 09-07-2008, 09:47   #4
Winddancer
Byes

Winddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond repute
Its surprisingly not TQ's fault this time, its the anti-virus programs. If you are using another one, then try and find what is suggested in the stickied thread in your antivirus and do the same. You can also email them the fake trojan and tell them to fix it so it wont detect it again.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Winddancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2008, 10:46   #5
JippofarmerV.2

JippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i got Cloaked malware on Previ csi or w/e its called :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMage View Post
u got tq'ed
Dreams-Dreams

Elements-Fire

IMA FIRING MAH LAZ0R *BLAAAAAAAAH*

Pirates own ninjas.

Proud member of the Water club
JippofarmerV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2008, 14:05   #6
JippofarmerV.2

JippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond reputeJippofarmerV.2 has a reputation beyond repute
why the **** did wind put my post here i was adding to someone elses post my avg is fine ffs >.> diff scanner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMage View Post
u got tq'ed
Dreams-Dreams

Elements-Fire

IMA FIRING MAH LAZ0R *BLAAAAAAAAH*

Pirates own ninjas.

Proud member of the Water club

Last edited by Winddancer; 09-07-2008 at 14:13. Reason: bypass
JippofarmerV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2008, 14:13   #7
Winddancer
Byes

Winddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond reputeWinddancer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JippofarmerV.2 View Post
why the **** did wind put my post here i was adding to someone elses post my avg is fine ffs >.> diff scanner
Because I merged the threads and your post was in the merged thread.

Old 09-07-2008, 18:12   #8
paulellisparker

paulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond reputepaulellisparker has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down :( Still can't get on :(

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul & Christy\Desktop\5056-5061.exe
Trojan horse Generic11.SRR

After the new pach I can't get on. I can't find the Overview tab that your talking about.
paulellisparker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 03:49   #9
Spidy007

Spidy007 is on a distinguished road
I have AVG Antivirus Free 8.0.169 and it finds Trojan horse Generic11.SRR at Conquer.exe (which was "installed" by patch 5061).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winddancer View Post
Its surprisingly not TQ's fault this time, its the anti-virus programs. If you are using another one, then try and find what is suggested in the stickied thread in your antivirus and do the same. You can also email them the fake trojan and tell them to fix it so it wont detect it again.
Maybe it is true that you say,but why should I trust you and not the Antivirus which made by a lot people experienced in programming and hacking?
Maybe they made Conquer.exe with virus for some reasons.
Spidy007 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 05:27   #10
noangel

noangel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to noangel Send a message via Yahoo to noangel
thanks

ok thanks for the help hope it works
noangel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 05:37   #11
Winddancer
Byes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy007 View Post
I have AVG Antivirus Free 8.0.169 and it finds Trojan horse Generic11.SRR at Conquer.exe (which was "installed" by patch 5061).

Maybe it is true that you say,but why should I trust you and not the Antivirus which made by a lot people experienced in programming and hacking?
Maybe they made Conquer.exe with virus for some reasons.
I honestly do not care if you believe me or not. Its still the truth. Do what you want then, I am not the one who cant play.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:11   #12
ogieboy042

ogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud of
same with me problem detected virus on my conquer

5050 and 5061 virus trojan horse

Last edited by Winddancer; 09-08-2008 at 09:59.
ogieboy042 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 08:24   #13
yellowbutterfly

yellowbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winddancer View Post
I honestly do not care if you believe me or not. Its still the truth. Do what you want then, I am not the one who cant play.
We want to know why...in all my years of playing CO and using a lot of AV programs,this only happens now? And the funny thing is, it seems like CO programmers doesn't care. Instead of removing this "trojan" you give us a workaround but still the so called trojan is still there. This leads us to think that somethin else is going on....like you made this virus on purpose to do something
"good" (i'm just stipulating ok, no accusations). Maybe it would be more convincing if you announce something like "Conquer.exe has a trojan in it, but don't worry, it'll do no harm to your computer, just let your AV ignore it" Instead of saying like...your AV is bugged, or any other AV that detects it, they're all bugged.

And as for the "I am not the one who can't play" statement, i find it rude. Without us, CO is nothing....

PIZ ya all...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02   #14
ogieboy042

ogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud ofogieboy042 has much to be proud of
thnx it work now
ogieboy042 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08   #15
Winddancer
Byes

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbutterfly View Post
We want to know why...in all my years of playing CO and using a lot of AV programs,this only happens now? And the funny thing is, it seems like CO programmers doesn't care. Instead of removing this "trojan" you give us a workaround but still the so called trojan is still there. This leads us to think that somethin else is going on....like you made this virus on purpose to do something
"good" (i'm just stipulating ok, no accusations). Maybe it would be more convincing if you announce something like "Conquer.exe has a trojan in it, but don't worry, it'll do no harm to your computer, just let your AV ignore it" Instead of saying like...your AV is bugged, or any other AV that detects it, they're all bugged.

And as for the "I am not the one who can't play" statement, i find it rude. Without us, CO is nothing....

PIZ ya all...
Well I find it rude when someone tells me I am lying. Honestly, why would I? I am not paid by TQ, I am not employed by TQ. I play the game and just volunteer to help on the forums, so there is absolutely no reason for me to lie about this, as I am not "protecting" anything.

It is AVG that is the problem and you are wrong, this is not the first time it has happened, in fact it has happened before. The only thing TQ can do is contact AVG and tell them to get off their asses and fix their anti virus program so it doesnt detect stuff that isnt there.

We are giving people a way around it, because as you can see, AVG is anything but fast when it comes to fixing this and we understand that people want to play.

Now you are more than welcome to email AVG yourselves and ask them to look into these so called "trojans" and then you can have them tell you that it is not a trojan, but a false positive.

You are also more than welcome to uninstall AVG and get a different anti virus program, but know there are a couple more out there that do the same, but as far as I have heard Avira AntiVir is good: http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1...antivirus.html and so is Avast: http://www.avast.com/
Neither get the false positives.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: